Page 1 of 1

IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 10:09 AM Mountain Daylight Time - At the motel
On the motel balcony, southwest corner-
Jenny remained on the balcony with the rifle, keeping watch. She saw Gary driving around the south side of the motel in the skinheads' pickup truck, pulling up behind the motel near Samantha.

Behind the motel-
Samantha peered through the open doorway, through the motel kitchen, and through another smashed open doorway into the motel lobby. Two headless corpses lay in the lobby. Gary pulled up near her in the pickup truck. Ms. Foo ran into the kitchen from the lobby, jabbering in Chinese.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) behind the motel: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Samantha[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (40% skill) behind the motel: [dice]1[/dice]
In the private room-
Cathy gnawed on her fingernails, going so far as to break the skin. Then she realized what she was doing and stopped. She removed a pill bottle from her purse, took out a pill, and swallowed it dry.

"There's someone out front, running for the motel," said Ellen.
Cathy Lathan,Your indefinite insanity is that your depression is overwhelming, and no amount of Valium will help. Not that you'll stop taking it, of course.
OOC,[b]Ellen[/b]'s Listen roll (51% skill) in the private room: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Cathy[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) in the private room: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Scotty[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the private room: [dice]4[/dice]
In the motel kitchen-
Ms. Foo rushed into the kitchen as fast as she could, which wasn't very fast. Samantha was standing outside the back door, holding her shotgun. She could also hear a light truck pulling up behind the motel, and footsteps running for the front door from outside.
OOC,[b]Ms. Foo[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the motel kitchen: [dice]5[/dice]
In the motel lobby-
"Ellen is right," said Mr. Foo. "Whoever it is, they're coming in fast. It could be another one."

Bobby turned and raced to the front door, shoving aside the rest of the barricade and throwing open the door. Michael was on the other side, his eyes blazing red. He reached for Bobby, stretching his head forward and biting off his nose!
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the motel lobby: [dice]6[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Listen roll (58% skill) in the motel lobby: [dice]7[/dice] [b]Tony[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the motel lobby: [dice]16[/dice] [b]Bobby[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the motel lobby: [dice]8[/dice] Zombie [b]Michael[/b]'s Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Bobby[/b]: [dice]9[/dice] Hit location on [b]Bobby[/b]: [dice]11[/dice] Damage to [b]Bobby[/b] from Bite attack: [dice]12[/dice] [b]Bobby[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 46) for being bitten: [dice]13[/dice] Sanity loss: [dice]14[/dice] [b]Bobby[/b]'s Idea roll (80% stat) to avoid extended temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]15[/dice] Zombie [b]Michael[/b]'s Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Bobby[/b]: [dice]10[/dice] Everyone in the lobby, or anyone who enters the lobby, please roll Sanity for seeing zombie [b]Michael[/b]. [b]Samantha[/b] also needs to roll, as she can see this. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D8 if you fail. Again, if you've lost Sanity already from seeing zombies, that reduces the maximum amount you can lose. You still roll 1D8, but if you roll over your maximum, reduce it to that maximum. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely. [b]Mitchell[/b] and [b]Bobby[/b] need not roll, as they have already lost 8 Sanity for seeing zombies. [b]Tony[/b] need not roll either, as he has already lost 7 for seeing zombies, so he will lose 1 whether he succeeds or fails. Unfortunately, [b]Bobby[/b] is huge and is blocking your line of fire on the zombie.

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:25 am
by Silver Priest
"Bobby, don't!" Tony screams. But it's too late. His son surged forward and opens the door, and the thing attacks him. His screams grow louder as his son's nose was bitten off.

He wants to be a good father. He wants to run forward and save his son. But he finds himself paralyzed. Major Andrew's warning about the bite leading to the infection rings in his ears, and the truth is, he's afraid to touch his son.

So instead he just continues to scream, letting terror overwhelm him. Because when he screams he can't think, and when he does get to think he'll have to understand what just happened to his oldest son, and he really does not want to tackle that subject for as long as possible.
Mr.Handy,Aw man! What rotten luck. I'm honestly a bit bummed for ole Bobby. Assuming there's no cure I'm not sure this will be good for the Lathan clan morale. Honestly I'm torn between his son's death or reanimation making Tony into either a grizzled, jaded survivor or a Stepford like smiler who leans even harder into the awkward dad jokes and false cheer for Scotty's sake. If Bobby does die and it's alright with you, I'm probably going to have Tony autofail the San roll and take max damage if that's possible.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:29 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny watches Gary pull up not far from Samantha and focuses her attention in that direction.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm
by aine
sanity,[dice]0[/dice] lose 1 SAN
Samantha is, luckily, unable to see too much of the detail.
"Everyone out this way! Up the stairs!" It's going to be carnage in the lobby but she can't get a clear shot. She's aware of the truck pulling up and is glad of the slight cover it provides. "There's a zombie out the front!" She shouts to Jenny and the truck driver.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:32 am
by Starspawn338
"NO, NO, NO." Mitchell yells as the big dumb kid opened the door. "This is so messed up. We gotta go." He turns and runs for the back door.
"We gotta find some place safe."

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 am
by Starspawn338
Gary pulls up at the back door to the motel and looks at the busted down door.
"There's a zombie out the front!"
That can't be good he thinks as he pulls the truck in front of the stairs going up on one side of the back.
OOC,I would like to block off one side of the stairs with the truck if I can. Then there is only one set of stairs on the opposite corner which goes up to the back row of rooms if I'm visualizing this correctly. I imagine that blocking the stairwell with the truck would not make it impassable but just a difficult obstacle to climb over the truck/stairs.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:09:12 AM
In the private room-
"Bobby!" screamed Cathy, running into the lobby, followed by Ellen and Scotty.

In the motel lobby-
What was left of his face contorted with rage, Bobby punched Michael hard in the groin. It actually did seem to do some damage, but it didn't take him down like it might have a man. Mr. Foo barely kept his wits about him. Lunging forward with his sword, he ran the blade through Michael's cheek and out the back of his head. Michael fell to the ground, clutching feebly at Bobby as he dropped. He was still trying to crawl forward and attack, but he was much slower now. Then Bobby blinked, coming to his senses and screaming in pain.
Tony Lathan,We'll see what happens, but given the nature of the game, it's quite possible that [b]Bobby[/b] will outlive you. If he does die first, you'll roll Sanity as normal, but feel free to take it harder than the roll would indicate.
OOC,[b]Bobby[/b]'s Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) attacking the zombie: [dice]0[/dice] Hit location: [dice]3[/dice] Damage to zombie from punch: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 83) for seeing the zombie: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sword roll (64% - 5 = 59% skill) attacking the zombie, targeting the head: [dice]2[/dice] Damage to zombie's head: [dice]6[/dice] Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Bobby[/b]: [dice]7[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Bobby[/b]: [dice]8[/dice]
In the motel kitchen-
Ms. Foo ran out the back door, while Mitchell ran in from the lobby.

Behind the motel-
Ms. Foo emerged from the back door where Samantha stood. Gary pulled the truck up beside the northwest stairway, making it more difficult to access.
OOC,There are four stairways leading up to the baclony, one at each corner of the motel. The balcony encircles the motel completely and gives access to the upstairs rooms, all of which are either on the west side or the east side. Those are the long sides of the motel, while the north and south sides are short and have no doors.
The dogs waited loyally beside Jenny.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 pm
by aine
Samantha sees what Gary is aiming to do and she waves her appreciation. Then she steps back quickly as the old lady runs out the door, nearly knocking her over.
"Mind where you you are going can't you? Get up those stairs now!" And she pushes Mrs Foo towards the first step.
ooc,I'm assuming [b]Gary[/b] is blocking the [i]other[/i] stairs (NW?) not the one [b]Samantha[/b] came down and [b]Jenny[/b] is at the top of.(SW?)??

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:38 pm
by Silver Priest
Bobby's screams knock some sense into Tony. Heedless of the danger and risk of infection, he rushes forward and tries to move his son back.

"Why the heck did you do that? Dang it, this is a bad wound-- Cathy!" He calls her over to look at it.

"It bit his nose clean off.But that may actually be a good thing," he giggles, high pitched and stressed. "Now I'm no doctor, but maybe, maybe that means the infection did not have a chance to spread to the rest of his body." He waits to hear his wife's diagnosis.
Mr.Handy,I'm quite certain all of the Lathan's will live long and happy lives. With the possible exception of Bobby. I am somewhat curious if a zombie biting a part of the body off and in essence cauterizing the wound prevents the infection from spreading, since I know in some fiction immediate removal of the infected part prevents the infection. I know you can't tell me but it will be interesting to see. I'll know pretty quick if Bobby starts moaning about a fever.:P Also, I have an idea for Tony's indefinite insanity if he goes insane. How I've been playing him is an optimistic overcompensater. If he goes insane and I'm able to, I'd like to portray him as unrealistically optimistic and cheerful, using it as a coping mechanism. If for whatever reason he's forced to face reality he either has a breakdown or enters a homicidal rage against whatever is disrupting his fantasy. I'm sure you have your own ideas for Tony and don't want to step on the GM's toes, but thought I'd offer my thoughts.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will head out the back door and look around before deciding if he should follow Mrs.Foo up the stairs.
OOC,Is there a soda machine (or anything else that the infected won't just tear through) near the front or back door that we could use to block a stairwell?

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 am
by Starspawn338
Gary turns off the truck, leaving the keys in the ignition. As he gets out, he readies his rifle and moves towards the stairs that Samantha is gesturing the survivors to.

"What's going on?"
OOC,Okay. I didn't realize the balcony ran around the short sides of the building. That makes things more difficult with 4 stairs to block. Is there a way up to the roof on the motel?

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
10:10 AM
In the motel lobby-
Cathy and Tony pulled Bobby away from the door, and Cathy lay him down on a couch that had been moved out of the way that had formerly been part of the front door's barricade. While she applied pressure and stopped the bleeding, Scotty ran forward and, hefting his baseball bat, smashed in Michael's skull like Gallagher splattering a watermelon. "Yeah!" he cheered. "Another kill!"

"My baby!" cried Cathy, not responding to Tony. "My poor baby!"

"I was just so mad at them," Bobby said when he finally recovered enough. "All I saw was red. It's like I Hulked out."

"Impressive, young man," said Mr. Foo with a bow. "Let's get the barricade back in place on the front door. There could be more of them. We're running out of furniture in the lobby, but there will be more in the motel rooms. Ellen and I have keys." He closed and locked the front door, and then he worked with Scotty to start blockading it.

"I'll check on your wife and get started on the back door," said Ellen, heading through the kitchen and out the back door.
Tony Lathan,The wound wasn't cauterized, as it was still actually bleeding. It's good that you have some input into your character's indefinite insanity. I'll keep your ideas in mind in the likely event that it happens.
OOC,[b]Cathy[/b]'s Medicine roll (75% skill) treating [b]Bobby[/b]'s wound: [dice]0[/dice] HP recovered by [b]Bobby[/b] (maximum of 2): [dice]3[/dice] [b]Scotty[/b]'s Large Club roll (55% - 5 = 50% skill) attacking the zombie, targeting the head: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to zombie's head: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b] and [b]Scotty[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (7 + 8 = 15 x 5 = 75% stat) barricading the front door: [dice]5[/dice]
Behind the motel-
Mitchell got outside, but he couldn't see anything that could be used as a barricade in plain sight. Ellen emerged behind him, keys in hand as Gary reached their position. "We'll find furniture in the rooms we can use," she said.

Ms. Foo made her way to the southwest stairs.
OOC,That's a correct assumption. [b]Gary[/b] parked his truck by the northwest corner. I mentioned it in the last update. [b]Mitchell[/b]'s Luck roll (65% stat) to find something to use for a barricade: [dice]2[/dice]
Jenny saw Ms. Foo at the bottom of the stairway nearest her. The dogs perked up as she approached.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:00 pm
by Silver Priest
"Is he going to be alright?" Tony asks his wife before turning back to Bobby. "How are you feeling, champ?"

"I'll go update Major Andrews on what happened," He tells the others once he's responded. "I'm not sure how long we have until the rest of the pack arrive, but hopefully we'll have a few more guns by that point. I'll be back in just a second, Bobby." He tries to smile reassuringly. "Scotty, be good and listen to Mr.Foo. Don't go running off, now."

He heads into Mr. Foo's room and takes a deep breath. It was important not to assume the worst; no good ever came of that. Besides, Cathy was a darn good doctor and had stopped the bleeding. Maybe things would be okay.

He picks up the microphone. "Hello, Major?"

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:10 pm
by aine
"Hey, Gary you're still alive then." Samantha greets him. "What happened to the rest of the gang, did they find the skinheads? As to here, one zombie has just broken through the front door and two broke in at the back here; they are really strong, the barricades didn't stop them.
I think these two came out of that long grass there; it's not good, they got right in under cover.

Samantha gestures to the stairs to Mitchell. and then moves that way herself. "We'd better all get upstairs fast; there's still people inside, I don't know what they're doing but I'm not waiting for them."
Samantha will run up the stairs, swap her gun with Jenny and then look out over the field to spot more zombies.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:21 am
by Leonulf
Jenny meets Samantha to swap weapons "I was looking over the balcony, I couldn't see the Zombie, but did hear you shouting. Can we block off the corridors, the stairs might be tricky for any dead to come up making it easier to pick them off. If the dead really are coming back to life then we are going to have more than the odd one here and there to worry about - we need to think long term, especially with those damned alien bugs."

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:16 am
by Starspawn338
Ellen emerged behind him, keys in hand. "We'll find furniture in the rooms we can use," she said.
Mitchell nods and heads up the stairs with Samantha and Ellen.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 am
by Starspawn338
"Hey, Gary you're still alive then." Samantha greets him. "What happened to the rest of the gang, did they find the skinheads? As to here, one zombie has just broken through the front door and two broke in at the back here; they are really strong, the barricades didn't stop them.
I think these two came out of that long grass there; it's not good, they got right in under cover.
"They're still inside the diner as far as I know." Gary says. "I still think we should head up to the skinhead's compound and free the hostages they took but I can't do it alone."

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy
10:11 AM
In the motel lobby-
"I feel like hell, Dad," said Bobby. "It burns!"

Cathy helped Bobby up from the couch before Mr. Foo and Scotty shoved it up against the front door. She put a hand on his forehead. "You do have a fever," she said, fighting back tears. "That's bad."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
In the private room-
"Good to hear from you, Mr. Lathan," replied Major Andrews. "You'll be pleased to hear that the choppers are wheels up and on their way to you. What's your situation?"
OOC,[b]Tony[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Behind the motel-
Samantha followed Ms. Foo up the stairs. Mitchell, Ellen, and Gary made their way to the bottom of the stairs.

Ms. Foo and Samantha reached the top of the stairs, and Jenny could see Mitchell and Ellen arrive at the bottom. She exchanged weapons with Samantha.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:29 am
by Silver Priest
Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
Hearing this, Tony's heart sinks. He's no doctor, but that kind of fever did not sound good. He looks helplessly at his wife. "Can you get it down, Cath? There's an ice machine around here, right? Maybe that might help? Or maybe Bobby should strip. Starve a fever, right?" He laughs again, but it's not the laugh of a balanced man.

"I'll be right back. Have to report in." And he heads into Mr. Foo's private room.

"A third runner got in here. Um, we killed it. My younger son did, actually. Seemed rather nonchalant about the entire situation. But my older son, he uh, he was bitten. Took his nose clean off. He's still talking and alert, and we've stopped the bleeding. But he's complaining about a fever."

"Cathy, that's my wife, she has some medical training. She's stopped his bleeding and he might be stable. But I think he's infected, Major. Please tlel me your boys have some sort of cure, or way to prevent him from becoming one of them
." Tony's fighting back tears at this point, but he forces himself to remain optimistic. "The good news is, my wife's been touching him and she seems fine. Maybe touch does not spread the condition?"

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Actually, a couple posts back, I said I got out of the truck and headed for the stairs where Samantha was.
Gary heads to the stairs with the others, rifle out and ready.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:22 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell goes up and looks around for ways to block the stairs.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm sorry, I'd missed that. :oops: I edited my posts above to fix it. I had also messed up [b]Samantha[/b]'s progress, but I edited and fixed that last night. [b]Gary[/b], you'll reach the top of the stairs in the next update.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:33 pm
by aine
Samantha keeps look out over the field of long grass. She speaks loudly so Gary can hear her.
"Do you think the compound is easier to defend than here? I think there are a few people still inside; we couldn't just leave them here on their own. There's that daft old biddy for starters running about, I just hope she stays up here doing laps.

My main concern is that more zombies could appear any minute through this grass. I reckon there must be access to the roof because I saw a heap of radio gear up there. I'd say that's where we should go.
If it wasn't for the flying aliens."
spot hidden,40[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:23 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny looks at the furniture back in the motel room but isn't too sure about moving it to set up any barricades herself so goes back to the balcony to check for hostiles. She also tries to keep an ear open to make sure nothing comes in from behind into the room.
Listen (45%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
10:12 AM
In the motel lobby-
"Actually, the fever's a good sign," said Cathy. "It shows that his immune system is working to fight off the infection. Raising the body temperature is part of how it works. The fever is not life-threatening in and of itself at the temperature it's at right now." She lowered her voice. "There are more people outside the front door."

"One of them's Kimberly, one of our guests," said Mr. Foo. "I recognize her voice." He and Scotty began moving the barricade away again.
OOC,[b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Listen roll (58% skill) in the lobby: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Cathy[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) in the lobby: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Scotty[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the lobby: [dice]2[/dice]
In the private room-
"I'm sorry, sir," said Major Andrews after a pause. "We don't even know what this infection is. Until several hours ago, we'd never heard of it. It takes much longer than that to develop a cure. We're not sure whether or not touch spreads the infection yet, but we're not taking any chances, and neither should you. The bite is confirmed to spread it. We've had...casualties."

Mitchell, Ellen, and Gary reached the top of the stairs and joined the others. There was nothing out on the balcony that looked like it could be used to block off the stairs, but there were several doors along the west side of the motel that led to rooms where furniture could be found. Ms. Foo and Ellen had keys to the rooms. Samantha could see no movement.
Jenny Cooper,Even from here, [b]Jenny[/b] could hear footsteps approaching the front door of the motel, on the east side.
OOC,Everyone other than [b]Samantha[/b] may also roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:29 am
by Silver Priest
Assuming Tony hears Cathy's explanation, it puts him in slightly better spirits.

"I was afraid of that," he admits to Andrews. "I'll keep a close watch on him and my wife, and make sure no one else directly touches him until we know for sure that doesn't spread it. I'll monitor both of their conditions and report back if anything changes. I'm trying... I'm trying to be realistic about things, Major. But I can't give up on him just yet. If nothing else my wife knows enough about medicine. If she can delay the infection indefinitely that could be invaluable information for all of us."

Once Andrews responds he terminates the call and heads back out.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:57 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice]
"You got the keys? Start unlocking the doors up here."
Mitchell will start dragging furniture out onto the balcony to block off the other stairs.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:59 am
by Starspawn338
Gary looks around and shakes his head.
"This ain't no good. There's too many ways to get up here and nothing to defend. It looks like Custer's last stand."
OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:00 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny hearing a sound of footsteps splits her attention between the door and the balcony.
Spot Hidden (35%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:26 pm
by aine
Samantha looks around, assessing the area.
"You are probably right,Gary. You want to make a dash for the compound? You know where it is? We'd have to get all these people into your truck."
She's not too happy about the idea, it's only the worry about the flying insects that forces her to consider the options.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:13 AM
In the private room-
"Understood," said Major Andrews. "I'm sure our medical people will want to speak to her and get some firsthand information. They should arrive in 25 minutes. Keep us posted. Andrews out."

Tony returned to the lobby.

In the motel lobby-
There was a knock on the front door, and a man asked "Is everyone okay inside?"

"Mostly," said Mr. Foo. "Just a minute, we're unblocking the door." He and Scotty finished moving the barricade aside.

"Mom, am I gonna die?" asked Bobby.

"Everybody's going to die, Bobby," said Cathy, her eyes filling with tears.

"I know that. I meant soon."

"So did I..." Cathy, starting to weep.

Mr. Foo opened the front door, revealing Hammond, Jimmy, Wallace Red Crow, Trooper Bo Richards, Kimberly, and Jim Kerr outside near Michael's corpse. They were all armed.

In front of the motel-
Jim Kerr could easily see that Michael wasn't going to get back up again. His head had been splattered, and there was nothing left of it. He heard the voices in the lobby, and soon enough the front door opened.

On the motel balcony-
Ellen unlocked the door to the nearest room and led Mitchell inside. Ms. Foo, Samantha, Jenny, Gary, and the dogs remained outside.
Gary,[b]Gary[/b] could see [b]Luke[/b] trudging toward them from the west down the highway. He had a rifle and a shotgun, and he would arrive in about a minute. Looking to the east, he saw two figures about a mile away, running toward the truck stop very fast. At their current pace, they would arrive in about five minutes.
In the motel room-
The motel room had enough furniture to fully block the nearest stairwell, but it would take a while to complete the barricade.

"We'll get it done faster if we work together," said Ellen.
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b], please roll STR x 5 to start barricading.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:35 am
by Silver Priest
Tony comes back into the room, smile pasted onto his face. He's always been a bit of a go-getter, and he's planning to ride that as far as it can take him now.

"Help is on the way," He reports to his family. " Cath, The military is very interested in whatever you can tell them about the infection. We have to be careful not to let anyone touch Bobby until we know how this spreads."

His smile fades when he hears Bobby ask his mother the question, and her answer. Gently he tries rubbing her back. "You heard what your mom said, sport. You having a fever is a good sign. Means your body is fighting off the infection. Besides, you saw Mr. Foo after he was shot earlier! Your mom saved his life. I'm confident we got to you in time. We just have to figure out how to treat you, but you're in good hands,so just hang in there."
Persuade 40%,Trying to persuade the family. and cheer them up. If Fast Talk might work I'll use that, as it's 20 percent better. [dice]0[/dice]
When he sees the newcomers he gives a nod and a smile that's only slightly forced.

"Are we glad to see you. Listen, we've been in touch with the air force, and they're sending help that should be here in less than half an hour. But unfortunately, we're expecting more of these sick ah, people, maybe twenty of them or so. We need to reinforce and hold this area until help arrives. You all look like you're capable-- I hope we can count on your help."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 am
by Starspawn338
"You are probably right,Gary. You want to make a dash for the compound? You know where it is? We'd have to get all these people into your truck."
"No, I don't know where the compound is and I'm not sure taking everyone there is the right idea given how them skinheads acted here." Gary says as he keeps watching for more of the infected.

"But I know they ran off with some women hostages and I just don't think I can just let that go. I was hoping to get the highway patrol to back a rescue mission. I was also thinking he might know the way."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:48 am
by Starspawn338
"You folks doing okay in here?" Jim looks into the room. "It sounded like you have some injured."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:50 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Strength 70 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell starts dragging furniture from the first room to block one set of stairs.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:37 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy moves over to Gary "You know what? It doesn't sit right with me either, I may be young and inexperienced but living rough has got me good at sneaking about and remaining out of sight. Please take me with you if your going, I can help - I could try and scout out or distract them or something. Either way the more of us the stronger we will be."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:18 pm
by aine
"In that case, we stop here for the moment. I'll start patrolling around the balcony but we must keep an eye on this field of long grass as anything can creep right up in it. There's no chance of burning it I suppose?" Samantha looks at Gary.

Also, Jenny has my shotgun but probably can't use it if she's building defenses. You are welcome to use it, if you know how. I've got the cartridges here."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b] is in front of the motel, on the east side. [b]Gary[/b] and [b]Samantha[/b] are on the southwest corner of the motel balcony. They can't even see each other from their current positions.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:16 pm
by Silver Priest
"My son Bobby was bitten by one of these things." Tony tells Jim. "But my wife's a doctor and looking after him. Everything will be alright." It seems somewhat obvious that the man is trying to convince himself of this.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy
10:14 AM
In the motel lobby-
Hammond, Jimmy, Wallace, Bo, Kimberly, and Jim Kerr entered the motel. Then Mr. Foo and Scotty closed the front door and began replacing the barricade. Bobby had a bandage on his face over where his nose used to be. They could see two more dead bodies in the lobby, their heads blown clean off of them. "You have to shoot them in the head," explained Scotty.

"Yes, or stab or bludgeon them in the head," said Mr. Foo.

"What's the use?!" sobbed Cathy. "What's even the point any more?"

"Actually, we won't be staying long," said Kimberly. "Those skinheads took two women hostage from the diner and escaped back to their compound with them. We're going to mount a rescue mission, but we need a vehicle to get there quickly. There was a pickup truck they had left behind, but Gary must have driven it somewhere. He was going to go with us, but we had to take care of the ones still in the T-Bone first. When we came out, he was gone."

"I tangled with them myself," said Mr. Foo. "Their sniper gave me this." He patted his bandaged chest. "Not before I killed the one with the detonator, though. I stopped him from blowing the pumps, but one of the others must have recovered the detonator and used it. I'd go with you, but not only am I wounded, I also need to defend the motel, at least until relief gets here."

"Those women may not have that long. Who knows what those creeps are doing to them even now?"

"Let me help kick their butts!" said Bobby. "Just give me a pistol!"
OOC,Fast Talk would work, but that roll still fails.
Behind the motel-
Luke trudged off of the highway from the west and crossed the open ground to the southwest corner of the motel. He carried a rifle and had a shotgun slung over his back. There were also a handgun and a knife on his belt. "Hello!" he called up to the balcony as he neared the stairs. "What's going on here?"

In the motel room-
Ellen tried to move the furniture, but she wasn't making much progress.
OOC,[b]Ellen[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (50% stat) to move the furniture: [dice]0[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Ms. Foo, Jenny, Gary, and the dogs remained at the top of the stairs.

Mitchell hurriedly dragged furniture out of the motel room and used it to start barricading the southwest stairs, but he still had a long way to go.

Samantha walked around the motel balcony to the east and reached the southeast corner.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Jenny Cooper,[b]Jenny[/b] did remember where the compound was. She had passed the turnoff to it about five miles north along the dirt road, just a mile south of where she had found the "meteorite."

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:50 am
by Silver Priest
"I really don't believe that's a good idea," Tony says, shaking his head vigorously. "Believe me, I have no love for the skinheads. But the Military are counting on us to hold this position until they can reinforce it. Mr. Foo here is a bit of a secret agent, I guess you can say, and he's been listening in on and relaying information around the world back to the military. If the infected overrun us here-- and we have reports a large group are likely due here sooner than later-- and deprive the air force of that resource, it could spell doom for everyone in the state. It's critical we maintain this position, and I hope you all will stay here and help us hold it, at least until help arrives. I have an RV-- it's a rental, technically, but things being what they are I'm not sure I'll be able to return it. I can lend it to you folks, but only after we've gotten this position secured and help has arrived." Tony puts on his best winning smile and hopes he can sell these people on the idea as easy as he found it to sell insurance.
Fast Talk 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
To Bobby, he frowns. "Look son, I'm glad you feel up to rescuing those poor women, but you need to stay here where your mother and I can monitor you. Same with you Scotty, so don't even ask."

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:31 pm
by aine
Samantha stops at the SouthEast corner so she can see south and East.
Spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo wanders along the balcony muttering to herself.
ooc,let me know when her insane period comes to an end.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I mentioned that your temporary insanity ended in [url=https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=230603#p230603]this post[/url]. Your indefinite insanity lasts for months, but you may otherwise act freely.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:47 am
by Leonulf
OOC,Sorry I seem to be getting confused position wise. Going to re-read everything and work out what I am doing

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:26 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo comes to her senses. She totters hurriedly downstairs and calls through the kitchen door in a scolding voice
Mandarin,[b]Mr Foo![/b] Don't you stay in there- it's not safe! Get yourself and that family upstairs now!
She then shouts,
"Mrs Latham, you not safe in here you should go upstairs with family!"

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
10:15 AM
In the motel lobby-
"I guess we don't have any choice," said Kimberly. "Unless we can get a vehicle, we can't get up there fast enough. I will point out that the compound is very defensible. I can get us inside, however, and once we take it over, it will be a much better place to hole up than this motel, which doesn't even have a back door any more. Those scumbags are survivalists, so you know they'll have plenty of supplies we can take, including weapons and ammo. Their numbers have also been greatly reduced, so there won't be so many of them left."

"But I want to be a hero!" protested Bobby.

"Somebody has to play defense, just like in football," said Mr. Foo as he and Scotty moved the couch in front of the door again. "They can be heroes just the same. Once the Air Force gets here and relieves us, we'll be free to go, but until then we must hold this position - and I must get back to observing and relaying information to them. That's the whole point of this place." He called out the back door to his wife. "I must stay in communication with the Air Force until they get here! Make sure the back door is barricaded, and I'll be fine! The Lathans can help!" He offered his room keys to Tony. "My wife and Ellen have keys to all the rooms as well. Use the furniture in there to barricade the back door and then the stairwells on the west. We only have so much time until the enemy arrives. Get your family upstairs, you'll be safer there."

"I get it," said Scotty. "We have to finish this level before we can move on to the next. This is a tower defense mission. We have to set up defenses in a short amount of time with the resources we have, and then fight off the zombies until time runs out and the military gets here. Then we can go onto the rescue mission in the next level."

"All right," said Bobby. "As long as I get to kill zombies. I have to catch up to Scotty. He's already two ahead of me."

Behind the motel-
Ms. Foo came down the stairs, and Luke passed her on his way up to the balcony.

In the motel room-
"Can someone help us move this furniture?" called Ellen. "I can't manage it on my own."

Mitchell came back in to get more furniture for the barricade.

On the motel balcony-
Luke reached the top of the stairs, where Gary and Jenny waited with the dogs. "Hi, I'm Luke," he said, peering out over the grass. "This is a good vantage point. If I can see them, I can shoot them with my rifle before they get here. My truck broke down a few miles to the west, but I made my way back on foot after taking out a few of them with my shotgun."

Samantha made her way north on her patrol route, now in the middle of the east side of the motel.
OOC,Everyone on the balcony may roll Spot Hidden, including [b]Samantha[/b] again. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:43 am
by Silver Priest
"Thanks," Tony says, relieved the group had seen reason. The really great thing about this sort of crisis is how it brought everybody together.

"Will do, Mr. Foo. Just give a holler if you need any help." He turns to his wife and sons. "Alright team, you heard Mr. Foo. Cath, help Bobby up the stairs. Bobby, I really think you need to rest. But if you think you're up to it, and more importantly, if your mother thinks you're up to it, you can help us reinforce the place. Scotty, you follow them and help us reinforce our uh, base." That boy really ain't right.

He hands the keys Mr. Foo gave him to one of his family members who wants them. "I'll be along in a minute. I think I'm going to get our RV first and park it in front of the back entrance. Should work as a way to at least slow the suckers down. That way, you guys can focus on the stairwells. See you in a bit!" If there's nothing else, he walks out of the motel.
ooc,I'm aware this is straight out of a horror movie, but am willing to take the risk. How far away is the RV from Tony's current location?

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:47 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will go in the room that Ellen is calling from and help her move a dresser out to the stairwell.
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:52 am
by Starspawn338
"We'll wait here until the others get back from the diner." Gary says as he keeps watch over the back stairwells.
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:56 am
by Starspawn338
"Wait, you're in contact with the military? Do they know that Erica Spears is transporting Dr. Brigetta Hausmann to Omaha with information about this disease that's infecting everyone?" Jim says excitedly. "If the military is mobile, they should make sure that the helicopter makes it to Omaha."
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 am
by Leonulf
Jenny can see Mitchell moving furniture to barricade the stairway so makes a move to go in Samantha's room and move a chair as well but pauses a moment for a quick check over the balcony.
Spot Hidden (35%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:22 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy shrugs "I get it this place is important, it should be our priority with the military coming - but we surely can't just leave those girls to their fate, that's going to be hard to live with. Attack is sometimes the best form of defense, what if most of us stay here to defend the motel, but just a small group try to get in base unseen? I can be sneaky..."

