IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: IC-Get to the Choppa!(Wallace/Bo/Helicopter Group)

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean growls in frustration at their situation. "You're going to make it, Dr. Haussmann. I'll make sure of that."

He gets out and tries to help Bob fix the car, while trying to keep an eye out for any of the infected.
Mechanical repair 20%,[dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Luck,55 [dice]0[/dice]
Brigetta gets out of the car with her laptop and notes, focussed only on her objective.
"The truck is still working; I'll go in that. You can catch up later." She says to everyone.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim groans in frustration as the squad car pulls over. "Hold up Wallace. We gotta get the Doc to the chopper too." Jim says and rolls down the window.

"Come Doctor, we got room for one more." He swings open the door and steps out. You should ride in the middle where you're the safest."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

At this, Sean's head jolts up and he neglects trying to repair the car.

"I better go with you," He tells Brigetta. "I have to keep you safe."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:38 AM
On the road-
Brigetta got in the truck and slid over to the middle seat after Jim Kerr emerged.

"At least the road ahead looks clear," said Bo, getting out of the cruiser and going over to help work on the engine. Stephanie and Bob joined him. "That mob is still following us, though. At this rate, they'll be on our position in ten minutes or so."

"I got bad news," said Bob, tinkering under the hood. "I don't think this car's going anywhere any time soon, unless Jim has better luck than the rest of us. Otherwise, we haven't got ten minutes."
OOC,[b]Bo[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) to fix the engine: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Stephanie[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) to fix the engine: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bob[/b]'s Mechanical Repair roll (67% skill) to fix the engine: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Hope you know what you're doing Jim," Sean tells his friend. "Otherwise a lot of us will have to walk. At least the fu*kers are slow.

"I better ride with Brigetta. I have to make sure she's safe, or none of this matters and we're all screwed
." He goes to get in and sit beside her, taking Jim's seat. He knows his buddy would understand.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

ooc,What sort of truck is it? Can it take people in the cargo space?
"We've got to go. If you start walking now at least you'll stay ahead of the zombies." Brigetta says to everyone still outside the truck.

"Don't let them get close- there may be a fast one amongst them. The disease may affect different parts of the brain causing different anomalies- just don't expect them all to act the same that's all. Good luck."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim groans when Sean takes his seat. "Really? You're going to make the guy that's got an ass full of lead walk?"

He limps over to the car to take a look even though he has no more knowledge of car engines than checking dipsticks and filling fluids.
OOC,Mechanical Repair 20 [dice]0[/dice]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean frowns and looks at Brigetta. The thought of leaving her filled him with anxiety, but he tells himself it will only be for a few minutes.

"He's right. I'll be right behind you. Keep those monsters off our tails. Stay safe."

Then he gets out. "Alright Jim, take your seat. But keep her safe. If something happens to her, we're all dead."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's an eighteen-wheeler. There was a little extra space in the trailer, but that's taken up by the barrels of aviation fuel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim heads back over to the truck after looking over the engine."Doesn't look like any of us are going to get the squad car going. I bet we could all probably ride the rig. We can roll down the windows and have Bo and Bob standing on the steps holding on to the seat belts through the windows and maybe cram a fourth person in the cab if Brigetta sits on Sean's lap." Jim says. "It would only be for a few minutes."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Assuming this plan works, Sean is all for it. He gladly offers Brigetta his lap. He is however a perfect gentleman, and does not take the opportunity to do anything unprofessional.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Even though it is wasting time, Brigetta realises that with more people (and guns) aboard they'd have more chance of making it through.
"Come on, grab everything from the cruiser and let's go. Thank you Sean; I'll try not to bounce too much." She sits on his lap and then turns to Wallace and says,
"Drive like your life depends on it - because it does."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:39 AM
On the road-
Jim had no more luck than the others getting the engine to restart.

"We're never going to get everyone in the truck," said Stephanie. "There's seven of us. Maybe you could cram four into the cab, but that's the limit."

"Some of us are big too," said Bo, "and I couldn't use my shotgun if I were hanging on from outside. Look, it's only a mile to where the chopper's going to land. I can do that in my sleep, and we're much faster than that pack. I don't see any of them pulling ahead."

"We'd better get started now, then," said Bob. "We may not get there before the chopper, but you three in the truck can get set up at the landing site and start unloading the fuel to get ready for it. The sooner that's done the better."

"All right," said Wallace, putting the truck into gear once Sean got in the shotgun seat. Brigetta sat in the middle with her laptop. He drove about a mile down the road, past the nearby turnoff to Brownson, while Bo, Stephanie, and Bob jogged along on foot. Jim got a later start, as he had been busy working on the engine, though he was faster than the others and would close some of the distance. Bo and Bob were a little faster than Stephanie and cleared about an eighth of a mile, while Stephanie managed a little less than that, as she wasn't quite as fast and had to carry her laptop.

At the landing site-
Wallace stopped the truck about a mile away on a flat stretch of ground. "Okay, this looks like a good spot," he said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Right. Let's get to work. Sooner we help get this bird refilled the sooner we can get to Omaha." He smiles reassuringly at Brigetta.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Brigetta forces a smile. "Just so long as we are airborne before those zombies get here." She has a sudden thought and starts flicking through her notes, looking for something.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will head to the rig as fast as he can. He scans the sky in the direction that he thinks that the helicopter will be approaching from as he wants to make sure that he's there before Erica arrives.
OOC,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice] Listen 58 [dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:40 AM
On the road-
Jim began to run north, following Bo, Stephanie, and Bob. He could not see the helicopter yet, as it had to be too far away, but he'd be sure to spot it once it got close. The road ahead was thankfully clear, but the mob was about two-thirds of a mile behind the stopped cruiser and getting slowly but inexorably closer.

At the landing site-
Wallace opened up the back of the trailer. He, Brigetta, and Sean were just strong enough to unload the first of the three barrels full of aviation fuel. Brigetta was stronger than she looked. Wallace could not match her strength, especially in his current condition.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean grunts as he lifts the barrel, appreciating Dr. Haussmann strength. He hadn't expected her to be both brilliant and have such surprising strength, but she continued to surprise him. And he liked being surprised.

He works as quickly as he can. Hopefully they'd get all the barrels out and set up before their ride came.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Brigetta is glad of the physical exercise and to be doing something directly related to getting her to Omaha. She grins and seems almost human again.
"That's that one, let's get the next one. Do we need to prep the landing site or something?"

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”