IC-Hostages(Sally/Azadeh)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Hostages(Sally/Azadeh)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 9:31:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time - At the T-Bone
In the diner-
The skinhead dragging Sally gestured for the skinhead with the shotgun who was standing at the back door to lead the way out the back. Both of the skinheads with pistols and their hostages ducked out the back, followed by the other shotgun-wielding skinhead.

Behind the diner-
The skinheads and their hostages emerged from the back door, which the last man out closed behind him. "What now, Ghost?" he asked. "We don't have anyone with a rifle, and that guy's too far away."

"Now we get to the vehicles," said the skinhead with Sally. "Stick close together. Hopefully that sniper won't shoot for fear of the ladies getting killed. We have to assume they killed Deadeye and Nitro too, or they'd be doing something. Once we get there, we can get Deadeye's sniper rifle. More importantly, we can get Nitro's detonator and blow this place to hell and gone. We can also bug outta here in the van."

"What about Horst and the others?" asked the skinhead holding Azadeh.

"They can take care of themselves, Hitch, especially once they get the guns. We'll leave the pickup truck for them. When they see the van gone, they'll know to head back to the compound and join us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Hostages(Sally/Azadeh)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:32 AM
Behind the diner-
"Horst, you read me?" asked one of the shotgun-toting skinheads into his walkie-talkie. "It's all gone to s***! There's some sniper killing our guys, and we're bugging out. Meet you back at the compound! Over." There was no response. "Damn, guess they're not working."

"Right, go!" said Ghost. Grabbing Sally by the arm, he took off running toward the van and clearing about a third of the distance. The rest of the skinheads with Azadeh followed a short distance behind.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:32:24 AM
Between the diner and the dirt road-
Ghost hustled Sally along, and soon they were almost to the van. The other three skinheads and Azadeh were more than halfway there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:32:36 AM
Between the motel and the T-Bone-
Ghost dragged Sally around the front of the van, clutching her by the arm. The other three skinheads with Azadeh were not far behind them. Cathy Lathan and her sons were visible entering the motel, and the Foos, Ellen Cody, and Tony Lathan were heading for the front door. Mr. Foo had a bullet wound in his torso, a submachine gun in his hand, and a sword on his belt. He handed a pistol to his wife.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:32:48 AM
Ghost dragged Sally over to the pickup truck and pressed her against it so that she could not flee. He held his pistol on her with one hand while he released her temporarily and retrieved the sniper rifle from the bed of the truck with the other. Across the road, they could see Baldwin crawling toward the priest who was picking up the dead skinheads' weapons - and then the skinheads themselves rose up and surrounded him. The priest fired the M-16 from the hip, putting a couple of bullets into one of them, but it didn't even slow him down. Ghost slung the rifle across his back and whisked Sally back behind the van before they could see the priest's fate. Then the other three skinheads arrived with Azadeh.
OOC,[b]Ghost[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 40) for seeing zombies: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Sally[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 85 +10 = 95) for seeing zombies: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:33 AM
"Let's get out while the gettin's good," said Ghost, opening the driver's side door of the van to reveal Nitro's dead, bullet-riddled body. Unlike the other corpses, this one wasn't moving. Sally looked at the carnage grimly, though it didn't affect her. If anything, she was glad the man was dead. "You're made of tough stuff. I like that." Sally wasn't so sure that Ghost liking her was a good thing. "Spike, you're with us in the front. Everyone else in the back." He grabbed a Desert Eagle from Nitro's belt along with a knife, several magazines, and a few grenades, as well as a backpack that he slipped on his own back. He then pulled the dead man out and dumped him on the ground. "Spike, you drive." Then he snatched up the fallen detonator from the floor next to the driver's seat.

Hitch opened the sliding door on the side of the van, revealing a featureless metal interior with no seats. Azadeh looked at it in terror. "Get in, girl," he said, gripping her arm. Realizing that fighting or running would only get her killed, she clambered inside. Hitch and one of the skinheads with a shotgun climbed in after her.

Gunfire erupted from the direction of the diner.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:33:12 AM
Ghost climbed into the van's cab, dragging Sally after him. Spike got into the driver's seat as more gunfire sounded in the distance. "Go, go, go!" called Ghost.

