IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Spot Hidden 56 [dice]0[/dice] Excellent. Now that is an Extreme Success! I want to know what I see before I follow Bo inside.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jim Kerr,The first thing [b]Jim[/b] noticed was the reduced traffic on I-80. There was still some traffic heading east, but there was none at all going west. In the far distance to the east, he could make out a faint orange glow. Estimating the distance, he guessed it was coming from Sidney. As good as his eyesight was, if that was a fire, it had to be a pretty big one for him to be able to see it at all from this distance. While there were no vehicles coming from that direction, he could see a few tiny figures on the road coming that way, apparently people on foot. They were still several miles away. [img]http://static.flickr.com/8/12587401_7f656726ca_m.jpg[/img]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice] Extreme success!
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Mallard »

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
Dr. Hausmann lets out a small gasp as upon hearing her name she looks up from her laptop to see a heavily armed man standing over their table. Seeing he was wearing a State Trooper uniform she regains her composure somewhat and responds "I'm Dr. Hausmann" as she closed her laptop screen.

Willie
The cameraman, now full on bacon eggs and delicious hash browns can't help but overhear the the slur hurled by the skinhead. Looking at Tisha he says "Maybe it is time to make a move. Things look like they might become newsworthy in here, soon... and not in a good way."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´m tasked to see you safely to your destination, doctor Hausmann. As your helicopter is malfunctioning I have orders to drive you to your next waypoint. If you rather prefer waiting for repairs, I will stay by your side till you are safely off of the ground. Which meets your mission brief more?"

He registers the argument by the bar.

Spoiler:
Parking Lot: Spot Hidden@56%
[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"'Bout time." Tisha says. She looks over at the skinheads and shoots them a disgusted look, but that's all she does. She had no intention of getting sidetracked from the real story.

She explains her next move to Willie. "I'm friends with the head of the nearby air force base, and he owes me a favor. I'm thinking I talk my way in and get an interview with him, couch it in terms of reassuring the public in these trying times, yadda yadda. If all goes well things will go viral and I'll be the source people around the country are quoting to learn more about what's going on."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sean Blank,The first thing [b]Sean[/b] noticed was the reduced traffic on I-80. There was still some traffic heading east, but there was none at all going west. In the far distance to the east, he could make out a faint orange glow. Estimating the distance, he guessed it was coming from Sidney. As good as his eyesight was, if that was a fire, it had to be a pretty big one for him to be able to see it at all from this distance. While there were no vehicles coming from that direction, he could see a few tiny figures on the road coming that way, apparently people on foot. They were still several miles away. [img]http://static.flickr.com/8/12587401_7f656726ca_m.jpg[/img]
Tisha/Willie,One thing that concerned [b]Tisha[/b] and [b]Willie[/b] was that their sound guy, [b]Larry[/b], was supposed to meet them here, but he had still not arrived. Someone else could be hired to do the job; all they really needed was someone to hold the microphone close enough to pick up the audio but not so close that it appeared in the shot. It was the sort of thing they could teach someone the basics of on the ride there, or they might be able to find someone at their destination.
Willie,[b]Willie[/b] had been with [b]Larry[/b] in Kosovo, and it wasn't like him to be late. Besides, when he had spoken to [b]Larry[/b] on the phone earlier this morning, [b]Larry[/b] had seemed anxious and had said he had wanted to tell them something, and he had said he would meet them at the T-Bone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean enters the cafe once again and approaches Dr. Hausmann and the others.

"Not much traffic out there right now, and what's there is heading east to Sidney. Some orange glow is coming from there; it looks like a fire, but would have to be pretty big to see it all the way here. Looks like we've got a few stragglers coming this way on foot too."

He looks up at the TV again, and feels for his rifle.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim follows Sean inside to the group of scientists. "We need to find Bob and see if we're going to get the 'copter into the air. If not, we need another vehicle because I don't think we can all fit in the trooper's cruiser. Jim says as he turns to Bo. I'm Jim. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Bo Richards, Nebraska Highway Patrol." He nods at Jim, the Woodlands Ranger.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! I just want to eat my damn breakfast!

"Excuse me?" Baldwin replies as nonchalantly as he can.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:
"Jeez, I'd better get them their order before they start another fight. Maybe I'll see you later?"

Lynne gives Randall the once-over and slowly runs her tongue over her top lip. Then she walks back to the food counter to look for Flip's waffles and whatever the hell she was meant to be taking to f***ing Horst.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

8:53 AM
In the diner-
"I'll go put your order in," said Ashley to Luke, heading off into the kitchen.

