IC-Fallen Star(Jenny/Michael)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Re: IC-Fallen Star(Jenny/Michael)

Post by Leonulf »

"What?" Jenny looks uneasy. "Are you expecting trouble?"

She sighs quickly before speaking again, "You know what im not bad with a rifle, if its aimed at a fox chasing my parent's chickens anyway..."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Really?"Michael looks at Jenny and looks unconvinced. "Well there aren't many chickens out here so let's hope we don't run into any trouble." He sighs, tapping his fingers on the wheel. "I don't suppose the mobile is working out here. I wish I had the sat phone still."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:34 AM
On the road-
Michael drove on for about another mile, and soon he and Jenny could see where one of the meteorites had probably landed. There seemed to a plume of rust-colored smoke rising from a small crater about thirty yards from the side of the road.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny speaks rather excitedly "Look - a crater, that must be it! Lets pull over!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Michael stops the car in the road and gets out. He takes some binoculars out of a case and uses them in a 360 degree sweep of the area around them.
"Okay, let's take a look. Got your camera?" He starts walking towards the crater.
Spot hidden on sweep,65% [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Michael Walters,As [b]Michael[/b] approached the crater, he couldn't help but hear a buzzing sound. As he neared, he noticed that the meteorite seemed almost translucent. He could see inside the meteorite. In fact it didn't even look like the meteorite was made of rock but something organic. And there was something within it. His excellent eyesight let him see what that was. It was actually dozens of somethings, within a cloud of gas that obscured them. They were small, slippery creatures covered with some slimy ooze. They had leathery wings and deadly looking stingers. One look was enough to tell him that these things were not of this world and were extremely dangerous. [spoiler][b]Michael[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 1/1D6, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D6 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny grabs her camera "Off course, no way im missing out on photographs!".

As she walks to catch up to Michael she can tell he staring at something.
Psychology,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,I want to see if I can read the danger signs on Michael's face since hes seeing something weird before just rushing to the crater, which she would likely want to.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Sanity roll,50% [dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
Michael puts out an arm to prevent Jenny from going any further.
"Stop! Now walk backwards very slowly." He orders through gritted teeth and a look of horror on his face. He pulls Jenny back so they are both standing outside of the crater.
He stands there looking at the meteorite and wrestling with a terrible dilemma.
"Jenny, do you love this world?" He finally asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Jenny[/b]'s Psychology roll (45% skill) about [b]Michael[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Even with the failed roll, it's still obvious that [b]Michael[/b] is terrified. You just don't yet understand why.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny is startled by Michael "Michael, your scaring me - what is it, what do you mean, of course I love this world?". She slowly steps back slightly shaken by Michael's reaction.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"There is something very nasty in that meteorite.' Michael says quietly. "And it is alive." He takes a deep breath. "It looks like multiple organisms contained in a gaseous matrix. The organisms look deadly and who knows if they will survive in this atmosphere once their sac breaks."
"I was supposed to collect rock samples but these are organic!" He looks at Jenny. "How many of these meteorites landed last night? There could be hundreds dotted around. If they can't live in our atmosphere then we might be okay. But if they can, then... we can't let them live. Not all of them at any rate."
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny is rubbing her arms anxiously "Alive? Have you got any way of collecting a live sample? You sure we should destroy them though - and if so how? Fire might not work since they came in hot when entering the atmosphere, and if you try and hit them - what if you just break the sacs and release them - or a poison - a virus?". Her speech starts getting a little more rapid.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Michael looks hard at Jenny,
"Are you alright? You feeling okay? You could be right about poison; the creatures had long stingers on them and yes, burning would probably be futile. But I f we let them be and they hatch out of the membrane they are currently in then what's to stop them escaping out across the plain." He flings his arm out to the horizon and stomps back to the car. He opens his boot and searches inside.
OOC,What firearms does Michael have (if any)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:35 AM
Looking through the boot, Michael found a spare tire, a jack, jumper cables, a short length of hose, and a jerry can for gasoline.
OOC,[b]Michael[/b] is armed only with a Glock 17 9mm pistol. It is fully loaded with 17 bullets, and he has two spare magazines. You can see this in the Locations and Weapons thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny shrugs "Alright? Im freaked out, and im disappointed if that makes any sense - I just wanted to see the meteorite, maybe take a sample of it but this - whatever this is? Not what I was expecting. Your right we can't just let them hatch freely, but what if you end up just freeing them."

Jenny starts pacing back and forth "Well I have two ideas... if we put the spare tire on them before the gasoline then when it catches fire it will melt all over them - that might be better than a straight fire, their membrane might be heat resistant but if you hit them as well and break them open maybe it will burn all over them. Or those jumper cables - what if we poured some water from the radiator on them and then tried jolting them - might stun or kill them, and if we do stun them maybe we can collect a sample? I don't know... I don't know what we should do - but w ehave to do something. Gah."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Bizarrely, Michael seems relieved at Jenny's outburst. He nods,
"You're right, we have to try to do something about it now. If my phone was working I'd call the airbase and they'd dispatch someone or something to help.
As it is, we're on our own. I like the idea with the tyre; the jump lead idea would be too up close and personal for my liking.
Here you get ready with the gasoline in case we need to fire them quickly but hopefully I can position the tyre first without bursting the membrane."

Michael takes a glock pistol from his bag and checks it is loaded before sticking it in his waistband. He passes Jenny the tubing, gas and lighter before hefting the tyre.
"Okay, are you ready for this?"
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny laughs nervously " Well ready as ill ever be - I hope to God this works". She takes the items from Michael and starts to proceed with the plan.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Michael checks the keys are in the ignition in case they need a quick getaway and then carries the tyre over to the meteorite. He will attempt to put the tyre down right next to the membrane sack and upwind of it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:36 AM
On the dirt road-
Jenny used the length of hose to fill the interior of the tire with gasoline from the jerry can, where it sloshed around, but the rim kept it contained. Michael was able to carry it toward the crater with the meteorite.
OOC,[b]Michael[/b], please roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%. [b]Jenny[/b], if you wish to accompany him, you will need to roll Sneak as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple