IC-Survival(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Survival(various)

Post by dustakr »

Spoiler:
OOC, Sneak roll

[dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Samantha raises her eyebrows. She's an outdoors girl. "You gonna take on those skinheads in the diner? You're crazy! I'm going back to the motel and up the stairs where I can keep an eye out for skinheads, zombies and lethal flying insects." She turns to the dogs, "You going or are you staying with me, boys?" She's always preferred animals to people.
listen,base [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:00 AM
In the kitchen-
Dave saw no movement in the kitchen, so he silently padded over to the open door to the liquor closet.
OOC,[b]Dave[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Madness

In the parking lot-
The dogs trotted over to Jenny's side, looking up at her to see what she would do.

"I understand," said Kimberly. "Thank you, Gary, that means a lot. I wouldn't expect civilians to get involved with this, but I'm sure I can count on the State Trooper here. It's not just the ones in the diner, but there's also the ones that escaped with the hostages. I don't think I need to tell you what they're going to do to those women if we don't rescue them, and I have reason to believe they have other captives as well. They've most likely gone back to their compound, but I have some intel about it that could be of use."

"Where's Rosie?" asked Bo. "Is...is she one of the hostages?"

"I'd like to help," said Wallace. "I used to be a reservation cop. But I feel like hell warmed over. I don't know how much longer I'll last."
Gary,[b]Gary[/b] could hear the sound of something heavy being moved deep in the diner, from the kitchen area. This was followed by maniacal laughter.
In the diner-
Jim Kerr stepped into the diner, glass fragments crunching under his boots. A trail of blood led from the entrance to the diner and into the kitchen.
Jim Kerr,[b]Jim[/b] could hear the sound of something heavy being moved beyond the kitchen doors. This was followed by maniacal laughter.
Behind the motel-
Mitchell went over to the back door and tried it, finding it to be locked as well. There was a window next to it, but it had curtains drawn shut, as did the windows of all of the motel rooms on this side of the building. There was no movement other than the waving grass as far as Mitchell's eye could see.
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] heard voices on the other side of the door, as well as what sounded like video game music: "Maybe the military will let me have a gun," said a young male voice. "No," said a woman flatly. "No fair! [b]Scotty[/b] got to use one!" "Shh," hissed another woman, whose voice he recognized as that of [b]Ellen Cody[/b], the motel's maid. "There's someone walking around out there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy was getting restless watching the door and seeing others make a move he follows Jim into the diner with the rifle still readied.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny signals to the dogs to follow [/b] "I think I have had enough action for one day, I am going to follow Samantha you boys can help be our eyes and ears if you want" . She calls out to Samantha "Wait up, I'll join you and I think the dogs will too" .
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha turns and waits for Jenny to catch up. "I'm sorry, I'd be no use in there; I don't cope too well with confined spaces, not when they are full of crazy humans. That's why I took my job as a park warden; outdoors." She walks back to the motel with Jenny and the dogs. "Are they yours? They're good dogs. Can you use a shotgun?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:01 AM
In the parking lot-
"We'll find Rosie, Trooper," said Kimberly. "Let's get in there." With their shotguns in hand, she and Bo followed Jimmy inside and joined Jim Kerr.

"Hell, I'm coming too," said Wallace, hefting his rifle and going inside with them.

The dogs followed Jenny and Samantha west toward the motel. They were now about halfway there.

In the diner-
Broken glass from the windows littered the floor near the front of the room. A trail of blood led from there to the kitchen doors.
OOC,Everyone who just entered may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%. [b]Jim Kerr[/b] does not need to roll, as he already succeeded.
Jim Kerr,"Thanks, Dave, I got this," said [b]Hammond[/b]'s voice from somewhere beyond the kitchen doors. This was followed by the sound of liquid spraying, as from a hose. "Those skinheads are down there with a bunch of those people who won't stay dead. I managed to get away while they were fighting. Now I'm gonna burn 'em all!" From further away and below, he heard a man call out "S***, run!"
Behind the motel-
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] waited, but he heard nothing new from the kitchen. However, in the distance somewhere inside the motel, he heard [b]Ellen[/b] hiss: "[b]Mr. Foo[/b], we heard someone moving around behind the motel! I think it's...one of them..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell yells out. "No, I ain't one of them. It's Mitchell from the garage. Please let me in!
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary is loathe to leave the truck.
"I thought we were going out to the skinhead's compound and see if we can't get those girls out of there." He calls out to Kimberly. Then he gets inside the truck and makes sure the windows are rolled up.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim continues on to the back of the diner to see if he can't get a visual on what's going on. His pistol is out and ready.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the diner-
"We will," Kimberly called back to Gary, "but first we have to take care of the skinheads that are still here and rescue anyone they've taken prisoner."

