IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Trooper Bo Richards gets out of the patrol car and takes post behind the open car door, now propped against the side fence. He gets the Mossberg laid firmly on the window frame. Awaiting being overrun.

Meanwhile, Larkin pops the hood and gets whistling away, while using his belt to reinforce a busted pipe in the engine block.
Spoiler:
Mech Repair @67%
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler:
A new attempt...

[dice]1[/dice]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think you missed a few pages. You're well past that point now. You've abandoned the police car, which is now overrun with zombies. You're now at the landing site, and the helicopter has arrived and has just started to be refueled.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   Yes! I thought I had reached the end. Well, the end of the page it turned out to be. Sorry!  
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo helps Wallace up the driver´s seat and shuts the door. "You´re the helm´s man, Wallace! Bring us back into the fray." Before jumping on the truck, Richards salutes Trooper Spears and Dr Hausman.
"For another tomorrow, ladies!"
He hops in the truck and puts on the safety belt and checks the Mossberg is properly prepared. "Let´s scatter some deadheads, boys!"
TVblog

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Dr Haussmann waves but she does not smile.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I don't mean to slow us all down, but I took some shrapnel back at the diner. Do you think you can patch me up before you go Doc?" Jim says to Dr. Haussman. He will lean against the front of the truck so she can get a look at his wound.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:49 AM
At the landing site-
"I'll have to drive, headache or no," said Wallace, settling into the driver's seat while Bo got into the shotgun seat. "Driving a rig ain't like driving a car. I'd turn this baby around now, but I can't as long as he's leaning on it."

Erica continued to pump the fuel. The first barrel was now about a third of the way drained into the chopper's fuel tank.

Behind them, the mob had passed the cruiser and continued on its way. It was still over ten minutes from their position at its current pace.
OOC,There were no guns visible inside the helicopter. The only one [b]Stephanie[/b] could see that it had brought was the pistol in [b]Erica[/b]'s holster. [b]Brigetta[/b], if you want to treat [b]Jim[/b]'s injury, you may roll either First Aid or Medicine. If you succeed, please roll 1D3 to see how many HP he recovers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean tries to help Erica, doing whatever he can to make the process go faster.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were injured." Now that she looks more carefully, Dr Haussmanncan see blood on Jim's trousers.
"You'll have to pull your pants down." She says. Bo, pass me the truck's first aid kit!"
medicine,77%[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
"You're lucky, Jim the shrapnel has worked it's way out. I've put some butterfly strips on to hold it together but don't go jumping about or it'll reopen. Here are some painkillers." In a low voice she adds,
Jim,You've got at most about one hour, maybe less, and then [b]Wallace[/b]is going to turn. [b]Bo[/b] and you must be ready to leave him and get well away. I'm not sure what the indicators will be; I'm guessing his speech will terminate shortly before transformation." She sees Jims expression. "He's been bitten, Jim, and there's nothing we can do for him. He will kill you."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo squints at the scene at the front of the truck. "Dropping your fatigues at every opportunity, Jim?" He exits the truck grabbing the emergency bag from the rack behind the seats. He unzips it and asks, "What do you need doc?"
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob checks to see if the pump hoses are connected to the fuselage and starts to pump the fuel into the fuel tank of the egg beater. He calculates how many minutes it might take to fill.

Roll:
Spoiler:
Mech Repair @ 67%

[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I'm glad you can all find the humor in my situation." Jim says loudly as he pulls up his pants before turning to Dr. Haussman. "Thank you doctor. For the help and the advice."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:50 AM
At the landing site-
"Hey, leave that alone!" called Erica when Bob started to tinker with the fuel pump. She had stopped him right before he would have accidentally disconnected the hose and spewed precious fuel everywhere. "Look, I've got this. Just keep me alive until we're ready to take off, and don't mess with the pump again. This bird is my baby, and you don't touch her without my permission." The first barrel was now almost halfway drained.

"All right, hop in, guys," Wallace said to Jim and Bo.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean tries to cover a laugh at Erica chastising Bob. She was a little firecracker, and he had to admire that.

"So, anything the rest of us can do to make this go faster?" he asks her. "I think we're safe for the next few minutes at least, and I hate wasting time we could be using more efficiently."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will get in the truck.
OOC,If there's a backbench, he'll go there, otherwise, he'll ride in the middle of the front.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo Richards quickly is back in the truck at the window. The window is closed. "We keep them closed until we don´t. Safety first."
TVblog

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie tries to strike a conversation with Erica, "..So this fuel will be enough to get us to the lab right? and no more quick stop for refueling after this?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Brigetta waves a hand at the guys in the truck and walks back to the helicopter.
"Can I get in? I've just thought of something and need to add to my notes." She says to Erica.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob sits on his fumble thumbs with a sheepish look on his face.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:51 AM
At the landing site-
Erica smiled at Brigetta and Stephanie as she pumped the fuel. Half of the first barrel was now empty. "Sure, just slide on into the bench seat in the back, ladies," she said. "Welcome aboard! From what Bob told me, there's enough fuel to get all the way to Omaha, with a tiny bit extra to spare since we're taking off from a few miles east of where he set down. As long as we have time to pump all the fuel aboard before we take off, we won't need to refuel anywhere along the way." She nodded to Sean and Bob. "There's no way to speed this up, you just need to buy me enough time to get all this fuel aboard. You want something to do, keep an eye out for any more of those infected people. You've got a rifle, that's good. Any of them get past the truck, you'll need to take them down before they reach us."

Jim got into the middle seat of the truck's cab while Bo rode shotgun. Then Wallace turned the truck around so that it was now facing back the way it had come. The horde was now three quarters of a mile away. "Buckle up, guys," he said. "We've got enough space before we hit them that I can work up a full head of steam and bull through."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”