IC-Survival(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-Survival(various)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Whoa, now stop here Wallace. We must see what´s happening here and help the people out." Bo starts to open the passenger door, hoping Wallace will actually stop the truck. He scans the garage and diner to see who is out and about.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Seeing that they didn't hear him, Gary will walk a few steps towards the truck and wave in greeting.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell will go back down and around the back to see if the back door is open.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

The truck seems friendly. Samantha lowers her rifle with a sigh of relief. "That's something anyhow. Let's go see if they've got any news." She says to Kimberly and Jenny. She walks back over towards where the truck is pulling up. Out of habit she keeps a general eye out on the sky and horizon.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny nods [/b] "Good idea, but please be good news or no news, no more what the fuck news."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

Dave tries to be more attentive to his surroundings while keeping an eye on boss Hammond's chore, he is confused if he should confront Hammond or not, after while he gathers the courage to call out boss Hammond without offending him from behind cover..."Boss, I am Dave mechanic here, are you ok there..where is Boss Earl?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:58 AM
In the parking lot-
Wallace sighed, but he stopped the truck. "All right," he said to Bo, "just promise me you're gonna arrest Hammond after that. I can't wait to see you slap the cuffs on him." He got out of the truck, staggering a little.

Bo could see that Jimmy was standing around in the lot, keeping an eye on the diner. Dave was inside the ruined diner, near the back. Jenny, Kimberly, Gary, Samantha, and the dogs were heading back toward the diner from the motel. Mitchell was visible coming down the stairs from the motel balcony, near the southeast corner.

Outside the motel-
Kimberly went with Jenny, Gary, and Samantha back toward the truck. The dogs followed. They soon reached the dirt road halfway between the two buildings. Mitchell reached the bottom of the stairs by the southwest corner of the motel. The skies were thankfully clear.

In the diner-
Dave heard Hammond open the kitchen's back door and head inside, laughing, before Dave called out to him. There was no response.
OOC,[b]Dave[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,Listen Roll [dice]0[/dice]

Dave gets out of cover and walks near the kitchen back door...if possible tries to get a pick into the kitchen taking cover from behind the door.
Last edited by dustakr on Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Hey, it's a cop!" Samantha waves at Bo. Then realises he's the one she saw here earlier at breakfast time. "Where's he been all this time?" She says to the others as they walk towards the truck.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell looks over at the truck briefly and then goes around to the back of the motel.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"What are you doing back here? Are the roads impassable?" Gary says to the trio in the truck. "Some of the skinheads disappeared with a couple women from the diner as hostages. Not sure what happened to the rest of the skinheads but everyone in the diner has gone somewhere, including the infected that didn't get killed again."

Gary pauses then continues. "Oh, and there might be some flying alien creatures coming this way from the meteor that crashed last night. They got poison stingers so we need to get under some cover soon.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy calls out "You guys think we should actually try and make our way in, I am pretty sure whoever is in there is taking supplies but I don't feel too comfortable getting in by myself. Or we could make sure all entrances/exits are covered at least?".
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim gets out of the truck and looks towards the diner. "You think we should go check out what happened in there?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:59 AM
Behind the diner-
Dave slipped outside and went over to the kitchen's back door. The door through which he had exited shut behind him. The kitchen door was propped open by the hose that passed through it. Peeking through the door, he saw into the kitchen, which was deserted and quite messy. The blood smears he had seen in the main area of the diner continued through the kitchen and into the open door leading to the liquor closet. The hose also went through that door.

In the parking lot-
Wallace staggered out of the truck. "That's serious bad news," he said. "I wouldn't know where to begin. I just wanna bust Hammond, and then I need to lie down and rest. That bastard's stealing my gas." He gave Bo a forced smile. "I just hope he resists arrest. I-80's blocked off to the east, and Sidney's on fire, but we didn't have to go that far. We got off near Brownson and rendezvoused with a State Police helicopter, where we dropped off some fuel and passengers for the lovely lady pilot."

Kimberly, Jenny, Gary, and Samantha arrived, followed by the dogs. "Something should be done about those skinheads," said Kimberly. "I don't think they're going to let those hostages go, and I have reason to believe they have other captives up at their compound. I can help if we go after them, but we're going to need a large force." She looked at Bo. "You up for it?"
OOC,Everyone in the parking lot may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Behind the motel-
Mitchell went around the south side of the motel to the southwest corner and looked around. This side of the motel had stairs to the balcony near the southwest and northwest corners as well. A short distance from the west side of the motel, the parking lot ended at the edge of a field where tall grass, higher than his head, waved in the wind as it extended into the distance.
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave steps inside the kitchen while trying not to trip on anything around him,
he looks around for boss hammond, he keeps quiet in the kitchen, if no motion in the kitchen he will try to check what's inside liquor closet, of course with caution and while taking covers.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell walks around the back of the building, looking for a back door into the office or an open window.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will pull out his pistol and head over to the diner to investigate.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Ah hell, I guess I'm up for it." Gary says in response to Kimberly's suggestion.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Dave[/b], please roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%. [b]Jim[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Listen rolls,Jim Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice] Gary Listen 25 [dice]1[/dice] Mitchell Listen 25 [dice]2[/dice]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”