IC-Danger(Hammond/Earl/Rosie/Ashley/Horst/Flip)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Danger(Hammond/Earl/Rosie/Ashley/Horst/Flip)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 9:19 AM Mountain Daylight Time - At the T-Bone
In the back room-
Ashley slipped into the office, shutting the door behind her and leaning against it. Boss Hammond sat behind his desk, his shotgun resting on its surface. "What can I do you for?" he asked.

"Horst is up to something," Ashley said, "something real bad, and it's going to happen in the next couple of minutes! Rita said to tell you and Earl to get your shotguns. I see you've already got yours, that's good."
OOC,[b]Ashley[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (60% skill) to convince [b]Hammond[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Danger(Hammond/Ashley)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:20 AM
In the back room-
"I swear that woman worries over every little thing," said Hammond. "Horst won't cause no trouble. Don't you fret your pretty little head about it."

"But he's a maniac!" cried Ashley. "He and his followers are heavily armed, and there's no telling what they'll do! Please, you've got to listen to me!" She trembled, tears leaking from her eyes.

"Now, now, sweetheart." Hammond rose up from behind his desk. "Everything's going to be just fine."

"I hear vehicles coming from the north! There's only one thing up that way, and that's the PMS compound! You've got to do something!"

"I don't hear nothin'." Hammond approached Ashley and placed his beefy hands on her shoulders. "Now just try to relax."

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm helping you to calm down."
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Listen roll (70% / 2 = 35% skill) in the back room: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Listen roll (50% / 2 = 25% skill) in the back room: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Danger(Hammond/Ashley)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:21 AM
In the back room-
Hammond began to rub Ashley's shoulders.

"Well it's not working!" she shouted. "Get your hands off me!" She squirmed out of his awkward grasp and pulled out her .22.

"Now hold on there, little missy," said Hammond, backing away and raising his hands.

"No, that's enough of that! I put up with your leering and ogling, but you keep your hands to yourself! For crying out loud, Horst's buddies are here to kill us all, and you're trying to cop a feel!"
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Grapple roll (25% base skill) to grab [b]Ashley[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Danger(Hammond/Rosie/Ashley)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:22 AM
In the back room-
"I don't even know why I'm trying to save your worthless hide!" shouted Ashley.

"Damn, girl, you sound like my wife when you talk like that," said Hammond.

"Well, maybe I've misjudged her."

There was a knock on the door. "Ashley, you in there?" asked Rosie from the other side.

Ashley opened the door and let her inside, shutting the door behind her. "Yeah, but Hammond isn't listening. He's too busy thinking with his dick."

"Look, trouble's not coming," said Hammond.

"No, it's not," said Rosie. "It's already here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Danger(Hammond/Rosie/Ashley)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:23 AM
In the back room-
Two sets of footsteps moved past the door, and another door opened.

"I heard the bell tinkle," said Ashley. "They're coming into the diner. I hear eight pairs of footsteps! Oh, God, what do we do?"

"Everyone just relax," said a man's voice from somewhere beyond the door. "Everything's going to be just fine, folks. Just keep on eating. Our business is not with you. We have business with Hammond."

"That sounds like Buzz," said Rosie. "Horst's second in command."

Hammond gulped and grabbed his shotgun. He opened up the door to the garage at the far end of the office. "Earl, get in here with your shotgun!" he called. "Trouble!"

"Jeff and Guzzmann, watch the front doors," said Horst from the diner. "Mutt, you're with us."

"They're coming this way!" hissed Ashley. "Four of them!"
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Listen roll (70% skill) in the back room: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) in the back room: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Listen roll (50% skill) in the back room: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Danger(Hammond/Earl/Rosie/Ashley/Horst/Flip)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:24 AM
In the back room-
A skinhead with a red beret and a very large pistol pushed open the door and stepped inside, followed by Horst and Flip, who had smaller pistols, and another skinhead with an M-16. They closed the door behind them. Earl came in from the door at the opposite end of the office with his shotgun in his hands and Hammond raised his own shotgun, while Ashley stepped back, her face drained of color, and gripped her little .22 automatic.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said the skinhead with the beret. "There's a satchel charge out by the gas pumps, and one of my men has his finger on the detonator. If he hears a gunshot, he'll push the button. My gun, your gun, doesn't matter. So just put down the weapons and relax."

