IC-Guns and Ammo(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Guns and Ammo(various)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:52 AM
In the chamber-
"Come on, let's get out of here," said Robert. He, Beth, Charlie, Bud, and Duke returned the way they had come.

In the common area-
"They went to look ahead," said Lynne to Alex as he entered the room, glancing back as they returned through the door she had unlocked. "Oh, here they come."

"I wasn't shot, I was bitten," moaned Alice. "It hurts so much...am I going to die?"

"We're probably all going to die," said Beth.

In the cell block-
"Thanks, Thomas," said Ashley. "He didn't hurt me, just scared me. But what he did to Hammond..." She shivered. "Hammond's a creepy perv, but still..."

The skinheads led the group back out of the cell block and into the interrogation room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"What did he do?" Thomas asks. "I'm glad he did not hurt you, at least. And as long as he thinks we're together you'll be safe. We uh, could actually be together. But like, only if you want. I'd be down with that." He babbles.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Alex looks at the wound, "You'll need a tetanus jab for that; it could get infected." He tells Annie.

He looks up as the others return.
"Did you find another exit? I don't fancy following Horst and his men; too trigger happy for my liking, not with you civilians anyhow."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:53 AM
In the common area-
"Where can I get one?" asked Alice through gritted teeth. "Does tetanus make the wound feel like it's on fire? And your head?"

"There's a hatch in the floor," said Robert. "Some sort of quarantine warning on it. There's a lift that goes down about thirty feet."

"Yeah, I've seen it before," said Lynne. "No idea what's down there, but it can't possibly be worse than those guys."

In the interrogation room-
"Thanks, that's sweet," said Ashley. "Horst made Hammond tell him where the guns were by cutting off his finger with his own cigar cutter." She turned her head away in revulsion. "It only took one to make him break, but he would have gone on cutting them all off if he hadn't told him."

The group proceeded back into the guard room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thomas winces. "Yeah, that does sound rough. Still, he has guns and a compound that will be heavily fortified, and where we can wait this out, so I still think he's our best bet. Just try and be agreeable and do whatever he tells you, and we should be safe." He had some experience in working very hard to avoid setting his dad off, and figured Horst could not be worse than that. He hoped not, anyway.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"You'd need a proper medical kit to get one; I doubt anywhere here has one although that quarantine area sounds promising for supplies; might be worth a try." Alex says to Alice. He stands up and stretches, looking round at everyone.
"Okay folks, listen up, this is the situation. We have something crazy going on topside with dead people attacking live people with great strength. It seems only a bullet to the head will stop them.
Guns are the way forward; the skinheads have a crate full but they are trigger happy and unpredictable; I'd advise caution if we decide to follow them. Especially the women. Plus we don't know the situation up top; maybe the military has arrived." He says hopefully.

"That lift to the lower levels would be proof against any dead 'uns that wander down here but it would also prove a trap if had to stay down here for a while. Then again, there might be another exit that way; an air shaft or supply access. Plus, there's a good chance of med supplies by the sounds of it. Whatever this place is supposed to be. Anyone know?
"So here's the deal. You've got five minutes to discuss amongst yourselves what you want to do. Tell me and then I'll make the final decision. By the way, we have a few guns already and I can train you all up a bit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:54 AM
In the common area-
"Who the hell put you in charge?" snarled Rita at Alex. "This ain't even your property!"

"If there's meds down there, that's where I want to go," mumbled Alice.

"I'm curious what's down there," said Duke, "but it could be dangerous, and we might get trapped."

"That's a good point," said Robert.

"I'm a private detective, looking for a missing girl," said Bud. "I suspect the skinheads abducted her. Maybe Hammond and Earl handed her over to them, going by the girls they had locked up down here. They probably have her in their compound. There could be a way there underground, but we don't know that. We know for sure we can get there on the surface, but we'd have to keep our distance from the skinheads so they don't see us."

"I don't see what difference it makes," said Beth. "We're all gonna die anyway. I'd rather avoid the skinheads, though. I don't want to end up raped."

Lynne nodded. "Same here," she said. "I know this place used to be some government facility before Earl bought the land decades ago. The sign said it used to be a federal prison. Maybe we can find out more information by looking around. We just passed through this place quickly without doing a thorough search."

"I really want to kill those scumbags," said Charlie, "but they got us outgunned."

In the guard room-
"Okay," replied Ashley. "I mean, up to a point. There's stuff he might want me to do that I couldn't..."

The group went down the short hall to the reception area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Hey,I'll make sure you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with." Thomas tells his girlfriend(Hey, she had kissed him. Surely that meant something.) "I think he'll leave you alone now that he knows we're together. But do me a favor, okay? No matter what he does, don't ever contradict him or correct him. I worry that might set him off, and someone wanting to be called fuehrer probably wants obedience in people. If worse comes to worst and he asks you to do something you're not okay with, agree to it and come to me and I'll take care of it." He wondered if he really could take care of it, if Horst asked him to chain a girl to the wall or kill a man, but tried to dismiss those thoughts. If it ensured his and Ash's safety, he really had no choice.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:55 AM
In the common area-
"We also need to consider the people we left up above," added Charlie. "We don't know what's happened to them, but I'd like to check on them, particularly Ellen at the motel."