JIm Kerr could see that there was a back door at the rear of the diner, on the left side, away from the kitchen. He started making his way toward it.
OOC,Everyone in the diner, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:02 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary rolled up the windows and waited in the pickup truck.

In the diner-
Jim Kerr continued through the diner and looked out the back door. There was nothing unusual he could see outside to the north. Looking east along the wall, however, he noticed that another fire door along that wall which presumably led to the kitchen was propped open by a hose passing through it. It came from around the corner, on the east side of the building where the garage was.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b]'s Listen roll (45% skill) in the diner: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Listen roll (49% skill) in the diner: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Listen roll (47% skill) in the diner: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Listen roll (57% skill) in the diner: [dice]3[/dice]
Jimmy/Wallace/Kimberly/Jim Kerr,"Stop boss, someone else down there," called [b]Dave[/b] from the direction of the kitchen. "Who is down there, identify yourself?" The sound of liquid spraying stopped.
"BURN IN HELL YOU BASTARDS!" screamed Hammond at the top of his lungs from the direction of the kitchen. Bo and Kimberly ran through the kitchen doors, while Wallace limped behind them.
Jimmy/Wallace/Kimberly/Jim Kerr,This was followed by the sound of something slamming down, and then [b]Hammond[/b]'s hysterical laughter.
In the kitchen-
Bo and Kimberly rushed inside with their shotguns ready, Wallace backing them up with his rifle. A hose snaked in from the back door across the bloody floor and through the open door to the liquor closet, which was also where the blood trail led.

In front of the motel-
Samantha, Jenny, and the dogs finally reached the motel's parking lot.

Behind the motel-
"Hold on, we have to move the barricade!" a woman called from the other side of the door. "Come on, Bobby, lend a hand." There was the sound of furniture being moved, and finally the door opened to reveal a woman in her forties and a teenage boy who bore some resemblance to her. They stepped aside. "Come on in," said the woman.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha runs up the nearest staircase to reach the walkway. She looks for a spot she can see the diner from. "Come on up here, Jenny, bring the dogs. You might find some water for them in one of the rooms." She hunkers down and lines her rifle up to cover the diner area if possible.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny continues to follow Samantha "Ah they aren't mine they seem to be keeping an eye out for me though and they are friendly, they must belong to someone around here. Not the best with a shotgun but I have used a rifle before - not too bad with it but targets and rabbits are one thing, skinheads and zombies - well Id rather be out of the way I think. Must be nice being a park ranger, I liked the outdoors as well - but after seeing those damned creatures everything is making me so damned nervous now" .
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy crouches down and tries to stay low while following Jim sticking to any cover and trying his best to stay out of sight from whomever asked them to identify themselves.
Listen 45%,[dice]0[/dice]
Sneak 50%,[dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:03 AM
In the parking lot-
Jimmy entered the diner while Gary waited in the pickup truck.

In the diner-
Jim Kerr remained where he was, unsure of what to do. Jimmy joined him, covering him with his rifle.

In the kitchen-
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b], [b]Bo[/b], and [b]Kimberly[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Madness

In front of the motel-
Samantha and Jenny went to the stairs at the southwest corner and ascended them to the balcony, the dogs close on their heels.

On the motel balcony, southeast corner-
Samantha, Jenny, and the dogs reached the top of the stairs and stood on the balcony. The east side of the motel was lined with several closed doors, including the one to Samantha's room. The balcony rounded the corner to the west and went around to the rear of the motel.

Behind the motel-
Mitchell stepped into the motel.
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Wake Up Call
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will follow Bo and the others into the kitchen.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary will drive the truck over to the front of the diner and wait for the others to come out.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I think I've got my key somewhere still." Samantha finds it in a pocket and gives it to Jenny. "You can use the bathroom in my room to get some water, use the bin or something. And have a look round for my binoculars; I can't remember if I left them in my room or my car. Oh and there's half a packet of cookies we can share. I'll keep a look out."
ooc,Is it okay to assume Sam would have binoculars as part of her warden equipment?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that's reasonable.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death