Page 1 of 1

IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 9:33:24 AM Mountain Daylight Time - On I-80 East
On the highway-
"I'm not really good at first aid, no," said Wallace to Jim. "I can try, I guess. Usually I just try not to get hurt. That didn't work out so well for me, though."

"We can't go off road in these vehicles," said Bo, "especially not the truck. We can't afford to get bogged down. I wouldn't want to try running anyone over in the cruiser. The truck is better at that, but I think the best bet is not to hit anyone at all if we can help it. We should let the truck pull ahead of us for now and follow in its wake. I see 'em too." Stephanie also saw them, in spite of her tears.

As the vehicles drove further, there were two massive explosions behind them in rapid succession, coming from the direction of the T-Bone. Columns of orange and black flame rose up in the distance that way. The radio crackled to life just as Bo reached for the microphone with the voice of Erica Spears: "What the hell was that?!" she cried. "There was some sort of explosion in the direction I'm heading! I'm still about twelve minutes out from Brownson, so it must be huge if I can see it from here. Just what am I flying into?! Uh, Over."
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) on the highway: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Stephanie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (66% skill) on the highway: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) on the highway: [dice]3[/dice] Both the cruiser and the truck can communicate with [b]Erica Spears[/b] through their radios, as well as with each other. [b]Brigetta[/b], your actions are fine. You're still temporarily insane for the next seven rounds, and your indefinite insanity will only kick in after that ends. I'll let you know what you've got when that happens. :twisted:

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 am
by Silver Priest
Sean nods, the plan sounding reasonable.

The explosions startles him, so much so he almost fires his gun, but he holds his fire for the moment. "Damnit! Those skinheads had a bomb ready to go on the pumps, I bet they fired it off. I knew I should have killed the rest of them! Nothing to do about it now though, we need to reach the helicopter."

Surprisingly, Sean had never seen Predator.

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:01 pm
by aine
"The helicopter! Much better by air; the animals can't get us up there; they're infected you know; disease carriers. Much better in the air; cleaner. Those people may be diseased too; we mustn't stop; must reach Omaha." Dr Haussmann grips the headrest in front of her striving to see ahead and trying to move the cruiser faster by willpower alone.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:30 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim grabs the mike and speaks to Erica.
"This is Jim. We have the fuel and are on our way to Brownstown. The explosion you saw was from the truck stop behind us. A couple truck loads of skinheads attacked and blew up the gas pumps. We had to fight our way out but we are on schedule for our meet. Over."

Then to Wallace. "It looks like the cruiser is pulling over to let us go first. Probably because we can power through any obstacles better than they can."

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
9:33:36 AM
On the highway-
"Roger that," replied Erica. "Just make sure none of them follow you. I'm not exactly heavily armed here. I sure hope you guys are. Over and out."

"Wallace, we got four unknowns on foot coming toward us," said Bo on the radio. "I'm gonna let you pull ahead and take the lead for now. See if you can squeeze between them, and I'll follow. If they turn out to be infected, you may need to run one of them down to get past, but it's a lot easier in the truck than in my cruiser."

Bo pulled into the westbound lane temporarily to let Wallace pass him, dropping behind the truck and following in its wake. Soon enough, the four figures in the road ahead were visible to everyone, their eyes filled with red fury. Wallace expertly threaded the needle between them, but one of the people that he nearly hit stumbled right in front of the patrol car and was clipped by the corner, causing the cruiser to skid. Behind them, the infected people had turned around and were now staggering after them.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 58) for seeing the zombies: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 56) for seeing the zombies: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Drive Truck roll (55% skill) passing the zombies: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (70% skill) passing the zombies: [dice]3[/dice] Damage to cruiser: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Trouble Table roll: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Jim[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, but you have already lost 4 Sanity for seeing zombies, so any loss of more than 4 counts as 4 instead. You cannot go temporarily insane. Everybody else has either already lost the maximum of 8 Sanity for seeing zombies and is used to them or has already rolled above.

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 am
by Silver Priest
"Woah!" Sean says in surprise as the cruiser began to skid.

"Get us out of here! They're coming!" He says to Bo. If possible he leans out the window and takes a shot at the nearest one.
rifle 60%,[dice]0[/dice] hit location [dice]1[/dice] damage [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:17 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity 79 [dice]0[/dice] Sanity Loss 1 Current Sanity 78
Jim stares at the staggering creatures as they drive past. He still can't understand why it's happening but he figures he doesn't need to understand, he just needs to keep doing his job and right now, that's getting the scientists and the fuel to Brownstown.

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
9:34 AM
On the highway-
Sean leaned out the window and fired his rifle at one of the zombies. His shot was very wide, and he would have missed even if the cruiser had not been skidding at the time he took the shot. Bo expertly corrected for the skid and regained control of the car. Then he drove past the truck and took the lead once more. Soon they had left the infected far behind. They were now about a mile east of the T-Bone.
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (70 - 20 = 50% skill) to correct the skid: [dice]0[/dice] Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean curses, but thankfully Bo was a good enough driver to regain control of the car. He reloads, never knowing when that one shot would make a difference.

"It's alright," He tells the scientists. "They're gone now. No way they catch us in this."
Spot Hidden 39%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:02 am
by aine
"Did you see their eyes?! Looks like a brain infection, contagious too. Capacity for motor skills reduced. Do they attack to pass on the infection or are they just hungry. Do they need to eat- dead already. What happens to a hungry zombie does it stop eventually? We must start taking notes!" Dr Haussmann fumbles in her bag for a notebook. She seems oblivious to the careering cruiser.
Spot hidden,25% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:42 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice]
Jim tries to stay vigilant but as they pull away from the zombies on the road, he feels the pain in his ass again.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy
9:35 AM
On the highway-
Bob was the first to come to his senses. He looked at the road ahead and gulped. "There's a turnoff coming up soon," he said. "Looks like that goes to Brownson. Hope so, anyway. There's a pileup on the road we're on some distance past there, and there's a large mob of those...things heading this way from there. I think we can get off the highway before they reach the turnoff, if we're fast enough."

"I see them too!" cried Stephanie, drying her eyes. "What if we don't get past them in time? Maybe we should turn around and take a different route."
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) on the highway: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Stephanie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (66% skill) on the highway: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) on the highway: [dice]3[/dice]
Dr. Brigetta Hausmann,[b]Brigetta[/b] realized that she was humanity's last, best hope. She had to reach Omaha and finish her mission successfully at all costs. While others may die in the effort, she knew that this was outweighed by the greater good. Only she had to survive no matter what, in order to save the human race. Everyone else was expendable.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:18 am
by Silver Priest
"There's no time for that," Sean says vehemently. "And there's no guarantee anywhere else would be any smoother. Bo, go as fast as you feel you can while retaining control. We need to beat them to that turnoff."

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:16 pm
by aine
Keeper,No pressure then! :)
Dr Haussmann suddenly seems more aware of her surroundings and looks up from her hastily scribbled notes,
"Sean's right. We've got to make that turn before they do, even if we have to cut the corner; I have to get to Omaha." She looks out of the window.
"I think I know what's causing this. And I have an idea about a cure too. But I've got to get to that lab."

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:56 am
by Starspawn338
"Thank you for driving the truck. We wouldn't have even had a shot at getting to Brownstown without your help." Jim says to Wallace. "If push comes to shove, do you think a rig like this can push through or over a mob of zombies?"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy
9:36 AM
On the highway-
"This rig's sturdy," said Wallace. "I might be able to run down one or two of them without much problem, but it would be harder to run through a mob. Let's hope it's not necessary."

"This is Erica Spears," came the helicopter pilot's voice on the radio. "I'm ten minutes out of Brownson, but I'm just a little too short on fuel to make it all the way. I can probably make it to about a mile northeast of it. I'll try to set down on the road, but you'll have to meet me halfway."

Bo pressed the pedal to the floor and reached the off-ramp just as the mob did. The badly injured people were still somehow ambulatory, their eyes red and their arms outstretched. Bo clipped another one just as he turned off the highway, further denting the car's hood and causing another skid. Wallace managed to slip between a couple of the infected and made it off the highway.
OOC,[b]Jim[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, but since you've already lost 5 Sanity from seeing zombies, any loss of more than 3 counts as 3 instead. [b]Brigetta[/b] and [b]Sean[/b] are used to them and do not need to roll. [b]Bo[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (70% skill) to reach the turnoff first: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to [b]Bo[/b]'s cruiser from collision: [dice]3[/dice] Trouble table roll: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Drive Truck roll (55% skill) to reach the turnoff first: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Erica Spears[/b]'s Luck roll (70% stat) to see if she has enough fuel: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 am
by Silver Priest
Sean smiled, pleased that Brigetta thought he was right. She was the smartest woman on the planet, and he knew he would do anything for her.

His fantasies were interrupted by the car hitting yet another of the infected and begin to spin out of control once again. "Get us steady!" He yells at Bo.

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:12 pm
by aine
Brigetta hangs on grimly as the cruiser bumps over the verge and past the strange pedestrians.
"Stephanie, if I don't make it for some reason, you've got to get my notebook to the lab. Unfortunately the specifics of the cure are still in my head but I've got the gist down in my notes and written a few ideas for formulae; they may at least point someone in the right direction. Given time." She looks doubtful however.

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity 78 [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss 1 Current Sanity 77
"This is Erica Spears," came the helicopter pilot's voice on the radio. "I'm ten minutes out of Brownson, but I'm just a little too short on fuel to make it all the way. I can probably make it to about a mile northeast of it. I'll try to set down on the road, but you'll have to meet me halfway."
Jim grabs the mike and responds. "Roger that. We're on the road to you now. We've seen some infected on the road so be careful where you land. Over."

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
9:37 AM
On the road-
The patrol car skidded down the off ramp, and it scraped against the guardrail before Bo was able to bring it back under control. However, smoke began to come out of the engine, and the car gradually began to lose speed. "Oh, that's not good," he muttered. He managed to make it as far as a spur that led to Brownson before the car stopped completely. The truck pulled up behind them.

"I'd need to bring your computer too, of course," said Stephanie. "That's where you've done most of your work. I really hope you make it, but I'll carry on your work if the worst happens. None of us knows what we're really capable of doing until the moment comes."

