IC-The Hunter Hunted(Luke only)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-The Hunter Hunted(Luke only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 9:22 AM Mountain Daylight Time - On I-80 West
On the highway-
Luke sped away to the west on I-80, getting out of the truck stop before all hell broke loose. His hunter's instincts had served him well. As he drove on for another mile, he just wished he knew where to go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-The Hunter Hunted(Luke only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:23 AM
On the highway-
Luke sped west, and a mile went by without incident. He didn't see the woman until she was very close. She was running toward him at an alarmingly high speed.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:24 AM
On the highway-
Luke was alarmed that the woman didn't seem to be getting out of his way, but was rather coming straight for him. He swerved to avoid her, getting close enough to see her red eyes, just like those crazies on TV. He sped past her, soon leaving her behind, though she continued to chase the truck.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 90) for seeing the zombie: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:25 AM
On the highway-
Luke drove on, past the turnoff to Potter. He could see another of the crazies a few hundred yards away. This one was approaching him, but he was moving much more slowly than the woman. He had numerous bites on him, including on his face. He easily maneuvered around the man and kept going.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) on the highway: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 89) for seeing the zombie: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:26 AM
On the highway-
Luke kept driving, and he was now about halfway between Potter and Dix.
OOC,Spot Hidden (55% skill) on the highway: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:27 AM
On the highway-
Luke was so busy glancing in the rear view mirror that he didn't see the mob in front of him until he was nearly on top of them. There had to be at least twenty of them, staggering toward him, their eyes red and hungry. Reacting quickly, he slammed on the brakes and did a bootlegger reverse, speeding back the way he had come with the crazies in slow but determined pursuit behind him. They dwindled from view. Soon enough he was only a mile or so from Potter.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 88): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (20% base skill) to avoid the mob: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:28 AM
On the highway-
Luke once again reached the turnoff south of Potter, but he was unsure which way to go. He knew he didn't want to end up back at the truck stop, though.
OOC,Make Maps roll (40% skill) to figure out where to go: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:29 AM
On the back roads-
Reasoning that populated areas were more likely to have mobs of maniacs like the one from which he had just fled, Luke opted to turn right and drove along a smaller, winding road. Before long, he reached an intersection. A paved road went left and right, and there were a couple of other dirt roads branching off ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:30 AM
On the back roads-
Luke checked the fuel gauge and saw that he had a nearly full tank. He didn't know which way to go, let alone where his ultimate destination was, so he turned right arbitrarily. After a short distance, it turned into a dirt road, though a paved one curved off to the left. He turned left, again heading south. A little later than that, the road curved to the right, with a dirt road heading left. He turned right.
OOC,Which way does [b]Luke[/b] turn (1=left, 2=right)? [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) to determine how much fuel he has? [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:31 AM
On the back roads-
Luke drove around another curve, which headed left, drove across some railroad tracks and past a couple of dirt roads on the right, and soon approached an intersection. A dirt road headed right, and the paved road continued straight ahead and branched off to the left.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Luck roll (90% stat) at the railroad tracks: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:32 AM
On the back roads-
Luke thought for a moment and figured out where he was and which way he was heading. He was still going south and was now a few miles south of Potter. He needed a plan, though, He couldn't just keep driving around aimlessly. Eventually he'd run out of gas unless he could find a place to refuel. Cities were probably best avoided due to the rioters, but somewhere that was well-defended with heavily armed people might be a good bet, such as a military base. It struck him that Warren Air Force Base was just west of Cheyenne. That was west of here, so he turned right on the dirt road and soon crossed the Kimball County line.
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Make Maps roll (40% skill) to know which way is which: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Know roll (45% stat) to know of military bases: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:33 AM
On the back roads-
After another mile, Luke came to a crossroads. The roads in all directions were paved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Luke slowly checked over his inventory and smiled...

Shotgun on the passenger side seat. 6 shells locked and loaded. 25 in a belt around his shoulder. Luke fumbled through some pockets in a 4 pocket vest he had just put on for the occasion. 4 shells in three pockets. Pack of camels and a zippo in the top left. Menthols on the inside pocket for the ladies.
Colt .32 in his holster. Ammo locked and loaded. 12 bullets in a belt round his waist.

Remington Sportsman 74 on the dash. Locked and loaded. 2 clips in his vest. 14 in his backback.

