IC-Wake Up Call(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-Wake Up Call(various)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo found to her surprise that the door to her husband's private room was locked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

How very odd! Mrs Foo knocks hard on the door,
"Mr Foo! What happening in there? Open the door!" she puts her good ear to the door and listens hard.
Listen,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:23 AM
In the motel lobby-
There was no answer on the other side of the door, and Ms. Foo could hear nothing through it. It was strange that her husband did not seem to hear her. What could be happening in there? She had never been in his private room before, at his instructions, but she did have keys to every room in the motel including that one.
OOC,[b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Listen roll (58% skill) to hear his wife: [dice]0[/dice]
In the motel room-
Having finished cleaning the room, Ellen stepped outside.

In front of the motel-
Ellen Cody,When [b]Ellen[/b] stepped outside, she saw two vehicles parked on the dirt road between the motel and the T-Bone, facing north. One was a white panel van, and the other was a large white pickup truck. A skinhead knelt in the back of the pickup truck, with a sniper rifle on a bipod fixed to the far end that he had trained on the diner. Another one was running back toward the van, and several more were entering the diner through the front doors. She realized that the running man held a detonator in his hand, and there was a satchel by the gas pumps. [spoiler]Spot Hidden roll (32% skill) looking at the skinheads: [dice]1[/dice][/spoiler]
"There's trouble at the T-Bone!" Ellen called, loud enough for Ms. Foo to hear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"There trouble here too!" Says Mrs Foo, sharply. "I hope Mr Foo he not have bad turn. You stay here while I get key." She says to Ellen and then rummages through her keys for the correct one.
Mr Handy,Where does Mrs Foo keep her gun?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:24 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ellen hurried into the lobby. "A bunch of those skinheads showed up at the T-Bone!" she gasped, out of breath. "They came in two vehicles, a van and a pickup. They parked in the dirt road between here and the truck stop. There's a sniper in the back of the pickup truck with his sights trained on the diner, and another skinhead just ran back to the van with a detonator in his hand! There's a satchel charge by the gas pumps! The rest of the skinheads all went into the diner. Charlie's in there! What can we do?"

Ms. Foo found the right key and unlocked the door to her husband's private room and stepped inside. Hopefully he would know what to do. She was surprised by what she saw. Mr. Foo sitting in a chair in front of a console of equipment that was probably high-tech in its day, though its day was long gone. His back was to the door, and he had headphones covering his ears, which explained why he hadn't heard the knocking and calling. He also had an MP-5 submachine gun strapped across his back and his antique sword in a scabbard on his belt. A suppressor was screwed onto the barrel of the MP-5. He was sweating profusely, wiping his brow with a handkerchief every so often.
Ms. Foo,You don't actually have a gun of your own, just the skill to use one. You do know that [b]Mr. Foo[/b] has a pistol, but the MP-5 is new to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo walks around to stand at her husband's side and get his attention. If he takes off his earphones she says,
"It all happening again, Mr Foo? Thinking of a time in their distant past when they had to survive against the odds.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:25 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ellen followed Ms. Foo into the private room.

In the private room-
Mr. Foo sprang up when his wife entered his field of vision and assumed a defensive stance automatically, then relaxed when he recognized her. He took off his headphones. "Something like that," he said after she spoke, "only worse. The world will never be the same."

Ellen gaped at her surroundings. "What is this place?" she asked. "Never mind, the world can wait. We've got trouble right across the road." She explained to him what he had told his wife. "We have to do something! Charlie's at the diner!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"No! We cannot go over there, it not safe for us. Charlie, he be okay. Maybe, Mr Foo we all go upstairs and look from balcony?" Says Mrs Foo. She is relieved to see her husband is okay, whatever his accessories.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:26 AM
In the private room-
"But what if he's not?" cried Ellen.

"We shall see what the situation is before we do anything," said Mr. Foo. "My wife is right that we need to get on the balcony. That will give us the high ground and a better view. I'll explain all this later - if there is a later. This way." He headed back out to the lobby, motioning for the women to follow. Ellen went along, still looking bewildered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo hurried after her husband after locking the door again. She might boss him around on a usual day but in a crisis, as in the olden days, Mr Foo was the boss.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:27 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo followed her husband and Ellen, who stepped outside through the front door. She could still see what was going on out there through the open door even before she stepped outside.

Outside the motel-
Mr. Foo and Ellen Cody stepped outside on their way to the balcony stairs, where they saw Michael and Jenny scurrying to Michael's car and getting inside. They looked surprised to see Mr. Foo carrying a large submachine gun with a suppressor attached to its barrel and wearing an antique Chinese sword on a scabbard on his belt. Two vehicles were parked on the dirt road halfway between the motel and the T-Bone, facing north. A white panel van with a skinhead in the driver's seat was parked in front of a large white pickup truck with another skinhead with a sniper rifle trained on the diner. Both men were focused on the diner and the area in the front of it, and they paid none of them any heed. The man in the van held a detonator in his hand as Ellen had said.