"This is Trooper Bo Richards," said Bo over the radio. "We're on State Spur 517A, right near Brownson, I got some engine trouble after I hit a couple of the infected, and the car conked out. I'm going to see if we can fix it. The truck with the fuel can still make it even if we can't. Over."

"If you can keep going, follow the spur north," replied Erica. "I'll try to land on the spur somewhere between the old SIoux Army Depot and Brownson. If you go about a mile or so, that should be good enough. Over."

"Roger that," said Bo. "My passengers and I can proceed on foot if necessary, but let's hope it's not. Over."

"I'm best at fixing helicopters," said Bob, "but I should be able to manage a car."
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 55) for seeing the zombies: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Sanity loss (maximum of 4): [dice]3[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (70% - 20[skid] = 50% skill) to correct the skid: [dice]1[/dice] Trouble Table roll: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Brigetta[/b]. please roll Luck. Anyone who wants to try to fix the car, please roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill is 20%.

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:06 am
by Silver Priest
Sean growls in frustration at their situation. "You're going to make it, Dr. Haussmann. I'll make sure of that."

He gets out and tries to help Bob fix the car, while trying to keep an eye out for any of the infected.
Mechanical repair 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:06 pm
by aine
Luck,55 [dice]0[/dice]
Brigetta gets out of the car with her laptop and notes, focussed only on her objective.
"The truck is still working; I'll go in that. You can catch up later." She says to everyone.

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:55 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim groans in frustration as the squad car pulls over. "Hold up Wallace. We gotta get the Doc to the chopper too." Jim says and rolls down the window.

"Come Doctor, we got room for one more." He swings open the door and steps out. You should ride in the middle where you're the safest."

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:46 pm
by Silver Priest
At this, Sean's head jolts up and he neglects trying to repair the car.

"I better go with you," He tells Brigetta. "I have to keep you safe."

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
9:38 AM
On the road-
Brigetta got in the truck and slid over to the middle seat after Jim Kerr emerged.

"At least the road ahead looks clear," said Bo, getting out of the cruiser and going over to help work on the engine. Stephanie and Bob joined him. "That mob is still following us, though. At this rate, they'll be on our position in ten minutes or so."

"I got bad news," said Bob, tinkering under the hood. "I don't think this car's going anywhere any time soon, unless Jim has better luck than the rest of us. Otherwise, we haven't got ten minutes."
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) to fix the engine: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Stephanie[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) to fix the engine: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (67% skill) to fix the engine: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:59 am
by Silver Priest
"Hope you know what you're doing Jim," Sean tells his friend. "Otherwise a lot of us will have to walk. At least the fu*kers are slow.

"I better ride with Brigetta. I have to make sure she's safe, or none of this matters and we're all screwed
." He goes to get in and sit beside her, taking Jim's seat. He knows his buddy would understand.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:24 pm
by aine
ooc,What sort of truck is it? Can it take people in the cargo space?
"We've got to go. If you start walking now at least you'll stay ahead of the zombies." Brigetta says to everyone still outside the truck.

"Don't let them get close- there may be a fast one amongst them. The disease may affect different parts of the brain causing different anomalies- just don't expect them all to act the same that's all. Good luck."

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim groans when Sean takes his seat. "Really? You're going to make the guy that's got an ass full of lead walk?"

He limps over to the car to take a look even though he has no more knowledge of car engines than checking dipsticks and filling fluids.
OOC,Mechanical Repair 20 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean frowns and looks at Brigetta. The thought of leaving her filled him with anxiety, but he tells himself it will only be for a few minutes.

"He's right. I'll be right behind you. Keep those monsters off our tails. Stay safe."

Then he gets out. "Alright Jim, take your seat. But keep her safe. If something happens to her, we're all dead."

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It's an eighteen-wheeler. There was a little extra space in the trailer, but that's taken up by the barrels of aviation fuel.

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 am
by Starspawn338
Jim heads back over to the truck after looking over the engine."Doesn't look like any of us are going to get the squad car going. I bet we could all probably ride the rig. We can roll down the windows and have Bo and Bob standing on the steps holding on to the seat belts through the windows and maybe cram a fourth person in the cab if Brigetta sits on Sean's lap." Jim says. "It would only be for a few minutes."

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 am
by Silver Priest
Assuming this plan works, Sean is all for it. He gladly offers Brigetta his lap. He is however a perfect gentleman, and does not take the opportunity to do anything unprofessional.

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:18 pm
by aine
Even though it is wasting time, Brigetta realises that with more people (and guns) aboard they'd have more chance of making it through.
"Come on, grab everything from the cruiser and let's go. Thank you Sean; I'll try not to bounce too much." She sits on his lap and then turns to Wallace and says,
"Drive like your life depends on it - because it does."

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
9:39 AM
On the road-
Jim had no more luck than the others getting the engine to restart.

"We're never going to get everyone in the truck," said Stephanie. "There's seven of us. Maybe you could cram four into the cab, but that's the limit."

"Some of us are big too," said Bo, "and I couldn't use my shotgun if I were hanging on from outside. Look, it's only a mile to where the chopper's going to land. I can do that in my sleep, and we're much faster than that pack. I don't see any of them pulling ahead."

"We'd better get started now, then," said Bob. "We may not get there before the chopper, but you three in the truck can get set up at the landing site and start unloading the fuel to get ready for it. The sooner that's done the better."

"All right," said Wallace, putting the truck into gear once Sean got in the shotgun seat. Brigetta sat in the middle with her laptop. He drove about a mile down the road, past the nearby turnoff to Brownson, while Bo, Stephanie, and Bob jogged along on foot. Jim got a later start, as he had been busy working on the engine, though he was faster than the others and would close some of the distance. Bo and Bob were a little faster than Stephanie and cleared about an eighth of a mile, while Stephanie managed a little less than that, as she wasn't quite as fast and had to carry her laptop.

At the landing site-
Wallace stopped the truck about a mile away on a flat stretch of ground. "Okay, this looks like a good spot," he said.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 am
by Silver Priest
"Right. Let's get to work. Sooner we help get this bird refilled the sooner we can get to Omaha." He smiles reassuringly at Brigetta.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:13 pm
by aine
Brigetta forces a smile. "Just so long as we are airborne before those zombies get here." She has a sudden thought and starts flicking through her notes, looking for something.

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will head to the rig as fast as he can. He scans the sky in the direction that he thinks that the helicopter will be approaching from as he wants to make sure that he's there before Erica arrives.
OOC,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice] Listen 58 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
9:40 AM
On the road-
Jim began to run north, following Bo, Stephanie, and Bob. He could not see the helicopter yet, as it had to be too far away, but he'd be sure to spot it once it got close. The road ahead was thankfully clear, but the mob was about two-thirds of a mile behind the stopped cruiser and getting slowly but inexorably closer.

At the landing site-
Wallace opened up the back of the trailer. He, Brigetta, and Sean were just strong enough to unload the first of the three barrels full of aviation fuel. Brigetta was stronger than she looked. Wallace could not match her strength, especially in his current condition.

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 am
by Silver Priest
Sean grunts as he lifts the barrel, appreciating Dr. Haussmann strength. He hadn't expected her to be both brilliant and have such surprising strength, but she continued to surprise him. And he liked being surprised.

He works as quickly as he can. Hopefully they'd get all the barrels out and set up before their ride came.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:15 pm
by aine
Brigetta is glad of the physical exercise and to be doing something directly related to getting her to Omaha. She grins and seems almost human again.
"That's that one, let's get the next one. Do we need to prep the landing site or something?"

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
9:41 AM
On the road-
Bo and Bob were almost two fifths of the way to the truck, with Stephanie a little over a third of the way there. Jim was catching up and was now just a short distance behind her.

At the landing site-
Wallace helped Brigetta and Sean unload the second of the three barrels. "Yeah, I'll find a flat stretch of road just ahead of the truck and set out road flares," he said, "but let's get the last barrel out first. The chopper won't arrive for about five more minutes anyway, which gives us a little time. The flares will be visible from the air."

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:28 am
by Silver Priest
"You sure that's a good idea?" Sean asked. "I'm concerned flares would attract more of those things, though they're slow enough hopefully we could get in the air before they get here." He moves to bring out the last barrel.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am
by aine
"What does attract them?" Brigette ponders aloud as she grabs the last barrel. "Is it movement? Heat? Alive bodies- or dead ones? How long will it take to fuel the helicopter?"

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:35 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim continues to head toward the truck which he can see just up the road. His mind wanders to what they will do when the helicopter arrives as it probably won't have enough room to take everyone when it leaves.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
9:42 AM
On the road-
Bob and Bo were now a little over halfway to the truck. Stephanie was a few yards behind them, and Jim was now only a few yards behind her. He was right that the helicopter almost certainly wouldn't hold them all. The one they had left at the truck stop only seated the five of them who had arrived in it. The State Police helicopter probably had a similar capacity, and it was coming with a pilot already in it.

At the landing site-
Wallace, Brigetta, and Sean finished unloading the last barrel. "I wouldn't know how long it takes to refuel a chopper," said Wallace. "It only takes a few minutes to refill my truck with diesel, but the chopper would take longer, since the fuel has to be pumped manually. It's up to you about the flares. I guess she can see our truck just fine, and she knows where we're meeting her."

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 am
by Silver Priest
"I think it's safer without the flares," Sean offers. "Though the noise of the helicopter might attract those things anyway. Still, no sense in attracting more attention." He tries to estimate how long it might take to fuel the bird.
Mechanical repair 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:48 am
by Starspawn338
Jim continues to make haste towards the truck. He will glance from side to side occasionally to ensure that it's clear on the sides of the road ahead.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm
by aine
Brigetta rubs a grimy hand over her face leaving an oily streak. "So now we wait. I can't believe we got here before the helicopter. Thanks for helping me, Sean. And you too, Wallace."

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy
9:43 AM
On the road-
Bo and Bob had now made it almost two thirds of the way. Stephanie was about five yards behind them when Jim caught up to her. He could see the truck and its former occupants a few hundred yards ahead, but nothing else yet.

