Page 1 of 1

IC-Into the Abyss(Earl/Rosie/Ashley/Thomas/Horst/Flip)

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 10:22 AM Mountain Daylight Time - Underneath the T-Bone
In the shaft-
"We're going down into hell," said Mutt as the elevator descended. "The devil's down there."

Flip shook his head. "The devil's back up there," he said. "Horst is the devil. But the demons are below. The demons are below, and they are hungry."

"Did you hear that?" asked Rosie.

Ashley nodded nervously. Everyone except Earl could hear a kind of sloshing sound not far below the elevator in the shaft, and it was getting closer...
OOC,[b]Earl[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) on the elevator: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) on the elevator: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) on the elevator: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Listen roll (36% skill) on the elevator: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Listen roll (56% skill) on the elevator: [dice]4[/dice]

Re: IC-Into the Abyss(Earl/Rosie/Ashley/Thomas/Horst/Flip)

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:30 am
by Silver Priest
Thomas looks towards the others. "We need to get these crate open and arm ourselves. I know Horst wanted us to wait, but if something's down here and it kills us all he won't get any of the weapons anyway.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Thomas[/b], please roll Fast Talk. The base skill is 5%.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:43 am
by Silver Priest
Fast Talk 5%,Thomas is a teenager with an abusive father he had to walk on eggshells around his entire life. I think his Fast Talk should be a bit higher. ;) No worries though, let's see what happens! [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
10:22:12 AM
In the shaft-
"Oh, God, it's so close!" screamed Ashley. "Take us back up! Take us back up!" Her face had lost all its color.

"I want to," said Flip, "but Horst said-"

"Never mind him, darling," said Rosie. "I can smooth things over."

Flip waited, unsure of what to do, and that hesitation was fatal. Viscous black liquid began to flow up around the edges of the elevator and coat the surface. The goo began to sprout tentacles that reached out for the hapless passengers, and eyes began to open. So many eyes...
OOC,[b]Ashley[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (60% skill) to get the skinheads to turn the elevator around: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Charm Customer roll (80% skill) to get the [b]Flip[/b] to turn the elevator around: [dice]1[/dice] Everyone, please roll Sanity for seeing this thing. Sanity loss is 1/1D10, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D10 if you fail. If you lose at least 5 Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane. Regardless of whether you do or not, it acts before everyone except for [b]Flip[/b], who has a ready firearm.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:32 am
by Silver Priest
Thomas screams when he sees the goo.
San 53%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] if fail.
But he mostly keeps his cool,and he looks around for a way to get the elevator to go up again-- maybe the goo would fall off?
OOC:   Pretty sure you're going to need to be updating that death toll thread soon Mr.Handy. :(  

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. :twisted: You were really unlucky, with everyone failing their rolls to get [b]Flip[/b] to be sensible. [b]Earl[/b] had an excellent chance, but he didn't even try because he's the only one who failed his Listen roll to hear what was below. [b]Earl[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 55) for seeing the monster: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 44) for seeing the monster: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Idea roll (55% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]9[/dice] Type and duration of temporary insanity: [dice]15[/dice] [dice]16[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 52) for seeing the monster: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]6[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Idea roll (50% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]10[/dice] Type and duration of temporary insanity: [dice]17[/dice] [dice]18[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 29) for seeing the monster: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Handgun roll (31 x 2 = 62% skill) shooting at the monster, point blank, shot 1 of 2: [dice]7[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 25) for seeing the monster: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]8[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Idea roll (70% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]11[/dice] Monster's Whip attack (90% chance) on random target (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Rosie[/b], 3=[b]Ashley[/b], 4=[b]Thomas[/b], 5=[b]Flip[/b], 6=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]12[/dice] [dice]13[/dice] Number of targets for Tentacle attacks: [dice]14[/dice] Random targets for Tentacle attacks (except [b]Flip[/b]): [dice]19[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
In the shaft-
Rosie stood stock still, and Ashley began to scream, which reminded Thomas of Kerry's screams. A tail-like appendage formed out of the goo. Flip fired at it from the hip, missing by a fraction of an inch. Then it whipped around him, and he howled. Two tentacles emerged and wrapped themselves around Rosie and Ashley, which made Ashley scream even louder. Then a large column of black goo rose up and came down on Thomas like a hammer.
OOC,Tentacle attack (60% chance) on [b]Ashley[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Random target for second Tentacle attack (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Rosie[/b], 3=[b]Thomas[/b], 4=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]1[/dice] Tentacle attack (60% chance) on [b]Rosie[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] Random target for Bludgeon attack (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Thomas[/b], 3=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]4[/dice] Bludgeon attack on [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Thomas[/b], please roll Dodge, and try very hard to succeed.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:47 am
by Silver Priest
Dodge 22%,[dice]0[/dice]
Thomas tries to move out of the way, but the tentacle is too fast. It's probably the last mistake he'll ever make.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:22:24 AM
In the shaft-
The column of goo was much thicker than a tentacle, and it crushed Thomas to a bloody pulp, shattering his left arm.