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 pm
by aine
Samantha looks over the balcony to the front door area. She then continues north. She assesses the area around the motel to see whicy areas might need the most observation; obviously the grass at the back but the front door has just been attacked too.
ooc,can she see Michael's body?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:55 am
by Mr. Handy
10:16 AM
In the motel lobby-
"I don't know," Mr. Foo told Jim Kerr. "I didn't know myself until you told me. I'll pass it on to them." He ducked back into his private room and locked the door behind him. Hammond, Jimmy, Wallace, Bo, Kimberly, and Jim Kerr passed through the kitchen and out the back door along with the Lathan family.
OOC,The RV is parked in front of the motel, on the south side of the lot. Since the front door is partially barricaded, you'll need to go around the motel to get to it. It will take about three more minutes to get into it from here.
In the private room-
Mr. Foo hurried over to the communications gear as fast as his old age and wound would allow him.

Behind the motel-
Everyone emerged from the back of the motel as Ms. Foo arrived.

"Hey, there's the pickup truck!" said Kimberly, glancing to the right, where it was parked at the base of the northwest stairs leading up to the balcony. The southeast stairs were now barricaded enough that it they were impassible. "Looks like we can head to the compound after all. I'd be glad of your help, young man. There's nobody in it, though. Gary, are you still around here?" she called.
Jim Kerr,Peering through the high grass west of the parking lot, [b]Jim[/b] caught sight of numerous figures almost a mile away. They were moving slowly closer, and he counted eighteen of them. At their current pace, they would arrive in eleven minutes. Judging from their movements, they were definitely dead.
OOC,Everyone behind the motel who hasn't already succeded may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.
In the motel room-
Jenny entered and helped Ellen with the furniture. The two of them working together were able to move it out of the room. Mitchell followed them with his own load.

On the motel balcony-
Samantha walked on to the northeast corner. Everything looked deserted to her as far as she could see. She could not see Michael's body. It was most likely underneath the balcony.

Mitchell, Ellen, and Jenny shored up the barricade on the southwest stairs so that it was no longer possible to traverse them. There was still room to barricade the stairs further. Gary could hear Kimberly calling for him.
Mitchell,Peering through the high grass west of the parking lot, [b]Mitchell[/b] caught sight of numerous figures almost a mile away. They were moving slowly closer, and he counted eighteen of them. At their current pace, they would arrive in eleven minutes. Judging from their movements, they were definitely dead.
OOC,Everyone on the motel balcony who hasn't already succeded may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 am
by Silver Priest
Tony starts to jog around the motel to the RV. He's not happy being exposed and isolated from everyone else, and he'd rather get this part over with as soon as possible.
Spot Hidden 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:05 pm
by aine
Samantha walks briskly along the balcony so she is back where she left Gary. She is surprised at the number of people at the back of the motel.
Spot hidden,40[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:11 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo is glad to see everyone coming upstairs but is worried for her husband. As soon as there is room on the stairs, she says to the Lathams, "You build furniture, you take keys. I go find my husband, I go Mr Foo. She gives Tony the keys and she starts back down the stairs again.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:17 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary, are you still around here?" she called.
Gary looks around as he hears his name called.
"Yea, I'm upstairs of the motel." He calls out.
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:20 pm
by Starspawn338
Now that one of the stairwells is blocked, Mitchell will go to the other side and begins moving furniture from the closest room to the next stairwell.

"We have to hurry. There's a bunch more of them coming from across the grass field." He says to the others up on the balcony. "We've only got 10 minutes or so."

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim looks off to the field beyond the parking lot as he counts the infected heading their way.

"Looks like we got company. We're going to have to take them out before we do anything else. Anyone got a long range weapons I can use? I only have my pistol and I would prefer not letting them get that close."

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the motel-
"We're going to go for the compound now!" called Kimberly. "If you want to come, hurry up and join us!"

On the motel balcony-
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b], please roll Idea.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:49 am
by Starspawn338
Idea,Idea 80 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am
by Starspawn338
"We're going to go for the compound now!" called Kimberly. "If you want to come, hurry up and join us!"
"Okay. The truck's out back with the keys in it." Gary replies and heads down the stairs to the truck.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm
by aine
ooc,Is Samantha back with the others on the west side yet?

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,She will be after the next major update.
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] realized that once he started barricading the northwest stairs, there would be no way to get up to the balcony from the rear of the building. This could pose problems for anyone trying to barricade the rear entrance of the motel. It also occurred to him that he ought to reload his shotgun, which he could easily do while moving. He only had four shells, and he would likely need more. Perhaps someone here had some to spare. Finally, he remembered about [b]Dave[/b]'s ex-girlfriend [b]Zoe[/b], who was possibly being held captive at the skinheads' compound. He wasn't sure where [b]Dave[/b] was now, but he would have to choose between being part of the rescue effort or helping to defend the motel. He couldn't do both.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy nods to Jim "Well I have this assault rifle, pretty sure you would be a better shot than me if you want to use it, I would like to head to the compound with Kimberley I am more use sneaking than shooting, I reckon I could try and free the girls if they have them locked up somewhere...", he offers out the rifle to Jim.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:00 am
by Leonulf
Jenny follows Mitchell to the other side "I'll help on that side as well."

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,I reloaded my shotgun in my last post before being moved to this thread and haven't fired since. I don't know how to link a post so I can't do the easy route. By other side, I meant the front stairwells. I thought the truck was blocking the other back stairwell (although if it is moved, that won't be the case.)
After Mitchell brings the first load to the front stairwell, he yells over the front balcony to the people inside the motel. "Dave? You down there?"

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:49 am
by Starspawn338
"Well I have this assault rifle, pretty sure you would be a better shot than me if you want to use it, I would like to head to the compound with Kimberley I am more use sneaking than shooting, I reckon I could try and free the girls if they have them locked up somewhere...",
Jim takes the proffered rifle from Jimmy.
"Thanks kid. Are your parents around here?" Jim says as he checks the rifle to see how many rounds he has.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
10:17 AM
In the motel kitchen-
Ms. Foo stepped carefully over the broken furniture where the back door used to be as she entered the motel.

In the private room-
Mr. Foo contacted Warren Air Force Base again and was soon connected with Major Andrews. "I have news for you, Major," he said. "One of our new defenders mentioned that Erica Spears is transporting a Dr. Brigetta Hausmann to Omaha with information about the disease. He said that you should make sure the helicopter makes it to Omaha."

"Thank you, but I'm not sure what we can do about that," replied the major. "Our helicopters are nowhere near there. They're all at or around our base except for the three that are on their way to you, and they won't even reach your position for another twenty minutes or so. By that time, the other helicopter will be further away. Even if they could locate it on radar and catch up to it, they don't have the fuel to make it to Omaha and back."

Behind the motel-
Tony had already left, but Cathy took the keys from Ms. Foo before the older woman entered the motel. "Thank you, we'll get to work blocking the back door," she said. She took the keys and unlocked the nearest motel room on ground level. Bobby and Scotty followed her inside.

"Thanks!" called Kimberly, leading the way to the pickup truck and soon reaching it.

"I'm driving," said Bo.

"Great, I call shotgun. We can put more one person up front, and up to four in the bed behind the cab. Youngster, you should ride up front with us, since you don't have a rifle any more. That way those who do have them can fire from the back."

"I'm with you," said Wallace, heading to the back of the pickup truck. "I don't feel so hot, but you guys need all the help you can get."

Jim Kerr took the M-16 from Jimmy and checked it over. It had 24 out of 30 bullets left in the magazine. It also had an M-203 underbarrel grenade launcher, but that was empty.

Hammond headed over to the northwest stairs. "I'm too pooped," he said. "I'm gonna go upstairs and rest."

Tony made his way south to the southeast stairs. They were not completely barricaded yet, but they had more than enough to keep anyone from traversing the stairs. He soon reached the corner.
OOC,Everyone other than [b]Jim Kerr[/b], who got a critical success, may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.
On the motel balcony-
Samantha crossed over to the northwest corner. Looking out over the grass, she could see it waving most of a mile away, but she couldn't make out what was causing the motion. Gary headed north across the balcony toward her, but he had a little ways to go before he reached her. Luke went with Gary. "Hey, I'll come too," he said. "I'm all for rescuing damsels in distress."

Ellen, Jenny and the dogs followed Mitchell to the southeast corner. "I've got the keys, so I'll open up the nearest room to the stairs," said Ellen. "That way we don't have to lug it as far. I still think we ought to finish blocking up the stairs to the southwest. They're not completely full of furniture yet, but I can't manage it on my own."
OOC,Oops, sorry, I missed the reloading reference. :oops: [b]Mitchell[/b]'s weapon list now correctly shows that he has all four of his remaining shells loaded. Everyone other than [b]Mitchell[/b], who got an extreme success, may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 am
by Silver Priest
Tony frowns as he hears that some of the others were planning to leave. While he feels for the girls being kept hostage, the fact remained that the infected were bearing down on this position-- his family, and the entire country was in danger. But not wanting to waste anytime trying to reason with them, he continues towards the RV as quickly as he can.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy laughs uneasily "No problem, hah my parents? Didn't know I had any. None of the foster homes I ever stayed at had adults suitable to call parents. You know what, I feel safer here with the dead coming back to life. The skinheads? Well thats just much of a muchness. The system ain't any kids friend."

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
Samantha looks at Gary. "Are you leaving?" She asks him. She looks hard at the waving grass and tries to determine if it's just the wind... or something else.
"Heads up everyone!" She shouts. "I can't see what it is but something is disturbing the grass, maybe a mile out. Can anyone see it? I want to see if there's a hatch or something to get onto the roof. Hey, Ellen do you know if there's an access hatch for that radio equipment on the roof?" She calls.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:46 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo closes any doors she can and goes to the private room door, she knocks on it.
Mandarin,"Husband, let me in."

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:50 am
by Starspawn338
"Are you leaving?"
"Yea, the skinheads took those women hostage when they left. I can't leave them to their fate." Gary replies over his shoulder. "People got to make a choice. Hold out here waiting for the military or rescuing the women from the skinheads. I'm making my choice."

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:00 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell yells again to anyone below him. Dave? Does anyone know what happened to Dave?

Then to the others up on the balcony with him, "We gotta hurry it up. They're going to be here soon. Do you see them walking through the grass. About 20 or so. I'm going to need some more shotgun ammo." Mitchell says as he heads to the room that Ellen unlocks. "Can the two of you do that other one while I do this one?"

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 am
by Starspawn338
"Guys, guys. We got a large group of infected coming through the grass. I make it 18. They'll be here in a few minutes. I don't think we can leave this area compromised like that." Jim says as he goes to the pickup. "But I'm not in charge here."

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:18 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo crossed the lobby and knocked on the door to the private room. There were no other doors on her route to close, as they had all been smashed to pieces.

In the private room-
"Can you give me an update on the world situation?" asked Major Andrews.

"It's getting worse, Major," said Mr. Foo. "The problems seem to be moving from east to west. They appear to have started in Asia and later swept over Europe. From what I can tell, it may be connected with the meteor shower last night. That also progressed from east to west, shortly before everything started going to hell. I'll check to see what's happening now." There was a knock at the door. "Hold on a minute." He went over to the door and opened it to see his wife, then spoke to her in Chinese and stepped aside to let her into the room.
Ms. Foo/Mr. Foo,"You would have been safer on the balcony, my dear," he said, "but I understand that you want to be with me at this time. Hopefully this room will remain secure until the Air Force arrives in twenty minutes, but if it doesn't, there is no other way out of here."
In the downstairs motel room-
"Are you sure you're up to this?" Cathy asked Bobby.

"Yeah, Mom," said Bobby. "I want to help."

"All right, then." Cathy and Bobby started lugging furniture outside. Scotty tried to help, but he pulled a muscle. "I'm not strong enough to barricade," he said. "I need a gun."
OOC,[b]Cathy[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (45% stat) to barricade the back door: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bobby[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (65% stat) to barricade the back door: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Scotty[/b]'s STR x 5 roll (40% stat) to barricade the back door: [dice]2[/dice]
Behind the motel-
"I've seen what those things can do," Kimberly said to Jim Kerr. "Just two of them took down the priest, and he had that rifle you're holding now. It didn't do him much good. I don't even want to think about what eighteen of them will do to this place. The motel is a lost cause. The compound is the only defensible position near here. If we can take it, we can hold out." She got into shotgun seat of the pickup truck while Bo got behind the wheel. "If you change your minds and want to come with us, there's still time."

Wallace climbed into the bed of the pickup truck.

Hammond staggered up the northwest stairs to the balcony.

Cathy and Bobby made an excellent start blockading the back door.

Tony didn't see anything moving on this side of the motel. He crossed the short distance of the lot to where he had parked the RV, got behind the wheel, and started the engine.
OOC,Everyone on ground level who is not in a motel room other than [b]Jim Kerr[/b] may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.
In the upstairs motel room-
Mitchell went into the room that Ellen had opened for him and began to move furniture for the barricade.

On the motel balcony-
"Yeah, we can handle the back stairs," Ellen said to Mitchell. "If you want more shells, you should ask Samantha. She brought the shotgun that Jenny has. I'm sorry, I don't know where Dave is. I wish I knew what happened to Charlie. Maybe if you ask Hammond or the other people who just showed up from the truck stop. Come on, Jenny." She led the way back to the southwest corner. "There's no hatch to the roof!" she called back to Samantha. "There's a ladder stored in a shed out back that can be used to reach it, though!"

Samantha walked south, passing Gary. It was clear to her that the waving grass was only in a specific section of the field, and it was moving slowly but inevitably closer. It was now about three quarters of a mile away. Gary and Luke reached the northwest corner and the top of the stairs just as Hammond arrived, wheezing and out of breath.
OOC,Everyone on the balcony other than [b]Mitchell[/b] may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm
by Silver Priest
Tony drives the car over and attempts to position it so that it covers most of the back door of the motel. Hopefully people could squeeze through the small opening he'd leave, but it should at least slow the infected down.

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:06 am
by Leonulf
Jenny goes with Ellen to help with the back stairs "Did I overhear 20?!? I do not like the sound of that"

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:14 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy shrugs at Kimberley "He looks more capable with that rifle than the priest did and theres been more time to prepare, look I will come with you I will be more use sneaking into he compound and he will be more use picking off zombies from a distance... I hope". Jimmy climbs into the back of the truck.
Spot Hidden (55%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 pm
by aine
Samantha leans over the balcony wall and shouts down to Ellen. "Can you two run and get that ladder? As a last resort we can use it to climb onto the roof away from the zombies. Apparently the military are coming soon so we should be able to hold off until then. I'm coming down to get the shotgun and then I'm going to get ready to shoot them from up here."

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo enters the private room and locks the door behind her. She looks around for any spare furniture to push against it.
Mr and Mrs Foo,"I'm too old to run anymore dear heart. If this is my last hour, I want to spend it by your side like I always have." She gives Her husband a kiss on his forehead and then checks her pistol.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice] Is the ammunition that Gary is carrying for the assault rifle that Jim has now?
Gary climbs into the back of the truck. "Everyone should get into the RV there and follow us to the compound."

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 pm
by Starspawn338
After taking the first load of furniture to the front stairwell, Mitchell will look for Samantha to get more shotgun shells.

"Samantha? Where are you?"

He wants to go with the others to the compound but he's not going anywhere until Dave gets back. He's not going to abandon his best friend in the chaos.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:00 pm
by Starspawn338
"If the military is coming here and this place needs to be defended, I'm not going to leave until they are safe." Jim implores the others to take care of the threat first. "With all the firepower we could bring to bear, we can stop the infected and then leave."