In the reception area-
"Okay," said Ashley again. "I guess we don't have any choice."

"Hold up here for a minute," said Horst, pointing at the dead bodies. "Buzz, Mutt, search them and get their stuff: weapons, ammo, anything useful." The other skinheads set down their crates temporarily and looted the corpses.

"They killed my brother," growled Mutt, taking some magazines, a pistol, some grenades, and a taser from Jeff's body. He also took off Jeff's shirt and removed a Kevlar vest that he had been wearing underneath. Meanwhile, Buzz took a box of shotgun shells, a pistol, a few magazines, and a switchblade from Guzzmann.

"Here, hold Kerry a moment," said Horst, shoving her into Buzz's arms. He took the Kevlar vest and put it on over his clothes, then grabbed his hostage again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Any chance I could get a gun, Fuhrer?" Thomas asks Horst with as much respect as he can muster."I'm pretty decent with a pistol, and if we come under attack outside I'd like to be able to help."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Alex looks around the group, "I'm in charge because I'm the only combat professional here and we are in a combat situation. Unless there's something some of you ain't telling me." He looks around again. "We work our way through the prison, collect medical supplies and munitions. We find another way out which isn't guarded by the skinheads. We keep a look out behind us so we don't get surprised by walking dead guys. Once we get topside we survey the area and make our way back to the motel. We'll have our best shooters point and rear, everyone else in the middle. Any questions?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:56 AM
In the common area-
"I was in the Marine Corps too," said Bud. "I'm not active duty any more, but once a Marine, always a Marine. I've only got my revolver now, and I'm running low on bullets, but I can still put up a fight. One of us should take point and the other be rear guard. I think the only other one of us with a gun is Nurse Ratched here."

"Hey!" snarled Rita.

"I've got a baseball bat, if it helps," said Duke.

"Too bad they got those guns," said Charlie, "but there was nothing we could do while they had hostages."

"Where do we start?" asked Robert. "Do we go down the hatch first, or do we search the prison area while we're up here?"

In the reception area-
Horst laughed while Buzz and Mutt took up their crates again. "You want a pistol, you gotta earn it, kid," he said to Thomas. "You ain't shown you can pull your weight. You can't even carry that crate by yourself without dropping it on your damn foot! Your girl's more of a man than you are! Now pick up that crate and follow me." He and Flip resumed leading the group through the open door and into the entry corridor. Earl and Ashley helped Thomas with the third crate.

In the short hallway-
The group proceeded up the hall toward the gate that led to the stairway back toward the surface.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thomas' face turns a bright red and he puts his head down. "Yessir." Horst hadn't said anything his father hadn't already-- hell, his dad had been worse-- but it still hurt to be treated as useless by someone else. And in front of his girlfriend. Ash probably thought he was a total loser now.

He keeps quiet and does as instructed.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"It's good to have you on board, Bud." Alex says to Bud. "You bring up the rear and keep looking behind you. Ma'am, I could do with your support up front." He says to Rita, ignoring her sullen look. "We should finish checking the prison before we go down the hatch; does anyone know the layout?" He says looking at Rita.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:57 AM
In the common area-
"I ain't never been down here before," said Rita. "Hammond and Earl know about this place, not me,"

"Well, I've been down here before," said Lynne. "The only things ahead of us are the hatch and whatever's below it, and the generator room. I've never been down there. I don't trust that elevator. Back the way we came, there's the showers and then the prison cells. Past them are the interrogation room, then the guard room, then the hallway. There's four doors off the hall, and one of them's locked. I don't know what's behind it. The others have an office combined with quarters for one person, a mess hall, and living quarters. Past the hallway is the reception area where we came in."

In the fallout shelter-
The skinheads and their captives went through the open gate and soon reached the bottom of the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thomas continues to help move the box silently.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"So we've seen most of what's on this level then; we should take the hatch. Has anyone seen a rope lying about? It would be sensible to have a back up in case the elevator fails." Alex looks round the group; 3 women, one wounded. Two young fairly capable looking guys and an old guy, ex marine; could be a lot worse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:58 AM
In the common area-
"I haven't seen any rope," said Beth, "but there is a ladder as well as the elevator beneath the hatch."

"Well, no time like the present," said Robert, nodding to Alex. "Lead on, MacDuff."

Rita went with Alex into the hatch chamber, walking shortly behind him and to the right. The others followed, Alice having the most difficult time, with Bud bringing up the rear.

In the chamber-
The group entered the chamber. The open door to the generator room was at the back, and the hatch was in the middle of the floor here.

In the fallout shelter-
The skinheads and those with them proceeded up the first flight of stairs.
OOC,[b]Thomas[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
Thomas is still lost in his own world, and hears nothing.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Alex walks briskly over to the open door and looks into the generator room.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”