Luke took out a short tactical back-pack he had worn last on the hunt for Boar in Argentina. A little getaway from the hustle and bustle of chopping down rhinos and such on the African plains. All on the up and up in Argentina. They got no sense of humor bout that I tell you what….

Luke smiles… and then starts to count the clips for his sportsman in his backpack. 12-13-14.. His fingers come across a few loose shotgun shells before resting on box wrapped in soft velvet. A tear comes to his eye as he remembers his prize. He removes the black velvet shoebox from his back pack and rests it on his lap. His weapons slapped shut with authority , his clips counted with a loud clacking noise… This box he opened ever so gingerly and removed its contents.

A pair of Rita Hayworth pumps. A fortune on the women’s shoe market. He wouldn’t sell them for anything. These pretty puppies were all his.

Luke put them away and then took out his map to inspect his options.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the back roads-
Luke knew that Warren Air Force Base lay dozens of miles to the west, just beyond the city of Cheyenne, which was likely to prove a huge obstacle. The sun was at his back, so he knew he was facing west now. Kimball was somewhere northwest of him, and the truck stop he had left was somewhere to the northeast. His real concern was to decide where he wanted to go.
OOC,Your shotgun is a pump action one that holds 6 shells, not a double-barrel. Your revolver is a .32, not a .25 or a .45. You can see your weapons and ammo in the Locations and Weapons thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Luke lit up a camel and rolled down his window just a couple inches to let the smoke out. He puffed indignantly as he pondered.

There were alot of people in that diner and he just left em.. Normally he wouldn't give a squirt a piss for the likes of nobody and get on just fine but something was eating at his guts about this one.

Dag Nabbit! grunted Luke and kicked his truck into reverse. Rocks and roadside gravel kicking up dust.

Luke headed back towards the station he had just abandoned. maybe he could pick up some strays that made it out. maybe one of the cute waitresses made it out alive.

ooc,C'mon Handy... I was pretty close. I read it once and posted from memory. you think I made those guns up? Shotgun Check, rifle check, pistol check. Cross dressing executive Big Game Hunter. Check! Check!! Check!!! Did you have something in mind for Luke. I figured I'd head back and join another thread back there. You were kinda hinting about a Military Base Luke might want to investigate and I got no problem changing my post if you had it in mind for me to meet up with someone there. Or just keep on going back the direction I came. I'm easy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Heading back to the T-Bone is good with me, and the waitresses are cute. I hadn't been sure what else to do with [b]Luke[/b] when he was an NPC, so I'm glad you made that choice. I'll need to keep this thread in sync with the T-Bone threads, which are progressing slowly now because of...stuff, so it'll be a while before you get there. [i]If[/i] you get there, that is... :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:34 AM
On the back roads-
Luke turned his pickup truck around and began to retrace his route back to the truck stop, which was still several miles away. He drove east along the dirt road, again crossing the county line.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Luke pulled out some old jerky and began to gnaw nervously on the dried meat. He didn't swallow.

He turned on the radio and began to flip through the stations. Hoping for any news.
ooc,Not exactly certain how long this apocalypse thing has been going on. If the radio stations are still working. If they aren't then Luke will just be checking in hopes they are. More of a busy body action.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:35 AM
On the back roads-
Luke flipped through the stations as he drove. There weren't many in this area, and most of them were off the air. He did, however, pull in a radio station from Cheyenne that was still broadcasting, but all it had was a recording of emergency instructions on an endless loop, telling people to stay indoors, shelter in place, and await government assistance. He soon arrived at an intersection. The road was paved ahead and to the left. He recalled that the left branch headed back the way he had come, which was to the north.
OOC,The apocalypse just started this morning. The first you learned of it was when you saw what was on the TV back at the T-Bone at the beginning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Luke curses at the radio and opens up the glove box. looking for some CDs.

I gotta have some fuckin' CD's dammit

Luke takes a left back towards the gas station and hits the gas, suddenly nervous about something. Maybe he just had to take a piss, but it was pedal to the metal from here on in.

Finding an old Garth Brooks CD, Luke swore and put it in, singing along like every other good American in the good old US of A.

I got friends in low places where the whiskey drowns
and the beer chases.. my blues away...

I'm OK!!!

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”