At the landing site-
"No problem," said Wallace. "At least I can do something. It's a shame about Baldwin, though..." He sighed. "All right, no flares." He reached into the cab of the truck and picked up the CB. "Trooper, this is Wallace. We're at the landing site with the fuel unloaded and ready. Just follow the spur to the south and you'll see the truck. Over."

"Roger that," said Erica over the radio. "My ETA's about three minutes. I have just enough fuel to make it to your location, but I'm cutting it real close."

Sean had no idea how long it would take to refuel the helicopter, but he realized that Bob would, being a pilot.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:50 am
by Silver Priest
Sean grins. "My pleasure, Dr. Hausman. It's my job, and I'd do it anyway. I know you can fix this mess for us."

"I can't make heads or tails how long the fueling of our ride will take, but I reckon Bob will know."

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:24 pm
by aine
Brigetta turns to the direction they originally came from and scans the horizon.
"Well, Bob and the others can't be that far away now. I wonder how fast those infected people walk and whether they are still following. Whatever happens we have to get off the ground before they get close; we can't risk being infected."
Spot hidden,20 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:59 am
by Starspawn338
Once Jim catches up with Stephanie, he will slow his pace to match hers as they continue to the truck.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
9:44 AM
At the landing site-
"Does...does that mean I'm infected?" asked Wallace. "What's gonna happen to me, Doc?"
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], please roll Spot Hidden. [b]Brigetta[/b] has already rolled and failed. I'll let you know what you see if you succeed in the next major update.
On the road-
"Good exercise, huh?" said Stephanie, smiling weakly at Jim and grateful that he was running alongside her and not leaving her to bring up the rear by herself. Bo and Bob were now over three quarters of the way to the truck, and Stephanie and Jim were several yards behind them.
Jim Kerr,Glancing back, [b]Jim[/b] could see that the horde was slowly following them, but it had not yet reached the abandoned police cruiser. It was still about a third of a mile short of it.
OOC,[b]Jim[/b] already rolled Spot Hidden a while ago and succeeded, but everyone else here should roll Spot Hidden now.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:00 am
by Silver Priest
Sean looks at Wallace and says nothing, but knows it's not looking good. Dr. Hausman had mentioned something to the effect that he was doomed anyway back at the truck stop, so he assumed it was terminal. It was tragic, but they couldn't risk the mission being jeopardized. Sean was determined to make sure Wallace did not get on the helicopter with them.

He looks around and scans the horizon for threats or anything of interest.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 pm
by Starspawn338
"Good exercise, huh?"
Jim laughs. "Yea, nice weather too. Too bad it's not under different circumstances." He says as they continue jogging to the landing site.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 pm
by aine
Brigetta looks gravely at Wallace and then catches Sean's eye.
"How are you feeling, Wallace? Do you have a headache or blurred vision?"
Medicine,77[dice]0[/dice]Brigetta will look to see if there are any contraindications. However, she will not say anything either way so not to cause possible panic.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:22 am
by Mr. Handy
9:45 AM
At the landing site-
"I feel like hell, doc," said Wallace. "No blurred vision, but yeah, I've got a splitting headache." He looked off to the northeast. "Look, the chopper's almost here!" He dragged himself to his feet and waved in that direction.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) at the landing site: [dice]0[/dice]
Brigetta Hausmann,[b]Brigetta[/b] examined [b]Wallace[/b] more closely, and she could see that his symptoms had gotten progressively worse since she had originally treated his wound. She estimated that he had a few hours to live at most. The tourniquet would help prolong his life, but not by much. One thing her examination indicated was that this did not seem to be an infection. Instead, it felt more like a venomous animal bite...and the venom was lethal.
On the road-
"I see the chopper!" called Bob pointing to the northeast. "It'll get there about the same time we do!" He glanced back. "They're still following us! There are twenty of them, and they're about a quarter mile from where we left the cruiser. I think at their current pace they'll reach the chopper's landing site in fifteen minutes, but I don't see how we can possibly refuel it by then...at least not fully." He and Bo were now just a minute away from the truck.

"I see the chopper too!" said Stephanie. She looked back. "And that horde..." Jim could see both as well. They would be at the truck in about two more minutes.
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) on the road: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Stephanie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (66% skill) on the road: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) on the road: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will keep pace with Stephanie, jogging towards the landing site.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:45 am
by Silver Priest
Sean also waves up at the chopper, hoping to get its attention.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:57 pm
by aine
Over the noise of the helicopter Brigetta turns her back on Wallace as he waves at the helicopter and speaks quietly to Sean.
"He only has a few hours to live; there's nothing I can do for him and he can't come with us." Brigetta looks firmly at Sean leaving the rest unsaid.

"If we can't refuel enough in time can the truck trail the helicopter with the remaining gas?"

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:20 am
by Silver Priest
Sean nods. "I'll take care of it.' He hopes it does not come to that, but he's not about to let the infected trucker compromise their mission or Brigetta's safety.

"As for the truck, I don't see why not, but we could use it as a distraction too. There's too many of us to take the helicopter. One of us could get in the truck and try to attract the attention of any of those things that get to close, and lead them off away from here."

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie catches the breath..and looks around, looks behind. "we need some distraction..to slow that horde down." then continue running towards helicopter, trying to keep pace with Jim.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
9:46 AM
On the road-
Bo and Bob finally reached the landing site, and Stephanie and Jim were close behind them.

At the landing site-
Wallace waved as the helicopter approached, and now everyone could see and hear it. It landed as close as possible to the assembled fuel barrels, and the pilot cut the engine. She was a beautiful woman with auburn hair, wearing a flight jacket over her State Police uniform. She unstrapped herself and threw open the door as the rotors were still slowing down. "Trooper Erica Spears," she said by way of greeting. "My fuel tank's absolutely dry. It's a miracle I was able to make it even this far. Let's refuel my bird fast! I don't like being on the ground in the middle of this mess."

"Trooper Bo Richards," said Bo with a grin. He and Bob helped Wallace carry the first barrel over to the chopper.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Listen roll (49% skill) to overhear [b]Brigetta[/b] and [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Erica[/b]'s Pilot Helicopter roll (77% skill) landing the helicopter: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:42 am
by Silver Priest
"Sean Blank, National Parks service." He gets to work, helping the others with the barrels. Every once in awhile he looks behind him for any signs of the infected. He gives Jim a nod when the man catches up to them, relieved to see he's okay.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:08 pm
by aine
"We are glad you made it here, Trooper Spears, I'm Dr Brigetta Housman. I'm the doctor who needs to get to the lab in Omaha; I've got the relevant data for a cure.

"We passed a large group of infected people on the way here and they are probably heading this way. We must be in the air before they get here.
Now what can we do to get you refuelled as fast as possible?" Brigetta also smiles at Jim.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:16 am
by Starspawn338
As soon as Jim catches up, he immediately gets to work refueling the chopper. His countenance is grim as he knows the infected will get to them before they can refuel. He goes over the options in his mind.

"So let's get the fuel unloaded from the truck. Maybe we can take the truck back towards the infected and draw them away while you finish fueling the chopper. Jim says to the others working.

"Nice to meet you Erica. I'm Jim Kerr. How many people can you take on the chopper? He says a bit louder to Erica.

He's already counting people in his mind while he waits for an answer. Erica, Sean, Brigetta, Bob and maybe Stephanie fly away. That leaves Wallace, Bo and him with the truck. He looks over at Wallace, wondering how good of a driver he is.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 am
by Silver Priest
"Great idea, Jim," Sean says, glad they're on the same page. "Think you can handle it, Wallace? Drive back towards the infected, attract their attention, and lead them away from here. Being in the truck you should be able to outrun them." It also nicely worked out for the rest of them; Wallace would die and turn someplace far enough away to not threaten any of them, they'd free up a seat in the helicopter for someone not infected, and he wouldn't have to kill a man who had been nothing but helpful to them in cold blood.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy
9:47 AM
At the landing site-
When Jim and Stephanie arrived at the helicopter, they saw that the others had already had the foresight to unload the fuel from the truck, which would save time.

"My chopper holds five," said Erica, hooking up the fuel pump to the first barrel and getting it going, "and I'm flying it, so that means I can take four of you to Omaha. I gather you two ladies are the scientists I need to get there, so that leaves two more seats. And before you ask, no, I can't cram any more inside. Five is already pushing it, and any more than that will burn extra fuel we can't spare."

"I should go too," said Bob. "Can't hurt to have a co-pilot, not to mention a skilled mechanic."

"That mob is filling the whole road," said Wallace, "and my truck isn't suited for going off road. That means I'd have to go through them. Maybe I could make it, but maybe not. If not, that means that with the police car dead, anyone who doesn't go in the chopper will die. Including me."
OOC,It will take either a Persuade roll, which has a 15% base skill, or a Fast Talk roll, which has a 5% base skill, to convince [b]Wallace[/b] to try it. Everyone may make only one attempt on one of those two skills.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:48 am
by Silver Priest
"I better go as well. Not to brag, but I killed three skinheads on the way here who were holding up a truck stop. We're going to need someone who can shoot, if the worst happens." He looks with regret at his friend Jim. They were best friends and he loved the guy like a brother. But Dr. Hausman had to come first, for all their sakes.

"Well unfortunately we don't have any other options," he tells Wallace. "I guess you could all head off on foot, but chances are you'd get tired and I'm not sure these things do. And if they reach us, like you said there's a whole horde of them, we'll never be able to hold them off while refueling this bird at the same time. This distraction is the only chance we've got."
persuade 15%,[dice]0[/dice]
But he sees he's not getting through. Hopefully one of the others would.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:47 pm
by aine
Pesuade,20%[dice]0[/dice]
"Wouldn't your truck just mow them down?" Brigetta sees the look on Wallace's face and desists that argument. She looks at the truck.

"What if we refuel as much as we can before they get here and then the truck follows the helicopter and then we refuel again later." She suggests but she hasn't got a clue about the technicalities of fuel and flying.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Fast talk 44 [dice]0[/dice]
"Wallace, I'm not sure what choice we have. Jim says. "But I tell you what, I'll go with you. It beats walking with shrapnel in my ass."

Jim smiles a bit ruefully as he looks over to Sean. "Trading in your wingman for a redhead this time. Not like it hasn't happened before, eh Sean."

