Page 1 of 1

IC-The Hunter Hunted(Luke only)

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 9:22 AM Mountain Daylight Time - On I-80 West
On the highway-
Luke sped away to the west on I-80, getting out of the truck stop before all hell broke loose. His hunter's instincts had served him well. As he drove on for another mile, he just wished he knew where to go.

Re: IC-The Hunter Hunted(Luke only)

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
9:23 AM
On the highway-
Luke sped west, and a mile went by without incident. He didn't see the woman until she was very close. She was running toward him at an alarmingly high speed.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
9:24 AM
On the highway-
Luke was alarmed that the woman didn't seem to be getting out of his way, but was rather coming straight for him. He swerved to avoid her, getting close enough to see her red eyes, just like those crazies on TV. He sped past her, soon leaving her behind, though she continued to chase the truck.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 90) for seeing the zombie: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
9:25 AM
On the highway-
Luke drove on, past the turnoff to Potter. He could see another of the crazies a few hundred yards away. This one was approaching him, but he was moving much more slowly than the woman. He had numerous bites on him, including on his face. He easily maneuvered around the man and kept going.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) on the highway: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 89) for seeing the zombie: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
9:26 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept driving, and he was now about halfway between Potter and Dix.
OOC,Spot Hidden (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:45 am
by Mr. Handy
9:27 AM
On the highway-
Luke was so busy glancing in the rear view mirror that he didn't see the mob in front of him until he was nearly on top of them. There had to be at least twenty of them, staggering toward him, their eyes red and hungry. Reacting quickly, he slammed on the brakes and did a bootlegger reverse, speeding back the way he had come with the crazies in slow but determined pursuit behind him. They dwindled from view. Soon enough he was only a mile or so from Potter.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 88): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (20% base skill) to avoid the mob: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
9:28 AM
On the highway-
Luke once again reached the turnoff south of Potter, but he was unsure which way to go. He knew he didn't want to end up back at the truck stop, though.
OOC,Make Maps roll (40% skill) to figure out where to go: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
9:29 AM
On the back roads-
Reasoning that populated areas were more likely to have mobs of maniacs like the one from which he had just fled, Luke opted to turn right and drove along a smaller, winding road. Before long, he reached an intersection. A paved road went left and right, and there were a couple of other dirt roads branching off ahead.

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
9:30 AM
On the back roads-
Luke checked the fuel gauge and saw that he had a nearly full tank. He didn't know which way to go, let alone where his ultimate destination was, so he turned right arbitrarily. After a short distance, it turned into a dirt road, though a paved one curved off to the left. He turned left, again heading south. A little later than that, the road curved to the right, with a dirt road heading left. He turned right.
OOC,Which way does [b]Luke[/b] turn (1=left, 2=right)? [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) to determine how much fuel he has? [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 am
by Mr. Handy
9:31 AM
On the back roads-
Luke drove around another curve, which headed left, drove across some railroad tracks and past a couple of dirt roads on the right, and soon approached an intersection. A dirt road headed right, and the paved road continued straight ahead and branched off to the left.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) at the railroad tracks: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy
9:32 AM
On the back roads-
Luke thought for a moment and figured out where he was and which way he was heading. He was still going south and was now a few miles south of Potter. He needed a plan, though, He couldn't just keep driving around aimlessly. Eventually he'd run out of gas unless he could find a place to refuel. Cities were probably best avoided due to the rioters, but somewhere that was well-defended with heavily armed people might be a good bet, such as a military base. It struck him that Warren Air Force Base was just west of Cheyenne. That was west of here, so he turned right on the dirt road and soon crossed the Kimball County line.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Make Maps roll (40% skill) to know which way is which: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Know roll (45% stat) to know of military bases: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
9:33 AM
On the back roads-
After another mile, Luke came to a crossroads. The roads in all directions were paved.

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Luke slowly checked over his inventory and smiled...

Shotgun on the passenger side seat. 6 shells locked and loaded. 25 in a belt around his shoulder. Luke fumbled through some pockets in a 4 pocket vest he had just put on for the occasion. 4 shells in three pockets. Pack of camels and a zippo in the top left. Menthols on the inside pocket for the ladies.
Colt .32 in his holster. Ammo locked and loaded. 12 bullets in a belt round his waist.

Remington Sportsman 74 on the dash. Locked and loaded. 2 clips in his vest. 14 in his backback.

Luke took out a short tactical back-pack he had worn last on the hunt for Boar in Argentina. A little getaway from the hustle and bustle of chopping down rhinos and such on the African plains. All on the up and up in Argentina. They got no sense of humor bout that I tell you what….

