IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim acknowledges Bob with a nod to Sean. "Me and Sean have a lot of practice working together." With a look to the east he continues, "I'm kinda interested in flying over Sydney to see what's going on over there."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean shakes his head. "That's not our responsibility, Jim. We have to get Dr. Hausman to where she's going, and she seems in a rush."
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:

Lynne shows Jenny and Michael to an empty table and asks if there ready to order.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

"Thanks," Baldwin takes the coffee and sipping at it, decides to take his time drinking. Like Gary, he has no intention of leaving while the skinheads are in the way.

He keeps his right hand under the level of the table close to his revolver, in case things get out of hand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:58 AM
In the diner-
Fortunately, Horst seemed to have forgotten all about Baldwin's existence. He glared at the phone with a scowl and shoved it back into his pocket. "F***, no signal!" he muttered. "Come on, we can use the CB in the pickup." He and Flip, headed to the front door, Flip glancing back longingly at the food on his plate.

"Where are you two goin'?" asked Rita as they passed the counter.

"Jus' out for a smoke," said Horst, showing her his cigar. "Courtesy of your husband. We'll be right back."

Rita nodded as the two skinheads stepped outside.

"Thanks," said Jenny to Lynne with a shy smile as she led her and Michael to their table, where they sat down. "Um, I'd like to look at the menu first. Maybe some coffee?"

"Tea for me, cheers," said Michael, with an obvious British accent.

Ashley slipped into the kitchen.

Azadeh entered the diner, where Rosie greeted her. "Welcome to the T-Bone," she said. "I'll show you to your table."

Kimberly stood up, placed some money on the table, and headed outside, waiting long enough for the skinheads to get a safe distance ahead.

In the parking lot-
Horst and Flip emerged from the diner. They lit their cigars and began to smoke as they headed for a white pickup truck.

Tisha drove the news van onto the on-ramp to I-80 West once she and her passengers were belted, with David just behind her in his truck.

Tony, Cathy, Bobby, and Scotty Lathan entered the lot, coming from the direction of the motel.

Bob, Sean, and Jim continued to work on the helicopter, draining the fuel into barrels helpfully provided from the garage. Bob just had to hope they would be able to salvage all of it. There was barely enough to reach Omaha. From the helicopter's radio, they heard that a helicopter unit of the Nebraska State Police was flying relatively near their position but was short of fuel. “This State Trooper Erica Spears…Is there any airfield out there were I can land my bird for fuel? Come in please?”

"These people need help," replied Joe Barring to Bo over the radio. “We need medical assistance here pronto. These people are in pretty bad shape. Looks like a bomb hit them…Damn they all looked dazed and bloody. Damn nasty wounds too…Can’t believe some of them are walking…There’s a couple running towards me now, and they don’t look so good either…I need EMT people down here…"

"I think we're probably better off waiting for the helicopter to be fixed than trying to hit the road," said Stephanie. "We're some 400 miles from Omaha, which would take until evening to reach even under good conditions. With things as they are now, it would take longer, if we even made it in one piece. That fire in Sidney is right in our path, and there may be trouble in cities along the way as well as Omaha itself. With the chopper, we could cross the state in a few hours, and we'll fly over any trouble." She looked at Dr. Hausmann.

Kimberly emerged from the diner.
OOC,I'll play [b]Stephanie[/b] for now, as her player hasn't posted for her since the beginning. [b]Bo[/b], if you want to get [b]Joe[/b]'s assistance, please roll Persuade or Fast Talk. The base skill is 15% for Persuade and 5% for Fast Talk. [b]Dr. Hausmann[/b] or [b]Stephanie[/b] may also try. [b]Randall[/b], [b]David[/b], [b]Tisha[/b], and [b]Willie[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Highway to Hell
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Upon hearing that the skinheads will be right back, Gary decides it's time to go. He gets up and as he walks past the table with their breakfast still on it, he stops to unscrew the top of the salt shaker on their table. He knows he shouldn't mess with them but, hey, karmas a bitch!

Once at the door, he stops to make sure they are heading away before he leaves the diner and heads towards his car.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I know we need to get Dr. Hausmann to where she's going." Jim replies to Sean. "Did you see how agitated she got about the people walking away from the fire in Sydney? Why do you suppose that's got her worked up? She never answered me when I asked. Somethings going down and I just want to get some more information so we don't step in it. You know how often grunts like us get in trouble because the people giving orders don't tell us the whole story!"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'm not really sure," Sean says as he's working. "Seems like some sort of pandemic. Flu outbreak, maybe? You can ask her if you want, but she seems focused on her work. But a few extra details would be nice. All I know, this seems top secret and highly important.."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Juggling a couple of outcomes at once, Bo reconsiders the road option.