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:19 am
by Silver Priest
"I don't think it's ever been a redhead, at least," Sean smiles, but quickly grows serious. "Sorry, Jim, but getting Dr. Hausman to Omaha has to take precedence. Be safe. You better not die out there; Still owe me a beer."

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 am
by Starspawn338
"Sure thing buddy. I'll meet you in Omaha." Jim replies. "Just make sure you and the doctor save the world first."

Jim will keep an eye out on how close the mob is coming.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:42 pm
by aine
Brigetta retrieves her laptop and notes from the truck and puts them in the helicopter. Then she says to everyone,
"You'd better get that fuel in quickly. I'll help where I can."

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:49 pm
by dustakr
Persuade,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
9:48 AM
At the landing site-
Stephanie made an impassioned speech, emphasizing to Wallace that the fate of the entire human race was at stake. Finally, he nodded in acceptance. "All right," he said. "I'll do it. I think I'll just be able to plow through them, as long as they don't clog the wheels and bog the truck down. But I'm good enough I should be able to make it. If I get through them, going by their behavior, they should follow me and leave the chopper alone. That will buy you enough time to fuel the chopper and take off for Omaha. I guess I'll have to head back to the truck stop and hope the place is still there."

"I'll ride shotgun with you," said Bo. "Once we get back there, we can do something about the remaining skinheads and set up defenses against that horde. There will be more people there, which will give us a better chance."

"Thanks, guys," Wallace said to Jim and Bo. "Well, no time like the present. Let's hit the road."

Looking back, Jim could see that the mob was swarming around the police car, completely ignoring it on their way along the road. The car was not itself blocking the road, as Bo had had the foresight to pull over to the side as the engine had been dying.
OOC,You should post what you're saying or doing in addition to making a roll from now on, but that's a good success for [b]Stephanie[/b].

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 am
by Silver Priest
Sean is relieved, and shoots Stephanie an appreciative look. "I can see why you took her under your wing," He tells Brigetta.

Then he heads over to Jim. "Take care of yourself, man." and he gives him a hug. This is not typical behavior for him. But he leans in and tries to whisper to his friend.

"The trucker is infected and is going to be dead within a few hours. Make sure you keep an eye on him." Then he pulls away, covering his words up with a loud laugh as if his friend had just said something amusing, and wonders back to start fueling their ride.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:50 pm
by Starspawn338
JIm nods to Sean as their hug ends. Since the fuel is unloaded from the truck, they might as well try to lead the mob away from the copter sooner rather than later. There's no telling if they will be effective but any diversion will give the others more time to fuel up.

"I hate long goodbyes so let's just get the hell out of here." Jim says to Bo and Wallace. He's too wired to feel any emotions right now as he checks his gun to make sure it's loaded.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:20 pm
by aine
"Good luck Jim. Good luck Bo and, Wallace, mind that headache; let someone else drive if it gets too much."
Dr Haussmann watches the three men for a moment and then turns away with a heavy heart.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie kept silence and joined Dr. Haussmann , she was not sure about her talk with Wallace, how it went. but she knew It's only a matter of time that everyone to realize what we all are up against.
OOC,Is the chopper has any firepower/or firearms to spare? I also apologies if I have made any grammar mistakes while playing Stephanies'.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Spoiler:
Trooper Bo Richards gets out of the patrol car and takes post behind the open car door, now propped against the side fence. He gets the Mossberg laid firmly on the window frame. Awaiting being overrun.

Meanwhile, Larkin pops the hood and gets whistling away, while using his belt to reinforce a busted pipe in the engine block.
Spoiler:
Mech Repair @67%
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler:
A new attempt...

[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:38 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think you missed a few pages. You're well past that point now. You've abandoned the police car, which is now overrun with zombies. You're now at the landing site, and the helicopter has arrived and has just started to be refueled.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:57 pm
by Dave Syrinx
OOC:   Yes! I thought I had reached the end. Well, the end of the page it turned out to be. Sorry!  

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:38 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bo helps Wallace up the driver´s seat and shuts the door. "You´re the helm´s man, Wallace! Bring us back into the fray." Before jumping on the truck, Richards salutes Trooper Spears and Dr Hausman.
"For another tomorrow, ladies!"
He hops in the truck and puts on the safety belt and checks the Mossberg is properly prepared. "Let´s scatter some deadheads, boys!"

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:56 pm
by aine
Dr Haussmann waves but she does not smile.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:01 pm
by Starspawn338
"I don't mean to slow us all down, but I took some shrapnel back at the diner. Do you think you can patch me up before you go Doc?" Jim says to Dr. Haussman. He will lean against the front of the truck so she can get a look at his wound.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
9:49 AM
At the landing site-
"I'll have to drive, headache or no," said Wallace, settling into the driver's seat while Bo got into the shotgun seat. "Driving a rig ain't like driving a car. I'd turn this baby around now, but I can't as long as he's leaning on it."

Erica continued to pump the fuel. The first barrel was now about a third of the way drained into the chopper's fuel tank.

Behind them, the mob had passed the cruiser and continued on its way. It was still over ten minutes from their position at its current pace.
OOC,There were no guns visible inside the helicopter. The only one [b]Stephanie[/b] could see that it had brought was the pistol in [b]Erica[/b]'s holster. [b]Brigetta[/b], if you want to treat [b]Jim[/b]'s injury, you may roll either First Aid or Medicine. If you succeed, please roll 1D3 to see how many HP he recovers.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:24 am
by Silver Priest
Sean tries to help Erica, doing whatever he can to make the process go faster.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 pm
by aine
"I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were injured." Now that she looks more carefully, Dr Haussmanncan see blood on Jim's trousers.
"You'll have to pull your pants down." She says. Bo, pass me the truck's first aid kit!"
medicine,77%[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
"You're lucky, Jim the shrapnel has worked it's way out. I've put some butterfly strips on to hold it together but don't go jumping about or it'll reopen. Here are some painkillers." In a low voice she adds,
Jim,You've got at most about one hour, maybe less, and then [b]Wallace[/b]is going to turn. [b]Bo[/b] and you must be ready to leave him and get well away. I'm not sure what the indicators will be; I'm guessing his speech will terminate shortly before transformation." She sees Jims expression. "He's been bitten, Jim, and there's nothing we can do for him. He will kill you."

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:38 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bo squints at the scene at the front of the truck. "Dropping your fatigues at every opportunity, Jim?" He exits the truck grabbing the emergency bag from the rack behind the seats. He unzips it and asks, "What do you need doc?"

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:49 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bob checks to see if the pump hoses are connected to the fuselage and starts to pump the fuel into the fuel tank of the egg beater. He calculates how many minutes it might take to fill.

Roll:
Spoiler:
Mech Repair @ 67%

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 pm
by Starspawn338
"I'm glad you can all find the humor in my situation." Jim says loudly as he pulls up his pants before turning to Dr. Haussman. "Thank you doctor. For the help and the advice."

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy
9:50 AM
At the landing site-
"Hey, leave that alone!" called Erica when Bob started to tinker with the fuel pump. She had stopped him right before he would have accidentally disconnected the hose and spewed precious fuel everywhere. "Look, I've got this. Just keep me alive until we're ready to take off, and don't mess with the pump again. This bird is my baby, and you don't touch her without my permission." The first barrel was now almost halfway drained.

"All right, hop in, guys," Wallace said to Jim and Bo.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am
by Silver Priest
Sean tries to cover a laugh at Erica chastising Bob. She was a little firecracker, and he had to admire that.

"So, anything the rest of us can do to make this go faster?" he asks her. "I think we're safe for the next few minutes at least, and I hate wasting time we could be using more efficiently."

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will get in the truck.
OOC,If there's a backbench, he'll go there, otherwise, he'll ride in the middle of the front.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 am
by Dave Syrinx
Bo Richards quickly is back in the truck at the window. The window is closed. "We keep them closed until we don´t. Safety first."

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:41 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie tries to strike a conversation with Erica, "..So this fuel will be enough to get us to the lab right? and no more quick stop for refueling after this?"

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pm
by aine
Brigetta waves a hand at the guys in the truck and walks back to the helicopter.
"Can I get in? I've just thought of something and need to add to my notes." She says to Erica.

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bob sits on his fumble thumbs with a sheepish look on his face.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
9:51 AM
At the landing site-
Erica smiled at Brigetta and Stephanie as she pumped the fuel. Half of the first barrel was now empty. "Sure, just slide on into the bench seat in the back, ladies," she said. "Welcome aboard! From what Bob told me, there's enough fuel to get all the way to Omaha, with a tiny bit extra to spare since we're taking off from a few miles east of where he set down. As long as we have time to pump all the fuel aboard before we take off, we won't need to refuel anywhere along the way." She nodded to Sean and Bob. "There's no way to speed this up, you just need to buy me enough time to get all this fuel aboard. You want something to do, keep an eye out for any more of those infected people. You've got a rifle, that's good. Any of them get past the truck, you'll need to take them down before they reach us."

Jim got into the middle seat of the truck's cab while Bo rode shotgun. Then Wallace turned the truck around so that it was now facing back the way it had come. The horde was now three quarters of a mile away. "Buckle up, guys," he said. "We've got enough space before we hit them that I can work up a full head of steam and bull through."

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:33 am
by Silver Priest
Sean helps Brigetta into the helicopter if she lets him. Then he adjusts his rifle and scans the scenery, taking a deep breath as he does so.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:16 am
by Dave Syrinx
Bob gets his Beretta out of his holster and keeps it aimed at the floor. Just to be prepared.

Bo Richards props his left leg against the dashboard and holds the shotgun ready to shoot through the windshield or the passenger window. "Bring it on."

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 pm
by aine
Brigetta smiles her thanks asSean helps her into the helicopter. "Go get 'em." She says, looking at him holding the rifle. Silhouetted against the sun he reminds her of a character from an old western. Then she looks down and opens her laptop to write up some more notes on the infected.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie speaks to Dr. Haussmann,"...looking at things how fast it is getting escalated, I think we should also be prepared with a pistol or something to keep the infected away."

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:25 am
by Starspawn338
Jim buckles up and holds his pistol in his lap with a firm grip but making sure not to have his finger on the trigger yet.

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:35 pm
by aine
Brigetta looks at Stephanie. "You take a pistol if there's a spare one. I'm afraid I've no idea how to shoot one."