Luke smiles… and then starts to count the clips for his sportsman in his backpack. 12-13-14.. His fingers come across a few loose shotgun shells before resting on box wrapped in soft velvet. A tear comes to his eye as he remembers his prize. He removes the black velvet shoebox from his back pack and rests it on his lap. His weapons slapped shut with authority , his clips counted with a loud clacking noise… This box he opened ever so gingerly and removed its contents.

A pair of Rita Hayworth pumps. A fortune on the women’s shoe market. He wouldn’t sell them for anything. These pretty puppies were all his.

Luke put them away and then took out his map to inspect his options.

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
On the back roads-
Luke knew that Warren Air Force Base lay dozens of miles to the west, just beyond the city of Cheyenne, which was likely to prove a huge obstacle. The sun was at his back, so he knew he was facing west now. Kimball was somewhere northwest of him, and the truck stop he had left was somewhere to the northeast. His real concern was to decide where he wanted to go.
OOC,Your shotgun is a pump action one that holds 6 shells, not a double-barrel. Your revolver is a .32, not a .25 or a .45. You can see your weapons and ammo in the Locations and Weapons thread.

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 am
by DSIGFUSS
Luke lit up a camel and rolled down his window just a couple inches to let the smoke out. He puffed indignantly as he pondered.

There were alot of people in that diner and he just left em.. Normally he wouldn't give a squirt a piss for the likes of nobody and get on just fine but something was eating at his guts about this one.

Dag Nabbit! grunted Luke and kicked his truck into reverse. Rocks and roadside gravel kicking up dust.

Luke headed back towards the station he had just abandoned. maybe he could pick up some strays that made it out. maybe one of the cute waitresses made it out alive.

ooc,C'mon Handy... I was pretty close. I read it once and posted from memory. you think I made those guns up? Shotgun Check, rifle check, pistol check. Cross dressing executive Big Game Hunter. Check! Check!! Check!!! Did you have something in mind for Luke. I figured I'd head back and join another thread back there. You were kinda hinting about a Military Base Luke might want to investigate and I got no problem changing my post if you had it in mind for me to meet up with someone there. Or just keep on going back the direction I came. I'm easy.

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Heading back to the T-Bone is good with me, and the waitresses are cute. I hadn't been sure what else to do with [b]Luke[/b] when he was an NPC, so I'm glad you made that choice. I'll need to keep this thread in sync with the T-Bone threads, which are progressing slowly now because of...stuff, so it'll be a while before you get there. [i]If[/i] you get there, that is... :twisted:

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am
by Mr. Handy
9:34 AM
On the back roads-
Luke turned his pickup truck around and began to retrace his route back to the truck stop, which was still several miles away. He drove east along the dirt road, again crossing the county line.

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke pulled out some old jerky and began to gnaw nervously on the dried meat. He didn't swallow.

He turned on the radio and began to flip through the stations. Hoping for any news.
ooc,Not exactly certain how long this apocalypse thing has been going on. If the radio stations are still working. If they aren't then Luke will just be checking in hopes they are. More of a busy body action.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 am
by Mr. Handy
9:35 AM
On the back roads-
Luke flipped through the stations as he drove. There weren't many in this area, and most of them were off the air. He did, however, pull in a radio station from Cheyenne that was still broadcasting, but all it had was a recording of emergency instructions on an endless loop, telling people to stay indoors, shelter in place, and await government assistance. He soon arrived at an intersection. The road was paved ahead and to the left. He recalled that the left branch headed back the way he had come, which was to the north.
OOC,The apocalypse just started this morning. The first you learned of it was when you saw what was on the TV back at the T-Bone at the beginning.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:47 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke curses at the radio and opens up the glove box. looking for some CDs.

I gotta have some fuckin' CD's dammit

Luke takes a left back towards the gas station and hits the gas, suddenly nervous about something. Maybe he just had to take a piss, but it was pedal to the metal from here on in.

Finding an old Garth Brooks CD, Luke swore and put it in, singing along like every other good American in the good old US of A.

I got friends in low places where the whiskey drowns
and the beer chases.. my blues away...

I'm OK!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:25 am
by Mr. Handy
9:36 AM
On the back roads-
Luke turned the corner and passed the railroad tracks again. Soon the road curved around to the right. He remembered this part. He was only a few miles southwest of Potter now.

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke couldn't explain it but he found himself a little anxious to get back to the station. He found his boots getting heavier and heavier on the gas pedal.