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:18 pm
by aine
"Mitchell, I'm up here on the balcony on the west side." Calls Samantha.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
10:19 AM
In the private room-
Mr. Foo embraced his wife. There wasn't much in the way of furniture in this room. There was a chair that Mr. Foo had been using that might be wedged under the doorknob, but that was about it aside from the electronic equipment banks. However, those were probably too heavy to move, and if they were smashed by the infected, they would cease to function and no more communication with the outside world would be possible. Her pistol had 13 bullets in the magazine, and she had plenty of extra ammo that her husband had given her. Chances were that if it came to a fight, she wouldn't need anywhere near all of it. Either they would win before they used too much, or they would die before they did.
Ms. Foo/Mr. Foo,"I love you more than life itself, dear one," said [b]Mr. Foo[/b] in Chinese. "If I die, at least I will spend my last moments with you. If you will excuse me, I must get back to the radio."
Cathy and Bobby returned to the room to get another load of furniture. "Get up to the balcony, Scotty," said Cathy. "You'll be safer there. We'll follow as soon as we're done with the barricade."

"Okay, Mom," said Scotty, leaving the room. "Maybe someone up there will give me a gun."

Behind the motel-
"All right," Kimberly said to Jim Kerr. "You have to do what you think is best. I think we'll have enough firepower, but stealth will be the key." She glanced back as Jimmy scrambled into the rear of the truck and Gary and Luke reached the bottom of the stairs. "Glad to have you aboard! And that old priest was remarkably good with that rifle. He wasn't always a priest, I guess."

Tony pulled up behind the motel's back door in the RV, underneath the balcony. He saw that his wife and son had already made some progress in blocking the rear entrance.
OOC,Everyone behind the motel, except for [b]Jim Kerr[/b], may roll Spot Hidden again. [b]Jim Kerr[/b], you can already see the eighteen zombies very well and may shoot at them up to five times this turn. However, they are most of a mile away, and the chances to hit won't be good. Even with precision aim, which can only be used when firing single shots, your Rifle skill would be divided by eight. This means you would only hit on an 8 or less on 1D100. As they get closer, your chances to hit will improve.
On the motel balcony-
Hammond shuffled off around the northwest corner and made his way along the north side of the balcony.

"I have to help Jenny finish blocking these stairs," said Ellen to Samantha, "but I can give you the key to the shed if you want to get the ladder yourself." She handed a key from her ring to Samantha. The dogs followed Ellen and Jenny around the south side of the motel and into the room where they found the furniture.

Mitchell came out of the room and began blockading the southeast stairs. He had made a decent start, but he had a while to go. Then he caught sight of something in the distance to the east.
OOC,Everyone on the balcony except for [b]Mitchell[/b] may roll Spot Hidden again.
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] saw two running figures on the highway below, about four fifths of a mile to the east. They were heading this way at high speed, and they would be at the truck stop in about four minutes. They had red eyes...
Ellen and Jenny began to collect some more furniture for the barricade.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:03 pm
by Silver Priest
Tony parks the RV and gets out.
He joins his family and attempts to help them shore up the barricade.
Str 65%,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 pm
by aine
Samantha decides against going for the ladder; she'd do better to stay here and try to take the zombies down before they got here.
"Mitchell! get up here with my shotgun, now!" She shouts. As a park ranger she knows to get up high and prepare the shot; this wasn't a rogue wolf however so more guns the better.

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am
by Leonulf
Jenny carries on shifting furniture around "I hope this makes a difference and slows them down"

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:06 am
by Starspawn338
"Mitchell! get up here with my shotgun, now!"
"I'm barricading the stairs on the southeast side." Mitchell shouts back. "We're not going to have as much time as we thought. There's a couple more runners coming in fast. Maybe you should come over here because we're going to need to shoot them way before we shoot the ones in the tall grass."

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 am
by Starspawn338
"If you're all going to head out before we kill the infected heading this way, did anyone pick up any extra ammo for this rifle? Jim says. "I won't be able to drop them all with the ammo I got."

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:15 am
by Starspawn338
As Gary walks by Jim he pulls a clip out and shows it to him.

"Is this the right ammo? I don't know all that much about assault weapons but I found it on one of the skinheads."

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm sorry I forgot to mention it in the last update. The rifle magazines that [b]Gary[/b] found do not fit the assault rifle. They are the wrong caliber.

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
"I'm coming!" Samantha runs around the balcony to get a line on the two fast zombies.

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:20 AM
In the private room-
Mr. Foo went back to the console, though he remained standing so that his wife could use the chair to block the door. He began to monitor the worsening world situation and relay the information back to Warren Air Force Base.

Cathy and Bobby left with their furniture just before Tony and Scotty entered the room.

Behind the motel-
Scotty was on his way to the stairs, but he turned back when his father emerged from the RV and went with him back to the open motel room to help him shift furniture. Tony thought he might have seen movement in the grass in the distance, but it could have been the wind for all he could tell. Cathy and Bobby emerged with their loads and wedged the furniture in between the RV and the back door. A little more shoring up and it would be as good as it was going to get.

"That's an M-16," said Wallace to Jim Kerr. "It takes 5.56mm ammo, same as my rifle. Here, I can give you a couple of magazines." He tossed two magazines to Jim Kerr as Gary and Luke scrambled into the back of the pickup truck with him and Jimmy. "I still have two magazines left, plus my revolver." He reloaded the Magnum while he was at it.

"All right, let's hit the road!" said Kimberly. Bo started up the truck and drove around the north side of the motel. "Good thinking, Wallace. Everyone, make sure your weapons are fully loaded." She reloaded her shotgun.
OOC,[b]Jim Kerr[/b], your chance to hit is the same this turn, but it will improve next turn. I miscalculated earlier; you only hit on a 6 or less.
On the motel balcony-
Hammond tried the doors as he made his way south on the east side of the motel, but they were all locked.

Ellen and Jenny carried furniture out of the motel room, followed by the dogs. They used it to block the stairs further. They could possibly be barricaded a little more, but the northwest stairs were still completely unblocked. Did they have time?

Samantha joined Mitchell on the southeast corner of the balcony, where she caught sight of the two running people on the highway to the east. They would be here in about three minutes, and she could see their red eyes already.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D8 if you fail. Since you've lost 1 Sanity for seeing zombies already, you can lose at most 7 more. Any Sanity loss of 8 counts as 7 instead. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If your Idea roll succeeds, you will go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely. If you do not go insane, you may take four shots at the zombies with your rifle this turn if you wish, reloading in the fifth round, as your rifle only holds four bullets. With precision aim, you can extend the base range. You are currently at 1/2 of your Rifle skill to hit them, though it will actually be 1/4 if you wish to aim at the head. They're much too far away to hit with the shotgun.
Between the motel and the T-Bone-
Bo drove the white pickup truck out of the motel's parking lot and onto the dirt road heading north from the truck stop.

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:01 pm
by aine
Sanity,49[dice]0[/dice] lose 1 San.
rifle,40[dice]1[/dice]
Samantha gasps when she sees the red-eyed zombies and the speed at which they are running. "They are so much faster than the other one I saw!" Nevertheless she aims carefully and takes her time on her shots; two crease past the running figures just missing them.
"Close but no cigar." She exclaims to Mitchell as she reloads.

Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo jams the chair under the door, muttering an ancient Chinese prayer as she does. Then she waits, her eyes closed, listening beyond her husband's quiet conversation with the military base for the first signs of trouble.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:43 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny looks at the north west side of the balcony "Damn it we are running out of time, the otherside needs to be dealt with, you want to quickly try and shove some furniture down there or do you think we are better off high-tailing it too a roof or locking ourselves in a room?"

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:45 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy pulls out his pocket knife "I don't need ammo, I plan to do some sneaking.... but if one of you's has a bigger knife I would be grateful to borrow it".

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm
by Silver Priest
Hearing the gun shots, Tony grabs Scotty's hand and yells to Bobby and Cathy. "Upstairs, everyone! I think company's coming!" He begins to head upstairs.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary reloads his rifle and makes sure his pistol is full as they pull out.

"Good luck." He calls out as they leave. "You know where we'll be."

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:40 pm
by Starspawn338
Since the runners are still too far away for his shotgun, Mitchell will try to haul another piece of furniture to the stairwell. He figures every little bit will help slow the infected down and give them a better chance to survive.

"Anybody with a rifle should come up top and try to kill the runners before they get here. Shoot them in the head!" He shouts as he runs down the balcony to the room he's hauling furniture from.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:44 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim doesn't waste time after the pickup pulls away. He heads up the stairs to balcony where he can get a better line of sight to the infected coming. When Mitchell shouts out, he goes to the southeast corner to join Samantha.
OOC,I don't want to waste ammo with less than a 10% chance of hitting. I will be aiming for the head so please let me know what my chance to hit is based upon the called shots to the head.

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:26 pm
by aine
Samantha grunts a welcome whilst keeping her eye on the rifle sight as Jim arrives. "Ready for pot shotting some rabbits?" She points out the two zombies. "These ones are fast; they'll be here in a minute or two if we don't take 'em out. And there's a horde of them making their way through the grass out west. They'll be here soon after."

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
10:21 AM
In the private room-
Mr. Foo continued his conversation while his wife waited nervously after wedging the chair under the doorknob. It probably wouldn't hold long, but it was better than nothing. She could hear shots being fired from somewhere.
OOC,[b]Ms. Foo[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Tony and Scotty dragged out their last load of furniture.

Behind the motel-
Cathy and Bobby ran north to the northwest stairs while Tony and Scotty added their furniture to the barricade at the back door, which was about as good as it was going to get.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr took the time to ascend the stairs and get a better vantage point on the balcony, as he still didn't have a decent chance of hitting. He could still see the eighteen zombies staggering through the field in the distance, coming ever closer. They would arrive in six minutes. They were, however, still not close enough to be worth taking shots for him at this point. He was a long way from the southeast corner, though. He could either run south along the west side of the motel, which would keep the zombies in the grass in sight, or he could head east to the northeast corner, which would probably bring the fast zombies on the east into view, but he wouldn't be able to target the ones in the field from there.

"We'll never get to the roof in time," said Ellen to Jenny as she started running north with her and the dogs. "Locking ourselves in a room won't stall them long, either. We have to block those stairs!" They made it about halfway to the northwest stairs.

Samantha fired four shots, and while one came very close, they all missed. Her targets kept getting closer. The good news was that her chances of hitting them went up, but the bad news was that they were now only two minutes away. She reloaded. Hammond arrived from the north.
OOC,[b]Jim Kerr[/b], your chances of shooting the zombies to the west in the head with single shots are now 6%. You may instead fire bursts of 3 bullets each, which will hit on 12 + 15 (you get +5 to hit for each bullet in the burst) = 27 or less, but they won't necessarily hit the head and they will use far more ammo. If a burst hits, you would roll 1D3 to see how many bullets hit, and then 1D20 for hit location and 2D8 for damage for each bullet that does. They hit the head on a 19 or 20. It's still not a good chance to hit the head. [b]Samantha[/b], you may fire four more shots and then reload in the fifth round. This time the zombies are within normal range, so there is only the half skill penalty for aiming at the head. This means you hit on a 40 or less. If you hit, you may roll damage, though I think even minimum damage with that rifle will kill either zombie with a headshot.
In an upstairs motel room-
Mitchell rushed into the room and gathered a second load of furniture.

Between the motel and the T-Bone-
Bo drove the pickup truck off to the north.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], [b]Wallace[/b], [b]Bo[/b], [b]Luke[/b], [b]Gary[/b], and [b]Kimberly[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Storming the Castle

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:14 am
by Silver Priest
Tony follows his wife and son up the stairs. "Get up as high as you can," he urges. "Then see if there are any guns or anything around. You don't want to get up close and personal with these things."

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:26 pm
by aine
Samantha calmly takes another four shots, breathing deeply between each one.
rifle,[dice]0[/dice]
But the air is hazy and all four shots pass harmlessly. "What is wrong with me!" She mutters and reloads.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:43 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will run to the east to get into view of where the gunshots are coming from. He doesn't like leaving line of sight of the infected in the back of the motel but they are still too far away to shoot at. When he gets into position to fire at the runners, he will do so.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:45 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell hauls more furniture to the stairwell. He probably won't get ready to shoot until the runners are at the stairwell. Hopefully they won't make it that far.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:50 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny grunts as she forces as much effort into the task at hand as possible "Fair enough, lets get as much furniture over as possible"

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy
10:22 AM
In the private room-
There was more gunfire, penetrating even the soundproofed room. The good news was that it let the Foos know that someone was still alive out there to shoot. The bad news was that they hadn't yet shot all the targets. The worse news, of which they were unaware, was that they hadn't yet hit any of them.

Behind the motel-
Tony and Scotty raced north, reaching the bottom of the northwest stairs, while Cathy and Bobby ran up them.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr ran east to the northeast corner of the balcony, arriving just as Samantha reloaded. The two fast infected were now getting dangerously close to the truck stop, and so far they were both unscathed.

Mitchell dragged the furniture out of the open motel room at the southeast corner and continued to barricade the stairs. Movement on them was now blocked, but the barricade wouldn't hold for long. Hammond staggered into the room behind him and immediately collapsed on the bed.

"We'll get the furniture from the room closest to the northwest stairs!" said Ellen as she and Jenny arrived with the dogs at the top of the stairs just as Cathy and Bobby reached the top. Ellen already had the keys in her hand, and she unlocked the closest door.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b] and [b]Jim[/b], you both have five rounds to shoot at the two zombies to the east. [b]Samantha[/b] has only four bullets in the magazine and will have to reload in the fifth round, but [b]Jim[/b] has enough bullets to fire for all five rounds. At the end of that time, any surviving zombies from the east will arrive at the highway's off ramp to the truck stop, but it will still take them a little longer to reach the motel itself. Your chance to hit one of the two zombies in the head is simply half your Rifle skill. For each shot that hits, you may roll damage. I'll count the shots alternately, starting with [b]Jim[/b] who has the higher DEX. If both zombies go down, I'll consider you to have stopped firing at that point so you can save some ammo if you have any rounds left.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:17 am
by Silver Priest
Keeping hold of Scottie, Tony runs up to join the rest of his family.

"We have to get up stairs before the monsters reach us son. Or we'll lose this level!" And our lives.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 pm
by aine
Samantha reloads stoically and aims again; time is running out. "Don't forget, Jim, aim for the head." She whispers and then shoots, the noise reverberates around the truck stop.
Rifle,40 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] 3 hits at damage 5, 8, 10 I think.

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The first two shots hit, and that first one is a critical and does 4D6+8 damage. The second is a regular hit and does 2D6+4 damage. Even with minimum damage, those are both good for kills. That gives you three or possibly four more rounds to take other actions, [b]Samantha[/b]. If [b]Jim[/b]'s first or second shot kills a zombie, then you'll only have fired one shot. [b]Jim[/b], you only need to fire twice, and you'll have three or possibly four rounds to take other actions. If your first shot kills a zombie (5 or 6 damage to the head is usually enough), [b]Samantha[/b]'s first shot kills the other one, and you can both stop firing at that point. If your first shot misses, but your second shot is a kill, [b]Samantha[/b] can still stop firing after the first shot, and you can stop at that point too. If your first two shots don't kill a zombie, [b]Samantha[/b] will finish them both with her first two shots, which still leaves you each three rounds to act.

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:16 am
by Starspawn338
Jim goes to the balcony railing and rests his rifle on it to steady his shots. He lines up the running infected and starts firing.
OOC,Rifle 50 (Called shot to head at half) 25 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] I rolled all shots just in case. I wasn't sure if Samantha's 40 reflected half skill for head shots. If it doesn't, then only her first shot hit. My third shot hit. I think damage is 2d8 [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will run and get another load of furniture. Now that there are two people firing at the infected, he feels a bit better about continuing to barricade the stairwells.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 pm
by aine
"Well done, Jim!" exclaims Samantha as the two zombies' heads disappear in a red mist. "Good teamwork. We should find someone to keep watch over this direction but we've got to get round to cover the field." She lifts her rifle and beckons him to follow her round to the west.
"Mitchell! " she shouts. "Get your backside up here now, we need you and the shotgun on the west balcony! Everyone get ready; there's a horde approaching!" She shouts as loud as she can.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 am
by Leonulf
Jenny goes with Ellen into the closet room to continue grabbing and moving the furniture. As the other two arrive at the top of the stairs she calls out "quick help us shift this furniture"

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm
by aine
Samantha responds, "We're going to start shooting them. The furniture will only slow them down. You should find something for a weapon; a clothes rail or anything and get ready."

