IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean nods. "I'll take care of it.' He hopes it does not come to that, but he's not about to let the infected trucker compromise their mission or Brigetta's safety.

"As for the truck, I don't see why not, but we could use it as a distraction too. There's too many of us to take the helicopter. One of us could get in the truck and try to attract the attention of any of those things that get to close, and lead them off away from here."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 5 months

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie catches the breath..and looks around, looks behind. "we need some distraction..to slow that horde down." then continue running towards helicopter, trying to keep pace with Jim.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:46 AM
On the road-
Bo and Bob finally reached the landing site, and Stephanie and Jim were close behind them.

At the landing site-
Wallace waved as the helicopter approached, and now everyone could see and hear it. It landed as close as possible to the assembled fuel barrels, and the pilot cut the engine. She was a beautiful woman with auburn hair, wearing a flight jacket over her State Police uniform. She unstrapped herself and threw open the door as the rotors were still slowing down. "Trooper Erica Spears," she said by way of greeting. "My fuel tank's absolutely dry. It's a miracle I was able to make it even this far. Let's refuel my bird fast! I don't like being on the ground in the middle of this mess."

"Trooper Bo Richards," said Bo with a grin. He and Bob helped Wallace carry the first barrel over to the chopper.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Listen roll (49% skill) to overhear [b]Brigetta[/b] and [b]Sean[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Erica[/b]'s Pilot Helicopter roll (77% skill) landing the helicopter: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Sean Blank, National Parks service." He gets to work, helping the others with the barrels. Every once in awhile he looks behind him for any signs of the infected. He gives Jim a nod when the man catches up to them, relieved to see he's okay.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

"We are glad you made it here, Trooper Spears, I'm Dr Brigetta Housman. I'm the doctor who needs to get to the lab in Omaha; I've got the relevant data for a cure.

"We passed a large group of infected people on the way here and they are probably heading this way. We must be in the air before they get here.
Now what can we do to get you refuelled as fast as possible?" Brigetta also smiles at Jim.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

As soon as Jim catches up, he immediately gets to work refueling the chopper. His countenance is grim as he knows the infected will get to them before they can refuel. He goes over the options in his mind.

"So let's get the fuel unloaded from the truck. Maybe we can take the truck back towards the infected and draw them away while you finish fueling the chopper. Jim says to the others working.

"Nice to meet you Erica. I'm Jim Kerr. How many people can you take on the chopper? He says a bit louder to Erica.

He's already counting people in his mind while he waits for an answer. Erica, Sean, Brigetta, Bob and maybe Stephanie fly away. That leaves Wallace, Bo and him with the truck. He looks over at Wallace, wondering how good of a driver he is.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Great idea, Jim," Sean says, glad they're on the same page. "Think you can handle it, Wallace? Drive back towards the infected, attract their attention, and lead them away from here. Being in the truck you should be able to outrun them." It also nicely worked out for the rest of them; Wallace would die and turn someplace far enough away to not threaten any of them, they'd free up a seat in the helicopter for someone not infected, and he wouldn't have to kill a man who had been nothing but helpful to them in cold blood.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:47 AM
At the landing site-
When Jim and Stephanie arrived at the helicopter, they saw that the others had already had the foresight to unload the fuel from the truck, which would save time.

"My chopper holds five," said Erica, hooking up the fuel pump to the first barrel and getting it going, "and I'm flying it, so that means I can take four of you to Omaha. I gather you two ladies are the scientists I need to get there, so that leaves two more seats. And before you ask, no, I can't cram any more inside. Five is already pushing it, and any more than that will burn extra fuel we can't spare."

"I should go too," said Bob. "Can't hurt to have a co-pilot, not to mention a skilled mechanic."

"That mob is filling the whole road," said Wallace, "and my truck isn't suited for going off road. That means I'd have to go through them. Maybe I could make it, but maybe not. If not, that means that with the police car dead, anyone who doesn't go in the chopper will die. Including me."
OOC,It will take either a Persuade roll, which has a 15% base skill, or a Fast Talk roll, which has a 5% base skill, to convince [b]Wallace[/b] to try it. Everyone may make only one attempt on one of those two skills.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I better go as well. Not to brag, but I killed three skinheads on the way here who were holding up a truck stop. We're going to need someone who can shoot, if the worst happens." He looks with regret at his friend Jim. They were best friends and he loved the guy like a brother. But Dr. Hausman had to come first, for all their sakes.