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy
9:37 AM
On the back roads-
Luke followed the road around the curves and soon reached a T-intersection. The paved road, which led back the way he came, curved around to the right, while a dirt road led left. He was only a couple of miles from Potter now.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
9:38 AM
On the back roads-
Luke turned right and soon reached another intersection. The paved road curved around to the left, while dirt roads went ahead, to the right, and at an angle between them. He was able to see that crazy woman again about a mile away, the way he had originally come to the north, on his left. She was running toward him. The dirt road straight ahead went to the east, so he might be able to get back to the truck stop that way, though he wasn't familiar with the local roads.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the back roads: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke needed to take a closer look.

He drove slowly towards the woman running full tilt ahead. His free hand reached into his backpack and slowly massaged the fabric of the opened toed heel, sending a shiver of delight down his spine.

His hand then moved to the grip of his shotgun and he made sure it was loaded. It was. He already checked it 5 times.

Alright you bitch. Let's take a closer look.

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy
9:38:48 AM
On the back roads-
Luke drove north for nearly a mile, and the crazy woman ran straight toward him. He was now close enough to see the red of her one remaining eye. The socket where the other eye used to be was bloody, and more blood was dripping from her mouth.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b], if you want to keep going this way, whether you want to try to go around her or run her down, you will need to roll Drive Auto. The base skill is 20%. If you wish to turn around and head back toward the intersection, there is no need to roll. You don't need to roll Sanity, as you saw her before on your way here.

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke is determined to figure out just what in the name of fuck is going on here. He continues to drive beside the one eyed crazy woman one hand on the wheel the other on his shotgun.
ooc,drive auto [dice=total]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
9:39 AM
On the back roads-
Luke tried to veer around the woman, who to his surprise ran right out in front of his truck! She went down, badly hurt, doing a little damage to his pickup truck's grill in the process. As Luke reached a curve in the road that bent around to the right, he saw that she actually got right back up and began to run after him at high speed, her arms outstretched. To his alarm, smoke began to come out of the engine block, and the truck started losing speed.
OOC,Damage to zombie: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to pickup truck: [dice]1[/dice] Trouble Table roll: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Luke[/b], please roll Luck. The effects of this roll may become known later, so please continue to act as you wish without waiting to see what happens as a result.

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
9:40 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept driving north, but the pickup kept losing speed. He made it back to the intersection with I-80 when the engine finally conked out and the truck coasted to a stop. Another red-eyed fiend was staggering toward him from the north, coming from Potter, but at least this one was moving more slowly. At its current pace, it would arrive in a minute. It was over a hundred yards away.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) south of Potter: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b], please roll Spot Hidden. Also, please roll Sanity for seeing the new zombie. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, so you lose one Sanity if you succeed or 1D8 if you fail. You've already lost 3 Sanity for seeing zombies, so you can lose at most 5 more. Any loss of more than 5 counts as 5 instead. If you lose 5 Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc,spot hidden check [dice=total]1[/dice] 98 - Fail
ooc,sanity check [dice=total]0[/dice] - pass lose 1 sanity.
ooc,quick sanity question. How many times does a PC have to roll sanity before a monster becomes common to them and no sanity roll is required. Not exactly sure how it works. It well help me role-play as well how Luke would react to zombies. Thinking them as humans until he is used to the idea. Or maybe you never get used to it. Not sure is all.
Luke winces when he runs over the crazy lady and considers driving back over the bitch when she gets back up but decides its best to put some distance between em. Figure shit out so to speak.....

When the truck finally dies, Luke begins to pack up his bag cussing under his breath. Luke is very careful not to leave anything behind. He looks in his rear view mirror to make sure nothing is approaching him from behind and then glances forward to see how much time he has before this new shambling motherfucker gets the drop on him.

Luke then roils down the back driver's side window just a a few inches . Enough to just squeeze a head through if need be.
ooc,Luke would lie to roll down the window enough that if this asshole behaves as mindlessly as the rest, he just might put his head through the crack in the window long enough for Luke to get a good look into his eyes then blow his head off.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy
9:40:48 AM
On the highway-
Luke rolled down the rear window on his side just enough to fit a human head and waited, watching as the red-eyed figure staggered slowly closer. It was a middle-aged man with a gaping chest wound, but that didn't seem to stop him, though maybe it was slowing him down. He would reach the truck soon.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b], please roll Listen. You get used to a specific cause of Sanity loss when you've lost the maximum you can possibly lose from a single exposure. For zombies, this is 8 Sanity. You might possibly have to see eight different zombies or zombie groups before you hit the limit, or you could lose all 8 the first time you see a zombie. Once you've lost 8 Sanity for seeing zombies (and you've lost 4 so far), you cannot lose any more for a while. In this game, it will be until the end of the chapter. If you survive to Chapter 2, you'll once again be susceptible to losing Sanity from zombies, so you'll never completely get used to them.