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
9:52 AM
At the landing site-
"Sorry, gals," said Erica. "I only have the one pistol. No offense, but I'm probably a better shot than either of you, so it's best if I hold onto it. Any of those crazies get past that truck, I'll protect you."

Wallace shifted the truck into gear and slammed the accelerator to the floor, working the clutch to get into second and then third gear. The truck was going very fast when it collided with the mob some two thirds of a mile from the chopper. It plowed through the people, completely flattening one of them and knocking others over like bowling pins! As the truck sped by, the infected regained their feet, turned around, and staggered after the truck. The ploy had worked!
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Drive Truck roll (55% skill) ramming the horde: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:26 am
by Silver Priest
Sean sighs in relief. "Thank God for Wallace. He may have just saved all our asses." It was bittersweet, given the man was living on borrowed time. But hopefully knowing he had protected them all, especially Brigetta, would provide him with some comfort.

He continues to keep watch.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:38 am
by Starspawn338
It was a bumpy ride but they were through and the infected were following.

"Great job Wallace. Let's head back to the truck stop but slow enough that we keep them following us."

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Yeah, but slow enough so I can pick the m off as we go." Bo waits for the truck to slow down and then shoots with the Mossberg to eliminate the threat to the chopper. He aims at the point man - hoping any miss will hit the stragglers.
Spoiler:
Shotgun @61%

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:55 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bob Larkin is sweating bullets in the helicopter, nonetheless he says, "I´ll protect you all. No problem." To himself he thinks: Who said that?

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:03 am
by Mr. Handy
9:53 AM
On the road-
Wallace only slowed down long enough to safely pass the stalled cruiser. Bo's shotgun blast missed its intended target. If any of the other people in the crowd were hit by the pellets, it did not slow them any further or dissuade them from following. Once they were past the car, Wallace slammed down the accelerator again. The mob was still following in the distance. "No way in hell I'm stopping or even slowing down till we get back to the truck stop," he said. "They're not going to stop following us, but I'm not letting them get close. There'll be more of them coming from Sidney, and we need to get back on the highway and to the truck stop before they close in and trap us. Besides, there are people back there who need our help too." He slowed down again, but only because he was approaching the on-ramp to I-80.
OOC,[b]Bo[/b], please roll Luck, as you have the lowest Luck of those in the truck.
At the landing site-
"Men," muttered Erica under her breath as she continued pumping fuel. The first barrel had now been over two-thirds drained. As Sean watched, the truck vanished in the distance and the horde continued to follow it.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 am
by Silver Priest
Sean continues to keep watch. He wonders if this is the last time he'll ever see Jim, but shakes away the thought. No time to dwell on those sort of hypotheticals now. He had a job to do, and someone here to protect.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"I better hold on here..." Bo thinks to himself while he tries to get an hold of a handle or something as the truck speeds up.

Lady Fortuna check:
Spoiler:
Luck@60%

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:21 pm
by aine
Brigetta watches the vanishing truck with clinical detachment. "It seems they are attracted to noise and or motion. I wonder if one stood very still whether they would pass on by." She hopes she never has to find out and she adds to her notes.

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm
by dustakr
OOC,do [b]Stephanie[/b] still carrying her stuff with her, if yes then she gets back to running over reports and calculations.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 am
by Starspawn338
Jim watches behind as the view of the chopper recedes. He's pleased that they made it through the mob on the road and that they all seem to be following the truck now.
"You're right Wallace. We better get somewhere safe before we get boxed in or the roads become unpassable. He says. "Nice piece of driving back there. I feel a whole lot better seeing how well you handle this rig.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
9:54 AM
On the road-
Wallace drove onto the on-ramp.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b], [b]Bo[/b], and [b]Jim[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Ride Back

At the landing site-
"I wouldn't take a chance on that," said Erica. "Any of them come near, you either hide, fight, or run. Stand still and they'll eat you."

Stephanie powered up her laptop and got back to work.
OOC,Yes, [b]Stephanie[/b] still has all her things, as does [b]Brigetta[/b].

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:22 am
by Silver Priest
Sean continues to keep watch, focused on protecting Brigetta and the others.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:31 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bob gets a 360 glance around the helicopter and it´s surrounding area.

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy
9:55 AM
At the landing site-
The horde to the south was still moving away, and it was now almost at the stalled police car.

Erica continued to pump the fuel. The first barrel was now nearly empty.
OOC,[b]Brigetta[/b] or [b]Sean[/b], whichever of you posts first, please roll Luck, as you both tie for the lowest Luck.

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:50 am
by Silver Priest
Sean readjusts his rifle.

OOC:   Think I'll let you take this one Aine- I think I like your luck better than mine.:P  

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:08 pm
by aine
Luck,55[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   No pressure then :)  

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:40 am
by Mr. Handy
9:56 AM
At the landing site-
So far, the road look clear in all directions. Back the way they had come, the mob filtered around the stopped police car.

"One down, two to go," said Erica as the first barrel finished emptying. She reattached the pump to the second one.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:17 am
by Silver Priest
Sean's happy that the road was still clear, but he maintained vigilance.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:28 pm
by aine
Brigetta shades her eyes against the sun, trying to watch the horde around the stricken patrol car. "I'm assuming they do not have the coordination to drive a car. Does anyone have binoculars I can borrow?"

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
9:57 AM
At the landing site-
"I've got a pair in the compartment up front," said Erica, starting the pump going on the second barrel. "Help yourself."

The horde kept heading away to the highway, and soon it was no longer visible to the naked eye.
OOC,[b]Brigetta[/b], if you want to use the binoculars to look around, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean remains vigilant. Though hopefully by now if any of the infected approached, they'd be gone before they reached them.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 pm
by aine
Brigetta gets the glasses and looks at the disappearing horde. She then scans all the way round the horizon. She's not sure what she's doing but it's what they do in the films.
Spot hidden,25%[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:53 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Bob can´t argue with the fact that he´s feeling a bit out of character as a back-up pilot. "Miss Spears, can I do something to ease the take-off? Any parameters you need checked?"

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy
9:58 AM
At the landing site-
"That's Trooper Spears," said Erica to Bob, still pumping fuel. "I'm reluctant to let you touch my bird after what you almost did to the fuel pump, but it'll speed things up if you can do the pre-flight checks while I'm fueling her."

Brigetta looked around with the binoculars. Through them, she could see the horde retreating past the stopped police car toward the highway, but there was no other movement she could see in any direction.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:26 am
by Silver Priest
Sean continues to keep watch. He felt vulnerable here, and would be glad to be in the air; more importantly, Brigetta could finish her work.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 pm
by aine
Brigetta sighs, "Just haze out there. Anyone else want these?" She holds out the binoculars, if no one takes them she puts them back in the helicopter.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
9:59 AM
At the landing site-
Bob sat in the co-pilot's seat and began the pre-flight checks while Erica kept pumping fuel. The second barrel was now about a third of the way drained.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:10 am
by Silver Priest
"Sure, I'll take a look around," Sean offers, retrieving the binoculars from Brigetta. He looks around with them, briefly putting his gun down.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
10:00 AM
At the landing site-
Sean also took a good look around. Like Brigetta, he saw nothing moving other than the still-retreating horde. While Bob performed the pre-flight checks Erica continued to pump fuel. "Almost halfway done," she said.
OOC,[b]Stephanie[/b], [b]Bob[/b], and [b]Erica[/b] may also roll Spot Hidden, though only one may use the binoculars next turn.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:29 am
by Silver Priest
"Anyone else want these things?" Sean asks. "Nothing seems to be out there, but you never know when that might change."

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:26 pm
by dustakr
OOC,Spot Hidden [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:24 am
by Mr. Handy
10:01 AM
At the landing site-
While Stephanie took the binoculars and got a good look around, Erica kept pumping. The second barrel was now halfway drained.
Stephanie Bridges,[b]Stephanie[/b] saw what appeared to be a housing development about a mile north. To her horror, she saw a pack of ten people leaving it and heading down the road toward their position. One of them was moving much faster and pulled ahead of the crowd, while the others shuffled behind it. She estimated that the fast one would reach them in about five minutes at its current pace, but the others would take more than twice as long.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:17 am
by Silver Priest
Sean picks up his gun and resumes watching.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 am
by dustakr
"Look up north, are we expecting any company, they seems to be in lot of hurry, and running towards the chopper. ten or more people, one of them will reach here in no time" Stephanie almost stands up from her sit and points in direction of crowd.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 am
by Silver Priest
Sean looks towards the people and curses. "We've got company. Any chance we'll be out of here before they arrive?"

He adjusts his rifle and carefully aims it towards the lead runner. Whenever they get in range, he's going to fire.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Sean[/b] (and anyone else who wants to look), please roll Spot Hidden to see what [b]Stephanie[/b] sees. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:40 pm
by aine
"They will overrun the chopper. You must get me airborne before they arrive!" Dr. Haussmann barks. She runs to climb into the helicopter, not waiting to look at the newcomers herself.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:06 pm
by Silver Priest
Try as he might, Sean still can't really see the zombies. He looks north scanning for any sight of them.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
10:02 AM
At the landing site-
Brigetta was already seated inside the helicopter.

Bob and Erica looked off to the north and saw the people coming, both pilots having eagle eyes. They were still too far away to make out details. "Oh, that's all we need," grumbled Erica, still pumping as fast as she could. "One of them's pulling ahead at a run. It's still most of a mile away, but it looks like it'll be here in four minutes. There are nine more some distance behind it, moving slower. I think we have a little over ten minutes before they get here. If they're like those crazy people, that's not good. Even if they're not, they may try to take the chopper. It'll take me a little less than fifteen minutes to finish pumping the fuel."

"Can't you pump faster?" asked Bob.

"I cannae change the laws of physics," Erica said in an imitation of a Scottish accent, then spoke to Sean in her normal voice. "Look, with that rifle you should be able to take them down before they get close enough to be a threat. Otherwise, we'll have to take off without all of the fuel, and that means we won't make Omaha in one hop. We'd have to land somewhere en route to refuel."

