OOC-Chapter 1-The Beginning of the End-General Discussion

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 1-The Beginning of the End-General Discussio

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've posted the Introduction, which you're all free to read. I've also started on the Locations/Weapons/etc. thread. The locations part is done, so you can see where all of your characters will start and the name of the thread where each character begins. Those names will be replaced by hyperlinks after those threads are posted, which I hope will be next weekend. I'll also need to specifically list what each character is doing at the outset before we start. I'm in the process of assembling everyone's starting weapons and stuff, but that isn't done yet. Once that's finished, then I need to put together the new Rules and Guidelines thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

For the flavour of what´s coming and what´s ´new´ on Netflix:

https://youtu.be/st6r-8mLW_o

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Zombie Apocalypse has officially begun! Please see below to see what your characters are doing at the outset, and then refer to the Locations list to find links to their starting threads. Please post when you have time (I see some of you have already started). Remember that your characters don't yet know that the dead are rising or how best to destroy them, even though you as a player might. Good luck! You're going to need it... :twisted:

The Time is 8:50 AM. This is what the various characters are currently doing or are located.

Staff at the Truck Stop-
Boss Hammond- Boss Hammond is in the back office talking to David the trucker

Boss Earl- Boss Earl is in the garage working on Wallace’s truck with Dave. Also nearby is Bob Larkin, helicopter pilot

Rita- Rita is working as the cashier near the café, in the convenience store.

Dave – guitarist and mechanic- Is working on Wallace’s truck in the garage

Rosie- is working the tables in the café. She is serving the helicopter group and has heard snatches of conversation. Of the staff she seems the most calm and working

Mitchell- is with Wallace prowling through the junkyard for a part for Wallace’s truck.

Charlie Moon- Is working the kitchen and wondering where Boss Hammond is and whether he should quit this crappy job.

Ashley- is working the counter but paying most of her attention to CNN news reports

Lynne – Dumb but hot Waitress with criminal ambition – is also working the café, serving tables.

Thomas - teenager- High School Dropout and Kitchen help – is in the kitchen and cleaning dishes.

Max- is licking himself to pure heaven outside the garage and enjoying the morning sunshine and contemplating the joy of being a dog.

Buddy- is with Wallace and Mitchell. Buddy has picked up the scent of Jimmy the runaway but met Jimmy yesterday and is otherwise not very interested in a familiar smell.

Ms. Foo- is talking with Ellen Cody about the motel, who has stayed the night, which rooms need to be cleaned and a bit annoyed that Ellen is worried about her health- again. Just because she’s 71…

Mr. Foo- is practicing Tai Chi outside the hotel and enjoying the morning sunshine. Vagually he is aware that there is not much traffic this morning, but does not allow it to interrupt his serenity.

Ellen Cody- House keeper- at Motel 8 – is talking to Ms. Foo about cleaning up and worried that Ms. Foo should have a check up as she’s getting old and a little forgetful. later she will watch the front desk and make sure the accounts were right. Ms. Foo has trouble with the credit cards.

Visitors-

Sally- Is having breakfast in the Café and watching the news.

Tony Lathan- Is in his room at the Motel 8 trying to get the kids up and started for the day.

Cathy Lathan- Chemically dependent housewife. Is taking a shower and enjoying the effects of a valium

Bobby Lathan- Wants to check out what’s on HBO before going for breakfast.

Scotty Lathan- Is trying to stay in bed for as long as possible.

Alex- Alex camped out last night near the hotel because he didn’t feel like paying for the room. He is watching Mr Foo practice Tai Chi and wondering if he should pick it up. Looks cool. He’s also wondering about the meteor he saw come down to the north. Probably it would be better to go for breakfast or run a few miles before starting the day. Hoo-rah! First time to do 100 pushups, Marine style! Hut HUT HUT HUT!!!!

Jim the runaway- Is hiding out the old wrecked bus where he spent the night. He’s also thinking about the meteor shower last night and the meteor that came down to the north. Might be worth checking out. First it would be better to get some breakfast. Better to lay low while the maintenance guy and the Indian move around the junkyard. Hope the dog doesn’t draw attention to him.