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:58 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo listens to the shooting and turns to Mr Foo to say something:
Mandarin,Husband, you can't help the military if you are dead. Maybe we should go up to the roof whilst we still can. Then you can resume your work once the military have secured the area. We are sitting Peking ducks here."
she chortles.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will jog west to the northwest corner and get into a position to begin shooting the slow moving infected in the grass. If the infected are still several minutes away, he'll take the time to reload his magazine and make sure he has another one handy to swap out.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
10:23 AM
In the private room-
Ms. and Mr. Foo,"It is too late," said [b]Mr. Foo[/b] in sorrowful Mandarin Chinese. "They will have already blocked the rear entrance. By the time we got out the front and went around to the back where the ladder is, they would be here. The shooting has already started. Besides, I must do my duty. I just have to keep going until relief arrives." [b]Mr. Foo[/b] switched to English and spoke into the microphone. "Major, how much longer?" he asked. "ETA is fifteen minutes," replied [b]Major Andrews[/b].
Behind the motel-
Scotty raced up the stairs with his father, easily reaching the top first. "We should play coop more often, Dad!" he said. "This is awesome!"

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr and Samantha began firing. Jim's two shots missed, but Samantha's were dead on, and both of her targets went down. With things now clear to the east, Jim ran along the balcony to the northwest corner while Samantha ran to the southwest corner. Jim still had over twenty rounds left in his magazine, which was enough to fire until the zombies arrived, but he'd want to have some ammo left over after that, so he reloaded on the run with a fresh magazine. When he reached the corner, he could still see the eighteen of them coming through the grass. They were still four minutes away. Samantha could see the grass moving in the distance, but she couldn't make out individual targets. Mitchell ducked into the motel room that Hammond had just entered.

Ellen, Cathy, Bobby, Jenny and the dogs ran into the open room closest to the northwest stairs as Tony and Scotty reached the top.
OOC,[b]Jim Kerr[/b], you may fire up to five shots at the zombies' heads this turn. They're close enough now that your skill is only divided in half for aiming at the head. [b]Samantha[/b], please roll Spot Hidden. If you get half your Spot Hidden skill or less, you can see the zombies clearly now and may also get five rounds to shoot at half skill this turn. You only have two bullets left in the current magazine, so you'll have to spend one of those rounds to reload, leaving you with four shots. If you don't succeed at half skill, you may try again up to five more times at half skill, once for each round. If you eventually succeed at half Spot Hidden, you may use the remaining rounds to shoot and reload.
In the upstairs motel room, northwest corner-
Ellen, Cathy, Bobby, and Jenny began collecting furniture.

In the upstairs motel room, southeast corner-
Mitchell ran into the room, where Hammond lay on the bed moaning. "Burns like hell..." he muttered, pressing a pillow against the sides of his head.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:55 am
by Silver Priest
"..Right," Tony pants out, exhausted. He moves to enter the door his wife and son just went into. With gunfire going on he did not want to risk any of them getting caught in the crossfire.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:47 pm
by aine
Mitchell! where's my shotgun? I need it now!" Samantha shouts angrily. She was even better with the shotgun and it would be very useful, with or without Mitchell, if the zombies stormed the stairs.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], please continue rolling Spot Hidden. You have five more tries this turn to get half your skill or less. Any unused tries can be used to take rifle shots or reload.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:18 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will go to the balcony and kneel, resting the barrel of the rifle on the railing and begin firing at the infected in the grass.
OOC,Rifle 50 (Head Shot at half) 25 [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:50 pm
by Leonulf
"This is becoming quite the workout, I hope the barricade will hold and we won't have to add running as well."

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:33 pm
by aine
Samantha scans the field from the southwest corner; she knows they are out there...

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:24 AM
In the private room-
Mr. Foo continued to relay information about the rapidly deteriorating world situation. It was hard to imagine how everything had unraveled so quickly. Asia was a shambles, and Europe wasn't far behind. From the sounds of gunfire outside, it wasn't much better in America.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr fired five shots, striking two of his targets in the head. At this rate, he wouldn't be able to thin out their ranks enough. Sixteen still remained, and they would reach the motel in three minutes. He had to hope Samantha would be able to see them clearly enough to start shooting, but the tall grass obstructed her vision. She could see the moving figures, but not well enough to be able to hit them in the head.

Cathy and Bobby each emerged from the motel room with a load of furniture, while Ellen helped Jenny with hers and Tony and Scotty slipped into the room. "Yeah, this is exhausting," said Ellen. "I work hard at the motel under normal circumstances, but I don't usually have to move furniture around." The dogs trailed behind them. They were able to block the northwest stairwell fairly decently, but there was still room for further reinforcement.

Mitchell emerged from the motel room on the southeast corner and shored up the barricade on the nearby stairs when he heard Samantha call.
OOC,Damage to zombies' heads from 5.56mm NATO bullets: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [b]Jim[/b], you may fire another five times at half skill. [b]Samantha[/b], you also have another five rounds. Each round you may roll Spot Hidden at half skill to try to see them well enough to shoot at the head until you get a success. Once you do, in future rounds, you may begin shooting and roll Rifle at half skill.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 am
by Silver Priest
"Does anyone have a gun?" Tony asks, helping to move furniture as well. "We need to be ready if any of them make it this far-- this furniture won't hold them for long."

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell! where's my shotgun? I need it now!" Samantha shouts angrily.
"I'm over here." Mitchell replies. The stairwell will have to do for now. After he drops off his load at the stairwell, he'll jog down the south side to where Samantha is.

"If it's time to start shooting, I'll start shooting but you already have a gun. I need the shotgun to defend against the infected. I already killed two of them with this shotgun but I only have 4 more shells. Then it's a big old club." Mitchell says to Samantha. "Why aren't you shooting? Don't you see them walking around out there in the grass?" He points out the infected. "There... and there... and there..."
OOC,Let me know when they are in range for the shotgun.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:07 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will continue firing at the approaching infected.
OOC,Rifle 50 (Head shot) 25 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Damage 2d8 [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice]

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 pm
by aine
spot hidden,40[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]
Samantha looks at where Mitchell is pointing, after a moment she says, "Yes! I see them now, thank you, Mitchell! If you are almost out of ammo then wait until they are climbing the stairs before you shoot. She takes a pot at the two leading zombies but misses them.
ooc,does Samantha have any extra shotgun ammo in her pocket or her room that she can give Mitchell?

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, [b]Samantha[/b] has plenty of extra shells that she can give to [b]Mitchell[/b]. I believe she has 44 left; you can check the Locations and Weapons thread. [b]Mitchell[/b] can reload now. He does not need to roll Spot Hidden, as he has already seen them clearly. [b]Samantha[/b] does need to roll Sanity now that she's seen the zombies. Sanity loss is 1/1D8 again. The maximum amount of Sanity you can lose is 6, as you've already lost 2 for seeing zombies, so if you fail the Sanity roll and lose 7 or 8, it only counts as 6.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:42 pm
by aine
"Here, Mitchell, I've got more shotgun ammo you can have; there should be 44 but that's the end of them." She gives them to him and then prepares to fire her rifle again.
Sanity,[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:25 AM
In the private room-
More shooting came from somewhere overhead, while Mr. Foo reported a litany of cities in chaos and on fire and bases under attack and overrun across the world.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr fired five more shots. His first three missed, but his next two drilled two of the zombies perfectly between the eyes, and they fell. Samantha finally saw them clearly and wished she hadn't. Some of them had wounds that nobody should even survive after receiving, much less remain ambulatory. The horror was overwhelming, and she didn't know what to do. Fortunately, others did. Mitchell reached the southwest corner and took the mostly full box of shells from her and loaded one of them into his shotgun, so that it was now fully loaded.

"Yeah, we need guns!" said Scotty as he helped his father bring another load of furniture out and pile it on the barricaded stairway. There was still a little room left. "The barricading phase is almost over, and soon we'll have to shoot the zombies!"

"I can finish this stairway," said Cathy. "The rest of you get to the other side of the balcony and do something about the stairs over there." She ducked into the motel room while Ellen, Jenny, and Bobby headed east, the dogs trailing after them.
OOC,14 zombies remain. [b]Jim[/b], you may fire five more shots, at half skill for firing at the head. [b]Samantha[/b], you may reload and then fire four shots, also at half skill for shooting at the head. [b]Mitchell[/b], the zombies are now within regular range for your shotgun with precision aim. However, at this range a successful hit will only do 1D6 damage. Normally you could fire a shotgun at multiple targets at this range due to spread, but the zombies are fairly spread out and you're specifically targeting the head, so that won't apply in this case. The damage will be 1D6 until they're within 20 yards, which will be a little while. You may fire up to five shots now at half your Shotgun skill for shooting at the head, rolling damage for each shot that hits. [b]Samantha[/b]'s Idea roll (70% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good: [dice]0[/dice] Type and duration of temporary insanity: [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
Samantha,You've gone temporarily insane for 14 rounds, including the two that happened after you saw the zombies. Your temporary insanity is echopraxia, which means you do what you see others doing. Right now, that means shooting at zombies, so your two shots still go off (and miss). You may still reload, and you'll need to do so now that your rifle is empty.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:03 am
by Silver Priest
"Alright Cath, stay safe." Tony looks like he wants to say more, but he refrains. Instead he nods and hurries off to try and reinforce the stairs she had pointed them to.

"Is there any really heavy furniture up here?" He asks. "I'm wondering if we could all drag abed out here and push it down the stairs when some of the infected start up them. Maybe it would crush them. At the very least it should delay them; these folks don't seem able to dodge."

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny nods to Cathy and makes her away to the other side "Well I think we are starting to look a lot more solid up here at least, it should certainly slow them down"

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 pm
by Starspawn338
"Anyone that can shoot a pistol is welcome to use mine to fire at the infected coming." Jim shouts as he continues firing.
OOC,Rifle 50 (Head shot) 25 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will join in firing at the infected with the others.
OOC,Shotgun 50 (Head shot) 25 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Damage 1d6 [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Jim[/b]'s first shot jams the rifle, unfortunately. The second Rifle roll will be used to clear the jam, which is a success. However, it takes 1D6 rounds to unjam it, so please roll 1D6. If you roll more than 4 for the number of rounds, they will spill over into next turn. If it takes 3 or fewer rounds, the remaining rounds will be used to fire, and the additional rolls (which all missed) will be applied. At least [b]Mitchell[/b] managed to get a kill.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:16 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Jam 1d6 [dice]0[/dice] Oh joy.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm
by aine
Samantha reloads furiously and aims, "Take this you bastards!" She cries, spittle flying from her mouth, she seems crazed but slowed down to focus on her shots.
rifle,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:38 am
by Mr. Handy
10:26 AM
In the private room-
As the battle raged outside, Mr. Foo calmly continued to report to the Air Force.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr's next shot jammed his rifle at the worst possible moment. He struggled to clear the jammed round, but it wasn't cooperating. Samantha reloaded and fired four more times, downing two of the infected, while one of Mitchell's five shotgun blasts managed to blow one of their heads off at long range.

"I'll take the gun!" said Scotty.

"No!" said Cathy. "Go with your father and brother! I'll be right behind you!" She lugged a twin bed out of the room and piled it onto the barricaded northwest stairs, which were now as blocked as they were going to get, and not a moment too soon.

"Aww..." muttered Scotty following Tony to the northeast corner.

"We've got twin beds in some rooms," said Ellen as she unlocked the nearest door to the northeast stairs, "but I'm not about to leave a stairway unblocked for them to start climbing. If the bed didn't work, we'd be sitting ducks. We need to block off all the stairways, fast!" She hurried in with Bobby, Jenny and the dogs at their heels.

Then eleven zombies stumbled out of the grass and into the motel's rear parking lot, heading right for the motel! They would reach it in only a minute.
OOC,Since [b]Samantha[/b] had to spend the first round reloading, she only got four shots off, but two of them are hits (and impales besides). [b]Jim Kerr[/b], if you wish to continue clearing the jam, it will take two rounds, which will leave you three shots. Alternatively, the zombies are now in normal range for your .44 Magnum, so you may use that instead to fire up to five shots, at half skill for shooting at the head. [b]Samantha[/b], you may reload your rifle in the first round and then fire four more shots. [b]Mitchell[/b], your shotgun is now empty. Each round you may load two shells. Your best bet is to do that for the first two rounds, and then you may fire three shots. In the first three rounds, the zombies will still be over 20 yards away, and a hit (at half skill for aiming at the head) will do 1D6 damage. In the fourth round, they'll be 15 yards away, and a hit will do 2D6 damage. In the last round, they'll be less than ten yards away, and a hit will do 4D6 damage. After these five rounds are over, the zombies will reach the motel and pass under the balcony, at which point you will no longer be able to see a bunch of them, and they will then have access to the back door and the stairs. However, with the RV parked behind the back door, any zombies in the middle will have to flow around it and may still be visible for the first round of the following turn.

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:56 am
by Silver Priest
"That's fair-- I think I saw it in a Three Stooges routine, though I don't think we can rely on slapstick to save us now." Tony continues to help reinforce any stairwells that remain open. Even if they could only block one off for a minute, hopefully that would be enough time for the folks with guns to take them down.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
"Take that, suckers!" Samantha screams uncharacteristicly, she reloads and fires four more rounds straight into the zombies as they lurch forward.
Rifle,40[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo whispers, "You must whisper, husband, I'm sure it won't be long. Maybe the zombies are deaf; like me!" Her shoulders shake as she stifles a laugh.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:59 am
by Leonulf
Jenny continues the task at hand "Agreed I don't plan on leaving any open access, there should be plenty of furniture - I guess we dont stop till its all been shifted"

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim struggles to get the jammed cartridge out of the rifle and decides to switch to his pistol as the infected continue closing in. Unfortunately, he has no better luck with his .44 Magnum as his gun jams on the last shot. Cursing, he starts clearing the chamber.
OOC,Handgun 62 (Head Shot) 31 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] Damage for hit 1d10+1d4+2 [dice]6[/dice] [dice]7[/dice] Damage 7 Clear pistol Jam [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell reloads and then fires three more shots as the infected break into the clear and head to the motel. Unlike the uniformed man next to him who is cursing his jammed guns, Mitchell calmly hits on all three of this shots and blows the heads off of two of the infected as they get closer.
OOC,Shotgun 50 (Head shot) 25 [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] Damage First Shot 1d6 [dice]3[/dice] I believe the next two shots are impaling shots so they should kill automatically. Damage Second Shot 2d6 [dice]4[/dice] Damage Third Shot 4d6 [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy
10:27 AM
In the private room-
Mr. Foo kept his voice down as he continued to report.

On the motel balcony-
Jim Kerr switched to his revolver. The .44 Magnum's first shot downed one of the zombies, but the next three missed, the recoil throwing off his aim more and more. His fifth shot was a dud round, which did not go off and remained in the chamber. He only had one good bullet left in the revolver. The lead zombie passed underneath the balcony near the northwest stairs and was no longer in sight, but two more were behind it and hadn't quite reached it yet.

Samantha reloaded and fired four times. Only her last shot took down a zombie, and now her magazine was empty. Mitchell loaded four shells quickly and fired three times with deadly accuracy. The first shell hit one of the zombies in the head with a little buckshot. It dropped back, but it still kept coming. He then shot down two more as they closed in on the motel, the last shot blowing a zombie's head clean off its shoulders. Only the zombie with the head wound was still heading for the southwest stairs near where they stood.

In the center at the back of the motel, three zombies reached the RV and began to try to filter around it. They remained in sight.

Cathy ran east along the north side of the motel to the northeast corner.

