IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Post by dustakr »

"Look up north, are we expecting any company, they seems to be in lot of hurry, and running towards the chopper. ten or more people, one of them will reach here in no time" Stephanie almost stands up from her sit and points in direction of crowd.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean looks towards the people and curses. "We've got company. Any chance we'll be out of here before they arrive?"

He adjusts his rifle and carefully aims it towards the lead runner. Whenever they get in range, he's going to fire.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sean[/b] (and anyone else who wants to look), please roll Spot Hidden to see what [b]Stephanie[/b] sees. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"They will overrun the chopper. You must get me airborne before they arrive!" Dr. Haussmann barks. She runs to climb into the helicopter, not waiting to look at the newcomers herself.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot Hidden 39%,[dice]0[/dice]
Try as he might, Sean still can't really see the zombies. He looks north scanning for any sight of them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:02 AM
At the landing site-
Brigetta was already seated inside the helicopter.

Bob and Erica looked off to the north and saw the people coming, both pilots having eagle eyes. They were still too far away to make out details. "Oh, that's all we need," grumbled Erica, still pumping as fast as she could. "One of them's pulling ahead at a run. It's still most of a mile away, but it looks like it'll be here in four minutes. There are nine more some distance behind it, moving slower. I think we have a little over ten minutes before they get here. If they're like those crazy people, that's not good. Even if they're not, they may try to take the chopper. It'll take me a little less than fifteen minutes to finish pumping the fuel."

"Can't you pump faster?" asked Bob.

"I cannae change the laws of physics," Erica said in an imitation of a Scottish accent, then spoke to Sean in her normal voice. "Look, with that rifle you should be able to take them down before they get close enough to be a threat. Otherwise, we'll have to take off without all of the fuel, and that means we won't make Omaha in one hop. We'd have to land somewhere en route to refuel."

Try as he might, Sean couldn't see the people coming from the north. Of course, maybe they'd be easier to see soon, as they were getting closer...
OOC,[b]Bob[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) looking north: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Erica[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (68% skill) looking north: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Sean[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden again if you want to keep looking.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"We need all the fuel. Leave it to me, I'll take them down. Once I can find the damn things..."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"if we clear load on chopper, can it reach Omaha in one stop with Dr. Haussmann alone and you flying the chopper", Stephanie asks Erica, "in how much time it can reach to Omaha then".
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"That's a good point, Stephanie. That would increase the range wouldn't it Ms Spears?" Brigetta Haussmann says. "Although I'd prefer to have Sean and his rifle along too in case we met trouble in Omaha."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:03 AM
At the landing site-
"A little," said Erica, pumping the fuel. The second barrel was now two-thirds empty. "Not a whole lot, though. If we're only a little short, maybe we'll make it, but it's iffy. Judging by how close they are, I think we'll be more than a little short. I don't want to leave anyone behind. I'm sure we can find fuel somewhere along the way if it's necessary, but it may not be. There's only one fast one, and that rifle should take him out before he gets here. There are more slow ones, but there'll be plenty of time to shoot before they arrive. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel. The fast one's now a little over half a mile away."
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you may make another Spot Hidden roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Come on, Sean," Brigetta urges. "Shield your eyes, use the glasses, do something!" She leans out of the helicopter and looks north.
[dice]0[/dice]
But the sun is reflecting off the blades and she sees nothing at all.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean nods and tries to focus. Brigetta was counting on him!
"There! I see them!" He says,raises his rifle, and fires.
Rifle 60%,[dice]1[/dice] Possible damage [dice]2[/dice] Hit Location [dice]3[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The first shot misses. At this range there is actually a penalty to your shots. You are effectively at half skill. You may fire an additional four shots if you wish before the next update, but those would also likewise be at half skill. After the next update, the fast one will be close enough that there will be no penalty, so you may prefer to wait.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean sees the runner is too far to reliably hit, and so decides to wait. He calmly takes aim and prepares to fire when the thing gets closer.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"Can I borrow your handgun Spears? while you are busy with refueling." Stephanie asks for Erica's handgun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:04 AM
At the landing site-
"For you, anything," said Erica with a smile, letting Stephanie borrow her pistol as she pumped the fuel. "And, please, call me Erica. You'll never hit them with a pistol at this range, though. Even I couldn't. Don't fire until you see the reds of their eyes."

Sean's initial shot missed. Had he had a scope or a bipod, it would have been more accurate, though it still may have missed at this range. Rather than waste ammo, he held his fire until the running one got closer, taking the time to adjust his sights and aim better at his target. Now it was only a couple hundred yards from the helicopter, though it would still be about two minutes before it reached them. The nine slower ones were still about three quarters of a mile away.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you have five combat rounds in the next minute, so you may fire up to five shots. You are at full skill with Rifle now against the fast one. Handguns would almost certainly miss at this range (you would be at 1/4 skill even with precision aim, which allows you to fire only one shot per round, or 1/8 skill without it).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean takes aim at the running man and fires
Shots 60%,I'll use up to 5 shots, stopping firing if they take him down if I can. [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Are those first two impales, so do they automatically hit the head? I'll just roll damage for them at the moment, and will roll for the others if needed. [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the landing site-
Sean's first shot was wide, but he was able to adjust his aim, and the second hit the man in the leg. That should have downed him, but somehow he kept coming. His third shot was perfectly placed, putting a bullet right between the eyes. That dropped him instantly.
OOC,The first shot was an 89, which misses. The second one was not an impale, just a normal hit. You need 12 or less to impale with 60% skill. The third one is actually a critical hit, so it automatically hits the zombie in the head, and that's more than enough damage for a kill if the second shot doesn't finish it, which it didn't. You've used three bullets. Hit location, shot 2: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean gives a hoot of satisfaction.

"Fast one's down. Looks like we need to aim for the head. Soon as the others come into range I'll deal with them too. Just keep an eye out for anymore of 'em."

He reloads and starts waiting for the others to get close enough to hit.
OOC:   Thanks for the clarification!  
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"I am Not really intent to use it any sooner Erica, but in case they reach us and you found yourself busy with refueling task. I'm sure Sean will appreciate little backup."
OOC,[b]Stephanie[/b] scans area for high ground or hill like structure.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”