Wallace Red Crow- Is with Mitchell and complaining that Boss Earl is probably going to try to rip him off. That Boss Earl is criminal, or so he’s heard. What a prick. Bet the truck doesn’t get fixed till tonight and they have to get the damn part from Cheyenne. No doubt Earl will charge double the practical rate.

Trooper Bo Richards- Is in the State Police cruiser outside, listening to the radio of the s*** that’s hitting the fan all over Nebraska. Can’t get any of the local State Troopers on the radio. What the f***?

Father Roger McCormick- Has gotten up and has packed his gear. Going to pay the bill he is watching Mr. Foo practice Tai Chi, and will later stop for breakfast at the café before going forward.

Baldwin- Was having breakfast in the café when the news came on. Now he’s watching and wondering how his family is doing in Mississippi.

Randall- Randall is also at the café having breakfast, sitting at the counter and considering flirting with Ashley or Lynne, and if things look good, maybe he will stay an extra night before moving on.

David- Is in Boss Hammond’s office having a private conversation. Dave often carries cargo for Hammond so it’s probably just business.

Horst Jaegermeister- Is sitting in a booth at the café waiting for Hammond to finish talking to Dave and is watching TV. Horst is visibly upset for having to wait and is rather impatient. He just drove in from the PMS compound to the north.

Flip- Flip is sitting with Horst in the café, trying to keep Horst calm and distracted by watching what’s on the news.

Tisha- Is sitting inside the café at a table with Willie. Willie demands to have breakfast and is taking his time. The news crew that went to Sidney hasn’t reported back in. Must be some fire. Wonder if they will put on the local news. Why aren’t we moving?

Willie-Is sitting down and slowly eating his meal. he’s in no rush. He’s listening to the TV and thinking that the world has gone to s***. That old itch that he got overseas is telling him that bad things are about to happen.

Alice- Alice’s s***box car broke down last night and got towed in this morning. She’s waiting for it to get repaired. At the moment she’s in the café having breakfast.

Old Bud- Old Bud has gotten up and is about to start his day at the Motel 8. He’s got some people to talk to.

Samantha- Samantha got in late and is still sleeping at the motel.

Luke- Spent the night at the Motel 8 and just entered the café and has taken a seat. He has yet to be served.

Jenny Cooper- Is waking up in a tent near the Motel 8. The Old Chinese lady said it would be ok. She spent the night watching the meteor shower and wants to go have a closer look. But first she wants to get some breakfast.

Gary- Is up at at the café, taking a booth of his own and trying to read the paper, but the news is pretty f***ing strange.

Kimberly- is watching CNN at the café for a seat on the counter and talking to the staff.

Michael Walters- Has just gotten up at the Motel 8 and is considering a trip to see one of those meteorites he saw fall last night.

Felice Piccone– has been packing her Porsche after paying Ms. Foo and will stop at the cafe for breakfast before going back West to turn around to travel back East to Chicago.

Azadeh Samimi- is going to see Ms. Foo to pay her bill.

Robert and Duke- have just entered the café for breakfast.

Beth- is filling out an application for a job as waitress at the T-Bone.

Helicopter group-
Dr. Brigetta Hausman MD- Is sitting at a booth working on some calculations on her laptop, trying to work on a report to give the CDC’s Crisis Response Center in Omaha. She hasn’t said much and every time that Stephanie begins to speak about something, Hausmann reminds her that this concerns secret information essential to national security.

Stephanie Bridges- Has been talking to Hausmann and reviewing reports on their research for the past few years. Nothing sensitive, lest it accidentally leak out. Mostly about various unusual chemical substances that have been discovered in the digestive systems of local animals.

Sean Blank- Is listening to the news. He’s there to protect Hausmann and Bridges and make sure that they get to Omaha in one piece. Most of his attention is on the TV. But he’s also not happy about the skinheads in the café.