Ellen and Jenny lugged some furniture out of the room and back onto the balcony, followed by Bobby with his own load and the dogs. They made a good start to blockading the northeast stairs, and now nobody could go up or down them. Tony and Scotty entered the motel room to pick up more furniture.
OOC,[b]Jim[/b] has a revolver, so that Malfunction is just a dud round and not a jam. Of course, he only has one bullet left in it right now. Zombie positions: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice] Zombies that arrive right away: [dice]7[/dice] There are three zombies heading for the northwest stairs, three zombies in the middle, and one zombie going for the southwest stairs. We're going to single combat rounds per major update now, so everyone gets one round to act. [b]Jim[/b], you have one bullet left in your revolver, which you may fire. [b]Mitchell[/b], you have one shell loaded in your shotgun, which you may fire. [b]Samantha[/b], your rifle is empty, so you will need to reload before you can fire it, which takes one round. Alternatively, you may fire your pistol instead. Please let me know which zombie you're targeting if you fire.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:38 am
by Silver Priest
Tony moves more furniture to the nearest staircase. He knows the zombies will be reaching them very soon.

"Everyone who lacks a weapon may want to head inside soon, they'll be here any minute! Hopefully we've done enough to slow them down."

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:29 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny calls the dogs to follow her as she moves into a room "Even if I wasn't unarmed, hiding in a room seems sensible I hope to hell the barricades hold, this god damn day."

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 pm
by aine
Samantha hurriedly reloads. She will aim at the southwest zombie which, I think, is nearest her.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will fire his last shot at one of the two infected he can still see heading for the northwest stairway.
OOC,Rifle 62 (Head shot) 31 [dice]0[/dice]
"Does anyone else know how to shoot up here?" He shouts.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will fire the last bullet in his shotgun at the infected heading for the southwest stairs.
OOC,Shotgun 50 (Head shot) 25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:27:12 AM
In the private room-
The gunfire dwindled, but the Foos could now hear something being battered behind the motel.
OOC,[b]Ms. and Mr. Foo[/b], you may both roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
On the motel balcony-
Jim and Mitchell both missed with their last shots, while Samantha reloaded her rifle. Before anyone had a chance to fire again, all of the zombies except for one lagging behind and heading for the northwest stairs disappeared under the balcony. At the same time, Jim could hear the barricade at the bottom of the northwest stairs being smashed. The zombie hitting it was very strong, but most of the barricade remained in place. Still, it wouldn't hold for long, and there was currently no way he could shoot at it - or the other one that was now joining it.

Ellen unlocked the door next to the one from which the furniture was being taken for the barricade. "In here!" she called, ducking inside. "We'll have more furniture in this room we can use to barricade the room itself after we're all inside! The other open room doesn't have as much left!" Cathy, Bobby, Jenny, and the dogs followed her inside.

In an upstairs motel room-
Scotty helped Tony lift a heavy desk and start to bring it to the door.
OOC,Damage to northwest barricade: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice] Zombies that arrive this round: [dice]0[/dice] Everyone now has one combat round to act. Only [b]Samantha[/b] can currently shoot, and only one zombie is visible. [b]Jim[/b], you may continue to unjam the rifle (which takes a total of 2 more rounds) or reload two bullets in the revolver. [b]Mitchell[/b], you may reload two shells in the shotgun. You may move to another position while clearing a jam or reloading.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:54 am
by Silver Priest
Hearing the zombies were close, Tony brings the desk over to the room the others had just ducked into. He plans to put the desk up against the door after they're all inside. He feels a bit bad for Jim and the others, but reasons they have guns-- they don't.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:02 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will sling the rifle on his back and begin reloading his pistol as he falls back to get a better shooting position should the infected breach the stairway.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:04 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will begin reloading his shotgun as he heads to where Ellen had shouted from.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm
by aine
Samantha shoots the lone zombie.
rifle,40[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice] Damage: 8 and 10.
If she kills it before she runs out of bullets she then fired on the slow zombie lagging behind.
"The zombies are after the old people down below- we must draw them out." She shouts between shots.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo stands resolutely, pointing her pistol at the door.
listen,25[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:27:24 AM
In the private room-
"We're under attack," Mr. Foo told Major Andrews. "How much longer until the troops arrive."

"ETA is about ten minutes," replied the major.

"I don't think we can hold out that long."
OOC,[b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Listen roll (58% skill) in the private room: [dice]0[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Jim backed past the corner as he hastily loaded two bullets into his revolver, leaning around it to get a view of the top of the stairs. The barricade was being badly hammered, and pretty soon there was very little of it left. He could see two zombies near the top of the stairs, destroying what little remained. One of them was built like a linebacker, much like one of the fast ones from earlier. Had a whole football team been infected? The other was a tall, skinny woman.

At the southwest corner, Samantha plugged the last zombie heading for the northwest stairs seconds before it would have disappeared from view under the balcony. A good thing too, as that stairway now had the weakest barricade. The barricade on the southwest stairs was being hit too, though not anywhere near as hard. Mitchell retreated to the southeast corner, reloading two shells into his shotgun. He could see far to the north that people were heading into the second room from the end.

Scotty helped Tony carry the desk out through the door and out onto the balcony.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], you only got one shot, as we're doing individual combat rounds, and there's only one zombie you could see to target. Fortunately, you hit and killed it. That leaves six zombies. [b]Jim Kerr[/b], you can see two of them, and you may fire at one if you wish. The range is point blank, so the doubling of your skill cancels out the halving for aiming at the head. If you hit the zombie in the head, you will probably kill it, but please roll damage just to make sure. Please also specify which zombie you are targeting. If you kill one, the other will be held up on the last of the barricade long enough to keep it from you. However, if you miss, one of the two zombies will be able to attack you. You may instead take a different action if you wish. [b]Mitchell[/b] and [b]Samantha[/b], you cannot see any of the zombies from your current positions. Damage to northwest barricade from zombie 1: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice] Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2: [dice]3[/dice]+[dice]4[/dice] Damage to rear barricade from zombie 3: [dice]5[/dice] Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]6[/dice] Damage to rear barricade from zombie 5: [dice]7[/dice]+[dice]8[/dice] Damage to northwest barricade from zombie 6: [dice]9[/dice]+[dice]10[/dice]
Samantha,[b]Samantha[/b] is no longer temporarily insane.
"Hurry!" Cathy called out the open door to Tony and Scotty. "Get inside, fast!"

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 am
by Starspawn338
Jim fires at the larger of the two zombies.
OOC,Pistol 62 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 1d10+1d4+2 [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] Damage 6

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will head toward the room the others are gathering in as he continues to load his shotgun.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm
by Silver Priest
Seeing the others fighting, Tony is torn on fleeing and staying to assist in reinforcing the barricade. But he's never been a brave man, and one of his son's was already injured. He had to protect his other one. He enters into the room, waiting for Mitchell to come inside( if he wants to) before he closes the door and sets the furniture against it.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:58 am
by Leonulf
Jenny helps move the room furtniture to barricade the door itself "This should be pretty secure once we have blocked the doorway, I hope the others are able to clear out all the zombies"

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 am
by Mr. Handy
10:27:36 AM
In the private room-
"Hold out as long as you can, then," said Major Andrews. "We need those reports for as long as you can make them. The less time we're effectively blind, the better. What have you got on Russia?"

"Understood," said Mr. Foo. He went back to reporting on the chaos in Russia, which while not as bad as China, was still in dire shape.

On the motel balcony-
Jim fired his revolver, barely taking off the top of the big guy's head. He stood still and staggered for a second and then fell, tumbling back down the stairs. The female zombie smashed through the rest of the barricade and stumbled onto the balcony, stretching her arms out toward him and moaning. She was only a few feet away.

Samantha hesitated, and then she saw the female zombie breach the barricade and make it to the balcony, where she went after Jim. It was a straight shot to the north from her position, and she'd have one chance to hit her with her rifle. She could hear the barricade on the southwest stairs nearby being broken, but the stairway was still halfway blocked. It would hold long enough for her to deal with the zombie.

Mitchell loaded another two shells as he ran north along the east side of the motel's balcony, getting about halfway to the room which Tony and Scotty entered.
OOC,Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2: [dice]0[/dice]+[dice]1[/dice] Damage to rear barricade from zombie 3: [dice]2[/dice] Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]3[/dice] Damage to rear barricade from zombie 5: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice] [b]Jim[/b], you may fire one more time at the second zombie at point blank range before it reaches you. However, if you miss, or if you don't do enough damage, it will get to attack unless [b]Samantha[/b] takes it down. If you want to retreat to the east, please roll DEX x 5. Failure means the zombie will get to attack before you get out of reach. [b]Samantha[/b], you may also fire one shot at the zombie. Your range is not point blank, just normal range for a rifle, so your skill would be halved. There is no risk to you this round.
Tony and Scotty pulled the desk into the room. "Hurry!" screamed Ellen.

"Wait!" said Scotty to Jenny. "Someone else is coming!"

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05 am
by Silver Priest
"Yeah, and he's got a gun," Tony assures the others. "So uh, let's wait. It looks like our boys are doing well at holding the infected off. If things go sideways though I'm ready to close and barricade the door."

"Good job being so considerate, son!" He beams at Scotty, glad he and Cathy were rising the boy right.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:04 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Pistol 62 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 1d10+1d4+2 [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
Jim backs up a couple steps and fires his last bullet at the woman charging forward.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell continues to move down the hall to where the others are, finishing loading his shotgun as he goes.
"You saw how barricading worked on the front door downstairs. They are going to just batter it down. It's best to kill them." He says to Tony.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:49 pm
by aine
ooc,62/62: what a shot, Starspawn!
Samantha has no time to assess what the situation; that lady zombie is almost upon Jim. She lifts her rifle and shoots along the balcony:
rifle,40[dice]0[/dice]
But it misses the zombie by a mile. "RUN, Jim!" She screams. "Where the hell are the others?! We can't hold them off on our own!"

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:27:48 AM
In the private room-
"Vladivostok went nuclear," reported Mr. Foo, "but the Russian Pacific fleet had already been sent out to sea. I'm fairly sure this one was self-inflicted."

"I sure hope so," said Major Andrews. "The last thing we need is them thinking we did it."

On the motel balcony-
Both shots missed the lady, who lurched around the corner and out of Samantha's line of sight. She tried to grab Jim, who just narrowly eluded her grasp. However, his revolver was now empty, and his rifle was still jammed.

The hammering on the barricaded southwest stairs near Samantha continued. The barricade was mostly gone now, but it would still hold a little while longer.

Mitchell reached the open door to the motel room where everyone was gathering, his shotgun now fully loaded.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], you cannot see the zombie from your current position. [b]Jim[/b], you have one round to act now. If you attack the zombie with a hand-to-hand attack, such as with your nun-chucks or unarmed, you may aim at the head by subtracting 5 from your effective skill. If you want to try to flee, you will need to roll DEX x 5 to not be attacked from behind before escaping. Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2: [dice]0[/dice]+[dice]1[/dice] Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]2[/dice] Zombie 6's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Jim[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] Zombie 6's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Jim[/b]: [dice]4[/dice]
"Thanks, Dad!" said Scotty. "It might be worth bonus points."

Mitchell was now visible on the balcony just outside the door.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm
by aine
Samantha wants to protect the southwest staircase but Jim is in even more immediate peril: she runs after the lady zombie, hoping to shoot her from behind.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo looks over at her husband fondly; he was so dedicated and brace. She looks back at the door and waits.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:52 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Nunchucks 66 (Head shot) 61 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 1d8+1d4 [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] Damage 1d8+1d4 [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice]
With no bullets left in his pistol, Jim whips out his nunchucks and smashes them down on the infected woman's head, one after the other.

"You're not going to get me today!" He shouts.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:04 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will stand ready at the door to shoot any infected coming around the corner.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:28 AM
In the private room-
"Are you sure we didn't?" asked Mr. Foo.

"I have no way of knowing," crackled Major Andrews's voice over the speaker. "You're my only means of communication with the outside world. All I know is that nothing was launched from here."

On the motel balcony-
The nunchucks crunched down on the female zombie's head, sending her tumbling to the ground as she tried in vain to take Jim with her. She wasn't quite dead yet, however. She was still twitching.

On the west side of the balcony, Samantha ran toward the sound of fighting. She was now halfway to the northwest corner, but she couldn't see what was going on around it. All she could hear was the crunch.

Mitchell took up his post outside the open door with his shotgun ready. He too could hear the crunch from around the corner.
OOC,[b]Jim[/b], I took the first set of attack and damage rolls, as they were made earlier, so you did 3 damage, which is not enough for a kill. However, the zombie is severely crippled, so if you wish to flee, you may now do so without making a roll. Alternatively, you may attack again. Any additional hit to the head will finish off the zombie, regardless of how much damage you do. Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie 6's Bite attack (30% chance) on [b]Jim[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Zombie 6's Grapple attack (25% chance) on [b]Jim[/b]: [dice]2[/dice]
"Are you coming in?" Ellen asked Mitchell through the open door.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:37 pm
by Silver Priest
"I'd love to kill these things," Tony says. "Well, if we can't restrain them until we find a cure, anyway. But I don't have a gun, and don't want to get near these things if I can help it. They already bit my son's nose off."

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:53 am
by Leonulf
Jenny turns to Ellen "I think hes planning to shoot anything that gets past the barricades, if we keep the furniture to the side of the door he could dash in and we could quickly give it a shove once the door is closed to block it off, can't leave someone hanging but we got to be ready"

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm
by Starspawn338
"I think hes planning to shoot anything that gets past the barricades,
"Hell yea I'm planning on shooting whatever gets up here." Mitchell replies. "They tore threw the front door and the back door downstairs. This room door ain't going to be any different. You'd do well to find yourselves some kind of weapon for when they do."

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Can I use the second nunchuck's roll to finish it off. I was swinging with both of them and they're so fast, I thought I'd hit her with them both. :) If not, I'm running past it to go back up [b]Samantha[/b], loading my pistol as I go.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:38 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:28:12 AM
In the private room-
Powerful blows struck the door to the room from outside. "We're under attack!" cried Mr. Foo. He drew his MP-5 in his right hand and his sword in his left and stood in front of the door. "Dear, stay behind me and use the pistol!"
OOC,Damage to private room door from zombie 3: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to private room door from zombie 5: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Jim brought down the nunchucks on the fallen zombie's head again, shattering its skull into thousands of fragments. Samantha reached the northwest corner right after that.

Mitchell remained at his post in front of the open motel room door.
OOC,The nunchucks only get one attack per round; it's assumed that you're attacking with both of them. I'll count that second roll as your attack for this round, which is good for a kill. Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]3[/dice]
"The shooting stopped," said Cathy. "Is that good or bad?"

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:16 pm
by aine
Samantha slams on the breaks. "Thank god! I thought you were a gonner, Jim. Good work with those stick things. Look, there are some breaking through the barricade on the southwest stairs and others have gone in on the ground floor; I think the old woman is down stairs and that family are hiding up here somewhere. I think we should try to shoot the ones on the staircase first. And then tackle the ones downstairs."
ooc,Can they see the zombies on the SW stairs from the NW corner?

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, you can't see any zombies from where you are right now.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:27 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will load his pistol as he heads towards the stairway that the infected are still attacking.

"Come on... maybe we can get a shot in while they are trying to get through the barricade." He says to Samantha. "Thanks for having my back there. He continues with a nod.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:29 pm
by Starspawn338
"You guys okay?" Mitchell yells as the gunfire subsides. He'll continue to watch for any infected coming down the balcony.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy
10:28:24 AM
In the private room-
A punch smashed a hole in the upper part of the door, and three zombies were visible just outside it in the lobby, though only two could get at the door. The chair was the only reason it was still standing at all, and it wouldn't hold long.
OOC,[b]Ms. Foo[/b], you do not need to roll Sanity, as you've already lost 8 Sanity from seeing zombies. You have one combat round in which to act. [b]Mr. Foo[/b] is at point blank range, but [b]Ms. Foo[/b] would only be at point blank range if she places herself at risk by standing beside him instead of behind him, as point blank range for both of you is only six feet. If you wish to shoot at a zombie's head, your skill will be halved, though this would be canceled out by doubling your skill if you're at point blank range. You only get one shot if you target the head. If you hit, please roll damage. Also, please specify whether you're shooting the zombie on the left or the right. Damage to private room door from zombie 3: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to private room door from zombie 5: [dice]1[/dice]+[dice]2[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 82) for seeing the zombies: [dice]4[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Jim and Samantha ran south along the balcony while Jim loaded two bullets into his revolver. They were about halfway to the southwest stairs when the last of the barricade gave way under the mighty blows of ...a little girl. A little girl with red eyes and blood dripping from her mouth and down her chin who was already staggering closer.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b] and [b]Jim[/b], you may each fire once at normal range this round, so your skill will be halved if you aim at the head. You will not be attacked this round, but if you stand your ground and fire you will place yourself at risk next round, though you will have the opportunity to fire a second shot before the zombie attacks if it survives, and that one would be point blank. Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4: [dice]3[/dice]
"We're fine," said Ellen.