"Demon!" screamed Flip and Mutt in unison. It lunged at Mutt, trying to swallow him whole, but he stepped aside. Mutt then sprayed it with a burst of gunfire from his M-16, hitting with every bullet. They made holes in the creature's gooey surface, but those holes quickly sealed. It did not even seem to notice. Flip fired again, this time more accurately, but his shot had just as little effect. Earl grabbed the switch and flipped it, sending the elevator back up. "Bullets don't even hurt it!" he cried.
OOC,Damage to [b]Thomas[/b] from Bludgeon attack: [dice]0[/dice] Hit location: [dice]12[/dice] Random target of Bite attack (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bite[/b] attack (30% chance) on [b]Mutt[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Rifle roll (67% x 2[point blank] + 15[burst of 3 bullets] = 149% skill) shooting at the monster, burst: [dice]3[/dice] How many bullets hit: [dice]4[/dice] Damage: [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] [dice]7[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Handgun roll (31 x 2[point blank] = 62% skill) shooting at the monster, point blank, shot 2 of 2: [dice]8[/dice] Damage: [dice]9[/dice]
In the shaft room-
Buzz held Kerry tight in his grip while Horst pressed himself against her and unbuckled his belt. Then they heard the shooting and screaming from below. "If guns don't hurt it, maybe those weapons we found will!" said Buzz. Still holding Kerry with one hand, Buzz snatched the electric prod out of the open crate while Horst seized the makeshift flamethrower. They made their way to the edge of the shaft.
OOC,[b]Horst[/b]'s Idea roll (80% stat) in the shaft room: [dice]10[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Idea roll (75% stat) in the shaft room: [dice]11[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:29 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:22:36 AM
In the shaft room-
Horst and Buzz gasped when they saw the monster. Kerry kept trying to pull away and didn't see it, but Buzz held her fast. Horst readied his flamethrower and grinned maniacally. "So that's what a demon looks like," he said. "I can kill it."

"Fire and electricity might hurt it!" Buzz called down the shaft.
OOC,[b]Horst[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 56) for seeing the monster: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Idea roll (80% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]4[/dice] Type and duration of temporary insanity: [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 52) for seeing the monster: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Sanity loss: [dice]3[/dice]
In the shaft-
As the elevator ascended, another tail whipped around and grabbed Mutt, who cried in pain. Three more tentacles emerged from the goo, one ensnaring Earl and the other two questing after Thomas's prone form. One of those managed to grab him. The creature tried to swallow Flip whole and nearly succeeded. Mutt, having heard Buzz's warning, took out his taser and jabbed the thing with it. It reared back, this time affected. Fortunately for Mutt, the rubbery stuff of which it was composed did not seem to conduct electricity, so he was not stunned. Neither was the creature, which raised another column of its peculiar substance and brought it crashing down on Mutt's right leg,

Earl didn't really care about Thomas, but he knew that the dead were rising up and didn't want that to happen right next to him, so he tried to save Thomas, but he was too far gone. Thomas slipped away.
OOC,Random target for abomination's Whip attack (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]7[/dice] Abomination's Whip attack (90% chance) on [b]Mutt[/b]: [dice]8[/dice] Number of Tentacle attacks: [dice]9[/dice] Abomination's Tentacle attacks (60% chance), starting with [b]Earl[/b]: [dice]10[/dice] [dice]11[/dice] [dice]12[/dice] [b]Earl[/b]'s Dodge roll (26% base skill) to avoid the first Tentacle attack: [dice]13[/dice] Random target for abomination's Bite attack 1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Rosie[/b], 3=[b]Ashley[/b], 4=[b]Thomas[/b], 5=[b]Flip[/b], 6=[b]Mutt[/b]): [dice]14[/dice] Abomination's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Flip[/b]: [dice]15[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Fist/Punch roll (63% skill) attacking the abomination with the taser: [dice]16[/dice] Damage to abomination from taser: [dice]17[/dice] Abomination's Bludgeon attack (20% chance) on [b]Mutt[/b]: [dice]18[/dice] [b]Earl[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base chance) on [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]19[/dice] I'm sorry, but that is the end of [b]Thomas[/b]. :cry:

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:23 AM
In the shaft-
Mutt barely managed to cling to consciousness, his desire to stay alive very strong. Now aware that Mutt was a threat, the monster reared up above him and directed all its fury his way. The next hammer blow missed, but it managed to swallow him whole! From within the thing's interior, he again struck it with the taser, causing it pain and briefly lighting the inky interior. Then it engulfed Ashley, who was swallowed with one final scream. Mutt tried again to tase the creature from its gullet, but this time he could not bring the weapon to bear. The elevator continued to rise, and it began to near the top.
OOC,Damage to [b]Mutt[/b] from Bludgeon attack: [dice]0[/dice] Hit location: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s CON x 5 roll (85% stat) to stay conscious: [dice]2[/dice] Abomination's Bludgeon attack (20% chance) on [b]Mutt[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] Abomination's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Mutt[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Fist/Punch attack (63% skill) attacking the abomination with the taser: [dice]5[/dice] Damage to abomination from taser: [dice]6[/dice] Random target for abomination's Bite attack (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Rosie[/b], 3=[b]Ashley[/b], 4=[b]Flip[/b]): [dice]7[/dice] Abomination's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Ashley[/b]: [dice]8[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Fist/Punch attack (63% skill) attacking the abomination with the taser: [dice]9[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:46 pm
by Silver Priest
ooc,Suppose it's too much to ask that Horst or Buzz could try to save me when we reach the top. Well, I doubt Horst would even if he was sane. ;) No worries. I admit I'm a bit sad to lose Thomas, he grew on me. But them's the breaks.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yeah, I'm sorry to see [b]Thomas[/b] go too. It doesn't look too good for the others on the elevator either. You should probably stop reading this thread at this point to avoid spoilers. You're free to choose a replacement character, but you might wish to wait. We're getting close to the end of the chapter (probably in May), and a whole bunch of new characters will be added for Chapter 2. It's already too late to save [b]Thomas[/b] even if [b]Horst[/b] and [b]Buzz[/b] wanted to do so. They may need saving from him once he rises up as a zombie... :twisted:

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm
by Silver Priest
ooc,That's fair. If it's alright can I take over Flip? It may be a short time playing him but I kind of want to see if any of the characters survive.:P

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you can have [b]Flip[/b]. He's been abandoned for quite a while. He is currently grabbed by the creature (which is too strong for him to break free) and indefinitely insane, but he's yours if you want him. Maybe he'll even survive. I'll send you his secrets in a PM. You can go ahead and post for him once you've read his secrets.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:19 pm
by Silver Priest
Flip knows the demon has him, and he's being dragged to hell. It was a long time coming, he had committed many sins in his life. But maybe he could yet do some good.

Knowing that guns don't hurt the thing, he tries his boot, hoping to connect. He doubts it would do anything either, but at the moment he's trying to make himself as big a nuisance to this thing as possible and help as many of the others escape as he can.
Kick 44%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
"Keep tazing it Mutt!" He calls to the man inside the thing's gullet. "It ain't like the Light! The rest of you run, you don't need to be judged! Horst, hit it with the Flames of God's Judgement! Satan cannot abide the Lord's Light!" He begins to laugh, tears running down his face. The thing will burn, and so will he in the purifying flames of God. A baptisms to wash away all his myriad sins. He'd be as pure as a newborn babe!

"Cleanse me Horst! Cleanse me of my sins!"

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:23:12 AM
In the shaft room-
"I will, my son!" Horst called down the shaft to Flip as he stood ready with the flamethrower. "I will have mercy on you, for you are faithful to me! I bear the flames, and I will burn the demon!"

Kerry squirmed and shrieked in Buzz's grasp as the elevator got closer to the top.