Try as he might, Sean couldn't see the people coming from the north. Of course, maybe they'd be easier to see soon, as they were getting closer...
OOC,[b]Bob[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) looking north: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Erica[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (68% skill) looking north: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden again if you want to keep looking.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:15 am
by Silver Priest
"We need all the fuel. Leave it to me, I'll take them down. Once I can find the damn things..."

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 am
by dustakr
"if we clear load on chopper, can it reach Omaha in one stop with Dr. Haussmann alone and you flying the chopper", Stephanie asks Erica, "in how much time it can reach to Omaha then".

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:41 pm
by aine
"That's a good point, Stephanie. That would increase the range wouldn't it Ms Spears?" Brigetta Haussmann says. "Although I'd prefer to have Sean and his rifle along too in case we met trouble in Omaha."

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
10:03 AM
At the landing site-
"A little," said Erica, pumping the fuel. The second barrel was now two-thirds empty. "Not a whole lot, though. If we're only a little short, maybe we'll make it, but it's iffy. Judging by how close they are, I think we'll be more than a little short. I don't want to leave anyone behind. I'm sure we can find fuel somewhere along the way if it's necessary, but it may not be. There's only one fast one, and that rifle should take him out before he gets here. There are more slow ones, but there'll be plenty of time to shoot before they arrive. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel. The fast one's now a little over half a mile away."
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you may make another Spot Hidden roll.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 pm
by aine
"Come on, Sean," Brigetta urges. "Shield your eyes, use the glasses, do something!" She leans out of the helicopter and looks north.
[dice]0[/dice]
But the sun is reflecting off the blades and she sees nothing at all.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:02 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean nods and tries to focus. Brigetta was counting on him!
"There! I see them!" He says,raises his rifle, and fires.
Rifle 60%,[dice]1[/dice] Possible damage [dice]2[/dice] Hit Location [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The first shot misses. At this range there is actually a penalty to your shots. You are effectively at half skill. You may fire an additional four shots if you wish before the next update, but those would also likewise be at half skill. After the next update, the fast one will be close enough that there will be no penalty, so you may prefer to wait.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:03 am
by Silver Priest
Sean sees the runner is too far to reliably hit, and so decides to wait. He calmly takes aim and prepares to fire when the thing gets closer.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:56 pm
by dustakr
"Can I borrow your handgun Spears? while you are busy with refueling." Stephanie asks for Erica's handgun.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:04 AM
At the landing site-
"For you, anything," said Erica with a smile, letting Stephanie borrow her pistol as she pumped the fuel. "And, please, call me Erica. You'll never hit them with a pistol at this range, though. Even I couldn't. Don't fire until you see the reds of their eyes."

Sean's initial shot missed. Had he had a scope or a bipod, it would have been more accurate, though it still may have missed at this range. Rather than waste ammo, he held his fire until the running one got closer, taking the time to adjust his sights and aim better at his target. Now it was only a couple hundred yards from the helicopter, though it would still be about two minutes before it reached them. The nine slower ones were still about three quarters of a mile away.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you have five combat rounds in the next minute, so you may fire up to five shots. You are at full skill with Rifle now against the fast one. Handguns would almost certainly miss at this range (you would be at 1/4 skill even with precision aim, which allows you to fire only one shot per round, or 1/8 skill without it).

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 am
by Silver Priest
Sean takes aim at the running man and fires
Shots 60%,I'll use up to 5 shots, stopping firing if they take him down if I can. [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Are those first two impales, so do they automatically hit the head? I'll just roll damage for them at the moment, and will roll for the others if needed. [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy
At the landing site-
Sean's first shot was wide, but he was able to adjust his aim, and the second hit the man in the leg. That should have downed him, but somehow he kept coming. His third shot was perfectly placed, putting a bullet right between the eyes. That dropped him instantly.
OOC,The first shot was an 89, which misses. The second one was not an impale, just a normal hit. You need 12 or less to impale with 60% skill. The third one is actually a critical hit, so it automatically hits the zombie in the head, and that's more than enough damage for a kill if the second shot doesn't finish it, which it didn't. You've used three bullets. Hit location, shot 2: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:40 am
by Silver Priest
Sean gives a hoot of satisfaction.

"Fast one's down. Looks like we need to aim for the head. Soon as the others come into range I'll deal with them too. Just keep an eye out for anymore of 'em."

He reloads and starts waiting for the others to get close enough to hit.
OOC:   Thanks for the clarification!  

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:41 am
by dustakr
"I am Not really intent to use it any sooner Erica, but in case they reach us and you found yourself busy with refueling task. I'm sure Sean will appreciate little backup."
OOC,[b]Stephanie[/b] scans area for high ground or hill like structure.

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:32 pm
by aine
Brigetta watches the oncoming zombie with a professional detachment. "Now why is this one so fast, much more than the others? And, oh well done, Sean!" she murmurs as he shoots the thing down.

"Their stimulus is centred in the head so a head shot seems the only way to stop them. Which means Sean and Stephanie will have to shoot every one of them in the head before they get here." Brigetta is rather concerned.
"Erica how long does it take to lift off? I'm worried the heat and motion might attract their efforts to move faster. Plus every one of them will require a head shot."

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:05 AM
At the landing site-
Sean reloaded his rifle while he had the chance, removing the magazine with only one bullet left and stowing it with the other partial magazines, then slapping a full one into place. With one round left in the chamber, that gave him six shots before he needed to reload.

"A little over ten minutes until I finish," said Erica. "This second barrel's almost empty. It only takes a minute to take off. Stephanie, be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you. Stay behind Sean and Bob, and if they get too close, we'll get in the chopper and take off. You're too important to put yourself in danger. You could take over the pumping if you like, and I'll help protect us. We just have to make sure that at least one pilot survives to get you and the doctor to Omaha."

Bob stood beside Sean, his pistol drawn, and Stephanie joined them. Stephanie looked around, but like most of Nebraska, this area was completely flat.

The nine figures shambled onward, and they looked like they would arrive in about eight minutes at their current slow pace.
OOC,Shooting at the head will halve your effective skill and limit you to one shot per round for a total of five rounds between major updates, and shooting from long range will divide it further still. Currently you are at extreme range for a rifle shot (which can only be fired once per round anyway), which means you would be at 1/8 skill if you were to fire now, meaning you would only hit on a 7 or less with 60% skill. With a pistol, you'd only hit on a 1 on 1D100.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:02 am
by Silver Priest
Glad to have backup, Sean talks to them, his gaze not leaving the approaching zombies.

"It will be around 8 minutes until they reach us. But I think we should move towards them, slowly of course, and start picking them off as soon as they're in range. That way, if we have bad luck or something goes wrong, we can retreat back here, and it will give us more time to deal with them regardless. Sounds good?"

He begins to inch forward, trying to do his best to make sure that he can move faster than them if it comes to it.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:03 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie hesitates to reply back to Erica as she wanted to help but not meddle in refueling task.
"I think bob you should stay with the chopper, I will join Sean and keep watch if there are more of them hiding around, I can try and pick them."

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:16 pm
by aine
Brigetta looks at her watch and smiles grimly. "Good luck, everyone." She says.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06 AM
At the landing site-
Bob returned to the helicopter and stood outside it, his pistol at the ready, while Sean and Stephanie advanced. Erica finally finished pumping the second barrel and hooked up the pump to the third one.

On the road-
Stephanie and Sean proceeded down the road a couple hundred yards. The small crowd was getting steadily closer, but it was still a long way off from them. Not long enough, though.
OOC,At this range, a rifle shot at a zombie's head will only be at 1/4 skill (1/2 for long range and 1/2 for shooting at the head). A handgun shot would be at 1/32 skill, so it would still only hit on a 1 for [b]Stephanie[/b]. If you wish to fire now, you will have time for five shots before the next major update.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:23 am
by Silver Priest
Sean keeps moving forward, hoping to get close enough to fire at the crowd while also having enough time to flee back to the helicopter before they could reach them.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie scans the area near her and continues to follow Sean.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy
10:07 AM
At the landing site-
Erica started pumping fuel from the third barrel.

On the road-
Stephanie and Sean advanced another two hundred yards. It would take them about two minutes to get back to the helicopter, but now they were a good deal closer.
OOC,You may now each fire up to five shots at the zombies if you wish. [b]Sean[/b], you may fire at 1/2 of your Rifle skill if you aim at their heads, as you are now within normal range for your rifle when using precision aim. [b]Stephanie[/b], you would be firing at 1/16 skill if you were to fire at this range at their heads, so you would only hit on a 3 or less.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:04 am
by Silver Priest
"Now we wait," Sean tells Stephanie, raising his rifle and aiming for the lead one's head. "We let them get close enough that I can get a good shot on, and then slowly start to retreat backwards. It looks like we can outpace them, so this should not be too dangerous, but be on guard. And if something happens-- run. You're more valuable than me."
OOC:   Sean's plan is to basically let them get into close range and open up, then retreating far enough away they can't reach him, and repeating this process until they're all dead. If for whatever reason he can't do this let me know and I'll start taking shots from here.  

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Your chances to hit will not get better until they're in point blank range, and at that point, after you shoot, they will get to attack before you can retreat. Your best bet for your plan to work is to start shooting now.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:15 am
by Silver Priest
Sean reconsiders, doubting he'd be able to fire and escape without at least one of them reaching him. Better to take the shots now rather than risking their lives.

"Change of plans," he states simply, and opens fire.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
Only one of his shots hits, but it brings one of the creatures down.
Mr.Handy,May not be the worst thing I suppose, saves him a few shots. But talk about bad timing! I hope he can still move backwards while fixing the rifle. Is it also possible to take a slightly different route to lead the zombies away from the helicopter? Sorry for all the questions btw.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:24 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Good news, your rifle's Malfunction number is 99, so that 98 is just a misfire. All five of your shots go off, and the fifth one kills one of the zombies, leaving nine. You can't really move backwards while aiming at the head and shooting, but if it ever does jam you can try to clear the jam on the move. You could take a different route to the chopper. It would take you longer to get back, but it would also take the zombies longer.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:39 am
by dustakr
Stephanie takes good look at her surroundings after gunfire, checks for any sudden movements. "that's still nine undead we have to take down." Stephanie does the math. "should we move further ahead, or move back, we will have more chance to shoot at undeads if we get more time." Stephanie asks Sean.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy
10:08 AM
At the landing site-
Erica kept pumping fuel. Bob looked nervously out at where Sean was shooting at the approaching group.