"I've got my baseball bat," said Scotty, hefting it. "I'm ready if they make it here."

"Me too," said Bobby, but he didn't have a weapon.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:06 am
by Silver Priest
"You boys stay here," Tony says. "Watch your mother." He looks around for any weapons in the room he might be able to use, even something like a vase.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:46 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny shouts through the door Ellen "Actually a weapon might be a good idea just in case...".

Jenny searches the room for something she can use as a makeshift weapon.

[Spoiler-Button]in case its required - Spot Hidden (35%)[dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:29 pm
by aine
Samantha nods and follows Jim back round the corner. She aims at the horrid zombie.
rifle,[dice]0[/dice]
Maybe it's because it was a little girl, once, but Samantha's aim is right off.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo stands back to allow her husband room to manoeuvre. She holds her pistol fairly steady and shoots at the hole in the door.
pistol,35[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:27 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim rounds the corner and comes face to face with a little girl. Any thoughts of not shooting are quickly extinguished by the red eyes and blood dripping from her mouth. He lowers his pistol and fires.
OOC,Pistol 62 (Head Shot) 31 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:30 pm
by Starspawn338
"I think we got most of them on the way to the motel. There should only be a handful left." Mitchell says to the others.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:28:36 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo didn't even hit what was left of the door, but the wall nearby. Mr. Foo, however, was far more accurate. He shot one of the zombies, a fat man, straight through the eye, blowing its brains out and dropping it with a single shot. However, the other two stepped over it and demolished the rest of the door and the chair. The two of them squeezed through the now unblocked doorway...
OOC,[b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Submachine Gun roll (53% x 2[point blank] / 2 [headshot] = 53% skill) shooting at zombie 3's head: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to zombie 3's head: [dice]2[/dice] Damage to private room door from zombie 5: [dice]0[/dice]+[dice]3[/dice] [b]Ms. Foo[/b], you may act again. If you shoot, you get to go before the zombies do. Shooting at the head will halve your effective skill. [b]Mr. Foo[/b] is at point blank range, which cancels out the penalty, but [b]Ms. Foo[/b] is not. Any surviving zombies will direct their attacks at [b]Mr. Foo[/b] unless [b]Ms. Foo[/b] moves up next to him. Of course, he is better suited to block their attacks.
On the motel balcony-
Samantha's rifle misfired, and Jim's shot went wide. The little girl staggered toward them, oblivious to the badly aimed gunfire coming her way. She was now only a few feet from them.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b] and [b]Jim[/b], you each have one bullet left and may fire it before the zombie gets to attack. You are now at point blank range, so the doubling of your skill cancels out the halving due to aiming at the head. You may alternatively make hand-to-hand attacks, but you'll probably do better with your guns. If you hit, you can go ahead and roll damage, though even minimum damage to the head from your guns will guarantee a kill on this zombie. If you wish to retreat, please roll against your DEX x 5. If you fail, the zombie will get to attack you before you get away unless one of you stays behind and attacks. In that case, the zombie, if it survives, will attack that person.
There were no vases in this motel room - it was a fairly cheap place. However, Jenny noticed that the lamps on the nightstands on either side of the queen-sized bed would make decent clubs.

"The shooting's started again," said Cathy. "At least that means not everyone's dead.
OOC,[b]Tony[/b] and [b]Jenny[/b], you now each have a lamp which can be used as a small club. The base skill for Small Club is 25%, and it does 1D6 damage (plus your damage bonus, if any). [b]Jenny[/b] does still have [b]Samantha[/b]'s shotgun, by the way. I just noticed it when I went to update the Weapons list. The one [b]Mitchell[/b] is using was dropped by a dead skinhead.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:40 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo fires again, "Ahhhheeeeeeeee!" She screams, aiming at the biggest zombie's head.
Pistol,32 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:48 pm
by aine
"Come on, it's just a rabid raccoon!" Samantha mutters to herself, steadies her rifle and pulls the trigger.
Rifle,40 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:28 pm
by Starspawn338
"Good shot Samantha!" Jim exclaims, then quickly sobers up as he remembers that it is a little girl that just got shot.

"There were other infected still around. Let's go make sure everyone is safe." He says as he heads towards the nearest stairs, continuing to load his pistol on the way.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:32 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell continues to keep watch over the balcony.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 pm
by Silver Priest
Tony takes the lamp, wishing dearly that no weapon had been around, giving him a perfect excuse to stay inside. But he knows he needs to protect his family, so he takes it and inches out of the room. "I'll go check things out." He tries to head off in the direction of the shooting.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:28:48 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo's bullet struck her target through its eye, and it fell, never to rise again. Both of them had been very accurate shots so far, but that was about to change. Mr. Foo thrust his sword at the remaining zombie's head, but it passed harmlessly over its shoulder. Then the zombie opened its jaws and lunged for his right arm. Unfortunately, he had overextended himself. He hurriedly tried to bring back his sword to fend off the bite, but he was just a fraction of a second too late. The zombie clamped its jaws down on his upper arm, and he passed out, bleeding profusely. The zombie fell on top of him.
OOC,Damage to zombie 5 from [b]Ms. Foo[/b]'s critical 9mm bullet: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sword roll (64% - 5[targeting head] = 59% skill) attacking zombie 2: [dice]1[/dice] Zombie 2's Bite attack (30% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sword roll (64% skill) parrying Zombie 2's Bite attack: [dice]4[/dice] Damage from zombie bite: [dice]5[/dice] Hit location of zombie bite: [dice]6[/dice] Zombie 2's Grapple attack (25% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Ms. Foo[/b], it is your turn once again. You are now at point blank range, so the penalty for shooting at the head is now canceled out by the point blank bonus.
On the motel balcony -
Jim ran to the top of the southwest stairway, which was clear of zombies, as he loaded two more bullets into the revolver, giving him a total of three. The barricade had been completely destroyed. It was hard to imagine a little girl could have done all that. Samantha's bullet had finished her off, and now her rifle was empty.

Tony emerged from the motel room near the northeast corner of the balcony, squeezing past Mitchell. The shooting on the balcony had stopped, but there was still shooting coming from somewhere below.
OOC,Anyone on the balcony may roll Listen to determine that the shooting is coming from inside the motel's ground floor. If you roll half your skill or less, you realize exactly where the shooting is. The base skill is 25%.
"I'm scared," said Ellen, trembling.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," said Bobby.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 am
by Silver Priest
Tony keeps an ear out, trying to identify the gunfire's location.
Mr.Handy,Noooo, Mr. Foo! One of my favorites, and Tony grew fond of him as well. Soon as Tony finds him he's getting Cathy on him. Don't you die on us, dammit! :cry:

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:34 pm
by aine
Samantha grins wolfishly, "That's two close shaves,Jim; let's not make it a habit! Let's get downstairs quickly." She follows Jim down the stairs whilst reloading her rifle.
Listen,25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo screams again and aims at the zombie in the back of its head as it falls on top of Mr Foo.
pistol,32[dice]0[/dice]
ooc,Oh no, Mr and Mrs Foo! I think your luck is about to end. Sob.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell will start walking slowly towards the stairwell he thinks the shooting is coming from.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:25 pm
by Starspawn338
"That's two close shaves,Jim; let's not make it a habit! Let's get downstairs quickly."
"If only we had control over this situation." Jim replies. "I fear that the world has permanently changed though."

Jim continues to reload as he heads down the stairs.
OOC,Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:29 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo's shot passed right over the zombie's head. It wrapped its arms around her husband and began to squeeze as its jaws snapped open and shut.
OOC,Yeah, [b]Mr. Foo[/b] was one of my favorites too. I played him in the first run of the game; I had started as a player and didn't take over as Keeper until the middle of Chapter 1 that time. [b]Ms. Foo[/b], it is your turn to act again. You Handgun skill is actually 35% rather than 32%. Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]1[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Jim loaded another two bullets into his revolver as he raced down the stairs. Samantha reloaded her rifle, reaching the top of the stairs.

Mitchell couldn't hear from where the shots were coming, but both stairways on this side of the motel were blocked, so he ran west to the northwest corner. Tony followed him. They arrived in time to see Samantha reach the top of the southwest stairs. The barricades on both stairways on this side of the motel had been completely destroyed.

"And me!" said Scotty, hefting his bat. "I've got two kills already, and we're barely getting started!"

Behind the motel-
Jim Kerr reached the bottom of the southwest stairs and saw that the barricade in front of the back door of the motel had been destroyed as well. There were no zombies in sight, but the doorway was wide open. Presumably they had gotten inside, which would explain the gunfire coming from the ground floor.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:08 am
by Silver Priest
Tony follows Samantha down the stairs.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:54 am
by Leonulf
Jenny grabs a vase "Well this might work ok as a club in a pinch, I know I have Samantha's shotgun but I don't have much in the way of ammo so it needs to the be the last resort".
OOC,Sorry about the shotgun confusion I was convinced I had given it to someone

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:21 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Wasn't the RV parked in front of the back door?
Jim will finish loading his pistol and wait for Samantha to get down the stairs also. It will be safer if there is backup before entering the downstairs. There should only be a handful of infected still alive but even one is dangerous.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:23 pm
by Starspawn338
"I think what's left of them are downstairs." Mitchell says to Tony. Seeing Samantha going down the other side, he will also cautiously head down the stairs.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo fires again. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.
Pistol,35 [dice]0[/dice] (Yes!! Mopping brow)
Samantha bounds down the stairs. "I'm with you, Jim, let's go!" She quells her fear of confined spaces and steps over the debris into the motel.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:29:12 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo blew the zombie's brains out, and it collapsed on top of her husband. She saw with relief that his chest was rising and falling. He was still alive!
OOC,Damage to zombie's head from impaling 9mm: [dice]0[/dice] We're now out of combat time and back to a full minute (or nearly so) per major update. The next one will take place at 10:30 AM. [b]Ms. Foo[/b], you may roll First Aid if you want to try to treat his injury and revive him. The base skill is 30%.
There were no vases in the room. What Jenny had found was a metal lamp, a short bar with a sturdy round base.

On the motel balcony-
Samantha ran down the southwest stairs, while Tony and Jim went down the northwest stairs, which were much closer to them.

Behind the motel-
Jim finished reloading the revolver by the time Samantha caught up to him. At the same time, Tony and Mitchell arrived at the bottom of the stairs at the opposite end of the motel. There was one more gunshot from within the motel, and then the shooting stopped.
OOC,The motel's balcony overhangs several feet beyond the west wall of the motel, and the RV is too tall to fit underneath it, so there is a gap. The gap had been packed with furniture, but the zombies had destroyed the barricade. [b]Jim[/b], you may finish clearing the jammed rifle by the time you reach the rear entrance to the motel.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm
by Silver Priest
Tony gulps,then turns to Mitchell. "Guess we should go inside and take a peak, huh? You mind going first? I trust a gun more than a lamp as a weapon."

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:38 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo pushes the zombie onto the floor with her foot and kneels by Mr Foo.
Mandarin,"Come on you old fool, don't you go dying on me yet! You're not getting out of repairing the old washing machine that easily. "
She wipes his face and checks his wounds.
First Aid,30 [dice]0[/dice]
but they are too much without a proper first aid kit. She turns him over into the recovery position, gets stiffly to her feet and, pistol at the ready, gets ready to find a kit.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
10:30 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo tied a tourniquet around her husband's upper arm to stop the bleeding, but that was all she was capable of doing. She would need someone's help in order to revive him. Cathy Lathan had done an excellent job when he had been injured before.

"The shooting stopped again," said Cathy.

Behind the motel-
Jim finished clearing the jam on his rifle while he moved toward the back door. He, Mitchell, Tony, and Samantha converged just outside it. Through the open doorway, the kitchen was visible, and beyond that the open doorway to the motel lobby.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:53 pm
by aine
Samantha calls through the door, "Hello? Anyone in there?" And then she says to the other two,"My shoulder blades are itching; are we sure there's no infected still out around the motel? It seems too quiet in here but I'm sure I saw some head this way."

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:02 pm
by Starspawn338
"I don't know. By my count, there were three or four left. I know that we heard some gunshots but who knows if that means the infected got shot or they caught the people shooting. Jim says. "Let's go in slowly and check it out."

Looking at Tony carrying the lamp, he offers the rifle. "You know how to use this?"

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:04 pm
by Starspawn338
"I'm not going in first." Mitchell replies as he scans the back of the motel.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 am
by Silver Priest
"Thanks," Tony tells Jim, willing to take the rifle if the man offered. "Never fired a gun before, but it can't be that hard, right? Just point and shot. Pow Pow!" He mimes. "Besides, my son Scotty killed one of these infected people earlier with a gun, and he's only 11."

He's a bit annoyed that Mitchell refuses to go first. Wow, what a coward. He thinks, blissfully ignorant of the irony of it all. And truthfully he'd not want to go in either, but he was fond of the Foo's. He steps into the doorway cautiously.

"Hello? Foo-San? Mrs.Foo? It's Tony Lantham. You guys doing alright?"

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am
by Leonulf
Jenny paces up and down "This will sound stupid I don't want to be anywhere near the chaos outside right now, but I hate not seeing whats going on... ".
Listen (45%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:16 pm
by aine
Samantha says, "Look, there's three of you, should be enough. I'm going back upstairs to do a patrol round. I want to check that there's no more coming in." Anything outside is better than being indoors with a zombie in her mind. She squeezes back past the truck and heads back upstairs.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:18 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo clambers over the carnage at the door to the private room and into the hallway. "Help! Help!" She cries.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 pm
by Silver Priest
Hearing Mrs. Foo, Tony races to her. "What's wrong, Mrs. Foo?"

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
10:31 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo emerged into the lobby, climbing over the shattered remains of the door and the chair.

Behind the motel-
Samantha headed to the northwest stairway.

While Mitchell hesitated, Tony and Jim Kerr entered the kitchen before he worked up the courage to follow them.
OOC,Which stairway does [b]Samantha[/b] choose (1=NW, 2=SW)?: [dice]0[/dice]
In the motel kitchen-
Mitchell, Tony, and Jim Kerr caught sight of Ms. Foo in the lobby through the open doorway, carrying a pistol.

"That's not stupid at all," said Ellen. "I feel the same way. I wonder what's happened to Charlie."

"I'll go take a look outside!" volunteered Bobby.

"No you won't," said Cathy in a firm tone.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:42 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo raises her pistol and then lowers it in relief as she sees Tony and Jim. "Oh my word, it's you Mr Latham! Good, quick you come; Mr Foo he need help. You step over squishy dead people, I fetch first aid kit!" She points over the pile of zombies in the doorway to the private room and then turns to retrieve the first aid kit from under the front desk.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:46 pm
by aine
Samantha bounds up the stairs, checks her rifle and then looks out across the field and then to the north. She will keep walking East if she sees nothing untoward.
spot hidden,40 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 pm
by Silver Priest
"He's injured?" Tony says with concern. "Wait here; I'll go get my wife." He runs out of the motel, screaming for Cathy. "Cathy, we need you down here!"

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 am
by Starspawn338
Jim looks around at the bodies as he steps inside. "Did he get bit?" He keeps his pistol ready.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:59 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will cover the back door from the kitchen.
OOC,Is the front door barricaded yet?

