IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary holds up his bill and a twenty and tries to catch Ashley's eye.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Mallard »

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
"Ok, looks like its time to go", Dr Hausmann says to Stephanie, as she grabs her laptop from the table and unplugs the power-cord from the socket and follows the others outside

Willie
Willie groans, "I guess we're not waiting for Larry then, but looking at the news things are messed up out there. Guess we'd better try and capture the action" With that the cameraman extends his hand to Randall "Willie" he says.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I need help lifting the fuel hose to repair it. Let´s get this thing fixed." Bob points where to lift the hose from the frame of the helicopter.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David being shot down walks out to his rig and jumps in on his own lonesome. He puts on a tape of Guns & Roses.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean attempts to lift the hose and assist Bob in fixing their ride.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:

Lynne watches Bo walking away to his car, "Asshole."

She turns back to the tables, looking if anyone is still waiting for service. Hammond would kill her if she locked up the diner.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

Meanwhile Baldwin is still eating, "Any chance of another coffee here?"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I need help lifting the fuel hose to repair it. Let´s get this thing fixed." Bob points where to lift the hose from the frame of the helicopter.
Jim moves over to help Sean lift it up so Bob can get to work fixing it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:56 AM
In the diner-
Stephanie picked up her own laptop and left some money on the table to pay for the meal, then quickly followed Dr. Hausmann outside.

"The name's Randall," said Randall, giving Willie a strong handshake. "Thanks for the job." He went outside with Willie and Tisha.

"Be with you in a minute, dear," said Ashley to Gary as she passed him with the tray. "Got my hands full. Coffee's on it's way," she said to Baldwin. She made her way to Sally's table and put her order in front of her.

"I'll take care of that for you, hon," said Rosie to Gary, taking the money and the bill from him. "Be right back with your change."

In the parking lot-
Max disappeared into the junkyard.

David left the diner and approached his rig.

Bo got behind the wheel of his cruiser and checked his fuel gauge. Unfortunately, it was running low. He currently had only a quarter of a tank left. Of course, he could always fill up at the gas pumps outside the garage. They had regular unleaded gas, not just diesel for the trucks. He heard the following on the radio:

In Sidney a patrolman called in from his car: “Help! Anyone Help! The fire is out of control…the entire fire department is gone, just f***ing gone. The station house…there was blood everywhere…no one left alive. The city is f***ing crazy…. Everyone is out of control….. Holy s***! I can’t get through the crowd. They're all over the hood, climbing on it. Banging on the windows…I can’t get through…” Bo could overhear what sounded like snarling or moaning coming from the background. “Oh s***… oh s***…. They’re smashing the window in….. aaaaarrrrghhhhh……” Then the radio cut off.

From Kimball, he got a dispatch. “This is Kimball County Police HQ calling all units…Come in if you’re out there…This is Kimball County Police HQ calling all units…Is anyone out there?”

There was also a State Trooper. “This is State Trooper Joe Barring. I’m heading up I-80 Southeast of Sidney…Is there anyone out there?”

Jenny Cooper and Michael Walters entered the parking lot from the direction of the motel, heading for the diner.

Bob led Sean and Jim over to the helicopter, where he began to work on it with their help. The first thing they had to do was drain the fuel into the barrels he had already collected so that they could work on the chopper's fuel system.
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Luck roll (60% stat) to see how much fuel he has: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Sean[/b] and [b]Jim[/b], please roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill is 20%. [b]Bob[/b], you don't need to roll again, as you already succeeded on your roll earlier. [b]David[/b], it will take you one more minute to get aboard your truck and get it started. Everyone who just entered the parking lot who has not already done so earlier may roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Mechanical Repair 20 [dice]0[/dice]
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"This is State Trooper Bo Richards, at T-bone Diner on I-80, heading East. Safe so far. Over!"
TVblog

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean attempts to assist the others.
Mechanical Repair 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Tisha nods. "The way I see it, this benefits us both." She looks around briefly before heading to their car.
Spot Hidden 35%,[dice]1[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

"Thanks," Baldwin nods to Ashley.

His breakfast was nearly gone now, hopefully his truck's ready to go and he get out of this dump after his coffee.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:

"I'll get it Ashley," Lynne goes to fetch Baldwin his coffee.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:57 AM
In the diner-
After serving Sally, Ashley went over to Luke's table and poured him a mug from the coffeepot while Lynne filled one and served it to Baldwin. "Your food will be out in a couple minutes," Ashley told Luke.

Rosie returned and gave Gary his change. Then she tried to change the TV's channel, but all of the stations were either frozen as well or off the air, even the local ones.

"That can't be good," Duke said to Robert.

Jenny and Michael entered the diner, the little bell above the door tinkling when it opened.

Horst and Flip emerged from Hammond's back office, each carrying a cigar. Horst muttered something to Flip under his breath and took out his cell phone.
Flip,"That lyin' sack of s*** [b]Hammond[/b]..." grumbled [b]Horst[/b]. "Thinks he can f*** me over, does he?"
OOC,Everyone inside the diner may make a Listen roll. The base skill is 25% If successful, you may read the above spoiler button for [b]Flip[/b].
In the parking lot-
Azadeh entered the parking lot, on her way to the diner from the motel.

David started up the truck's engine and turned on the music, ready to hit the road.

Sean and Jim began to ably assist Bob in the helicopter repairs. In spite of their lack of training and familiarity, both of them proved naturally adept under Bob's instruction. Bob estimated that they could have the chopper refueled and working by around 11:30 AM if they worked on it without interruption. If more competent people helped them, they could possibly finish even faster.

"Good to hear from you, Bo!" replied Joe Barring over the radio. "I was worried nobody else was out there. I’m southeast of Sidney on I-80. Looks like there’s been some kind of fire in the middle of the city. Fires look out of control. Lots of people walking about. Up ahead, looks like I-80 is jammed up. Probably a car wreck. I’m going to check it out. Over.”

Tisha, Willie, and Randall got in the news van and started the engine.
OOC,Who's driving the van? Is [b]Bo[/b] actually getting on the highway and heading east now, or is he still staying in the parking lot or going to refuel his car first?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo replies over the radio, while still stationary outside the diner, "Just make sure you get past and over to the T-bone. There is help here. A lot of places have been overrun by mobs. Don´t act without any backup. Over." As he clicks off he looks at the doctor and entourage. He steps out and opens the passenger door to let them into the patrol car.

He revs the engine and slowly pulls off from the lights of the T-bone. David starts to whistle as the events of the day sinks in. "What a day..."

With the momentum of good teamwork, Bob smiles at Sean and Jim, "Looking good, keep on haulingm guys! Soon we´ll be refuelling."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
Those outside the diner could now see a dark trail of smoke coming from the area of Sidney, far to the eastern horizon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin - Listen(53%),Baldwin listen (53%): [dice]0[/dice]
Lynne - Listen(61%),Lynne listen (61%): [dice]1[/dice]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha starts the van and begins to pull out of the diner and head for the military base. Honestly, this place was starting to give her the creeps.

Sean nods. "Glad to help. You're a good teacher. We may want to grab one or two more folks though, get this done even faster." He looks towards the smoke. "I don't like the look of that."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]
"Thank you ma'am." Gary says as he puts three dollars on the table and pockets the rest of the change. As the skinheads come out, he settles back in his seat to finish his coffee as he doesn't feel like walking out with them.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”