In the shaft-
Flip kicked the monster hard, but it did not seem to react to the blow. Instead, the black goo got on his boot and dissolved its way through the leather. He recalled the boots of those suits they had found in the decontamination chamber, and how their soles had been eaten through.

The creature attempted to engulf Rosie, but it missed due to the motion of the elevator in spite of the fact that she wasn't moving at all. The elevator was now nearly at the top.

Inside it, the goo continued to eat away at Mutt and Ashley. All Ashley could do was keep screaming, but Mutt managed to tase it again. It wasn't enough to stop the thing, but he was definitely hurting it.
OOC,Abomination's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Rosie[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mutt[/b]'s Fist/Punch roll (63% skill) attacking the abomination with the taser: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to abomination from taser: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Flip[/b], you may act again.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:32 am
by Silver Priest
Flip continues to struggle. He kicks out again.
Kick 44%,[dice]0[/dice] Damn these rolls that don't matter. I'll just say I kick with his other shoe if allowed. [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
"Bless you Horst! Be His Avenging Angel!

"Keep it up Mutt! The Light of Judgement rebukes the Demon! It must be sanctified!
"

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:18 am
by Mr. Handy
10:23:24 AM
In the shaft room-
Flip kicked the monster with his other boot, with much the same result. It didn't seem to damage the beast, but the black goo began to dissolve the leather. Then the elevator reached the top of the shaft.

The monstrosity loomed over Horst and Buzz. It was just about to strike when Buzz lunged forward with his electric prod and struck it. The cattle prod-like device shocked it and left it immobile. However, within it Mutt and Ashley were still being eaten slowly. Mutt finally blacked out from the pain, but he had at least done some serious damage first.

Buzz had had to release Kerry in order to strike the thing, as it required both of his hands. She ran shrieking back into the decontamination chamber.

"Burn in hell, you fiend!" roared Horst. "This is the fate of all who disobey me!" He fired a stream of flame from the tip of his improvised flamethrower, but he had misjudged the range slightly. The flames stopped mere inches from it.

Rosie came to her senses, but she was still held fast, as were Earl and Flip.
OOC,[b]Kerry[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 38) for seeing the abomination: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Large Club roll (58% skill) attacking the abomination with the electric prod: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to abomination from electric prod: [dice]1[/dice] Duration of stun: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Flamethrower roll (5% x 2[point blank] x 2[confined space] = 20% base skill) shooting at the abomination: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Flip[/b], you may act again.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:14 am
by Silver Priest
OOC:   With the monster being immobilized, is there any chance Flip can break free now?  

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, it still has you in its grip. It just can't attack while it's stunned.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:32 am
by Silver Priest
"Yes! Strike it again!" Cries Flip. "It is powerless against the Divine Light! The rest of you run, lest ye be judged! " He's laughing so hard he's choking.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
10:23:36 AM
In the shaft room-
Buzz struck the motionless monstrosity again. It looked in bad shape now, and it probably wouldn't be able to withstand much more. Horst, cackling madly, let loose another gout of flames, and yet again they fell a little short. Again, he didn't seem to notice. Kerry's screams faded into the distance, and everyone else was either in the creature's grasp or inside the creature itself, so fleeing wasn't an option, as much as they would have like to do so.

Then Thomas began to stir and rose to his feet, his eyes red with fury. "Behold!" cried Horst. "My holy flames have resurrected him! Rise, Thomas, and walk!"
OOC,[b]Buzz[/b]'s Large Club roll (58% skill) attacking the abomination with the electric prod: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to abomination from electric prod: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Flamethrower roll (5% x 2[point blank] x 2[confined space] = 20% base skill) shooting at the abomination: [dice]1[/dice] Everyone must roll Sanity for seeing zombie [b]Thomas[/b]. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D8 if you fail. However, [b]Flip[/b] does not need to roll. He has already lost 7 Sanity for seeing zombies, so he can only lose 1 more, which he will do whether he succeeds or fails. [b]Flip[/b], you may act now.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:31 am
by Silver Priest
Even in his delusion, somewhere in Flip's head he knew Thomas was one of the wicked.

"No, Horst, do not fall for its trickery! It's one of the devil spawn! Cleanse it with your holy flames!"