On the road-
Sean's last shot brought down one of the infected, for they clearly were, which left eight. They came inexorably closer, but they were still a couple of minutes away. It seemed highly unlikely he could take down the rest of them before they reached his position, but he could at least reduce their numbers before they were forced to retreat.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you have another five rounds, though you will have to spend one of them reloading, which leaves you four shots. The chance to hit is the same for you. They are closer, so now [b]Stephanie[/b] is at 1/8 skill if she starts shooting. This means she would hit on a 6 or less, and she may fire up to five times. There is no danger of the zombies getting too close yet.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm
by dustakr
OOC,how much ammo does [b]Stephanie[/b] have for the handgun. she would stay put behind [b]Sean[/b] as a backup.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean reloads and lifts his rifle up again.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] Fairly certain one of them crit but I suspect I won't need it.
He has better aim and this time to his satisfaction several of them go down. He grins to himself, actually starting to enjoy this, and tries not to think about what that says about him.

"Stephanie, go back to the others. You can't get a good shot from here, and I've got the matter under control."

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nice shooting! 8-) You need a 6 or less to get an impale, but you're right, you don't need it. The Marlin is an excellent weapon, and that's three kills scored, leaving five zombies. [b]Stephanie[/b]'s pistol has fifteen bullets. It's listed in the Locations and Weapons thread, and I keep it updated as bullets are used.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:07 pm
by dustakr
"Not happening Sean, you need backup here if something goes wrong, if I am going back, be both need to fall back the same time." Stephanie insists on stay and help.
OOC,How far is the runner zombie body from [b]Stephanie [/b]now? Also, she keeps watching for any movement from around their place.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The runner's body is some distance behind you, about eighty yards or so.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:43 pm
by dustakr
"On another thought, sean, I will go back few steps near that zombie runner dead body and wait for you there, do your business here quickly and fall back immediately", Stephanie looks towards zombie body and start moving towards it slowly still keeping watch to her surrounding in between.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
10:09 AM
At the landing site-
Erica had about one third of the last barrel drained. She looked off down the road and was relieved to see that Stephanie had dropped back.

On the road-
Stephanie backtracked to where the running infected person had fallen after Sean had shot him in the head. He had fallen on his back, his empty red eyes staring skyward. The five remaining infected advanced slowly on Sean, and they were now within fifty yards of him.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], the zombies will reach your position in five rounds. You may retreat safely on the fifth round without having to roll anything. If you remain where you are for the fifth round, there is a chance that you won't be able to retreat before the zombies get to attack. You will have to reload at some point, so you may get three shots if you want to be able to retreat safely, or four if you want to take a chance. [b]Stephanie[/b], you're well out of pistol range, and your chances aren't any better of hitting now. If you'd like to examine the dead body, please roll Biology.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:19 am
by Silver Priest
Sean fires a few more shots.
rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
He curses as none hit, and starts to back up. If he has a chance, he'll reload, but he won't risk his safety.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:10 pm
by dustakr
OOC,Biology [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:13 pm
by aine
Brigetta watches with her heart in her mouth, "Be careful, Sean, don't take a deadly risk." The zombies really are getting very close to him but she's glad to see Stephanie drop back. She's tempted to get out to see the prone zombie too but this might jeopardise the mission.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
10:10 AM
At the landing site-
Erica kept pumping the fuel.

On the road-
Sean fired twice, reloaded his empty rifle, and fired one more time before he had to retreat. He was still almost two minutes away from the helicopter, and the five remaining infected were getting uncomfortably close.

Stephanie was about a minute and a half from the helicopter as she finished examining the corpse.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you may fire one shot now and then retreat safely. If you're still where you are in the second round, the zombies will get to attack you. You will have to retreat for the second through fourth rounds to be safe, and you may then fire one more shot. [b]Stephanie[/b], the zombies will reach you on the third round if you stay where you are. You may fire two shots safely and then retreat for two rounds before firing a third time. Your shots will be at 1/2 skill if you aim at the head, as you are now within normal range when using precision aim, which as good a chance as you'll get outside of point blank range.
Stephanie Bridges,The corpse's lividity indicated that the time of death was a couple hours ago, not a few minutes ago when [b]Sean[/b] had shot it. The redness of the eyes was most likely due to burst capillaries. They were another indication that this person had been dead before being shot.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 pm
by Silver Priest
Sean fires, backs off, and then fires again once he's far enough away to be safe.
rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
"Damn it!" He curses as the shots miss. "I may not be able to get them all before they reach the helicopter! Get ready to evacuate. They're slow enough that I should be able to pick them off eventually, but we can't risk having them drawn to any of you."

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:09 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie fires one shot in the air to alert sean, then fires a second shot towards incoming hoard of undead. then retreat back towards chopper but will stop few steps before chopper to check on sean.
OOC,Not sure how accurate [b]Stephanie[/b]'s aim is so will use one shot to alert [b]sean [/b]who is running towards her in same direction as undead zombies. so I need to roll only once, right?

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,If you're firing a shot to alert [b]Sean[/b], you may as well try to hit something with it, or you're just wasting ammo. Even if you do just fire into the air, you still need to roll for both shots in case of a Malfunction. Please go ahead and fire your two shots, at 1/2 skill to aim at a zombie's head. Roll 1D10 damage for each shot that hits, or 2D10 instead if you roll an impale (5 or lower on your roll to hit).

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:32 pm
by dustakr
OOC,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy
10:11 AM
At the landing site-
Erica tapped the barrel to check on its depth and found that it was about halfway drained. "We need five more minutes!" she called.

On the road-
Sean's and Stephanie's shots all missed, and the five figures continued to advance.
OOC,If you go into a full retreat, you can reach the helicopter this turn. You may instead alternate shooting and retreating, in which case each of you gets three shots at half skill.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:25 pm
by dustakr
OOC,I would consider full retreat in this situation, but like to know who gets to retreat first and fire and who gets to fire first and retreat.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:22 am
by Silver Priest
Sean continues to back up, taking shots when it's safe to do so.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] Damage [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice]
To his relief he's a little more accurate, and two more of the infected go down, their heads bursting like ripe melons at the county fair.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,If you do a full retreat, you don't fire at all, but you reach the chopper at the end of this round. By alternating, I meant that you fire in the first, third, and fifth rounds and retreat in the second and fourth, which is what [b]Sean[/b] has done. You would retreat when he does and fire when he does if you decide to do it that way.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm
by dustakr
Stephanie keeps up with Sean.
OOC,Handgun Roll; [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nicely done! That last shot hits. You can go ahead and roll 1D10 for damage, or I'll roll for you if you haven't done it by the time I'm ready to update.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 pm
by aine
"It's going to be so close!"" Murmurs Brigette. "oh well done Sean!" As two zombies go down. She doesn't wait to see the fate of Stephanie's zombie but quickly puts her motes away and gets ready for take off; there's not much else she can do yet.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
10:12 AM
At the landing site-
Erica kept pumping fuel as the few remaining walking corpses got closer. "They'll be here in a minute!" she said. "We'll have to take off if you can't care of them!"

Bob stood beside the open helicopter door, his pistol drawn and aimed at one of the infected, waiting for them to get close enough for him to have a halfway decent chance of hitting.

On the road-
Sean dropped two of the zombies, and Stephanie's shot downed another one. Only two remained, but they were getting uncomfortably close to the helicopter and very close to Stephanie and Sean.
OOC,Damage to zombie from 9mm bullet: [dice]0[/dice] It will take each of you three rounds out of the following five to retreat to the helicopter, which gives each of you one chance to shoot if you want to get into the helicopter in the fifth round. [b]Sean[/b], you may reload your rifle during one of the rounds you're retreating. You have one bullet currently left in the rifle. [b]Bob[/b] will also fire during the second, third, and fourth rounds, when he'll be able to shoot with half skill. If they're not all down by the fifth round, he'll get in the helicopter too. Anyone who isn't in the helicopter by the end of the fifth round will be in danger from any remaining zombies.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:22 am
by Silver Priest
Mr.Handy,If Sean reloads on the first round and does not retreat, can he aim his remaining four shots at the head at point blank range with no penalty? If so I'm thinking I'll just have him do that.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm
by dustakr
Mr. Handy,does [b]Stephanie[/b] gets one more chance to shoot at zombies then? if yes she will immediately take first shot at zombies and retreats back towards chopper during all this chaos.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The zombies aren't just going to stand still and let you shoot at them. They are coming for you. They are currently at point blank range, but if you fire this round instead of retreating and any zombies are still up afterward, they will definitely attack you. You must retreat in the first round in order to be safe. In the second round, they won't be at point blank range any more if you retreat, but they will still be fairly close. If you retreat in the first round and fire in the second, they may get to attack you. If you retreat in the first two rounds and fire in the third, the zombies will not reach you yet. They would then be in point blank range in the fourth round, but again, they would get to attack you if you don't retreat and they're still standing. If you do retreat, you will then be at the helicopter. If you don't get into the helicopter on the fifth round, you may then be attacked by any surviving zombies.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 am
by Silver Priest
Mr.Handy,Sean moves backwards for two rounds and then takes two shots on the 3rd and 4th round.
Sean moves backwards. Once he nears the helicopter he stops and takes a shot. Then as the remaining zombie(s) approach and are almost upon him he takes another, hoping the close distance will enable him to hit.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice]

Rifle 60%,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Ack! Why could they not have been flipped? :(  
His shots miss,and both creatures are upon him. It's all up to Stephanie, Bob, and fickle fate if he gets through this without one of them biting him.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm
by dustakr
Mr.Handy,Change of plan, [b]Stephanie[/b] will retreat first before shooting at zombies one more time. [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
10:12:48 AM
At the landing site-
Stephanie and Sean retreated most of the way back to the helicopter, Sean sensibly reloading on the run. Bob opened fire now that the zombies were close enough, but his shots missed. So did Stephanie's and Sean's when they turned and fired just ten yards from the chopper. It seemed that, paradoxically, the closer they got, the harder it was to hit them. Perhaps it was the fear of them being almost close enough to touch them. When the two remaining infected were within a few yards, Stephanie sprinted the rest of the way to the helicopter, but Sean stood his ground, thinking that he couldn't miss. Yet he did. Then the ghouls were upon him. One of them wrapped its arms around him in a bear hug, tackling him to the ground, as it took a small bite out of his side. The other one would have grabbed him had he still been standing, so instead it settled for gnawing on Sean's right leg. Pain shot through him, and it seemed that fire coursed through his veins. He felt his ribs being crushed by his attacker...