Jim Kerr- Is sitting in the helicopter monitoring the radio and listening as one airport after another goes off line. The base near Cheyenne is still functioning and is on high alert.

Bob Larkin- Is working on repairing the fuel pump and is annoyed that Boss Earl, who has been willing to allow Bob to use his tools, is unwilling to deploy his staff to helping him repair the helicopter. He’s thinking of what Boss Earl said- “My boys don’t know squat about no helicopters and we won’t be held liable if your helicopter crashes because my boys don’t know what they are doing, unless you sign an indemnity agreement and pay our fee. This is still America damn it and you can’t force us to help you out just because you work for the National Parks Service. I mean, come on son, you’re with the Smokey the Bear bunch, not the F B f***in I!" What an asshole.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Oops

I hadn't noticed that the ZA reanimation occurred while I was ill. :)
I'll begin posting in the next 24 hours - I'm not fully up to speed with my posting again yet.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Late to the end of the world!!! 8-)
(I almost missed it too.)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Raiko! I'll wait until at least tomorrow night before I post major updates, to give you and other players who haven't started yet a chance to post. For those who have, please keep in mind that there's a limit to how much you can do between major updates, which is usually one minute of game time. Moving from one location to an adjacent one generally takes that long all by itself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Shall I retract my last movement?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No, that's okay. I'll just have the major update in the Breakfast thread take two minutes this time, as not much is happening there. That will allow you enough time to do what you've done.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry to hold things up.

Hopefully I'll be back at full speed next week. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ahh, oops!
When posting for Baldwin, I just googled for a list of popular conspiracy theory websites, picked one that it said was popular and wrote that and Reddit (cus the truth's always on Reddit lol).

Because I'd heard of infowars, but forgotten what it actually was, I went for that, knowing that I wouldn't get any website to work anyway. But having taken a look at infowars, it's really not the type of place I imagine Baldwin believing.

Any suggestions for a site I could edit that post to say? Something not right wing. Wikileaks maybe?
It's only for flavour, as I knew I'd get no connection, but infowars is certainly the wrong flavour for Baldwin. :eek:
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

I did admit I found that slightly strange. ;)

CoasttocoastAm is a popular conspiracy radio show that also posts news( for a certain definition of the term) articles. I could see Baldwin listening to that, especially if he was a nightowl. Failing that, AboveTopSecret maybe? That has everything from UFO's, Biblical prophecies, and political conspiracies.

Edit: Actually, just checked AboveTopSecret, seems mostly right wing. So CtC is probably your best bet.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Baldwin might also like Washington's Blog, which leans to the left. It's run by an African-American named George Washington.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Why are you posting this in OOC?
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Starspawn338 wrote:Why are you posting this in OOC?
I'll move Mallard's post to the Breakfast IC thread
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Raiko wrote:
Starspawn338 wrote:Why are you posting this in OOC?
I'll move Mallard's post to the Breakfast IC thread
Done.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you for moving the post to the proper thread, Raiko.

I'd like to update tonight, while I have time. I'll give it a couple of hours and get other things done to give people a chance to post in some of the threads, particularly Wake Up Call, where nobody has posted in days (and it's a full turn behind the other threads).

EDIT: I don't have time tonight to update anyway, so I'll leave it for at least another day.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mallard
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by Mallard »

Sorry all - that iswhat I get for posting late at night and having too many windows open on my browser. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for moving the post.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've updated all of the threads except for Breakfast and On the Grill, but I'm out of time tonight. I hope I can get those done tomorrow night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

RonaHattingh has withdrawn, and unfortunately it looks like we've lost EditorJen too, as she never posted. We still have six players, which should be enough to keep the game going.

I'd like to do a major update tomorrow, and another one Wednesday or Thursday before I leave for a convention. Please try to post for all of your characters between major updates. Even if they're not doing anything, please make posts for them anyway to that effect, so that I know you're ready for me to update. It is still a good idea to do something, as time is a vital resource in this game, which you'll discover as things start to happen and you find yourself short of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Thanks for the update! Enjoy the board games and shenaningans!
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”