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy
10:32 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo retrieved the first aid kit and returned to the private room as Jim reached the lobby.

In the private room-
Ms. Foo arrived at her husband's side with the first aid kit, but there was nothing more she could do for him until someone else got there to help him.

In the motel kitchen-
Mitchell remained in the kitchen, guarding the back door.

Behind the motel-
Tony emerged from the back of the motel in time to see Samantha go up the northwest stairs.

On the motel balcony-
Samantha reached the top of the stairs and got onto the balcony. From her current position, she couldn't see anything unusual except for Cathy coming into view to the east.

"I'm coming!" called Cathy, hurrying out the door onto the balcony. "Stay put, boys!" she added to her children as she ran to the northeast corner.
OOC,[b]Cathy[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) to hear her husband: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:31 pm
by Silver Priest
Tony continues to move up the stairs to meet his wife on them.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:11 pm
by aine
"Young man!" Mrs Foo instructs Jim. "Mr Foo he fight zombie, now he needs help. Here is first aid kit. You mind sword; it very sharp!" She lifts Mr Foo's sword out from where Jim is about to stand on it and puts it carefully on the desk next to the computer.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:15 pm
by aine
Samantha walks quickly to the Northeast corner with her rifle. "I think it's clear downstairs for now." She says as Cathy passes. She looks out across the carpark and beyond.
Spot hidden,40 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 am
by Leonulf
Jenny moves towards the door as Cathy leaves "Stay safe out there..." she yells, "...and you stay put" turning to Bobby.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will continue to cover the back door.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 pm
by Starspawn338
"It looks like you already bandaged it. Let's wait for the nurse to get here. I'm afraid I'd do more harm than good." Jim says in reply to Ms. Foo. "What's this radio setup? Was your husband in contact with anyone that knows what's going on?"

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:14 am
by Mr. Handy
10:33 AM
In the private room-
Jim joined Ms. Foo in the private room. He could see that the communications apparatus was very old and filled up a large part of the room.

"Mr. Foo?" called a man's voice from the speakers. "Are you all right? Is anyone there?"

In the motel kitchen-
Mitchell remained guarding the open doorway.

Behind the motel-
Tony reached the bottom of the northeast stairs as Cathy arrived at the top.

On the motel balcony-
Cathy and Samantha passed each other. Cathy made it to the northwest stairs. "What happened?" she called down to her husband.

Samantha reached the northeast corner and took a good look around.
Samantha,[b]Samantha[/b] saw a slow-moving group of figures on the highway almost a mile to the east. At the rate they were walking, they would arrive in a little over ten minutes. There were between one and two dozen of them.
"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Bobby said to Jenny.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 pm
by Silver Priest
"Seems like Mr.Foo's injured." He calls back. "Hopefully you can patch him up again-- he has a good head on his shoulders. Reminds me of myself, a bit."

He waits for his wife then hurries back inside the motel.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:40 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will head over to the radio and look for a mike to respond to whomever is speaking.

"Hello, this is JIm Kerr from park services. Mr. Foo has sustained an injury and is being treated. We have been attacked by a large group of infected but we seem to have dispatched them." Jim responds. "I'm sure more are coming as we're not exactly quiet with all the gunfire. Who am I speaking to? Over."

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:43 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will go out the back door and look inside the RV to see if the keys are still in it. If they are, he will get in the RV and check how much fuel is in the gas tank.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:51 pm
by aine
Samantha shades her eyes as she looks out down the road and she groans. She turns and shouts,
"We've got a lot more infected inbound from the East! Ten minutes!"
This time she's determined to get the ladder and runs along the balcony and back down the stairs to get the shed key from Mrs Foo.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 am
by Leonulf
Jenny rolls her eyes "I don't need protecting so much as you think - I don't have spare ammunition and I went through a lot earlier today, I didn't just have the dead to deal with - I need a second away from this chaos. If anything comes through the door you can be damn sure I will go down fighting - but being reckless is just dumb, I don't want to fight unless I have to. Once these dead are dealt with we need a real plan as there is something else out there and I don't think what few bullets we have will stop them. That's a fight everyone needs to stay clear of, you see a swarm of insects coming your way you better run fast and get inside somewhere safe."

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
10:34 AM
In the private room-
"This is Major Andrews at Warren Air Force Base," replied the voice. "I don't suppose Mr. Foo showed you how to operate the equipment he has? Is Mr. Lathan there? I know he received instruction. If Mr. Foo was injured by the infected, I'm afraid he's been infected himself. You'll need to put a bullet in his head before it's too late."

Behind the motel-
Cathy made it to the bottom of the stairs and rejoined her husband. "He reminds you of you?" she said. "I thought you said he had a good head on his shoulders." He knew from her tone that she was kidding - probably.

Mitchell emerged from the back of the motel and saw that the keys were still in the RV when he got behind the wheel.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Cathy called to him. "That's ours!"
OOC,[b]Tony[/b], please roll Luck to see how much fuel is left.
On the motel balcony-
Samantha made it back to the northwest corner and reached the top of the stairs.

"I'm not afraid of a bunch of bugs," said Bobby.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 am
by Silver Priest
Tony glares at his wife, mildly miffed. "I think I've been handling this pretty well so far, honey. We're not dead yet, and the military will be here soon to evacuate us. We just need to stay calm."

"Yeah, keep away from there!" He warns Mitchell, but makes no other move to stop him. It was tempting, given that more infected were apparently on the way. but he'd rather be around the military and all their weapons then take his chances out there; Tony Lathan was not a dumb man, no sir.
Luck 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
He hurries into the motel and to Mr. Foo's room, eager to check on the man.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Behind the motel-
Mitchell could see that the RV's fuel gauge only had a couple of gallons left. Apparently Tony had been planning to refuel it this morning before setting out, but he hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:03 am
by aine
Samantha continues running downstairs, as soon as she can see Mitchell in the RV, she shouts.
"Where are you going? You can't take my shotgun with you; we need it here. I'm getting a ladder so we can all climb on the roof; will you help me?"

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:09 am
by aine
Mrs Foo hears Major Andrews' instructions with horror,
"Noooo!" She wails. She hunkers down by his head and holds it protectively.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:42 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell shuts the RV off and heads out to help Samantha.

"I ain't going anywhere till I know what happened to Dave." He retorts. "I just wanted to know how much gas was in the tank in case we needed it." Mitchell continues. "But it's running on empty.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:47 am
by Starspawn338
"This is Major Andrews at Warren Air Force Base," replied the voice. "I don't suppose Mr. Foo showed you how to operate the equipment he has? Is Mr. Lathan there? I know he received instruction. If Mr. Foo was injured by the infected, I'm afraid he's been infected himself. You'll need to put a bullet in his head before it's too late."
"He didn't show me anything. I just got here and found him on the floor but he's going to get bandaged up. Maybe we can quarantine him but I'm not shooting him." Jim says over the radio. "Can the military help us?"

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:22 pm
by aine
"Did Dave go back into the diner?" Samantha asks Mitchell I've just looked out that way and didn't see anyone; I guess they must still be inside." She takes a key out of her pocket,
"I'd be glad of your help, I've got the key to the shed, we can get the ladder and get up to the roof if the zombies overrun the balcony; and they might well this time because there are a lot coming down the road from the East. We need to hurry."
She starts walking, looking for the shed.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:15 pm
by Starspawn338
"Yes, he went in the diner with the others and didn't come back out." Mitchell replies as he follows her to the shed to get the ladder.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
10:35 AM
In the private room-
"We have a small force on its way to secure your position," replied Major Andrews. "Their ETA is three minutes. You will need to do something about Mr. Foo, unfortunately. If you don't shoot him now, you'll have to shoot him later. If you can't deal with him, the team that's coming can do it."

Behind the motel-
Mitchell got out of the RV and went with Tony and Cathy to the back door. "I'm just ribbing you, dear," said Cathy. "It's how I cope. It's either that or curl up into a ball and wait to die. We're probably all going to die anyway."

Samantha got to the bottom of the northwest stairs.

"The shooting's stopped, at least," said Ellen.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:49 pm
by aine
Samantha leads the way to the shed, "We must hurry, the infected will be here in less than ten minutes; we should be upstairs shooting them." If she can see anyone else she shouts to them,
"There's more infected coming! Where's Jim? We need him on the balcony right now!"

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:54 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo is terribly upset,
"After all Mr Foo done- now you shoot him? No, Mrs Latham fix him up good! I go find her; you no shoot Mr Foo!" she glares at everyone and then hobbles out to find [/b]Cathy[/b].

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:14 pm
by Silver Priest
"Hey now, don't talk like that. This too shall pass, dear. Hell, we normal civvies just managed to repel a wave of the infected all by ourselves. Once the military gets here and reinforces this place, there's no way they get in here. And Bobby still seems in high spirits, not like one of those... things."

He reaches out and strokes his wife's hair, offering her a small peck on the lips before continuing onwards. "No matter what happens, I'll protect you, Cath. We'll be fine."

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:58 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell follows Samantha. They need to get on the roof since the infected just demolished all the barricades they put on the stairs. He wonders if there are going to be runners in advance of this group but puts it out of his mind and hustles to the shed.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am
by Starspawn338
"We have a small force on its way to secure your position," replied Major Andrews. "Their ETA is three minutes. You will need to do something about Mr. Foo, unfortunately. If you don't shoot him now, you'll have to shoot him later. If you can't deal with him, the team that's coming can do it."
"Roger that Major." Jim answers back. "I'll send Mr. Lathan to the radio. I'm going back out to keep watch until your men arrive. Over." Jim doesn't wait for a reply as he leaves Mr. Foo and heads back outside and up to the balcony.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:30 am
by Leonulf
Jenny turns to Ellen "Hopefully it's a sign we are coming out on top of these things? Regardless don't let your guard down, we need to watch the door... just in case"

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:36 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo and Jim Kerr entered the lobby from the private room as Tony and Cathy came in from the kitchen. "Where's the patient?" asked Cathy.
Behind the motel-
Samantha reached the back door, next to which she found the shed, which she unlocked. She and Mitchell could see the ladder easily enough. It was extendable, so that it was currently ten feet long and able to fit inside the shed, but it could be telescoped out to twenty feet, which was enough to reach the roof.
Ellen nodded and nervously watched the door.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:25 am
by Silver Priest
Tony shots Cathy an appreciative look-- this is the most attracted to her he's been in years. " 'You're using that doctor talk again, hun? This brings back the memories. All you need is the scrubs and I won't be able to keep my hands off of you!" Then he remembers they have company. "Oh, right. I hope Mr. Foo's alright."

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:20 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo raises both hands, "Dr. Latham you come quick, help Mr Foo. I show you!" And she turns to go back to the private room.
listen,base [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 pm
by aine
Samantha takes one end of the ladder and carries it out of the door,
"That's great; it'll reach the top from here; we can go straight up to the roof!" She says to Mitchell. She'll try to snag Jim on his way out of the back door.
listen,25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:08 pm
by Starspawn338
"Right behind you." Mitchell says as he grabs the opposite end of the ladder and follows Samantha back to the hotel.
OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will continue to head out the back door of the motel, heading for the balcony.
OOC,Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy
10:37 AM
In the private room-
Tony and Cathy followed Ms. Foo into the private room, where Mr. Foo lay on the floor. There was a lot of blood, but the bleeding had stopped, as Ms. Foo had tied a crude tourniquet around his upper arm. Cathy knelt beside him and set to work. "It's amazing he's still alive with all these injuries," she said. "I think he'll live, though, as long as he stays away from danger - and it stays away from him. He looks stable."

Behind the motel-
Mitchell and Samantha extended and set up the ladder against the back of the motel so that they could reach the roof, which overhung the balcony. Samantha climbed up to the roof first, it being her idea and she being a good shot with a rifle, as Jim emerged from the back door.
Mitchell/Jim Kerr,The sound of helicopter rotor blades whirring could be heard faintly to the west. It sounded like there were three of them.
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
"I wish I had something to kill," said Bobby.

"Me too," said Scotty. "We hardly got to do anything this level."

On the motel roof-
Samantha reached the top of the roof, which was dominated by the huge rotating radar dish, but there was still plenty of room for her to move around. She could see the horde approaching from the east, along the highway. It was now a little over half a mile away.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden as well.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:26 am
by Starspawn338
Jim looks off to the west as he hurries over to the ladder.
OOC,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice]
"You hear that? I think the military choppers are almost here."

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:33 am
by Starspawn338
"Shouldn't we get the others up there too?" Mitchell yells up at Samantha as she goes to the roof. As Jim approaches the ladder, Mitchell calls out to him.

"Watch the bottom of the ladder while I get the others."

Mitchell will head to the stairs up. He's still not so sure he'd rather be on the roof than inside a room in case the bugs Jenny was talking about show up. But it sounds like choppers coming in too so maybe that's the cavalry coming to rescue them all. He could only be so lucky he thinks to himself.
OOC,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
Mitchell/Jim Kerr,[b]Mitchell[/b] and [b]Jim Kerr[/b] could both see three helicopters in the distance to the west, getting closer. They would arrive in about a minute.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:43 am
by Silver Priest
Tony lets out a whistle. "He's a tough old man. Think it's because he loves you so much," he looks to Mrs. Foo. "Can't bear to leave you alone, especially not now." Tony could understand that, he felt the same thing for his own family.

He goes over to the radio and tries to hail Major Andrews. "Hello? Major? Tony Lathan here again. We've been told another wave of the infected are coming this way, so hopefully your boys get here soon to reinforce us. In the meantime, awaiting orders, sir. Say, do you think I'll be up for a medal after this is all over? I'm not doing this for the glory, of course, but it would be kind of neat."

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:27 pm
by aine
Samantha shouts, "Get everyone up here; we can't keep this horde back at all; it will be swarming the motel in five minutes."
She unlimbers her rifle, checks it's loaded and then goes to see if there's any fast zombies inbound.
Spot hidden,40 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:15 am
by Leonulf
Jenny scowls "You kids realise this isn't a game right, talking like that won't just get you killed - but someone else. If you want to act mature then you need to understand that this is about survival and taking things far more seriously. I am actually not terrible with a rifle - used to go hunting with my dad and our neighbour. Used to go hunting with my neighbour's son as well, good kid we used to be real close - even thought we would end up going to the same college together. But he was also a hot headed teenager when he got older and the last trip he went on didn't end well. Needless to say we didn't end up going to the same college, may he rest in peace."

[Spoiler-Button]Listen (45%)[dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 am
by Starspawn338
"Yea, there they are." Jim shouts to everyone outside. "The choppers are almost here."

He looks around for the likeliest landing spot for the chopper.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:31 pm
by aine
Mrs Foo smiles a tremulous smile at Tony and tries to blink back her tears as she holds her husband's hand.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:38 AM
In the private room-
"I'll recommend you for one, Mr. Lathan," said Major Andrews. "The work you've done has been invaluable. Reinforcements should be at your location any minute now, and there's a helicopter gunship escorting the troop transports. That should take care of the next wave. Just keep me posted on developments throughout the world until they get to you, and then they'll take it from there."

Behind the motel-
Mitchell ran to the bottom of the northwest stairs, while Jim Kerr remained at the base of the ladder. He couldn't see anywhere good for the helicopter to land behind the motel. The parking lot here was too small, and the grass field didn't make a good landing site. Anything could be hiding there. If he had to guess, the best place for the choppers to land would be in the parking lot in front of the motel.

Jenny could easily hear the helicopters approaching, even though she couldn't see them from inside the room.

On the motel roof-
Samantha was so focused on the approaching mob that she didn't see the helicopters until they were right on top of her. There were three of them, flying in an inverse V formation. All of them were Iroquois helicopters, of the type referred to as Hueys. The one at the point of the V was configured as a gunship, and the other two were troop transports. They passed over the roof and hovered over the motel's front parking lot, where the two transports began their descent.
OOC,This concludes Chapter 1. Zombie Apocalypse will continue in Chapter 2: The Quick and the Undead.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:35 am
by Mr. Handy
The story continues in Chapter 2, in the following thread:

Cavalry