The other skinhead with the shotgun pulled shut the van's side door, plunging the compartment into darkness.
Azadeh Samimi,"Relax, darlin'," drawled [b]Hitch[/b], still gripping [b]Azadeh[/b] by the arm. "I'm gonna make you a star." Then he clamped a wet cloth over her mouth and nose. [spoiler]Resistance Table roll (Chloroform's POT 15 vs. [b]Azadeh[/b]'s CON 18: 35% chance) [dice]0[/dice][/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:33:24 AM
On the dirt road-
As Spike pulled out and started driving north on the dirt road away from the T-Bone, Ghost flipped open the detonator, exposing a red button. "From hell's heart, I stab at thee," he said.

"NO!" screamed Sally, lunging to grab the detonator. Unfortunately, she was too slow, and Ghost slammed his thumb down on the button. A massive explosion ripped the air behind them, followed by another one as the gas pumps went up in flames!
OOC,[b]Sally[/b]'s Grapple roll (35% skill) trying to grab the detonator: [dice]0[/dice]
Azadeh Samimi,[b]Azadeh[/b] couldn't hear anything going on in the cab of the van from the compartment, though she could hear the muffled explosions. From this she gathered that the compartment she was inside was soundproofed. The fumes of the chloroform on the cloth threatened to overwhelm her, but she was tougher than most people and was able to cling to consciousness. She feigned succumbing to it, however, and after a while [b]Hitch[/b] laid her down on the floor and pulled the cloth away. These guys had picked the wrong woman to abduct. [b]Azadeh[/b] slipped her .22 out of its place of concealment and screwed the suppressor onto the barrel. She could do it with her eyes closed, which they might was well have been, considering that she could see nothing. "There, she's down for the count," he said. "You wanna do her now?" asked the other skinhead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:33:36 AM
On the dirt road-
Ghost glared at Sally and pointed his Desert Eagle at her as the van trundled north away from the T-Bone. "Don't you ever do anything like that again!" he roared.

"I'm sorry," said Sally, shivering and closing her eyes. "I wasn't thinking, I just reacted."

Ghost ran the back of his hand along her cheek. "It's okay," he said in a soothing tone. "Just don't try it again." Sally thought that she preferred it when he was angry.
Azadeh Samimi,"Nah, I'll wait until I can get it on film," said [b]Hitch[/b]. "Well, I'm gonna have a little fun," said the other skinhead. [b]Azadeh[/b] couldn't see him, but she could hear him pull down his zipper. She wasn't going to let him continue another second. Gripping her .22 pistol, which was fully loaded with hollow points, she pointed it with both hands at where she best guessed he was standing and fired. The shot was barely audible thanks to the suppressor. The bullet struck him in the left leg, the muzzle flash briefly lighting up the compartment. He gaped in shock as her next bullet struck him in the face, hard. He barely managed to stay conscious. [b]Hitch[/b] fumbled for his taser and activated it as he jammed her in the chest with it, sending electricity coursing through her and lighting up the interior of the van. [b]Azadeh[/b] went limp, the pistol slipping from her fingers. "Bitch!" he snarled. "Quick, tie her up. Use a ziptie from my belt." The other skinhead, though grievously wounded, managed to comply, tying her arms behind her back. [spoiler][b]Azadeh[/b]'s Handgun roll (75% x 2[point blank] / 2[firing blind] = 75% skill) shooting at skinhead, shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Hit location on skinhead: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to skinhead, .22 long rifle hollow point: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s initiative roll at DEX 14: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Hitch[/b]'s initiative roll at DEX 14: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s Handgun roll (75% x 2[point blank] / 2[firing blind] = 75% skill) shooting at skinhead, shot 2 of 3: [dice]5[/dice] Hit location on skinhead: [dice]6[/dice] Damage to skinhead, .22 long rifle hollow point: [dice]7[/dice] Skinhead's CON x 5 roll (70% stat) to stay conscious: [dice]8[/dice] [b]Hitch[/b]'s Fist/Punch roll (65% skill) attacking [b]Azadeh[/b] with contact taser: [dice]9[/dice] Number of rounds [b]Azadeh[/b] is stunned: [dice]10[/dice][/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:34 AM
On the dirt road-
The van rolled over a bridge across the Lodgepole before reaching an intersection with Route 30. Ghost brushed a wisp of hair away from Sally's eyes. "It's all right, darling," he said. "Everything's going to be fine." Tears leaked out from under her eyelids. She couldn't believe this was happening to her, and her plight seemed hopeless. She didn't even want to think about what might be happening to Azadeh in the back.
Azadeh Samimi,[b]Hitch[/b] took out a cigarette lighter and struck it to provide a little light. [b]Azadeh[/b] could only watch terrified and helpless as [b]Hitch[/b] ran his hands over her body. He found and took her lockpicks and extra magazines as well as her pistol, and now she was truly defenseless. The skinhead she had shot twice had had the temerity to not die, and he stopped the bleeding from the head wound. Somewhere in his skull the .22 bullet was rattling around, but she was sure he had no brain in there for it to damage. With that done, he set to work on his leg, and [b]Hitch[/b] tried to help him. [spoiler]Skinhead's First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating his head injury: [dice]0[/dice] HP recovered from head wound: [dice]1[/dice] Skinhead's First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating his leg injury: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Hitch[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating the skinhead's leg injury: [dice]3[/dice][/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:35 AM
On the dirt road-
Sally cringed as Ghost ran his fingers down her neck. "Please, don't," she said.