"Well unfortunately we don't have any other options," he tells Wallace. "I guess you could all head off on foot, but chances are you'd get tired and I'm not sure these things do. And if they reach us, like you said there's a whole horde of them, we'll never be able to hold them off while refueling this bird at the same time. This distraction is the only chance we've got."
persuade 15%,[dice]0[/dice]
But he sees he's not getting through. Hopefully one of the others would.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Pesuade,20%[dice]0[/dice]
"Wouldn't your truck just mow them down?" Brigetta sees the look on Wallace's face and desists that argument. She looks at the truck.

"What if we refuel as much as we can before they get here and then the truck follows the helicopter and then we refuel again later." She suggests but she hasn't got a clue about the technicalities of fuel and flying.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Fast talk 44 [dice]0[/dice]
"Wallace, I'm not sure what choice we have. Jim says. "But I tell you what, I'll go with you. It beats walking with shrapnel in my ass."

Jim smiles a bit ruefully as he looks over to Sean. "Trading in your wingman for a redhead this time. Not like it hasn't happened before, eh Sean."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I don't think it's ever been a redhead, at least," Sean smiles, but quickly grows serious. "Sorry, Jim, but getting Dr. Hausman to Omaha has to take precedence. Be safe. You better not die out there; Still owe me a beer."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Sure thing buddy. I'll meet you in Omaha." Jim replies. "Just make sure you and the doctor save the world first."

Jim will keep an eye out on how close the mob is coming.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Brigetta retrieves her laptop and notes from the truck and puts them in the helicopter. Then she says to everyone,
"You'd better get that fuel in quickly. I'll help where I can."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Persuade,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:48 AM
At the landing site-
Stephanie made an impassioned speech, emphasizing to Wallace that the fate of the entire human race was at stake. Finally, he nodded in acceptance. "All right," he said. "I'll do it. I think I'll just be able to plow through them, as long as they don't clog the wheels and bog the truck down. But I'm good enough I should be able to make it. If I get through them, going by their behavior, they should follow me and leave the chopper alone. That will buy you enough time to fuel the chopper and take off for Omaha. I guess I'll have to head back to the truck stop and hope the place is still there."

"I'll ride shotgun with you," said Bo. "Once we get back there, we can do something about the remaining skinheads and set up defenses against that horde. There will be more people there, which will give us a better chance."

"Thanks, guys," Wallace said to Jim and Bo. "Well, no time like the present. Let's hit the road."

Looking back, Jim could see that the mob was swarming around the police car, completely ignoring it on their way along the road. The car was not itself blocking the road, as Bo had had the foresight to pull over to the side as the engine had been dying.
OOC,You should post what you're saying or doing in addition to making a roll from now on, but that's a good success for [b]Stephanie[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean is relieved, and shoots Stephanie an appreciative look. "I can see why you took her under your wing," He tells Brigetta.

Then he heads over to Jim. "Take care of yourself, man." and he gives him a hug. This is not typical behavior for him. But he leans in and tries to whisper to his friend.

"The trucker is infected and is going to be dead within a few hours. Make sure you keep an eye on him." Then he pulls away, covering his words up with a loud laugh as if his friend had just said something amusing, and wonders back to start fueling their ride.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

JIm nods to Sean as their hug ends. Since the fuel is unloaded from the truck, they might as well try to lead the mob away from the copter sooner rather than later. There's no telling if they will be effective but any diversion will give the others more time to fuel up.

"I hate long goodbyes so let's just get the hell out of here." Jim says to Bo and Wallace. He's too wired to feel any emotions right now as he checks his gun to make sure it's loaded.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Good luck Jim. Good luck Bo and, Wallace, mind that headache; let someone else drive if it gets too much."
Dr Haussmann watches the three men for a moment and then turns away with a heavy heart.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Stephanie kept silence and joined Dr. Haussmann , she was not sure about her talk with Wallace, how it went. but she knew It's only a matter of time that everyone to realize what we all are up against.
OOC,Is the chopper has any firepower/or firearms to spare? I also apologies if I have made any grammar mistakes while playing Stephanies'.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”