IC-The Madness(Hammond/Dave/Jimmy/Wallace/Bo/Kimberly/Jim)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-The Madness(Hammond/Dave)

Post by dustakr »

OOC,does [b]Dave[/b] knows of any fire retardant near by if yes, he will run for it, also if [b]Hammond[/b] tries to stop him in some way, he will try to tackle him to ground first and then disarmed him if possible.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-The Madness(Hammond/Dave/Wallace/Bo/Kimberly)

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:03 AM
In the liquor closet-
Hammond ignored Dave completely, instead trying to push the keg back on top of the trapdoor, while Dave slipped into the kitchen where he knew there was a fire extinguisher. It didn't take him long.
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (50% stat) to move the keg: [dice]0[/dice]
In the kitchen-
Dave stopped dead in his tracks as he entered the kitchen and came face to face with Wallace, Bo, and Kimberly. Wallace had his rifle in his hands, and Bo and Kimberly had shotguns. Fortunately, they held their fire. Hammond's laughter came from the liquor closet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave puts wrench aside and grabs a fire extinguisher, looks back at the group and says, "So what are you waiting for, there's fire ablaze down at basement hid down liquor closet with people inside, and Hammond is blocking way, help me to put the fire out, I can not do a thing about it if we did not drive Hammond out of closet, and not to forget his armed with gun."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-The Madness(Hammond/Dave/Jimmy/Wallace/Bo/Kimberly/Ji

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:04 AM
In the kitchen-
Kimberly stepped into the liquor closet, her shotgun leading the way. Wallace and Bo were right behind her. Jim Kerr and Jimmy walked into the kitchen and saw them go inside while Dave grabbed the fire extinguisher.

In the liquor closet-
Kimberly, Wallace, and Bo saw Hammond standing next to the end of the hose. He had a revolver in his belt.

"Don't move," said Kimberly pointing her shotgun at him before he could reach for his gun.

"You stole my fuel!" protested Wallace.

"You've got some explaining to do," said Bo. "Where's Rosie?"

Hammond rolled his eyes. "Those skinheads are crazy!" he said, showing them the bandage are where his missing pinky was. "Look what they did to me! They took me down into the basement to steal my stuff, and some of those dead guys who won't stay dead followed us down. I managed to escape while they were busy fighting, and then I ran the hose over, sprayed them with fuel and burned them all to a crisp! You're welcome."

"Where's Rosie?" repeated Bo.

Hammond shrugged. "She escaped in the confusion. I don't know where she is now. Maybe check over at the motel."

"Those skinheads may be crazy," said Wallace, "but so are you."

"You've been bitten," said Bo, lowering his shotgun and pointing at a rip in his pants.

"Yeah, one of those ankle-biters took a little chunk out of me as I fled," said Hammond. "I feel like hell."

"I know that feeling," said Wallace. "One of them got me too."
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (65% skill) about what happened: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Psychology roll (53% skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Psychology roll (5% base skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Psychology roll (5% base skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) about [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]6[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"Guys, Are we going to put fire out or not?, I have clear heard Man's voice coming from down there, He was certainly telling someone name Ash to run away from diesel on ground." Dave Enters liquor closet pointing at Keg on trapdoor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:05 AM
In the liquor closet-
"Ash?" said Bo, following Dave quickly. "That must be Ashley!"

"That little fire extinguisher won't put out a diesel fire," said Hammond. "Best to just let it burn itself out. Once there's no more air down there, it'll take care of itself. If you open it up, it'll just give the fire more fuel."

Bo helped Dave move the keg aside, lending his tremendous strength to the effort, revealing a trapdoor in the floor beneath.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Are you crazy?" Jim says to Hammond. "You're starting a diesel fire right beneath us? What is down there anyway? Is it a basement?"