"Don't what?" said Ghost. "I haven't done anything."

"Don't...touch...me..."

"What, is that all? Sweetheart, this is nothing compared to what I want to do." He gripped her shoulder. "Now just calm down. There's nothing you can do about your situation, so you might as well just lean back and enjoy the ride."

The van rolled north on the dirt road another mile, taking her farther away from any possible source of help.
Azadeh Samimi,"The towelhead shot me!" growled the wounded skinhead. "What's she doing with a silenced pistol and lockpicks anyway? She must be some kind of terrorist!" "Should have searched her first," said [b]Hitch[/b]. "Don't worry, you'll live, and she'll pay for what she did." "Oh, yeah." The skinhead grinned. "I can't wait to make her pay!" [b]Azadeh[/b] found she was able to move her muscles again, but she lay still so as not to draw attention to this fact. There was little she could do at this point without her weapon. She would have to hope for an opportunity later, but that hope was fading.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:36 AM
On the dirt road-
Ghost ran his hand down Sally's arm and clasped her hand. "What's your name, beautiful?" he asked.

"Sally," she said.

"What brings you out here, Sally?"

"I'm a traveling nurse." Sally reasoned that her best chance was to make him see her as human rather than an object, so that he wouldn't kill her. Of course, there was the distinct possibility that he would do something worse. "I just stopped in for breakfast on my way along I-80. Please let me go."

"Can't do that. A nurse, huh? You could very useful. Doc's gonna love you. Too bad for him I saw you first."

The van trundled onward for another mile. "About halfway back to the compound," said Spike.
Azadeh Samimi,"[b]Doc[/b]'s gonna have to patch you up first," said [b]Hitch[/b], which gave [b]Azadeh[/b] some - but not much - relief. What he said next destroyed it. "I'll get started on her while you're busy, but I'll make sure to keep her alive for you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:37 AM
On the dirt road-
Sally grimaced as Ghost moved his hand to her knee. The van kept rolling down the road.
Azadeh Samimi,[b]Hitch[/b] gave [b]Azadeh[/b] a sickening grin. "You're going to be in a movie, liebchen," he said. She swallowed, imagining what sort of movie he had in mind.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:38 AM
On the dirt road-
The van went over a few rolling hills, and just ahead the road split. It kept going straight ahead, and it also branched off ahead and to the left. By this branch was a sign that said: "Prairie Militia Society Compound. Trespassers Will Be Violated. Stay Out." Straight ahead, a thin trail of smoke could be seen rising in the distance. Ghost ran his hand up Sally's thigh, and she turned her head away from him, seeing the sign. The fact that she going to be a "guest" rather than a trespasser didn't make her feel any safer.

"Almost home," said Spike.
Azadeh Samimi,"I've got an new idea for a movie now," [b]Hitch[/b] continued, spreading his arms. "Guantanamo Bay Babes. You'll play a female terrorist in [i]bondage[/i] there. The interrogation scenes are going to particularly intense." [b]Azadeh[/b] glared at him but said nothing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:39 AM
On the dirt road-
The van turned down the left branch, up a hill. Sally swallowed as Ghost continued to grope her and the compound came into view. It had high white walls with razor wire on top surrounding it, broken only by a gate at the end of the road. A shotgun-toting skinhead guarded the gate from the inside, and another one in a guard tower stood watch with a rifle.
Azadeh Samimi,[b]Azadeh[/b] could feel the van turn slightly to the left and roll uphill. "We're almost home," said [b]Hitch[/b]. "Good," said the wounded skinhead. "I need to see [b]Doc[/b]. That bitch hurt me good."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:40 AM
At the gate-
"What's going on?" asked the gate guard. "Where are Horst and the others?"