He kicks out at Thomas with his foot, hoping to strike at the foul creature and make it focus its ire on him. Horst was The Lord's avenging angel, and must be protected from the devil's minions-- but Flip would become a sineater, and take all of the group's sins on to himself. And then they would be purged in the glorious Light of The Lord.
Kick 44%,[dice]0[/dice] Of course the one that might have actually done something misses.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:23:48 AM
In the shaft room-
"The demon has possessed him!" shouted Horst. "It must be destroyed, and then he shall be free!" Horst sprayed another burst of flame at the monster, missing badly as he blinked suddenly.

Buzz tried to jab the beast with his prod again, but this time it discharged harmlessly in the air.

The creature began to stir again, letting out an enormous burping sound. Then it grew to tremendous size, filling nearly the entire elevator!

Rosie took the sight of Thomas as a zombie in stride, far more affected by the enormous thing that had grabbed her. "Don't hurt him!" she pleaded. "We can find a cure!"

Earl panicked and tried to flee, but he was stopped by the mighty tentacle around his waist. Flip tried to kick the zombie, but instead it grabbed his leg with its one good arm and hauled him in, starting to crush him in a deadly embrace.
OOC,[b]Earl[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 54) for seeing zombie [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss (maximum 6): [dice]4[/dice] [b]Earl[/b]'s Idea roll (70% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]6[/dice] Type and duration of temporary insanity: [dice]7[/dice] [dice]8[/dice] [b]Rosie[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 37) for seeing zombie [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 49) for seeing zombie [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] Sanity loss (maximum 7): [dice]5[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 48) for seeing zombie [b]Thomas[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Flamethrower roll (5% x 2[point blank] x 2[confined space] = 20% base skill) shooting at the abomination: [dice]9[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Large Club roll (58% skill) attacking the abomination with the electric prod: [dice]10[/dice] Random target for zombie [b]Thomas[/b] (1=[b]Earl[/b], 2=[b]Rosie[/b], 3=[b]Horst[/b], 4=[b]Flip[/b], 5=[b]Buzz[/b]): [dice]11[/dice] Zombie [b]Thomas[/b]'s Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Flip[/b]: [dice]12[/dice] Zombie [b]Thomas[/b]'s Grapple attack (12.5% chance) on [b]Flip[/b]: [dice]13[/dice] [b]Flip[/b], you may act again.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:06 pm
by Silver Priest
Flip tries to punch Thomas, aiming for his head.
punch 68%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
"Keep attacking the large demon!" He yells. "Don't worry about me, my sin shall be consumed!"

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:24 AM
In the shaft room-
"The holy cleansing flames shall consume you!" shrieked Horst. "I am God's instrument of vengeance, and he has given me this world!" He stepped closer to the monstrosity and sprayed it dead on with raging fires while Buzz stuck it one more time with the prod. The thing collapsed into a puddle of goo, which the fire burned away into nothing. There was no sign that anything was left of Mutt or Ashley. The two crates full of weapons remained on the elevator, one sealed and the other open. Buzz's open crate also lay nearby.

Earl took off as soon as the creature was destroyed, fleeing into the decontamination chamber. Rosie hurried after him.

Flip's punch hit Thomas in the nose and seemed to do a little damage, but not enough to bring him down. Thomas began to squeeze, and Flip could feel his ribs start to crack, but there was a limit to how much damage he could do with one arm.
OOC,[b]Horst[/b]'s Flamethrower roll (5% x 2[point blank] x 2[confined space] + 10[very large creature] = 30% base skill) shooting at the abomination: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to abomination: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Large Club roll (58% + 10[very large creature] = 68% skill) attacking the abomination with the electric prod: [dice]2[/dice] Zombie [b]Thomas[/b]'s Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Flip[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] Zombie [b]Thomas[/b]'s Grapple damage to [b]Flip[/b]: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice] [b]Flip[/b], it is your turn to act again.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:09 am
by Silver Priest
"YES! You are The Lord's Avenging Angel!" Flip shouted, completely lost in his delusions. How had he ever doubted Horst? After all, who could kill a demon except one favored by God?

He tries to punch Thomas in the head once again.
Punch 68%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:27 am
by Mr. Handy
10:24:12 AM
In the shaft room-
Flip's second punch caved in Thomas's skull, and he collapsed, motionless.

"Well done, faithful servants!" cheered Horst. "The martyr Mutt will be remembered forever when I write the history of this day."