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:55 pm
by DSIGFUSS
What the mother lovin'.....

Luke called out to the man with the gaping chest wound half in horror and half in jest. '

You need a lift to the hospital buddy?

As the man amoves closer to the window, Luke walks his shotgun at head level along with him.

ooc,[dice=total]0[/dice] - Fail

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy
9:41 AM
On the highway-
Luke was so intent on watching the approaching man that he didn't even notice the woman he had run over earlier until she smashed his window and reached out for him, moaning. She had somehow gotten back up and run after him until she had caught up to the stopped truck. The man was about to reach him too.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b], you may act now before you are attacked. If you fire, you are at point blank range, but you still need to roll in case of a Malfunction, an impale, or a critical hit. There is no time to aim at a specific body part. If you hit, please roll 1D20 for the hit location as well as damage. However, if you do attack, you will not be able to attempt to roll Dodge against any attack on you this round.

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:14 pm
by DSIGFUSS
shot gun to old lady,[dice=total]0[/dice] - HIT!!
Luke quickly turns and fires at the old lady hoping for a face shot.
ooc,( I think that may have been a critical)

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy
9:41:12 AM
On the highway-
Luke blew the crazy lady's head clean off with the shotgun blast. She crumpled to the asphalt. Before he had a chance to pump the next shell into the chamber, the slower zombie stepped on the headless body and reached the shattered window and reached through it, fumbling for Luke. Fortunately, he could not get a grip.
OOC,It sure is a critical hit, and a crit on a zombie is an automatic head hit. Well done! Of course, there's still that other zombie... Damage to female zombie's head from 12-gauge 00 buckshot: [dice]0[/dice] Male zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Luke[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Male zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Luke[/b]: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke is surprised and deeply satisfied at the immediate finality of the shotgun blast to woman's face. He had never killed a person before, but Luke wasn't even sure she was a person anymore.

He pumped his shotgun and let another slug fly hoping to put this poor bastard out of his misery.
ooc,[dice=total]0[/dice]
Shotgun. Hit.

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:14 am
by Mr. Handy
9:41:24 AM
On the highway-
Luke blew the man's head off just as easily as he had done to the woman. The headless corpse fell right on top of her, and he was now alone. However, he was still three miles west of the truck stop, and his pickup truck had engine trouble.
OOC,Hit location: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to zombie from 12-gauge 00 buckshot: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke takes a few minutes if he can and gets out of his truck to inspect the bodies. He takes a long look around for any sign of any more of these things running. He couldn't understand how the old man was still moving. He had a few theories mainly based off some old comic books he had read growing up but this was truly F.O.B.

Luke takes out a knife and cuts away at the man's clothing to get a better look at the extent of injuries prior to his decapitation.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 am
by Mr. Handy
9:43 AM
On the highway-
Luke was no doctor, but he was a hunter. Even so, there was little he could tell by examining the corpse. He had no idea which of the man's injuries had killed him. Blowing his head off with the shotgun would certainly have done it if the man had still been alive at that point. The bullet wound in his chest looked like it should have been fatal too. The bites on his arm didn't look lethal, though they couldn't have helped him. As far as he knew, a dead man couldn't walk anyway, but what he had just witnessed gave him doubts about that.

Luke could see no movement in any direction, but his vision was still a little impaired from the sun glare.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Natural History roll (30% skill) examining the body: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Luke takes a few minutes to clean the inside of his truck. Making sure to pick up as much glass from the blown out window as he could manage.

He then gets back in and puts his seat belt on, starts it up and peels out towards the truck stop. He was surprisingly calm with all this killing going on. Luke smiles and loads two more shells into the shotgun now on his lap. Maybe this was Luke's time to shine.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
9:44 AM
On the highway-
Luke quickly cleaned away the broken glass and got back in the driver's seat. He reloaded the shotgun and tried to restart the truck, but he found to his dismay that the engine still would not turn over. It would need to be repaired first. It was at that point that the red-eyed man whose nose had been bitten off approached from the west, but he was so preoccupied that he didn't notice him until he was right outside the truck.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b], you do not need to roll Sanity this time, as you've already seen and passed this zombie before.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
ooc,when did I see this zombie again? I was scanning back a few posts and reading but didn't see it. And after this zombie here I think it should be a little difficult to sneak up on old Luke at this particular stop. That will be three zombies that got the drop on him at the one stop. I think he's done tying his shoes in the dark by this point.
Luke scoots over to the opposite side of the truck the nose-less man was coming from and fires another shotgun shell at his head.
Shotgun Roll,[dice=total]0[/dice] miss bad.
ooc,are these the sort of zombies from the walking dead that would have difficulty with a closed door or are they fast and nimble... able to climb through the opening with little difficulty?