"We got ambushed," said Ghost. "There was a sniper with a rifle and someone else with a machine gun. They took out Deadeye, Nitro, Jeff, and Guzzmann. We managed to slip away with a couple of lovely hostages. Horst, Flip, Buzz, and Mutt must still be inside, if they're even alive. They wouldn't respond on the walkie."

"F***. We have to go get them."

"We will, later, if they don't make it out on their own, but we'll need more guys, more weapons, and a plan. We left the pickup and the Blazer for them, so maybe they'll get here first. Get the gate open."

The skinhead slid the gate open and stood aside to allow the van to enter. Spike drove into the compound. Sally gulped in terror, knowing she may never leave this place.
Azadeh Samimi,[b]Azadeh[/b] could feel the van stop, but she couldn't hear what was going on outside. Were they at their destination? It had only taken five or six minutes to get there, so it couldn't be too far from the truck stop. Then the van started moving again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:41 AM
In the compound-
The skinhead at the gate shut and secured it as the van rolled through the compound, parking outside a low building. Scattered throughout the compound were cages, most of which were empty, but some of them contained naked women...and girls, a couple as young as 10 to 12. Ghost took Sally by the arm and got out of the vehicle, as did Spike on the other side. He unlocked the sliding side door and slid it open. "Holy s***!" he cried. "What happened to him?!"

"He got shot," said Hitch, dragging Azadeh outside. Her wrists were ziptied behind her back.

The other skinhead staggered out of the van. He had wounds in his left leg and in his head; the head wound was bandaged. "Bitch shot me!" he grumbled. "She had a silenced pistol on her. And lockpicks."

"You hear that buzzing sound?" the skinhead at the gate called up to the tower.

"What buzzing sound?" asked the one in the tower.
OOC,Rifle skinhead's Spot Hidden roll (50% skill) in the guard tower: [dice]0[/dice] Rifle skinhead's Listen roll (50% skill) in the guard tower: [dice]1[/dice] Shotgun skinhead's Listen roll (36% skill) at the gate: [dice]2[/dice] Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden and Listen. The base skill for both is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:42 AM
In the compound-
"A night in one of these cages will break your spirit," Hitch said to Azadeh with a sickening grin.

A swarm of ten to twelve large insects that superficially resembled mosquitoes swooped down on the skinhead with the rifle before he could fire. They had leathery wings and vicious-looking stingers. He tried to avoid them, but one of them jabbed him in the back with its stinger and he collapsed behind the tower's retaining walls.

"What's happening?" asked the gate guard, unable to see above him.

"We're under attack!" shouted Ghost. "Quick, get the girls inside!"

Spike screamed and fled into the building's front door in terror, Ghost dragged Sally after him, and Hitch pulled Azadeh. The wounded skinhead staggered in last, slamming the door behind him.
OOC,Creature #1's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]0[/dice] Creature #2's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]1[/dice] Creature #3's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]2[/dice] Creature #4's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]3[/dice] Creature #5's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]4[/dice] Creature #6's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]5[/dice] Creature #7's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]6[/dice] Creature #8's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]7[/dice] Creature #9's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]8[/dice] Creature #10's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]9[/dice] Rifle skinhead's Dodge roll (22% base skill) to avoid the sting: [dice]11[/dice] Poison roll (85% chance): [dice]12[/dice] Creature #11's Sting attack (25% chance) on rifle skinhead: [dice]10[/dice] [b]Sally[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 84 + 10 = 94) for seeing the creatures: [dice]13[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 65) for seeing the creatures: [dice]14[/dice] [b]Hitch[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 35) for seeing the creatures: [dice]15[/dice] [b]Hitch[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]19[/dice] [b]Ghost[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 39) for seeing the creatures: [dice]16[/dice] [b]Spike[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 26) for seeing the creatures: [dice]17[/dice] Wounded skinhead's Sanity roll (current level 26) for seeing the creatures: [dice]18[/dice]
In the entry room-
Everyone hustled into a large white-walled room with a desk and chairs. Spike led the way toward a door at the back of the room while the wounded skinhead locked the front door behind them. "We need to get below and warn Doc and the others!" said Ghost.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Spike[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Spike[/b]'s Idea roll (50% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]2[/dice] Wounded skinhead's Sanity loss: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:43 AM
In the entry room-
Spike opened the door at the back and led the group through it.

In the back room-
Everyone entered a small room. Sunlight streamed in through a window in one wall next to a closed door leading outside. This room was used for storage, and there was a trapdoor set into the floor.

Screaming could be heard from outside. Most of it sounded female, but there was also a man's screams.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”