IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"There´s a man with chutzpah! He refuses to lie down. Let´s raise the odds for him to join us. HOLD ON!" Unbelieavably, he puts the truck in reverse once again to close the gap to Randall.
Now, if Randall could get in they could all take the road right and hope for a westbound back road.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha shakes her head, amazed that Randall was still going, but also secretly relieved.

Seeing she was looking(and feeling) better, she tries to work her magic on Willie.
First Aid 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
Amazingly she does a pretty good job fixing him up too. Huh, maybe I should have been a doctor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:07 AM
On the highway-
"Thanks, Tisha," said Willie, who promptly returned the favor.

Almost out of breath, Randall raced around the front of the truck, threw open the passenger side door of the cab, and squeezed inside, slamming it behind him. "Go!" he cried, leaning back and closing his eyes. "It burns like hell! I need a doctor..."

The three cannibals that had attacked him stumbled alongside the truck, heading for the cab. A fourth one had just rounded the van, and there were several more who had emerged from the bus some distance behind it.
OOC,[b]Willie[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating [b]Tisha[/b]'s second injury: [dice]0[/dice] HP restored to [b]Tisha[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Both of [b]Tisha[/b]'s injuries have been treated, but [b]Willie[/b] still has one untreated injury and [b]Randall[/b] has four. [b]Willie[/b]'s untreated injury is only for 2 damage, so a result of 3 on the 1D3 roll would only count as two.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Try and stay calm," Tisha instructed. She was glad Randall had survived, both for her own conscience as well as the fact he could give a hell of a story. But part of her was worried as well. She had not watched many zombie movies, but she seemed to recall their victims tended to come back as zombies when they died. Would something like that happen here? That man she had seen the woman eating just a few minutes ago had seemed to become one of them. Was that how it was spread?

No, she was a reporter, and reporters operated based on facts. Randall could still talk and was looking at her with less of a hungry look then David was. She'd do what she could to help him until the army got a look at him.

If possible, she leans forward and tries to help ease his wounds.
First Aid 30%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] Given the chaos I'm not sure if she could effectively treat him at the moment. If not, I'll just try and help [b]Willie[/b] again.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"All abouard!" David gets some road between the truck and the wounded. He looks after a right turn and calls on his lucky star for a westbound farm road towards Cheyenne. He stretches his left leg and eases off on the stress of the knee he had hit quite hard on the impact.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:08 AM
On the highway-
David pulled away. Their pursuers continued to lumber after the truck, but they were far too slow to keep up with it. They dropped back and soon disappeared into the distance. David drove on and was soon a mile away from the crash. It was another two miles to Potter and the turnoff.

Randall tied a tourniquet around his arm with consummate skill, and he and Willie treated his injuries from the collisions. "My parents wanted me to be a doctor," he said, "but I changed majors and went pre-law instead. I know enough to patch myself up a little, but I could use a real doctor. I think I've got a fever."
OOC,Yes, that's a good point. You can't really reach across [b]Willie[/b] to treat [b]Randall[/b] effectively, so I'll count that for treating [b]Willie[/b]'s second injury. He has now gotten back as many HP as he can from First Aid. [b]Randall[/b]'s First Aid roll (60% skill) treating himself: [dice]0[/dice] HP recovered from First Aid: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating [b]Randall[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] HP recovered from First Aid: [dice]3[/dice] Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden@25%

[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot Hidden 35%,[dice]0[/dice]
While they work on Randall, Tisha pulls out her phone.

"This is Tisha Roberts* With Channel 5 news, reporting live. Ten minutes ago on route to the local air force base, my camera man and I encountered individuals suffering from the strange disease spreading across the world. These individuals, despite having been in a serious bus wreck, showed no reaction to the pain and attempted to attack us. Even more alarming, we encountered a woman eating a man, who soon rose to his feet and pursued us as well! My team and I are alright, and presently heading towards the air force base to get an interview with officials there and learn what the military is doing to protect us from the threat. In the meantime, this reporter wants to stress that these people with this disease cannot seemed to be reasoned with. Do not, I repeat, do not approach them under any circumstance. This is Tisha Roberts signing off."
Oratory 65%,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   *I'm not sure she has a last name  
Satisfied with her report, Tisha puts the phone away. Hopefully she'd be able to transmit it soon. Hearing of Randall's discomfort, she frowns.

"We still don't know how this disease is spread. If you feel yourself getting worse, you need to tell us for all our safety, and we'll tie you up until we can get you some treatment to prevent any... loss of control on your part."
Fast Talk 80%,[dice]2[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:09 AM
On the highway-
Tisha couldn't quite keep her fear from coming through when she made her recording, but a part of her thought that nobody would ever see it.

"Yeah..." said Randall. "I'm not about to start eating people, but I don't feel so good...I think that bite infected me..."