He "This is Bo Richard, Joe Barrington, did you copy that? We need your assistance as well. Strength in numbers. Do not assist on your own. Go past and meet up here at the diner. We´ll stay put awaiting assistance. Over!"

He starts the car and decides to back up towards the entrance to the diner.
Spoiler:
Persuade Erica Spears @15%
[dice]0[/dice]
Persuade Joe @15%
[dice]1[/dice]
Disregard the rolls below. The first ones seemed not to have worked. Now they look fine though...
Spoiler:
roll 1
[dice]2[/dice]

roll 2
[dice]3[/dice]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob knows that if they do this the right way, all will be fine and they´ll get the team to Omaha, without much fuss. "Good work guys. We´ll soon have a working bird! Just make sure all bolts are rightened and secured."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]David[/b] moved to the new thread, Highway to Hell, in my update above. Please move your post there. I'm waiting for a Spot Hidden roll from him there. [b]Erica[/b] is speaking on the helicopter's radio frequency, not the police cruiser's, though someone at the chopper could tell [b]Bo[/b] so that he could switch frequencies and talk to her, or [b]Bob[/b] can just talk to her himself. Note also that Persuade takes time, so you'll need to talk to them for at least a couple of minutes, and you can't just switch back and forth and speak to them both at the same time with the same character. I'll assume that it's [b]Bo[/b] talking to [b]Joe Barring[/b] and [b]Bob[/b] talking to [b]Erica Spears[/b]. [b]Bob[/b] can speak to [b]Erica[/b] while he works on the helicopter. Both of those rolls still fail, but I'll hold onto the second pair and count them if you later switch to whom you're speaking. They'll both have to keep talking for at least another minute after the next update before anyone else can try a roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Hey Bob, did you hear that over the radio? They need fuel and we need a working chopper....maybe we can have them come over here and we can give them some fuel and they can take the Doctor to Omaha while we're working on getting this bird airborne."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:59 AM
In the diner-
The Lathan family entered the diner just as Ashley came out of the kitchen carrying a food-laden tray. "Hi!" she said. "I'll show you to a booth in a minute."

Rosie led Azadeh to a small table and handed her a menu. "Can I get you anything to drink?" she asked.

"I'll have a coffee," Azadeh replied.

"I'll have some French toast," Jenny told Lynne after she finished perusing the menu.

"That sounds good," said Michael. "I'll have the same."

In the parking lot-
Gary emerged from the diner shortly after Kimberly, who walked across the lot at a sedate pace, letting the skinheads get a decent distance ahead of her. With her dark skin, he couldn't blame her. Still, her route was taking her directly past the white pickup truck that Horst and Flip had just entered. Horst picked up the CB radio and keyed the microphone.

"I can't just leave injured people without help, Bo," said Joe Barring's voice on the radio. "I've got to do something!"

"I don't have enough fuel to make Cheyenne," Erica Spears replied to Bob as he worked on the chopper with Sean and Jim. "Where on I-80 is the T-Bone?"
OOC,The T-Bone is located between Sidney and Kimball.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob responds over the helicopter frequency, "This is Bob Larkin, National Park Services, calling Erica Spears. Over. There´s an AirForce Base close to Cheyenne. Warren AFB. We do need assistance at I-80 and have a helicopter over at T-bone Diner. Could we pull our resources? We have a delivery to Omaha. Could we help you and you help us? Over!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
"Like I said," replied Erica Spears to Bob, "I don't have the fuel to make Cheyenne. I may not have enough to reach you. It depends where exactly on I-80 you are. I don't know where the T-Bone is located. Over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sorry, just west of Sidney, 50km prior to Cheyenne...Over." Bob felt bad for giving poor directions.
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC - Baldwin,What does Baldwin know about his broken down truck? Is he expecting it to have been worked on yet?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Baldwin[/b] expects that his truck has already been worked on and may be ready by now, though with [b]Earl[/b] in charge there's no telling. He's been known to delay work in order to charge more and to inflate the cost in other ways.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary follows Kimberly outside and as he heads to his car, he tries to keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't hassled by the skinheads.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

As he works, Jim looks toward the sky over Sydney to see if he can see the other helicopter. "Hey Bob, ask where they are now."

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”