"Fuhrer, the hostages escaped," said Buzz.

"No matter, we no longer need them. We have what we came for. Take up your crate and bring it on the elevator. We're going home!"

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:24 am
by Silver Priest
Flip gives Thomas an extra kick for good measure. He hadn't liked the kid-- he was a weak and spineless coward, and would have had no point in the new world they were going to usher in. But he had tried to get at the weapons right before his end, so perhaps he could have been molded into a real soldier. Nothing they could do for him now-- he was likely in hell, like all the unsaved.

"Mutt will be missed. He was the one who exposed the devil's weakness,and he fought on even when the fiend swallowed him. I know he has gone to his just reward."

He feels a bit of fear at the thought of going down there-- who knew how many more demons there were? The sign had said demons after all, suggesting there was more than one. But he shakes off the fear. They were God's chosen, and would purge the world of all demons and their servants. They could do nothing to them.

"Fuhrer, do we have any grenades or tasers within these boxes? If we meet an more of the demons, I want to be ready for them." He moves and winches slightly, the demonic Thomas having given him a good squeeze. He tries to fix his wound, and does a great job at it.
First Aid,I forget what the Base First Aid skill is, but i'll assume 10 for the moment. [dice]0[/dice] Fairly sure that's a success. Might even be a crit, so I'll roll double just in case: [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:25 AM
In the shaft-
Buzz carried the third crate onto the elevator and stacked it on top of the other two. Horst led Flip onto the elevator and pulled the switch, and it once again began its descent. Horst buckled his belt, suddenly realizing that he had left it undone. Flip then bandaged his cracked ribs, which thankfully had not broken. He did an excellent job of it, and they would heal nicely.

"We have grenades in one of the open crates," said Horst, "but no tasers in this shipment. It's mostly guns and ammo, but that's what we need to arm our men so we can conquer the world. Help yourself to some grenades, you've earned them."
OOC,The base skill for First Aid is 30%, so that is a critical. Your more serious wound is for 2 points of damage, so I'll allow it to heal the maximum for that one. You may roll First Aid again for the other wound if you wish. [b]Earl[/b] and [b]Rosie[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Down the Hatch

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 am
by Silver Priest
Flip tries to patch up his more minor wound.
First Aid 30%,[dice]0[/dice]
He frowns as something occurs to him.

"Now that we don't have anyone else, it's probably gonna be hard for us to carry all three of the crates and still be ready if more demons show up. Maybe we should try and get some of the others to come back with us. Most of them are worthless, but a few of them look like they have some skill with a gun-- and you don't need much skill to carry a crate. And with the apocalypse upon us, our compound's the most secure place in the world. Chances are, they'll be beggin us to let them in." He smiles a nasty grin, imagining some of the favors he could extract.

He takes as many grenades as he can carry, up to four.

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:30 am
by Mr. Handy
10:26 AM
In the shaft-
"We can manage the crates," said Buzz as the elevator descended, taking four of the hand grenades. "I can carry mine by myself, and you two should be strong enough to lug the others."

Horst nodded, helping himself to four grenades as well. There were 8 left, plus the grenade launcher and 30 rounds for it. "If you're too badly hurt to manage your crate by yourself," he said to Flip, "we can always consolidate the two open crates and put the rest of the grenades in with the guns. But you don't look too bad off. We can't trust those other people. If we hadn't had hostages, they probably would have tried to kill us, and we'd have had to kill them. That Marine looked tough and knew what he was doing, and it would be good to have him on our side. They know where our compound is. If they really want to join us, they can come beg us. I'm not wasting any more time going back for them."

Buzz helped Flip with his burns from where the tentacle of black goo had grabbed him. It still hurt a little, but he felt all right.
OOC,[b]Buzz[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating [b]Flip[/b]'s injury: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 am
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Did Mutt's rifle survive? If so, I'd like to have Flip pick up that. Failing that he'll look through the boxes for a good gun that can fire a burst as a last resort.  
"I'm fine," Flip assures the others. "The demon burnt me, but it was a minor one. Thanks Buzz. And understood, Fuhrer." He finishes scrounging for weapons and remains vigilant. Until they're back at base he wouldn't feel entirely comfortable.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:27 AM
In the shaft-
"Any time," said Buzz.