As if summoned by his name being uttered, Bob Larkin entered the diner a little behind Bo, Jim, and Sean, who were near the scientists' table. It looked like everyone was already here.

"You can count on it," Randall said to Lynne, smiling back.

Flip salivated when Lynne approached his table with the waffles. It wasn't clear whether it was because of her or the food, or both. When she set the plate down in front of him, he began to dig into the meal.

David emerged from the office at the back into the diner. Hammond poked his head out of the door and beckoned to Horst before ducking back inside.

"About f***ing time," muttered Hammond, getting to his feet and forgetting all about Baldwin - at least for now. "If he'd kept me waiting any longer..."

"But the food just got here..." said Flip around a mouthful of waffles.

"It'll still be here when we're done. Come on, this is important."

Flip followed Horst to the office, giving one last longing look back at the waffles and another at Lynne before entering and shutting the door behind them.
OOC,[b]Ashley[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
On the Grill
OOC,[b]Horst[/b] and [b]Flip[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Private Meeting
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"There he is." Jim says as he sees Bob walk into the restaurant. "What's the verdict on the helicopter? Can you get it fixed?"
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Mallard »

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
"Stragglers approaching... on foot?" says the Doctor, suddenly looking alarmed. "And a fire that's that within a visible distance..." She pauses. "It's time to leave. Now" Snatching up her laptop and standing up Dr. Hausmann finally remembers herself and lowers her voice. "Trooper, if that helicopter isn't airworthy you need to commandeer us another truck." says the Dr, looking Bo directly in the eye.

Willie
"I need a smoke. Lets wait out int he parking lot. I'm sure Larry will be here soon, they man is a reliable at they come. Besides, I cant hold a camera and a mic, so we need him." Willie motions at the waitress to bring over their bill.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:
"Thank f*** for that." Baldwin whispers to himself, relieved that the two skinheads were gone for now.

He returns to eating his breakfast and minding his own business, while watching the news nervously. This had to be some kind of government experiment gone wrong, or maybe aliens.

Those sciencey looking women over there looked worried, and so did the cop talking to them. Definitely the government.

Baldwin takes out his phone to see if he can get a data connection. He wanted some real news, not this government censored stuff. If the truth's not on coasttocoastam.com it'll definitely be Reddit somewhere...
edited,[ooc]Edited because I forgot that infowars was a right wing conspiracy site, not at all where Baldwin would be looking[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Lynne:
"Just a minute honey, be right back," Lynne goes to get the bill for Willie and Trisha, on the way she sees Bo in body armour and toting a shotgun, "Shit Bo, there ain't no riot in here, just Horst trying to start trouble."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing Jim, Bob reports, "It´s a days work fixing the fuel hose. And I need a few extra hands to do it. The grease monkeys won´t help out. Could you and Sean come back with me and get her back in action? Might take just a few hours if we work together. Then it´s an issue with fuel. Need to find a depot on the way to refuel. Maybe some Air Force Base en route to Omaha?"

Bo looks at the doctor. "I have four spots open. If you need extra wheels, that´s on you. Jump in and pick your besties and we´re off." He goes up to Rosie and kisses her on the mouth. "I´m coming back for you when the dust has settled and we can head to that cabin you talk about. Got a ride to take care of."

Walking out of the office, David sees the state trooper being all mushy with ol´Rosie. "Which one of your ladies wanna a piece of the action on the road to Cheyenne? I´m leaving right now and you´re invited. " He winks at the state trooper. "Not you Bo, too surly for my taste."
TVblog

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim looks at Dr. Hausmann curiously. "What is it about people on foot that's got you spooked? You do realize that Omaha is east of here so we'd be driving right towards the fire and them people walking away from it to get there."

Jim nods to Bob. "I don't have any mechanic skills but I got hands that I can use to help you with. It's probably best to take a few hours and fly to Omaha than try to drive there."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary finishes his coffee and pulls out a twenty to pay his bill. Now that the skinheads are out of the cafe, it looks like a good time to make an exit.

He can't help but notice how agitated the group is by the table and being the curious sort, he listens to them talk, trying to make sure that it doesn't look like he's listening. He's got a car and he's a good mechanic and he doesn't have to be anywhere right now, maybe it wouldn't hurt to get on the good side of Johnny Law with all the s*** going down right now, he thinks to himself.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”