IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean nods at Bob. "I'm willing to help, but if time is of the essence and we need to bug out, we should take a car. Hopefully the trooper's is enough. If we need more room, well, I'm sure someone drove here. And we're on government business. Hopefully we can find someone willing to cooperate willingly and we won't need to make this... unpleasant." He'd prefer the easy way, but he was willing to do the hard.

Looking at Dr. Hausmann, he vowed he'd get her where she needed to go. No matter what. God and country depended on him. And more importantly, Dr. Hausmann.

Tisha frowned. "Sounds like another delay. We can't afford it." She stands up from the table and puts on her reporter smile.

"Hello everyone. My name is Tisha. I'm a reporter. We have an interview with the commander of the local air force base, but our sound man has flaked out, so we're hiring. It's a really easy job, you can learn how to do it in five minutes. Not only will we pay you, but you'll have the honor of being part of a story that goes down as historic. A great story to tell your grandkids. So, who's interested in being part of history?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:54 AM
In the diner-
The TV set suddenly froze on an image of London, showing the Houses of Parliament and the clock tower housing Big Ben on fire.
Baldwin,[b]Baldwin[/b] tried to pull up coasttocoastam.com on his phone, but the page was taking a long time to load. Eventually, it timed out on him. Had has provider blocked it? Wouldn't surprise him. He tried to bring up Reddit, but that too failed to load. He wasn't able to get an Internet connection at all. It could just be that there was no signal in here...or maybe [i]they[/i] had finally flipped the Internet Kill Switch. With everything else going on today, that wouldn't be a surprise either. He also couldn't help but wonder what [b]Hammond[/b] was up to with [b]Horst[/b]. Nothing good, he was sure of that.
David,PCs are free to make up their own minds, but if there's a particular NPC you want to go with you, please choose one and roll Fast Talk.
Tisha/Willie,PCs are free to make up their own minds, but if there's a particular NPC you want to go with you, please choose one and roll Fast Talk.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Laying his eyes on a cute blond in her late teens twenties, David leans in "Would you like to see the open road, honey? I even let you use my stick."
Spoiler:
Fast Talk @31%
[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Better lock this place down, Lynne. I´ll be back tomorra´. Bye ladies!" Bo tips his hat down and heads for the patrol car. "We´re a-leavin´."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Listening only to half the words from the two pals from the egg beater, Bob summerises, "Great, let´s do this as speedily as possible. Better to spend the time fixing a fast ride than sitting in a steet car for eternity." He backs away from the table and jogs back towrads the garage.
TVblog

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim looks at the others and shrugs, then follows Bob.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean also heads out.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]David[/b], the only NPC who fits that description is [b]Ashley[/b], and she's in the kitchen right now. However, she'll be out in a minute, and she can shoot you down then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Oh, I was thinking of Sally the treaveling nurse. I read the age wrong. Read the App, not the age!
TVblog

Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 1-The Beginning of the End-General Discussio

Post by Mallard »

Willie
Willie puts his head in her hands and lets Trisha do her thing. She is the boss, after all. He'd much rather wait, though.

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
Dr. Hausmann's face flushes "Sorry please don't worry, I'm just under a lot of stress right now". At that moment she looks up at the television showing the scenes from London. "Oh my god" says the Doctor, pointing up to the T.V screen. "Something very bad is happening. Maybe we all should be worried!"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha Fast Talk 80,No real NPC preference, so if it's okay with you Mr.Handy I'll just roll fast talk and you can determine any npc's that may be persuaded by the offer. [dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:
"Damn internet's down now!"

Baldwin puts his phone away and tucks back into his food, the best thing he can do is finish eating and then check on his truck before things get any worse. Hopefully he can get out of this dump before any of the rednecks decide to start lynching black folk.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:
"What do mean lockdown! I can't just close the place!"

Lynne looks in panic at the frozen image of Westminster burning and back to Bo, "Are those crazies coming here?!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Just lock up and stay quiet." Bo stops by the entry door and waits for his passengers to decide a plan of action.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:55 AM
In the diner-
Ashley emerged from the kitchen, carrying a tray piled with food and beverages. "Looks like CNN's frozen," she said. "Maybe someone should put on the local news."

Sally rolled her eyes at David and laughed. "I've heard a lot of pickup lines in my time, and that one has to be one of the top ten...worst."

Randall turned when Tisha spoke, apparently forgetting all about Lynne. "Hey, I'm your guy," he said. "I'm ready when you are. Once we pay, of course. I don't think they'd take too kindly if we skipped out."

Dr. Hausmann and Stephanie Bridges were now the only ones from their group remaining in the diner.

In the parking lot-
Bo followed Sean, Jim, and Bob outside, standing just outside the entrance. The parking lot extended over toward the garage, outside of which they could see Dave the mechanic working on an old clunker. Max the dog had gotten up and was trotting over to the junkyard.
OOC,[b]Bob[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha smiles, all sugar and sweetness. She pulls out her wallet and drops a few 20's on the table, not even bothering with the change. The service here took forever, and news didn't wait.

"Welcome aboard,"She tells Randall. "It's a simple job, I'll coach you on the way."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Bob´s SH@70%
[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo goes to the patrol car and turns the ignintion to see what the fuel sits at.
"Might have to trade me some gallon gas tanks from the shop."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Bo[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim moves quickly to catch up with Bob. "So what do you need me to do?" He says.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”