"Shut the door, Earl," drawled Horst. "We're going to have a nice friendly talk with you and your brother. You're going to give us what's ours, and then we'll be on our way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:25 AM
In the back room-
Horst took Hammond's shotgun, and Earl didn't resist as Flip took his away. The skinhead with the M-16 crossed the office and closed the door, standing in front of it.

"Come on, darlin'," Buzz told Ashley. "Give it up. Don't worry, nobody's gonna hurt you." Ashley reluctantly let him take away the pearl-handled pistol, which he pocketed. "This pretty little thing wouldn't do much damage anyway." He pulled Hammond over to the desk and shoved him down into the chair.

"Where's our stuff, Hammond?" asked Horst.

"I told you," said Hammond, "it ain't here yet. I sent David out to pick up your shipment, and he won't be back till this afternoon."

"Bulls***." Horst strode up to the desk and gripped the front of it. "You got our stuff already, and we want it. Now cough it up."

"I can't cough up what I ain't got."

Horst snatched up the cigar cutter next to the humidor and looked at it. "Fascinating thing, this. Ever wonder what it would do to a man's finger?" He flicked the little switch, and the blade sliced down.

Hammond gaped in shock. "You're f***ing crazy!"

Horst stared him directly in the eye. "You're damn right." He nodded to Buzz, who pinned Hammond's wrist to the desk. Then Horst slid the circular opening of the cigar cutter over Hammond's left pinky. "Now, where's our stuff?"

"I suggest you tell us," said Buzz. "He can do this ten times. After that I'm sure he can think of more interesting pieces of your anatomy to sever."

"This little piggy went to market..." started Horst.
OOC,[b]Buzz[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (48% skill) to get [b]Hammond[/b] to talk: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:26 AM
In the back room-
Snick! went the blade of the cigar cutter, and Hammond's pinky, complete with pinky ring, fell to the desk in a spreading pool of blood, the ring clattering against its surface. He let out a high-pitched scream, frozen in abject terror as he gaped at his severed little finger. More blood spewed from the stump. Earl shuddered, and Rosie and Ashley could only watch in stunned silence. The skinheads merely laughed, Horst's laugh the wildest of all.

"Thought I was bluffing, were you?" said Horst, picking up the lighter near the humidor. "Here, let me cauterize that for you." He flicked open the lighter and lit the flame, chuckling as he held it to the wound. Hammond screamed again, sobbing like a baby, but at least the bleeding had stopped. "Now, where were we? Oh, yeah." He moved the hole in the cigar cutter over Hammond's ring finger. "This little piggy stayed home..."

"NO!" screamed Hammond, his eyes wide. "No, please, I'll talk! I'll tell you where the guns are!"
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 64) for being tortured: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Hammond[/b]'s Sanity loss for being tortured: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Hammond[/b]'s Idea roll (80% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]5[/dice] Type of [b]Hammond[/b]'s temporary insanity: [dice]6[/dice] Duration of [b]Hammond[/b]'s temporary insanity, in rounds: [dice]7[/dice] [b]Earl[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 58) for witnessing torture: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 45) for witnessing torture: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 55) for witnessing torture: [dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:27 AM
In the back room-
"Where?" asked Horst, not removing the cigar cutter.

"Liquor closet!" cried Hammond. "Trapdoor! They're in the crates marked pots and pans!"

"You're gonna show me. Get up!" Horst pulled the cigar cutter away and put it in his pocket, but Hammond didn't move. Buzz and Mutt hoisted him to his feet. "We're all going there."

"My finger! It moved!" Hammond looked even more distressed.

Flip gaped in shock as he watched the severed pinky on the desk twitch. "I saw it too!" he shouted.

"It doesn't matter, let's go," said Horst. He opened the door and ushered everyone out of the office.
OOC,[b]Hammond[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (50% skill) in the back room: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Hammond[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 57) for seeing his own finger reanimated: [dice]8[/dice] [b]Hammond[/b]'s Sanity loss for seeing his own finger reanimated: [dice]11[/dice] [b]Earl[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) in the back room: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) in the back room: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (30% skill) in the back room: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) in the back room: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 59) for seeing [b]Hammond[/b]'s finger reanimated: [dice]9[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (37% skill) in the back room: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 40) for seeing [b]Hammond[/b]'s finger reanimated: [dice]10[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Sanity loss for seeing [b]Hammond[/b]'s finger reanimated: [dice]12[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (51% skill) in the back room: [dice]6[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (54% skill) in the back room: [dice]7[/dice] Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Breakfast
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”