Mutt's and Ashley's possessions had been thoroughly ruined by being inside the creature. The rifle was barely recognizable as having been one, and there was very little left of anything smaller. Their bones were still visible, but all of the flesh had been stripped clean. Flip did find some burst-capable weapons in one of the open crates: two M4 carbines, little brothers to the M16s that Horst and Buzz had already taken, and a pair of M3 Grease guns, submachine guns that could fire bursts but lacked single shot capability. There were also numerous magazines for both weapons. Flip wasn't particularly skilled in either type of weapon, though if he were spraying lots of bullets around, it wouldn't matter as much. A carbine would be easier to use than an SMG. All of the weapons in the crates had been packed in grease, and they would need to be cleaned off before they could be used reliably.

The elevator continued its descent. How far down did this shaft go?

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:34 am
by Silver Priest
Flip takes the M4 carbine and starts to clean it. No time like the present, and if there were any more demons like Thomas, he wanted to be able to blow them away.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy
10:28 AM
In the shaft-
Flip took one of the M4 carbines and used one of the packing sheets to wipe it clean of the grease. There were also plenty of magazines for it in the crate. He would want at least one to load it and some spares as well.

Horst and Buzz held their M-16s ready as the elevator kept going down the seemingly bottomless shaft.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:02 am
by Silver Priest
Flip loads his gun,and takes as many spares as he feels he can confidently carry. He could always give some to the others once they reached the compound, but if there were any other demons in the way he wanted to be prepared.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:29:12 AM
In the shaft-
Flip took ten magazines, loading one into his carbine and putting the others in belt pouches. Horst and Buzz helped themselves to magazines as well.

In the tunnels-
The lift finally reached the bottom of the shaft. To the left and right, a wide circular tunnel stretched off as far as everyone could see - which was not far at all, considering that the lift's light was the only source. The tunnels were perfectly round and smooth, as if burrowed by a drill. They formed a straight line and were about the same size as a standard subway tunnel. It was clearly impossible for them to have come about from natural forces.

At the bottom of the shaft, only a few feet from the lift and still in the pool of light emanating from it, were two Air Force uniforms of a very outdated style. Next to the uniforms were another improvised flamer, an electrical device that resembled a cattle prod, and two M1911A1 .45 automatic pistols. Strangely, there was no sign of any bodies - not even skeletons.

Coating parts of the walls in places were streaks of black sludge that reminded the survivors of the creature they had encountered in the shaft above. Then a chanting sound echoed through the tunnels that disturbed them even further. The chanting did not quite sound human, and it seemed to be coming from all directions. It went:

"Ce’haiie ep-ngh fl’hur G’harne fhtagn,
Ce’haiie fhtagn ngh Shdde-M’ell
Hai G’harne orr;e ep fl’hur
Shudde-Me’ll ican-icanicas fl’hur orre’ G’harne."

"Uh...which way do we go?" asked Buzz.
OOC,[b]Flip[/b], you may roll Navigate and Track, both of which have a 10% base skill, and Spot Hidden. Also, please roll STR x 5 to see if you can carry a crate by yourself.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm
by Silver Priest
"One of us needs to take the shocker and flamer if we have room," Flip suggests, taking the cattle prod if he can. "The demons don't like them-- and it sounds like there are more of them down here."

He tries to find the way forward using his rudimentary tracking skills.
Navigate 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
Track 10%,[dice]1[/dice]
Spot Hidden 37%,[dice]2[/dice]
Str 70%,[dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tunnels-
Flip hefted one of the crates and saw that he'd have no trouble carrying it. He also noticed that there was a small compartment in the lift that could be opened.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:13 am
by Silver Priest
"Hey, look at that," Flip points out the compartment, cautiously flipping it open.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy
In the tunnels-
Flip opened the compartment to reveal an old-style flashlight.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:06 am
by Silver Priest
"It's A flashlight," Flip says, offering it to Buzz if he wants it. "I can't figure out where to go down here, that damn chanting is messing with my head."

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
10:30 AM
In the tunnels-
Horst lifted his crate with no problem at all.

Buzz looked around while he took the flashlight and duct taped it to his crate. Then he flicked it on, shining the beam in both directions. "There!" he said, pointing to the left. "Footprints, heading from the tunnel to the elevator. Bare feet, too. They must have been left by Kerry and Debbie when they escaped through the tunnels. That's the way we need to go."