From the way David looked at Tisha, she was sure he wouldn't mind if she tied him up too.

David progressed another mile, and was now only a mile away from the Potter exit. As he looked ahead, he could clearly see the woman who had been eating the man running in his direction. She must have run nearly a mile since he had first passed her! The man was visible too in the distance, as well, still coming their way, albeit slower. And even further in the distance, over two miles ahead, he could see a red Porsche 911 coming westward as well, toward him. There hadn't been any westward traffic earlier. He couldn't help admiring those wheels - and the beautiful woman driving. She was going extremely fast, apparently not realizing she was heading directly into danger.
OOC,[b]David[/b], your Spot Hidden (25% base skill) didn't roll, so I'll roll it for you: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Randall[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Randall[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 58) for being bitten: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (43% skill): [dice]3[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating [b]Randall[/b]'s third injury: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Randall[/b]'s First Aid roll (60% skill) treating his third injury: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Tisha[/b], you do have a last name, it just wasn't specified, so you were free to choose one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Randall's words don't inspire much confidence in Tisha. As soon as his eyes are off her, she nudges Willie and mouths Watch him.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David reacts in a heartbeat. He flashes the headlights, and lets the horn rip the air. A steady honk. He also waves his left arm out the window and moves it up and down in a gesture indicating - slow down. Deciding not to slow down himself but keeping to the right side.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:10 AM
On the highway-
Willie nodded and kept an eye on Randall, who disinfected and bandaged the bite wound on his arm.

"I hope I can make it to the base," said Randall. "I'm sure there will be doctors there, but will they even let me in? Maybe there's one closer. What about those scientists back at the T-Bone? Maybe they could help."

David steered his truck around the woman, who turned around after the truck passed and continued to chase after it, though with no hope of actually catching it. He likewise bypassed the man she had been eating. As they got close to the off ramp at Potter, everyone could see the red sports car approaching it from the east. The Porsche slowed down and came to a halt just before the turnoff.
OOC,[b]Randall[/b]'s First Aid roll (60% skill) treating his bite: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'm sure it will be fine," said Tisha. "The military will probably relish the chance to have an opportunity to treat someone in your condition. I can't imagine them turning you away."

She pays no attention to the car, reasoning that zombies probably could not drive.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David takes the turnoff to the right and checks for a sign of a road towards the west.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:11 AM
On the back roads-
David turned right onto a winding back road. While he was familiar with the major roads, he didn't usually venture off the beaten track. Other small roads branched off at various points, leading to various houses.

Behind him, Felice also got off of the highway and followed him down the road, hoping that he knew where he was going.

"The tourniquet will help me, buy me some time," said Randall. "Whatever this disease is, I think it spreads through the bloodstream. Cutting off the flow will slow it down."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Navigate. The base skill is 10%. [b]Randall[/b]'s Treat Disease roll (55% skill) treating himself: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Navigate 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
"The man who was being eaten by that woman seemed to become like her pretty quick," Tisha reasons. "So if you've not turned yet, chances are you'll be fine."

God I wish I believed that.

"Are you sure you know the way?" She asks David.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David slowly hit the brakes, while using the turnsignal to the right. "Pass me some of the first aid bandages, it hurts like a dog."
While fiddling with his wound, he says, "I´m 50% sure the road will take us towards the base. The highway was a no go, so we need another route. An alternative is to head further back to the T-bone and find a proper way. The odds are there are pile-ups there too. But, no, I dom´t lnow for sure this is the right way. I only hope this road bends right and takes us to the fly-boys." "I´m not planning to get my face eaten today." For once, he hasn´t a smile on his face.
Spoiler:
First aid 30%

[dice]0[/dice]

Navigate 10%

[dice]1[/dice]
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:12 AM
On the back roads-
The road curved right, then left, and David stopped at a crossroads while he tried in vain to treat his wound and find a route. The GPS wasn't working, of course.

"I almost know where we're going," said Randall. "Damn this headache."

"Relax, I know this region like the back of my hand," said Willie. "I can get us through to the base and avoid the cities and major roads. The sun's to our left, and it's morning, so that way's east. If we turn right here, we'll be heading west, with the sun at our back."

Felice had no choice but to stop behind the truck, as the road was not wide enough for her to pass it. She was totally lost, and she'd have no choice but to keep following it and hope the trucker knew where he was going. While she was stopped, she got out of the car and rummaged through her bags.
OOC,[b]Randall[/b]'s Navigate roll (10% base skill) to find a route through the back roads: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s Navigate roll (37% skill) to find a route through the back roads: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Felice[/b]'s Navigate roll (10% base skill) to find a route through the back roads: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thanks Willie." David gives gas and turns right along with the directions.
TVblog

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around," Tisha jokes.

She looks back at the woman following them. "Seems like we picked up a straggler." She was not too concerned however; at least, unless the woman started trying to eat them.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”