IC-Breakdown(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Re: IC-Breakdown(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

"You might be right but I'm not going anywhere near that thing. So unless you got a flamethrower, someone else is going up to burn it." Mitchell says emphatically.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:07 AM
In the garage-
"You're on the clock, you do what I say," said Earl. "Don't worry, we got you covered." He broke open his shotgun, loaded a fresh shell, and snapped it shut again. Hammond slid a new shell into his own shotgun to replace the one he'd fired.

"No, Mitchell's right," said Dave, standing beside him. "You don't pay us enough for that."

Earl rolled his eyes. "If you're too scared, Baldwin can do it. He's not scared of nothin'. That kid can help him, he looks strong enough. Who the hell is he, anyway?"
OOC,Everyone may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell moves to a spot where he has a clear path out of the garage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] heard five sets of footsteps approaching. There was a woman whispering, though he couldn't make out the words. He heard an unfamiliar man's voice say "I'm not really that good at defusing situations, especially not out here in the middle of nowhere." Then the woman said "I'll stay back here with the scientists."
Bo poked his head around the edge of the open bay and looked into the garage. "All good here?" he asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
"Wooa," said Bo. "Step back boys. That can be contagious. A hole in the head is never good." He pointed his shotgun at the men. "Gary, step carefully and don´t look at the floor."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Bo, that there is a real life zombie. It came crawling up out of the ground out in the junkyard and followed me and Wallace into the garage where the Boss blew its head off. Mitchell says excitedly as he moves to the garage bay doors.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:08 AM
In the garage-
Bo entered the garage, followed by Gary.

"Damn straight," said Earl. "I thought he was crazy 'til I saw that thing for myself."

"The bastard bit me!" called Wallace. "Hurts like hell, and my head feels like it's on fire. I think I need a doctor."
Gary,[b]Gary[/b] could see [b]Hammond[/b] and [b]Earl[/b] at the back of the garage, holding shotguns. [b]Dave[/b] stood off to the side, along with some tall kid he'd never seen before. [b]Dave[/b] gripped a wrench, and [b]Mitchell[/b], who had moved close to the door through which they had entered, held his baseball bat. [b]Baldwin[/b] was standing nearby with his revolver drawn, and [b]Wallace[/b] was in the cab of his truck with his rifle. But what got his attention the most was the dead man lying on the garage floor. He had been shot repeatedly by handguns and shotguns. He was nearly skeletal, much of the skin eaten away. One of the shotgun blasts had blown his face to bits. He wore coveralls and shoes. [spoiler][b]Gary[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 1/1D4+1. If you lose 5 Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Adding the day´s crazy occurances, the mention of a zombie did nothing to jar Bo. "Well, it ain´t moving now. Better get inside or more crazies might come at us. I heard other areas are overrun by crazy people. And bar the doors!" He backs out to Stephanie and the others. Still with the gun trained on the men.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Sanity 79 [dice]0[/dice]
Gary walks cautiously past the zombie on the floor. "Is the rig running? We need to get it out of the garage so we can shut the bay doors."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Outside, Bo says, "Let´s get to the patrol car and start off towards Brownston.", and waves to the scientists to follow.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:09 AM
In the garage-
"Mind where you point that thing, Trooper," said Hammond as Bo backed out of the garage.

"No, man," Wallace said to Gary. "This is my rig, and it's here being worked on. We went into the junkyard to find the part we need to fix it, but we left it there when that thing...I don't feel so good..."
OOC,[b]Bo[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Breakfast
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

"Fu##, this is one weird day."

Baldwin thought they were done for when the cop turned up, "Yeah Earl, I'll move the body no problem."

He looks at the broken down truck, "Maybe we can get that part from the yard now that this thing's dead again, but couldn't we tow it out first?

"Could use the tractor from my rig."
OOC:   I can't remember if there's a tow truck here?

Also, I'm not sure if "tractor" is the right word for American English? I mean the front part of the "tractor/trailer" rig.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:10 AM
In the garage-
Baldwin had no problem finding a tarp and laying it out in an open area far from anything flammable, and he and Jimmy were able to lay out the dead body on top of it.

"Thanks," said Earl. "There's a jerry can of gas over on the bench. Once that thing is taken care of, you can use the tow truck to pull the tractor outside so we can close the door. Keys are on the board on the wall." He glared at Dave and Mitchell. "What are you two standing around here lollygagging for? Go back out to the junkyard and get that damn part!"
OOC,I think tractor is the right word, but it's the tractor of [b]Wallace[/b]'s truck that's parked in the bay, so another tractor wouldn't be able to pull it out. The tanker from [b]Wallace[/b]'s truck has been separated and is out in the parking lot. It makes sense that there would be a tow truck, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell finally comes out of his excited daze as the body is moved.
He glared at Dave and Mitchell. "What are you two standing around here lollygagging for? Go back out to the junkyard and get that damn part!"
"Sure Boss." Mitchell heads out into the junkyard to retrieve the part he dropped.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"No, man," Wallace said to Gary. "This is my rig, and it's here being worked on. We went into the junkyard to find the part we need to fix it, but we left it there when that thing...I don't feel so good..."
Gary steps up to look in the cab. "You doing okay? What happened?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin gets the gas and torches the corpse.

If it burns without getting up again, then he grabs the keys and cautiously steps outside to get the tow truck, "Watch my back!"

OOC,If this is too much for one turn, then Baldwin spends keeps to this plan until something unexpected happens.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:11 AM
In the garage-
"MEDIC coming in," called Bo. He leaned into garage, still holding his shotgun, as Dr. Hausmann squeezed past him. He was just in time to see Baldwin use a lighter to ignite the now gas-soaked corpse, which was lying on a tarp in an open area. He held a jerry can in his other hand. The smell was appalling.

Dave followed Mitchell outside.

Hammond, Earl, and Jimmy were still standing around in the back.

Wallace climbed out of the truck's cab, his rifle slung over his shoulder. "Bastard bit me in the leg," he said to Gary. "I shot him twice, but he wouldn't go down." He approached Brigetta. "I don't feel so good, doc. I'm burning up."
OOC,[b]Baldwin[/b], please roll Sanity for burning the corpse. Sanity loss is 0/1D4. Everyone else currently in the garage, please roll Sanity with a Sanity loss of 0/1D2 for watching it.
Outside the garage-
Kimberly stood outside the garage, holding a shotgun in her hands. She was a beautiful, dark-skinned Latina in a pantsuit. Stephanie, a blonde in a lab coat, stood beside her, looking worried. Mitchell and Dave emerged from the garage on their way to the junkyard. The dogs were lounging around near the garage entrance.

"What happened in there?" asked Kimberly. "We heard shotguns going off."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo looks the other way to not see the burning, it doesn´t help the smell of barbecue and the crackling of skin popping, though.
"Just let the doc do her work."
Spoiler:
SAN @59%

[dice]1[/dice]
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin SAN check,Baldwin - Sanity(49%): [dice]0[/dice]
Baldwin:

Lighting up the corpse is just about as much as Baldwin can take, when the body starts to crackle he gets the keys and rushes to the exit before he pukes.

"Watch my back!"

Baldwin draws his handgun again and heads for the tow truck.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Sanity 59 [dice]0[/dice]
Gary nods to Wallace and gets out of his way as he goes over to the doctor. Then as Baldwin goes to burn the body, he positions himself on the other side of the truck so he doesn't have to see it. The sound and smell is enough...

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”