"Excellent," said Horst. "Let's get going."
OOC,[b]Horst[/b]'s Navigate roll (10% base skill) in the tunnels: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s Track roll (31% skill) in the tunnels: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Horst[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (80% stat) in the tunnels: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Navigate roll (10% base skill) in the tunnels: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Buzz[/b]'s Track roll (55% skill) in the tunnels: [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 am
by Silver Priest
Flip nods and starts walking.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
10:31 AM
In the tunnels-
Flip took the cattle prod, while Buzz grabbed the flamethrower and loaded the two pistols into his crate. Then everyone set out down the tunnel to the left. Periodically, they saw slicks of a sticky black sludge on the walls. It looked like it had come from the monster they had just fought. After a couple hundred yards, Buzz's flashlight beam fell on four perfectly round rocks lying on the ground.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:16 pm
by Silver Priest
Cautiously, Flip approaches and kicks one of the rocks without much force. Just to see if anything happens.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy
In the tunnels-
The tunnel was about the width of a subway tunnel.

Flip approached the rocks and kicked one of them lightly. It rolled a little, much like a soccer ball would, though the rocks were somewhat smaller. Nothing else appeared to happen.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:34 pm
by Silver Priest
"We should keep moving," Flip says, and continues.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:32 AM
In the tunnels-
"Yeah," said Horst. "We've got a long, long way to walk." He, Buzz, and Flip ignored the rocks and continued on down the tunnel. It seemed to go on forever.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:32 pm
by Silver Priest
Flip keeps moving, eager to get back to the compound.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:39 am
by Mr. Handy
10:33 AM
In the tunnel-
The skinheads kept walking. They couldn't see very far ahead due to the darkness, as the flashlight's beam didn't penetrate much of it.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 pm
by Silver Priest
Flip continues forward, jumpy and on the lookout for any demons to emerge out of the shadows; when they did, he'd be ready for them.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:23 am
by Mr. Handy
10:34 AM
In the tunnel-
Everyone kept going. Nothing jumped out of the shadows at them, at least not yet.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:57 am
by Silver Priest
Flip remains vigilant.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
10:35 AM
In the tunnel-
"We've gone almost half a mile," said Buzz. "We've got about another five and a half miles to go."

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:09 pm
by Silver Priest
Flip gets a lear on his face. "Damn shame that Kerry got away from us. I would have liked to welcome her back home all proper like." He cackles.

"Lucky for me there's a lot of other lovely ladies waiting for me." He looks to Buzz, "Who you thinking of saying hi to first?'"
Mr.Handy,This would be a great time for another blob monster to appear and eat them all. ;)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:36 AM
In the tunnel-
"I got a hankering for Lara," said Buzz with a grin. "She's very...flexible. But I also like Zoe a lot. She's so feisty."

"My favorite is Katarina," said Horst. "Easily the most beautiful of all our girls."

"Alicia's pretty hot too."

"Not young enough for my tastes."
OOC,You think you're going to get off that easy? :twisted:

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:19 am
by Silver Priest
Flip says nothing to that last comment, but shifts uneasily. He's not a particularly nice man, but Horst's tastes were a bit extreme even for him. He continues walking, staying alert.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
10:37 AM
In the tunnel-
"It is too bad we lost Kerry," said Buzz. "Still, one less mouth to feed. Gotta think of that now. We have a lot of survival supplies, but they won't last forever."

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:37 am
by Silver Priest
"That's true," Flip adds. "Time to trim the fat. Any of the girls more trouble then they're worth, better we deal with them. At least with everything going on we don't have to worry about being discrete.

"What are our plans, Fuhrer? After we get back home, i mean. I'd love to pay those folks at the diner a visit, especially Hammond after the bastard tried to off us. And they need to pay after what they did to a lot of good men."

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:38 AM
In the tunnel-
"Yeah," said Horst, rubbing his hands as they walked. "We'll get the rest of the guys and go teach them a lesson. Maybe we'll pick up a couple of those waitresses after all. And Hammond has to die, nice and slow..."
OOC,This concludes Chapter 1. Zombie Apocalypse will continue in Chapter 2: The Quick and the Undead.

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:42 am
by Mr. Handy
The story continues in Chapter 2, in the following thread:

Hell Down Below