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy
9:44:12 AM
On the highway-
The red-eyed man with no nose didn't even flinch at the blast, instead crawling through the shattered driver's side window and over the just vacated seat, grasping for Luke!
OOC,It was more than a few posts ago. [b]Luke[/b] saw this zombie before you took him over, as he was driving west on I-80, and then passed him again as he turned around. The zombie moves slowly, but I've been tracking its movement and knew when it would reach your location. You missed spotting all three zombies at the same time, when you rolled Spot Hidden earlier. You critically failed that roll, so you didn't see any of the zombies until they got very close. The zombies are mindless, and while one of the ones you saw was fast, this particular one is slow. You haven't seen one of them try to get through a door yet, but so far they seem to have all tried to get through the window. That Shotgun roll would have hit had you not been aiming at the head, as you're at point blank range and your skill is doubled, but your skill is halved when aiming at the head, which cancels out the bonus. You may act before the zombie does this round, but if you choose to shoot, there is no time to aim at the head this time. If you choose to try to flee out the passenger side door, please roll DEX x 5 to see if you manage to get out before the zombie attacks.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
9:54 AM
On the highway-
The red-eyed man was just too close for comfort, and Luke scrambled out of the passenger side of the truck in order to get some space between them before firing again. A shotgun was good up close, but not too close. Unfortunately, the man almost managed to chomp down on Luke's back before he could get outside, but adrenaline got him out of the way. Before the man could attack him again, Luke blew his brains out with the shotgun. He took a look at the engine, and he knew that he wasn't going to be able to start it up again. "Looks like I'm hoofin' it," he muttered. He began the long run back to the east, reloading his shotgun. It was only a few miles away, but it felt like forever. He ran for over a mile, fighting off exhaustion.
OOC,I'm going to have to take over [b]Luke[/b] as an NPC for now and catch him up to the other threads. [b]Luke[/b]'s DEX x 5 roll (70% stat) fleeing from the zombie: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Luke[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Dodge roll (60% skill) to avoid the Bite attack: [dice]9[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Luke[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Shotgun roll (50% x 2[point blank] / 2[called shot to head] = 50% skill) shooting at zombie's head, point blank: [dice]6[/dice] Damage to zombie's head: [dice]7[/dice] Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) trying to fix the engine: [dice]8[/dice]

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
9:55 AM
On the highway-
Luke ran onward, having now cleared about a mile and a third.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:10 am
by Mr. Handy
9:56 AM
On the highway-
Luke continued running, and he had now cleared nearly half the distance to the truck stop, but he was starting to get tired and had to slow down to a walk.
OOC,CON x 5 roll (60% stat) for running a long distance: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
9:57 AM
On the highway-
Luke continued his long walk.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy
9:58 AM
On the highway-
Luke trudged onward.

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
9:59 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept going. He was now about a mile and a quarter from the truck stop.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
10:00 AM
On the highway-
Luke continued, checking his watch. At this pace, he'd reach the T-Bone in less than fifteen minutes. But would there be anyone left alive when he got there?

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy
10:01 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept walking. He had no choice. He couldn't afford to let any more of those things catch up to him.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
10:02 AM
On the highway-
Luke was now just a mile from the truck stop.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
10:03 AM-
On the highway-
Luke kept going, relieved that he wasn't far now.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:04 AM
On the highway-
Luke continued, checking his watch. By his estimate, he would be there in about ten minutes.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:05 AM
On the highway-
Luke walked on, now just three quarters of a mile away.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06 AM
On the highway-
Luke was now two thirds of a mile from his destination. He glanced back, but he saw no sign of pursuit.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
10:07 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept trudging.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:05 am
by Mr. Handy
10:08 AM
On the highway-
Luke continued, now only half a mile from the truck stop.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:31 am
by Mr. Handy
10:09 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept going, hoping he wouldn't be too late to help any survivors.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
10:10 AM
On the highway-
Luke was now a third of a mile from the truck stop.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
10:11 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept going, and he was now only a quarter of a mile from the truck stop. He could see an orange-red glow coming from that direction, but he couldn't tell what it was.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy
10:12 AM
On the highway-
Luke was now only a couple of minutes from the truck stop, but he couldn't make out the details yet.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:13 AM
On the highway-
Luke was getting very close now, close enough to see that the glow was caused by two columns of flame and smoke rising into the sky from the truck stop. "The pumps!" he cried. "They must have blown them up!" He has to wonder if anyone is still alive there.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Luke[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Hold Down the Fort