IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:02 AM
South of the base-
"I wouldn't fire any shots near the base," said Willie. "They might regard that as a hostile action. But waving a shirt overhead is a great idea!"

"Yeah, especially if you gals are doing it," said David.

The four of them proceeded northwest, crossing the road and passing the golf course. They were soon about a mile from the entrance. The mob had fallen behind somewhat, but it was still pursuing them. Tisha could still see it, a mile and a half back.
OOC,Everyone, please roll CON x 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha ignores David. "I think maybe you and I should do it, Willie. both of the others have guns,and I don't want to risk messing up their aim. But it's not like either of us have anything better to do, and they're more likely to see it if we both do it.."

Unless anyone offers her a compelling reason not to, she takes her top off. This was no time to be modest. But she's really glad she wore a bra today.
Con 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

South of the base-
All of the others were too exhausted to keep up with Tisha. Willie pulled off his shirt and waved it overhead with as much enthusiasm he could muster, but his injuries were catching up to him. "You go on ahead, Tisha," he said. "Get there first and let them know we're coming, get them to open the gate."
OOC,[b]David[/b]'s CON x 5 roll (55% stat): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s CON x 5 roll (40% stat): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Felice[/b]'s CON x 5 roll (65% stat): [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

It's a tough decision. Tish is tempted to stay, but they need to get that gate open. She nods, reluctantly.

"Alright. Most of those things are slow; just make sure you're faster then them. Keep an eye out for any runners, you guys. But also know if you have to shoot at all every zombie in this area is going to be converging on your position. Hopefully that's enough to get your energy back. Good luck."

She jogs off, not happy to be isolated like this, with no one watching her back, but knowing she needed to get that gate open ASAP.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:10 AM
South of the base-
Tisha ran ahead as fast as she could, the others moving behind her at a more sedate jog, waving her shirt overhead. She was less than a hundred yards from the gate when one of the guards in a tower over it called out to her with a bullhorn. "Stay back, ma'am!" he bellowed. "Do not approach any closer! This is a military installation under lockdown. Nobody is allowed inside!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"My name is Tisha Roberts! I'm a reporter and have critical information on the outbreak. What's more, I'm good friends with the commander of this base. Ask him, he'll confirm I'm legit. My friends and I are uninfected and need to get inside, please!" She tries her best to sound sympathetic.
OOC:   Tish would use the commander's name, but not sure I know it OOC.  
Persuade if needed 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tisha,I hadn't mentioned it before, but the general's name is [b]Jack Cutter[/b]. He's in his sixties, with gray hair. I'll give you more details about him as needed since you know him personally. A Persuade (or Fast Talk) roll is definitely needed, and that's a good success, so it will even convince them to let the others in, not just you. ;) Persuade takes some time to work, and there will be communications back and forth between the guards in the tower and HQ, but I'll let you know the results when I post the next major update. That's going to be a while, as I'll be away at a convention from Thursday through Sunday, and I may be too busy the following weekend as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC,Understood. Glad I rolled well then:P . No rush on the next post, have fun at your convention!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:12 AM
South of the base-
Tisha waited anxiously while the guard got on his radio. From here she couldn't make out what he was saying, but it took a little while. It gave David, Willie, and Felice time to close most of the distance to her position. It also gave the infected behind them time to get closer. They were now two thirds of a mile from the base. Finally, the guard spoke on the bullhorn again: "The four of you have permission to approach the gate! You will be admitted to our quarantine facility for medical treatment and examination on General Cutter's orders! We will deal with the infected following you!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

While she waits, Tisha puts her top back on. She's anxious-- if the men don't let her in they would be sitting ducks out here.

Once she hears they'll be let in she feels a surge of relief. "Oh God, thank you! None of us are infected, but we're all pretty beaten up. Thank you so much."

She turns to the others and gives a thumbs up, hoping the news will inspire them to move faster.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:14 AM
Southwest of the base-
"Someone can be infected and not know it!" called the guard with the bullhorn. "They'll check you out at the quarantine facility and make sure!"

Tisha reached the southwest gate to the base a minute later, and a minute after that the others caught up with her. At that point the snipers began to fire at the horde pursuing them, some half a mile away. They clearly had learned to aim at the head, for one of their targets' heads exploded, and then another.
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I understand your worry, and we'll of course submit to any tests to make you feel comfortable, but we're all good," Tisha insists. She pulls out her phone and waves it. "I interviewed one of the infected. He told me the symptoms he was experiencing and gave me a rough progression of the disease. None of us have those symptoms.."

She keeps an eye out, or attempts to, as the others join her.
Spot Hidden 35%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:15 AM
Southwest of the base-
"You can be infected without showing symptoms yet!" called the guard with the bullhorn. "The bite will do it for sure, but any contact with the infected could spread it, even a touch!"

"Uh oh," said Willie quietly with a gulp. "I was sitting next to him."

The snipers took out a couple more of the mob behind them.
Tisha,[b]Tisha[/b] could see an armored personnel carrier approaching the gate from inside the base perimeter, to the northeast. It had a red cross on its side, indicating it was a medical vehicle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Hey, we don't know that for sure," Tisha tells Willie quietly. "It's been awhile; chances are you'd feel something by now. Randall's symptoms started pretty much immediately." She hopes to God she's right.

She points out the vehicle to the others.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:16 AM
Southwest of the base-
Soon the vehicle got close enough that everyone could see it. It was a Stryker, a standard model armored personnel carrier, with red crosses painted on the sides. It pulled up just inside the gate. The snipers continued their deadly hail of bullets, now hitting more of the infected since they were getting closer. They were now only four minutes away.

"You're going to have to wait until the snipers finish taking them out!" called the man with the bullhorn. "We can't risk opening the gate while there's a threat nearby!"
OOC,[b]Tisha[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha wants to protest, but she knows it's no use. She instead gets as close to the gate as possible, looking towards David and Felice. "Be ready to shoot if the snipers miss any, guys!"
Luck 55%,[dice]0[/dice]
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sure thing, honey-bun!"
David goes prone on the ground and rests his elbows on the dirt to get his aim stabilized. He waits for any heads to pop up. "Come to papa..." Hi digs the sides of his boots into the dirt and is dead ready to shoot.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:19 AM
Southwest of the base-
The Stryker pulled up inside the gate, and a figure in an orange Racal biohazard suit emerged from the rear compartment. David and Felice took up prone positions and aimed their pistols at the oncoming and ever diminishing horde while Tisha and Willie could only watch and pray. The snipers knew their stuff, for they managed to fire more accurately now that the infected were closer. It looked like two of them were going to slip past them, but they managed to take them both down just before they reached pistol range.

At that point, the suited figure waiting inside the gate unlatched it and opened it, waving for the four survivors to enter.

"You may enter the gate now!" called the guard in the tower with the bullhorn. "Once you are inside, you will place all of your weapons on the ground!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

10101817.jpg
David Gets up, giving a hand to Felice. "Let´s gen inside, Bella." When he has let all other get inside he´ll surrender his Sig and ammo to the G.I. Joe. "Thanks for keeping open for noon coffee guys!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha follows, hands in the air. "I'm unarmed!" She's close to tears of relief but wills herself not to cry-- it was important to be professional, even now.

She glances back at] Willie, making sure he can make it without help.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”