Page 1 of 1

IC-Survival(various)

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 9:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time - At the T-Bone
On the dirt road-
Jenny Cooper drove back down the dirt road to the truck stop. The skinheads' van was gone, but their pickup truck was still parked there on the road. There were no live skinheads in sight, but there were two dead ones riddled with bullets. One lay in the road in front of the pickup truck, and the other about ten or fifteen yards to the west, between the road and the motel. The front door of the motel was shut, and the shades were drawn. It didn't look like anyone was about there. To the east was the truck stop, where twin columns of flame and smoke rose up into the air where the gas pumps had formerly stood. The front floor to ceiling windows of the diner had been blown out. In front of the diner stood a boy in his upper teens carrying a rifle and two mechanics, one with two shotguns. Two dogs were beside them. There were two women on the roof of the diner.

On the roof of the diner-
"Well, I do need to help do something about the rest of those skinheads once the State Trooper returns," said Kimberly, leaving unspoken the possibility that he might not return. "I think I'll wait up here for now."

Samantha could see that the roof of the motel was about twenty feet off the ground. It could be reached with a ladder, but the only one she had seen was the one currently leaning against the garage, and it was not long enough. Maybe there was another one at the motel.

Both women saw the car pull up on the dirt road. Jenny Cooper was in the driver's seat, but there was no sign of Michael.

On the roof of the garage-
Gary crossed over to the garage and descended the ladder. soon reaching the bottom outside the garage.

In the parking lot-
Dave and Mitchell reached Jimmy and the dogs, and Jimmy handed Mitchell the shotgun. It was then that they saw Jenny pull up on the dirt road in Michael's car, but without Michael. Mitchell's new shotgun was pump action, unlike Samantha's double-barreled shotgun, which he still carried. The new shotgun had three out of a maximum of five shells loaded.

Re: IC-Survival(Dave/Mitchell/dogs/Jim/Samantha/Jenny/Gary/K

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 pm
by dustakr
Dave suspects more company, "So are we moving towards Motel or charging diner...to eat or whatever".

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:48 pm
by Starspawn338
"So are we moving towards Motel or charging diner...to eat or whatever".
"I gotta give this shotgun back to the lady. I'll be right back."
Mitchell will run over to the ladder and climb back up to give the shotgun back to Samantha.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary will head over to the car that just drove up.
"What happened to you?" Gary says. His rifle is pointed towards the ground. He will scan around to make sure no zombies are still in the area.
OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm
by aine
"Kimberley, can you take the shotgun for now? I want to stay focused on down below. Thanks Mitchell, you're a gent." Samantha keeps constant vigilance on the ground. She wonders where Michael has got to.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 pm
by dustakr
OOC,if [b]Dave[/b] is near parking lot/ Garage he likes to get hold of his tools and guitar also if placed nearby.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:10 am
by Leonulf
Jenny pulls up in the car and cuts the engine. She looks at Gary as she steps out the vehicle, "Michael's dead, and if we don't get away from here - we will be too. The meteorite isn't a meteorite, its not a rock its a vessel, an egg sack I don't know but it hatched and they killed him... we couldn't destroy it, we have to run"

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 pm
by Starspawn338
"Whoa, wait, what?" Gary says as he struggles to understand what Jenny is trying to say. "I don't know nothing about a meteor but I do know the dead ain't dying. They get back up after death and attack every living thing. What exactly hatched and how can baby anythings kills someone?"

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:25 am
by Leonulf
Jenny answers, "The dead are not dying? What does that mean? - These things were nothing like anything I have seen before, leathery slimey winged beasts with stingers. They were disgusting - one sting and thats it, they might be coming I don't know what to do."

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 pm
by dustakr
Dave surprised by words from Jenny,"What is even winged beast, did she saw bat or something...".

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
9:45 AM
"Thanks, but I've already got my shotgun," said Kimberly. "You should lend yours to someone else who can use it."

Outside the garage-
Gary went around the corner to the parking lot to talk to Jenny, while Mitchell passed him and reached the base of the ladder leading to the roof.

