IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-Highway to Hell(Randall/David/Tisha/Willie/Felice)

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:30 AM
On the highway-
Up ahead, a road turned off to the left.

"There, turn there!" said Willie. "I don't want to stay on this road or get any closer to Cheyenne if I can help it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Please tell me that was the hard part," the reporter mutters, still a bit shook up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Tisha[/b], please roll Luck again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

luck 55%,[dice]0[/dice] Oh come on...
Actually, Tisha had a sinking feeling that the hard part was still to come.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Tisha[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot Hidden 35%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:31 AM
On the road-
The vehicles turned left, driving down a street in a small suburb south of Cheyenne.

"Actually, the hard part will be when we have to take I-25 north and then I-80 west, to the west of Cheyenne," said Willie. "It's not for very long, but - look out!"

David swerved at the last second, barely missing a red-eyed man who was walking in the middle of the road, heading toward the highway. Behind him, Felice expertly avoided a collision.

"That was close," said David. The truck and the sports car quickly rolled through the small town and across some railroad tracks.
OOC,[b]Randall[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) on the road: [dice]0[/dice] [b]David[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) on the road: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Willie[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (43% skill) on the road: [dice]2[/dice] [b]David[/b]'s Drive Truck roll (55% skill) to avoid hitting the zombie: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Felice[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (50% skill) on the road: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Felice[/b]'s Drive Auto roll (50% skill) on the road: [dice]5[/dice] You've all lost 8 Sanity for seeing zombies, so there's no need to roll Sanity for seeing them for the rest of this chapter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"You're telling me," Tisha says. "Good going Willie. I can't believe i didn't see that. You too, David. And I still think she's shifty as hell and almost certainly a criminal, but that Felice behind us is a pretty good driver."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David brakes lightly and lets the big rig cross the tracks gently, to avoid rattling the cabin too much. "Sometimes, I make it sloow, baby." He pats the dashboard softly. "Just the way you like it."
He glances at Tisha and says "We need to find an open space to check our water and belts. We don´want the Big Lady to fail us before we reach the base. And I really need to check the trailer to find out what´s been shifting back there. Keep a look out for a safe spot, will ya?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

David fiddles with his right jeans pocket. He produces a small piece of paper and flicks it to Willie. "Do you know where this place is? Supposed to be a warehouse or something."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Are you sure that's wise?" Tisha asks, skepticism laced with fear. "We seem like we're almost there, and I'd hate to stop for any period of time out here. We could be sitting ducks."
OOC:   Welcome back Dave :)  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:32 AM
On the road-
"Yeah, I have to agree," said Willie. "This is no place to stop, either. We're too close to Cheyenne, and we just passed one of those...people." The vehicles rolled through the suburb and out into open ground. "This is probably the last open space we'll see until we get there, but I still wouldn't stop. We're almost there, anyway." He looked at the address on the paper and compared it to the map. "Yeah, this address is on the northern edge of Cheyenne. I'm sure I could find it, but we're not in a very good position for that. We're south of Cheyenne, and there's a whole city that's probably full of infected people between us and there. We'll reach the rear gates of the base first as we go around the west side of the city. That's the best route to take to reach this place too."
OOC,[b]Willie[/b]'s Navigate roll (37% skill) to locate the warehouse on the map: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"That's the best news I've heard all day," Tisha responds to Willie saying they're almost there. Surely once they were at a base with hundreds of heavily armed soldiers they'd be safe. Helps that she was planning to get an exclusive with the commander as well.

David's inquiry appeals to her natural curiosity, however. "That where you're dropping your load off, Dave? I'll say this, you sure are dedicated." She laughs. "Feels like the end of the f*cking world and you're still hellbent on fulfilling your job. But as a reporter, I sympathize."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I say, if it all goes to hell in a handbasket, it better be filled with some goodies. I say we unload the food in the truck to the men in green. We might be able to buy some good fate with that and then I´m picking up my order at the warehouse. If nothing else comes up. Might be safer to stay behind at the base till it all dies down from the craze." David He checks himself in the rear view and smiles. "First, a stop at the gates of Warren Air Force Base, it is."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:33 AM
On the road-
"Sounds like a plan," said Willie. "I'll write the directions on that piece of paper." He fished out a pen from the glove compartment and did so. The truck approached a dirt road branching off to the left, toward a couple of high mountains. "Keep going. We'll want to take the next turnoff, on the right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha remains silent, thinking about what she knows about the base's commander and her relationship with him. She's already preparing her story on how to gain entry into the base; coming all this way, she was not about to take no for an answer.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Dave Keeps to the left side of the road when the turnoff to the right appears, not to hit the curb or get jumped by any hoodlums.
OOC:   Thanks, SP!  
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:34 AM
On the road-
After another mile, David turned right onto a narrow road that branched away.

"This road leads to the Southeast Wyoming Welcome Center," said Willie. "We'll also be coming up on I-25, but we don't have to get on the highway just yet. We can take a road that parallels it on the way north for a while. But we will eventually need to take it a short distance."
OOC,Whichever of you posts first, please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We stay off of the I-25 as long as possible, I´d say." David keeps a steady gaze forward.
Spoiler:
Luck@55%

[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha remains lost in her faults, vaguely nodding at David's words.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”