Outside the diner, the Lathan family exited in rather a hurry. There was an eighteen wheel truck parked next to the broken-down helicopter, and Baldwin was loading a barrel into the back of the truck with the help of another black man and the pilot. The satchel charge was also visible against one of the gas pumps.

"Are you all right?" Mr. Foo asked Michael and Jenny. "What is happening at the diner?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo looks with concern across the road and calls through the door. "Ellen, you wait!" And then in Mandarin she says,
Mr Foo,"Look, Mr Foo, that spiky young man in the truck has a detonator and there are the charges by the gas pump. I remember those from the old days and they go up with a whoomph! If we are outside when it happens then we are flatter than the burgers at the T Bone!"
Michael opens his window and speaks to Mr Foo.
"Yes thanks; we are just off to look at that meteorite that landed to the north. I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on over there, I think these skinheads are intent on talking to someone at the restaurant, I don't know who and I don't know why they are armed to the teeth."
He starts the engine.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:28 AM
Outside the motel-
The engine turned over, and Michael was able to start driving. "The meteorite came down several miles that way," said Jenny, pointing along the dirt road. "I guess we'll have to drive past the skinheads, but they left us alone so far."

Samantha rounded the far corner of the T-Bone, disappearing from sight, but the Lathans started to walk back toward the motel, their hands raised in the air. They soon reached the dirt road.

Mr. Foo groaned. "If they keep coming this way, the skinheads could look back at the motel," he said. "They must not see me armed." He ducked back into the lobby.

In the motel lobby-
Mr. Foo stood beside the window so that he could see out, though he kept his weapons out of sight from outside. He spoke to his wife in Mandarin.
Mr. and Ms. Foo,"I don't know how much explosives there are," he said, "but I doubt it's enough in that small charge to reach all the way to the motel, even when the gas cooks off. There's a football field's worth of distance between here and there. I'd hate to be in the diner if it blew, though. Unfortunately, my MP-5 is just the baby brother of an assault rifle. It doesn't quite have the range to hit reliably from here. It's a difficult shot, and while I would probably make it, I can't guarantee it. I'd need to sneak closer, but I can't do that while they might be looking this way. There's nothing but open ground between the motel and the road."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo replies to her husband in Mandarin. She sounds like she's telling him off and she's expressive with the use of her finger.
Mr Foo,Why would you want to blow up the gas pump? Think of the damage. And it would put the visitors off once the news got out. Now you be nice to this family and their sweet boys.
Michael steps on the accelerator and drives carefully out of the parking lot and onto the road, heading in the direction of the meteorite.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the motel lobby-
Mr. Foo spoke calmly in Mandarin.
Mr. and Ms. Foo,"You misunderstand," he replied. "I don't want to detonate the bomb. I want to kill the skinhead with the detonator so that [i]he[/i] cannot detonate it. Then I'll have to worry about the sniper, but I think I can take them both out quietly. I can use the van itself for cover when I go after the one with the detonator. With the pickup truck parked behind it, the sniper won't be able to see me. I just have to get up close to them without them looking in this direction."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:29 AM
Outside the motel-
Michael drove off onto the dirt road north of the skinheads' vehicles, with Jenny in the passenger seat. The skinheads glanced their way, but they did nothing.

The Lathans crossed the rest of the distance to the motel. The skinheads looked back at them until they were safely past, then returned their full attention to the diner.

Mr. Foo emerged from the motel's front door, still armed. "Good morning," he said.
OOC,[b]Jenny[/b] and [b]Michael[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Fallen Star
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony lets out a breath once they get past the skinheads without issue. That could have gone far worse.

He stars at Mr.Foo mouth agape as the armed man greets them as if it's the most natural thing in the world. But today had been weird so far.

"Hello there," he finally says, not wanting to tick off the motel owner. "We're just going to get a few snacks from inside the motel and then hit the road! ha, ha."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mr Foo,"Oh, of course! Yes, that would be an easy shot for you. I'll stay here. Take care, dear."
Mrs Foo cackles to her husband in Mandarin. She kisses him and then watches him go through the door. She sees the family coming forward and goes to sit behind the counter, reminiscing on the old days.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:30 AM
Outside the motel-
"Of course," said Mr. Foo. "My wife can check you out, sir." He removed a pistol from his inside jacket pocket and passed it and a small case of magazines for it through the door to Ms. Foo. "Hold on to these, dear, but stay inside. All of you should stay inside for now, just in case."

"Are you gonna kill those guys?" asked Bobby, his eyes wide. "That is so awesome! I wanna watch!"

"That would not be advisable. Stay in the motel, and don't go near the windows. If you hear gunshots, you'll know something went wrong. If you hear an explosion, you'll know something went very wrong."

"Be careful," said Ellen, ducking into the motel. The Lathan family entered the lobby as well.

Mr. Foo began to make his way stealthily toward the van. He had only gotten about halfway to the vehicles when the sniper suddenly looked back. "Nitro, behind us!" he called.
OOC,[b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sneak roll (66% skill) to approach the skinhead silently: [dice]0[/dice] Detonator skinhead's Listen roll: [dice]1[/dice] Sniper skinhead's Listen roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,Would Tony be able to see Mr.Foo had gotten himself caught?

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”