IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Post by aine »

Brigetta watches the oncoming zombie with a professional detachment. "Now why is this one so fast, much more than the others? And, oh well done, Sean!" she murmurs as he shoots the thing down.

"Their stimulus is centred in the head so a head shot seems the only way to stop them. Which means Sean and Stephanie will have to shoot every one of them in the head before they get here." Brigetta is rather concerned.
"Erica how long does it take to lift off? I'm worried the heat and motion might attract their efforts to move faster. Plus every one of them will require a head shot."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:05 AM
At the landing site-
Sean reloaded his rifle while he had the chance, removing the magazine with only one bullet left and stowing it with the other partial magazines, then slapping a full one into place. With one round left in the chamber, that gave him six shots before he needed to reload.

"A little over ten minutes until I finish," said Erica. "This second barrel's almost empty. It only takes a minute to take off. Stephanie, be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you. Stay behind Sean and Bob, and if they get too close, we'll get in the chopper and take off. You're too important to put yourself in danger. You could take over the pumping if you like, and I'll help protect us. We just have to make sure that at least one pilot survives to get you and the doctor to Omaha."

Bob stood beside Sean, his pistol drawn, and Stephanie joined them. Stephanie looked around, but like most of Nebraska, this area was completely flat.

The nine figures shambled onward, and they looked like they would arrive in about eight minutes at their current slow pace.
OOC,Shooting at the head will halve your effective skill and limit you to one shot per round for a total of five rounds between major updates, and shooting from long range will divide it further still. Currently you are at extreme range for a rifle shot (which can only be fired once per round anyway), which means you would be at 1/8 skill if you were to fire now, meaning you would only hit on a 7 or less with 60% skill. With a pistol, you'd only hit on a 1 on 1D100.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Glad to have backup, Sean talks to them, his gaze not leaving the approaching zombies.

"It will be around 8 minutes until they reach us. But I think we should move towards them, slowly of course, and start picking them off as soon as they're in range. That way, if we have bad luck or something goes wrong, we can retreat back here, and it will give us more time to deal with them regardless. Sounds good?"

He begins to inch forward, trying to do his best to make sure that he can move faster than them if it comes to it.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie hesitates to reply back to Erica as she wanted to help but not meddle in refueling task.
"I think bob you should stay with the chopper, I will join Sean and keep watch if there are more of them hiding around, I can try and pick them."
Last edited by dustakr on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Brigetta looks at her watch and smiles grimly. "Good luck, everyone." She says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:06 AM
At the landing site-
Bob returned to the helicopter and stood outside it, his pistol at the ready, while Sean and Stephanie advanced. Erica finally finished pumping the second barrel and hooked up the pump to the third one.

On the road-
Stephanie and Sean proceeded down the road a couple hundred yards. The small crowd was getting steadily closer, but it was still a long way off from them. Not long enough, though.
OOC,At this range, a rifle shot at a zombie's head will only be at 1/4 skill (1/2 for long range and 1/2 for shooting at the head). A handgun shot would be at 1/32 skill, so it would still only hit on a 1 for [b]Stephanie[/b]. If you wish to fire now, you will have time for five shots before the next major update.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean keeps moving forward, hoping to get close enough to fire at the crowd while also having enough time to flee back to the helicopter before they could reach them.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie scans the area near her and continues to follow Sean.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:07 AM
At the landing site-
Erica started pumping fuel from the third barrel.

On the road-
Stephanie and Sean advanced another two hundred yards. It would take them about two minutes to get back to the helicopter, but now they were a good deal closer.
OOC,You may now each fire up to five shots at the zombies if you wish. [b]Sean[/b], you may fire at 1/2 of your Rifle skill if you aim at their heads, as you are now within normal range for your rifle when using precision aim. [b]Stephanie[/b], you would be firing at 1/16 skill if you were to fire at this range at their heads, so you would only hit on a 3 or less.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Now we wait," Sean tells Stephanie, raising his rifle and aiming for the lead one's head. "We let them get close enough that I can get a good shot on, and then slowly start to retreat backwards. It looks like we can outpace them, so this should not be too dangerous, but be on guard. And if something happens-- run. You're more valuable than me."
OOC:   Sean's plan is to basically let them get into close range and open up, then retreating far enough away they can't reach him, and repeating this process until they're all dead. If for whatever reason he can't do this let me know and I'll start taking shots from here.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Your chances to hit will not get better until they're in point blank range, and at that point, after you shoot, they will get to attack before you can retreat. Your best bet for your plan to work is to start shooting now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean reconsiders, doubting he'd be able to fire and escape without at least one of them reaching him. Better to take the shots now rather than risking their lives.

"Change of plans," he states simply, and opens fire.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
Only one of his shots hits, but it brings one of the creatures down.
Mr.Handy,May not be the worst thing I suppose, saves him a few shots. But talk about bad timing! I hope he can still move backwards while fixing the rifle. Is it also possible to take a slightly different route to lead the zombies away from the helicopter? Sorry for all the questions btw.
Last edited by Silver Priest on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Good news, your rifle's Malfunction number is 99, so that 98 is just a misfire. All five of your shots go off, and the fifth one kills one of the zombies, leaving nine. You can't really move backwards while aiming at the head and shooting, but if it ever does jam you can try to clear the jam on the move. You could take a different route to the chopper. It would take you longer to get back, but it would also take the zombies longer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie takes good look at her surroundings after gunfire, checks for any sudden movements. "that's still nine undead we have to take down." Stephanie does the math. "should we move further ahead, or move back, we will have more chance to shoot at undeads if we get more time." Stephanie asks Sean.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:08 AM
At the landing site-
Erica kept pumping fuel. Bob looked nervously out at where Sean was shooting at the approaching group.

On the road-
Sean's last shot brought down one of the infected, for they clearly were, which left eight. They came inexorably closer, but they were still a couple of minutes away. It seemed highly unlikely he could take down the rest of them before they reached his position, but he could at least reduce their numbers before they were forced to retreat.
OOC,[b]Sean[/b], you have another five rounds, though you will have to spend one of them reloading, which leaves you four shots. The chance to hit is the same for you. They are closer, so now [b]Stephanie[/b] is at 1/8 skill if she starts shooting. This means she would hit on a 6 or less, and she may fire up to five times. There is no danger of the zombies getting too close yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,how much ammo does [b]Stephanie[/b] have for the handgun. she would stay put behind [b]Sean[/b] as a backup.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean reloads and lifts his rifle up again.
Rifle 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] Fairly certain one of them crit but I suspect I won't need it.
He has better aim and this time to his satisfaction several of them go down. He grins to himself, actually starting to enjoy this, and tries not to think about what that says about him.

"Stephanie, go back to the others. You can't get a good shot from here, and I've got the matter under control."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nice shooting! 8-) You need a 6 or less to get an impale, but you're right, you don't need it. The Marlin is an excellent weapon, and that's three kills scored, leaving five zombies. [b]Stephanie[/b]'s pistol has fifteen bullets. It's listed in the Locations and Weapons thread, and I keep it updated as bullets are used.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"Not happening Sean, you need backup here if something goes wrong, if I am going back, be both need to fall back the same time." Stephanie insists on stay and help.
OOC,How far is the runner zombie body from [b]Stephanie [/b]now? Also, she keeps watching for any movement from around their place.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The runner's body is some distance behind you, about eighty yards or so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”