IC-Breakdown(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Re: IC-Breakdown(various)

Post by Leonulf »

idea,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jimmy,The dead skinheads could have weapons and ammo on them. They wouldn't have anything bigger than knives or pistols, or they'd be visible, but that would be better than nothing. Of course, someone would have to go down there to search them and retrieve anything of use. The ladder could be lowered from the west side of the roof to minimize the distance, but they were still fifty plus yards away. There also could be some larger weapons in the diner's entrance, though there was no telling what was going on inside the place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:38 AM
On the roof of the garage-
Everything remained eerily quiet.

On the roof of the diner-
Everything remained eerily quiet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

OOC,[b]Dave[/b] scans roof top for anything that can be use as weapon
"How much time do we have to sit through this, people. we need to get help." Dave expecting to get a response from anyone.
"Mitchell, do you find anything to fight with goons down there?"
Dave then ask Samantha, "are you carrying walkies with you or there any radio in a car of your's with which we can communicate with others out there.
Last edited by dustakr on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Mitchell, do you find anything to fight with goons down there?"
"Nah, what do you think I'm going to find on the roof? I got my baseball bat but I don't want to get that close to any of them." Mitchell replies. "I suppose I could try to sneak down there and see if there's a weapon on one of the dead skinheads if you guys cover me."
OOC,The weapons the preacher picked up are not lying out there yet? How far of a run is it to the hotel from here? How about the skinhead's truck, is that close and still in good repair?
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I don't like the idea of anyone going anywhere right now but if someone wants to try to see what's going on, now seems like as good a time as any since it's pretty damn quiet. Gary says. "Probably the calm before the storm."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The only weapons on the roof are the ones you brought with you. Anyone who looks over the south side of the roof into the parking lot can see the M-16 and shotgun that the priest picked up lying in the entrance of the diner. I believe [b]Jimmy[/b] already looked that way and passed his Spot Hidden roll, so he sees them. They may have been damaged or dirtied in the blast. [b]Baldwin[/b]'s revolver had been dropped in the parking lot, but that was destroyed by the explosion. The motel is a hundred yards west of the diner. The skinheads' truck is fifty yards west of the diner. It looks okay, but the only way to tell if it works would be to go over there and try to drive it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"No I don't have a walkie-talkie on me and I'm not sure my car one is working but I bet some of the trucks will have CB radios. It's a good idea and our best bet for communication now that the mobile network is down." Samantha scans the roof of all the buildings for the telltale aerials of the ham radio buff.

"Can anyone use a shotgun-I mean, use it well? I've got limited ammunition so we can't go wasting it on a rookie. And I'm not letting anyone walk off with it either." Samantha says sternly and looks around the group.

"If not, I'll save it for when the rifle runs out and then I'll use it myself. It's only good for short range anyway. I'll use the rifle now to cover whoever is going down. Don't forget though; if you go inside a building you're on your own.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

"well, we need guns at the roof and on the ground as well...I would feel a bit safer if I am going in front of diner with someone carrying a gun..." Dave adds his two cents.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy calls out a bit louder"Hang on, I think those dead skinheads might have a weapon or two on them, I am gonna get down and quickly run to them and then come back up - someone watch the ladder for me please, and bring it back up while im down and let me back up after - then I will share out what I found". He rushes towards the ladder to carry out his plan.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave watches Jimmy hurrying "...How did you end up here on roof...We thought you left already...In one of the ride leaving garage."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Okay, I've got your back Jimmy. Let's have everyone's eyes on this please so we have plenty of warning." Samantha expertly checks and loads her rifle and moves to a position where she can see the alley with the ladder and the route that Jimmy needs to take to reach the skinheads' weapons.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:39 AM
Samantha and Kimberly crossed over to the roof of the garage where the ladder had been left to cover Jimmy, leaving Dave, Mitchell, and Gary. She didn't see any ham radio aerials, but she did notice that the motel had a huge satellite dish - and the dish was currently rotating.

Jimmy picked up the ladder and leaned it against the garage wall, then climbed back down to ground level.

Outside the garage-
Jimmy reached the bottom of the ladder. Max and Buddy got up and trotted over to him, barking and wagging their tails.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy scratches the dogs heads "Right boys you two follow me and help watch my back while I search those bodies". He moves to the bodies and starts looting any weaponry.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Dave keeps watching from the roof for any movement around the area...
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I wonder if satellite communication is still working and whether we can get any joy from that dish." Samantha says to Kimberley, pointing to the motel roof.
"Not that I'd know how to." And then she puts her rifle up and watches the two dead skinheads through her sights.
"Keep an eye on the wider area; I've got the corpses." She says to Kimberley.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Can anyone use a shotgun-I mean, use it well? I've got limited ammunition so we can't go wasting it on a rookie. And I'm not letting anyone walk off with it either." Samantha says sternly and looks around the group.
"I can use a shotgun. I used to go hunting with my grandpa and it's really the only kind of gun I'm confident using." Mitchell says. "I won't run off with it. I'll give it back as soon as I can replace it with something else.

He goes over to cover whoever is going to go down.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary will watch and listen for any signs of trouble while covering Jimmy with his rifle.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:40 AM
Outside the garage-
Jimmy headed around the corner to the parking lot in front of the diner, the dogs following at his heels.

In the parking lot-
Jimmy and the dogs reached the front of the diner. There were no bodies in the immediate area; the two dead skinheads were fifty or more yards to the west, toward the motel. However, the M-16 and the shotgun that the skinheads had dropped lay in front of the entrance. The floor to ceiling windows had been blown out in the blast. A trail of blood smears led from the diner's entrance and into the kitchen, which was not visible from outside.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], if you want to collect the dropped weapons, please roll Luck.
"Sure," said Kimberly. "Maybe the folks at the motel know how to use it."

Samantha and Kimberly moved back to the diner's roof so they could cover Jimmy.

Everyone stood watch over Jimmy, the corpses, and the diner's surroundings. There was still no movement.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy mutters to himself "heres goes...". He attempts to grab the weapons.
luck 75%,[dice]0[/dice]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”