Jim keeps his pistol trained on Hammond to make sure he doesn't interfere with Bo and Dave getting the trapdoor open.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:06 AM
In the liquor closet-
Bo flipped open the trapdoor, and a wave of heat roared out from below. The top of the staircase hadn't caught fire, as no fuel had been spilled on it. The hose had directed it downward, and there was a landing at the bottom that turned around a corner. A raging inferno filled the landing and the bottom of the stairway above it.

"Not any more," said Hammond. "Hey, I did what I had to do. Whoever won down there, the rest of us would've been killed."
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b] and [b]Jim[/b], you may both roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Pschology 34 [dice]0[/dice]
"You can't just kill people." Gary keeps his gun trained on Hammond.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"Prove it, Hammond", Dave continues, "and What is down there?; is Boss Earl down there, is he OK ??"
OOC,how will [b]Dave[/b] putting out the fire?, is he just going to use fire extinguisher?.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy keeps his firearm raised "I think we need a voice of reason here, theres a lot of crazy shit happening. I might be nobody and I might be in agreement with this fella that you can't just people. But until today the dead were not supposed to walk, and death bugs or whatever the hell they are didn't exist either. Right now I think we might want to think about calming things down and working together. I don't know what's been happening here - and to be honest I am not sure I do outside either but everything is fucked how about we all chill out, I get the feeling there is worse coming.".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:07 AM
In the liquor closet-
"Smart kid," said Hammond, nodding to Jimmy. "We got enough trouble today without us killing each other. There are other skinheads out there, and they'll be mighty pissed if they realize their leader is dead." He glared at Jim Kerr. "You say we can't just kill people, but you're pointing a gun at me like you mean to shoot me." Then he turned his gaze on Dave. "How can I prove it? All the proof just went up in flames! Earl? He was down there, but those things got him. He's dead."
OOC,[b]Dave[/b], if you want to try to fight the fire with the fire extinguisher, you can, but it looks very dangerous and with little chance of success. If you want to try it, please roll Luck. Everyone, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice] Does Hammond look or sound like he's still crazy? Psychology 34 [dice]1[/dice]
"There's nobody left alive down there?"
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,Luck roll [dice]0[/dice] Listen roll [dice]1[/dice]
Dave tries Fire extinguisher on fire.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jim Kerr,You tried and failed a Psychology roll about [b]Hammond[/b] the previous turn, so that result stands and you cannot tell anything more.
Dave/Jim Kerr,Gunfire sounded in the distance to the west, from the motel by the sound of it. There was a shotgun blast followed by two single shots.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,I completely forgot I already tried that Psychology roll. Sorry.
"I'm not going to shoot you unless you do something stupid." Jim replies to Hammond. Then as he hears the sound of gunfire outside, he takes a few steps towards the back door.

"Did some of the skinheads go to the motel?" He asks.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"Is flip also down there, boss Hammond, a skinhead, you must be knowing him." Dave asks Hammond a question. "did they got him also?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:08 AM
On the stairs-
Dave descended the stairs as far as he dared and began to spray the fire with the extinguisher, but it wasn't going down at all. He was far enough down that he could see that the stairway turned 180 degrees at the landing and kept going down, and that it was filled with a wall of flickering flames.

In the liquor closet-
A second shotgun blast rang out in the distance from where the other shots had come, and then there was silence. "Flip was down there with Horst," said Hammond. "Ain't nobody could have survived that fire. They're both toast. So are Buzz and Mutt. I don't know where the others went, I was downstairs." He hobbled out of the liquor closet after Jim Kerr. "Come on, someone's in trouble," said Bo. He, Kimberly, and Wallace followed him.

In the kitchen-
Hammond opened the back door and looked outside. Seeing that it was clear, he stepped through the door. Wallace, Bo, and Kimberly were right behind him. Jim Kerr was at the back door, and he was certainly capable of following if he wished.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will indeed follow the others out the back door. They can come back to check downstairs after the diesel fire burns itself out.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave would continue to try and put out the fire until fire extinguisher gets empty, he then will go outside of the liquor closet to grab his wrench and look for something else to put out the fire.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”