"Stephanie, Bob, get aboard!" cried Erica. "There's nothing we can do for him now, but he's bought us the time we need!"
OOC,[b]Bob[/b]'s Handgun roll (45 / 2 = 22.5% skill), shooting at zombie's head, round 2: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Handgun roll (45 / 2 = 22.5% skill), shooting at zombie's head, round 3: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Handgun roll (45 / 2 = 22.5% skill), shooting at zombie's head, round 4: [dice]2[/dice] Zombie 1's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] Hit location: [dice]7[/dice] Damage from Bite: [dice]8[/dice] Zombie 1's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] Zombie 2's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]5[/dice] Hit location: [dice]9[/dice] Damage from Bite: [dice]10[/dice] Zombie 2's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]6[/dice] Sorry, [b]Sean[/b]. :cry: You do not get to try to Dodge on a round when you've already attacked. [b]Sean[/b], please roll Sanity for being bitten. Sanity loss is 0/1D10, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed or 1D10 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at that, you go temporarily insane. If you don't go temporarily insane, you may act freely in the fifth round, or at least as freely as you can while being grabbed and eaten by zombies. Unfortunately, you cannot bring a long gun to bear when zombies are in your face, though you may use it as a Large Club. The base skill is 25%, with a -5% penalty for targeting a zombie's head in hand to hand. It does 1D8+db damage. Unarmed attacks are possible too, or you may use your knife (again at -5 if you target the head). You cannot flee as long as the zombie is grappling you. If you wish to use your action to try to break the grapple, you may instead make a Resistance Table roll pitting your STR of 15 against a STR of 14, so you would succeed on a 55 or less on 1D100. Succeed or fail, that would be your action for this round other than perhaps speaking. [b]Stephanie[/b], you may fire once if you wish, but if you miss, there is a danger of hitting [b]Sean[/b] by mistake. In that event, he will need to roll Luck.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:32 am
by Silver Priest
Sanity 34%,[dice]0[/dice] Possible loss [dice]1[/dice] Idea 55 [dice]2[/dice]
Terror floods through Sean as he is bitten. He knows it's over for him. But he keeps hold of his mind and focuses on the problem at hand. Dropping his rifle, he goes for his knife and aims it at the head of the one holding him down.
knife 48%,[dice]3[/dice] Of course now I succeed. :x Damage [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
It's a good blow, and goes right through the thing's head.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's good for a kill. That second Bite attack on you was a critical hit, so it does extra damage. I'll roll that now. Extra Bite damage: [dice]0[/dice] Also, I forgot to roll Sanity for [b]Erica[/b] for when she saw the zombies up close, so I'll do that now as well. [b]Erica[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 70) for seeing zombies: [dice]1[/dice] Sanity loss: [dice]2[/dice] Idea roll (65% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:24 pm
by dustakr
Mr. Handy,[b]Stephanie[/b] would so much like to help [b]Sean[/b] now, maybe out of survivor guilt. can she make another attempt at zombies and shoot since they are engaged in fight with [b]Sean[/b] now. Maybe involve [b]DOC[/b] to delay lift off.
"Dr.Hausman We have to get him back on the chopper." Stephanie talks in panting voice.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:40 am
by Mr. Handy
At the landing site-
"Stephanie, no, it's too dangerous!" cried Erica. "Get in, we have to go now!"
Stephanie Bridges,You may fire one shot at the zombie's head now, which will be at half skill, so you'll hit on a 25 or less. However, if you miss, you may hit [b]Sean[/b] by accident. He would need to roll Luck in that case. A critical miss will automatically hit him, unless it's a Malfunction, which would jam the gun instead, or a misfire (1 less than the Malfunction number), which won't hit anything.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:20 pm
by dustakr
"Did not mean to upset you, Erica", Stephanie looks at Erica in compose manner and reaches for the chopper to get in but before that returns Handgun back to Erica while thanking her.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:19 pm
by aine
"We cannot bring him on board. You can try to shoot Sean in the head if you want to help him, to save him from a fate truly worse than death. He has given his life so that we have a hope of saving mankind; we must not squander his sacrifice, Erica, get us out of here!"
Dr Haussmann is white faced but stern as she turns away from the gruesome sight on the ground.
ooc,Nooooooooooooo!

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:13 AM
At the landing site-
"You don't have to tell me twice!" said Erica, who was nearly on the verge of panic. She had already disconnected the fuel pump, gotten into the pilot's seat, and shut the door, while Bob got into the co-pilot's seat. Erica started the engine, and the rotors began to gradually build up speed. She took back the pistol and returned it to her holster. "I'm sorry, Stephanie, I'm not upset with you. I was just worried for you. You're far too important to put yourself at risk, and Sean's already gone. I'm sorry, but he's going to become one of them. Maybe very quickly. I've heard what's been happening on the radio. But you did great out there! You managed to take down one of them."

Ten yards away, Sean rammed the blade of his survival knife through the eye of the zombie that had grabbed him. The tip of the blade poked out through the back of its skull, and its grip slackened. He managed to extract the knife and shove the corpse off of him while the other one tried to wrestle with him.
OOC,Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may act again.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:24 am
by Silver Priest
Hyper focused, Sean tries to gut the other zombie with the knife.
Knife 48%,[dice]0[/dice]
In his excitement he just misses.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
10:13:12 AM
At the landing site-
As soon as the rotors were spinning fast enough, Erica began to lift the helicopter off from the ground.

Sean and the zombie continued their hand-to-hand combat. So far neither was able to score a hit on the other.
OOC,[b]Erica[/b]'s Pilot Helicopter roll (77% skill) for takeoff: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may act again.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:42 am
by Silver Priest
Sean tries again.
Knife 48%,[dice]0[/dice]
And fails, much to his frustration.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy
10:13:24 AM
At the landing site-
The zombie finally managed to grab Sean and pin him to the ground. He could feel his ribs starting to give as its jaws lunged for him.

"I can't look any more," said Erica, focusing her attention on the sky instead as the chopper rose further. "I'm sorry, he's done for..."
OOC,Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may attempt to parry the Bite attack on you with your knife, as it has a crossguard. To do this, please roll against your unmodified Knife skill. You may then act again, though if your parry roll fails, you will get bitten again first.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:18 am
by Silver Priest
In desperation, Sean tries to parry the attack.
knife 53%,[dice]0[/dice]
But he fails, and he screams in pain as he is bitten again. Summoning any strength that is left, he lashes out with the knife.
knife 48%,[dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:46 am
by Mr. Handy
10:13:36 AM
At the landing site-
The zombie bit Sean in the right arm, causing even more agony. Sean managed to stab it in the head in spite of the pain, but his blow was weakened, perhaps due to his arm injury, and it was still moving. It began to crush him, and he could feel a rib crack. He probably couldn't survive much more of this. His one relief was that the helicopter was rising higher and higher, out of harm's way.
OOC,Hit location of Bite attack: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to [b]Sean[/b] from Bite attack: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to [b]Sean[/b] from Grapple attack: [dice]2[/dice]+[dice]3[/dice] Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may act again. This will most likely be your last chance.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
by Silver Priest
Giving a feral cry, Sean puts all his strength into a last blow at this beast's head.
Knife 48%,I seem to recall that damaging the head at all weakens the zombie. If this gives me any sort of bonus I'll happily take it. ;P [dice]0[/dice] Well, guessing I don't need it. :o Not sure if damage bonus stays the same, but I strongly suspect none of this matters. Still, want to see how badly I kill it. ;) [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:03 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The zombie was slowed by that damage to the head, but that didn't matter, as it didn't really need to move any more. That is a critical hit, so it does a total of 4D4+4 damage, as the damage bonus gets doubled too. Go ahead and roll that extra 1D4 if you like. You only needed 1 more damage to the head to finish it off, but there's no kill like overkill.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 am
by Silver Priest
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:13:48 AM
At the landing site-
Gripping the knife in both hands, Sean raised it overhead and drove it downward with all his strength through the zombie's skull, splitting it in half and lodging it in the top of the spinal column, where it got stuck. The corpse finally ceased moving, and Sean lay in a pool of his own blood mingled with that of the dead bodies that now thankfully lay still, miles from anywhere. Far above, the helicopter rose out of danger. He had survived against all odds, but on some level he knew that he would die, and then he would turn into one of the things that had killed him. His rifle lay beside him, tempting him to end it.
OOC,Nice! 8-) That was a total of 14 damage, almost the maximum possible. [b]Sean[/b], if you wish to try to retrieve your knife, please roll against Knife skill to remove it from the zombie.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 pm
by Silver Priest
The danger had passed for now. Sean looks up at the sky, towards the helicopter. He's at least glad Brigetta and the others are safe, even though the thought of leaving her was almost too much to bear. And without telling her how he feels...

He unsteadily gets to his feet and salutes the departing helicopter.

Then he tries to regain his knife.
Knife 53%,[dice]0[/dice]
But it won't come undone, damn it.

He looks at the rifle. He grabs it, puts it to his head.

But then he shakes his head and lowers it. No. There was still work to be done. He'd like to see Jim again, and maybe he had some time. He seemed to recall Brigetta saying Wallace had a few hours before he'd die and turn. If he had something approaching the same, he could still get back to the truck stop and say his goodbyes. And if he happened upon any zombies along the way, he could kill each and every one of them. Every one he killed now made the world a little safer, and he was in a position now where he could afford to take risks others could not.

But first, he sets to work cleaning his wounds and patching himself up. Maybe he could delay his death and buy him a little more time. At this point, he'd take any extra seconds he could get.
ooc,Not sure how many first aid rolls Sean gets it. I think he got 4 separate injuries so does he get 4 rolls? And I assume he can only roll for one per turn?

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 pm
by aine
Ooc,Screenplay writers of Resident Evil movies eat your hearts out!

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Sean[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Long Journey Home
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Bat Out of Hell