In the parking lot-
Dave could probably reach the garage and get his tools and guitar in a couple of minutes, but if he went around the corner to the garage, he would not be able to still talk to Jenny.
Dustakr,Are you still going to play [b]Stephanie[/b]? I've still been running her in the other thread, but you're free to take her over whenever you're ready.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:47 am
by Starspawn338
"How big were they?" Gary asks. "Were you able to shoot any? How fast did they fly?" He has all kinds of questions for Jenny.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:48 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b] will continue with his plan to give [b]Samantha [/b]back her gun and then return to the parking lot.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 am
by dustakr
Spoiler,[b]Dave[/b] will go to garage for his tools and guitar. And yes sure , I will play [b]Stephanie[/b] once she joins crew and doctor.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:43 pm
by aine
"It looks like everyone has something so I'll hold the shotgun in reserve for later. Besides, this rifle is perfect for long distance with these sights but the shotgun is better when things get close." Samantha is trying to guess the conversation down at the car which is involving some exotic gesticulating but otherwise keeps sweeping the view for trouble.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 am
by Leonulf
Jenny look sullen for a moment, "We tried to destroy them, I didn't shoot any but Michael... He shot one before he died. Sorry, they were fast maybe a similar size to a bat it happened fast - it is hard to tell."

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:21 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy is keeping a general eye out for any more trouble and the dogs calm.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
9:46 AM
There was still no sign of trouble visible from the roof.

Mitchell reached the top of the ladder and clambered onto the garage roof.

In the garage-
Dave entered the garage and found his tools and guitar, right where he had left them.

In the parking lot-
The dogs were calmer since Jenny had arrived. They trotted over to her and wagged their tails. They seemed to like her a lot.
Jenny Cooper,The creatures were smaller than bats, but larger than normal insects, though they did bear some resemblance to mosquitoes as well. Most of them were burned up when [b]Michael[/b] used the burning tire, but around ten of them escaped.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:15 pm
by aine
Samantha shifts her weight and gets comfortable again. She's used to long hours of patient vigilance watching for animals and this is not much different. She's glad to see the dogs are happier.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:55 pm
by dustakr
Dave returns to parking lot and rejoins with Mitchell and Jimmy
OOC,[b]Dave[/b] scans garage for water and food to grab before leaving. also wondering how far is a silo and PMS from his location and are people there aware of what happened here.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 am
by Starspawn338
"Well that changes things. If there's things that fly and kill you with one sting, then the others aren't safe on the roof." Gary says. "We have to get inside. How are the roads? You seen any signs that they're blocked?"

Gary scans the parking lot for vehicles that might have survived the gas pump explosions.
OOC,Did my vehicle survive or is it still there even if it is damaged?

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:24 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b] will continue to carry out his goal of dropping off Samantha's shotgun with her and returning to the parking lot.

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 am
by Leonulf
Jenny replies "Inside sounds good, we should make sure the windows are closed and block and vents or openings. I didn't see any road blockages up ahead, but I don't think it would be safe to go where I just came from - we should stay away from that egg sack meteorite, it would be too risky."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:53 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy looks over at Jenny and looks pleased the dogs have another friend, he then looks up at the roof"Hey guys I think you might want to come down, it might not be safe up there."

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 pm
by aine
Samantha lowers her rifle and walks over to the edge of the roof. She calls down to Jimmy.
"Why isn't the roof safe? I thought these dead people can't climb ladders- or can they fly now?"

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
9:47 AM
Mitchell crossed over to the diner's roof and returned the shotgun to Samantha.

Outside the garage-
Dave could see no food or water in the garage. There was doubtless plenty in the diner, though. He emerged and started to make his way back.
Dave,[b]Dave[/b], you know that the PMS compound is approximately five or six miles north of here, following the dirt road. Roll Know to see if you know the locations of any nearby silos, though even if you fail, you know that there are numerous silos scattered all over this region of the country.
In the parking lot-
The diner used to have floor to ceiling windows in front, but they had all been blown out by the explosion that had resulted in the gas pumps turning into twin columns of flame and smoke. None of the vehicles parked in front of the diner were functional. At the very least, their tires had all been blown. They also had additional damage from the blast. There were a couple of vehicles parked around the corner outside the garage. They had not been damaged when the bomb went off, but they were where they were so that the mechanics could work on them because they were broken. This included Wallace's truck and Alice's car. The cars of anyone staying at the motel, such as the Lathan family, were parked in front of the motel and had not been touched by the blast. There was also the skinheads' pickup truck, which was parked on the dirt road between the motel and the T-Bone.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:28 am
by Starspawn338
"Thanks. I'm going back down now." Mitchell says to Samantha and Kimberly.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 am
by Starspawn338
"I'm going to check out the skinhead's truck and see if they got anything of value in it. Gary says. "Maybe the keys are on one of the guys over there."
Gary looks around before he heads over towards the truck.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:29 pm
by aine
"Thanks Mitchell. I'll be following you over to the motel once you're all over there safely. You should get a move on whilst the coast is clear; I don't know why it's not safe on the roof so I want to hurry up." Samantha looks around the horizon and the sky; it all seems quiet.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy looks at Samantha "Yeah so you now how everything is messed up with the dead, well they can't fly but apparently we have some deadly flying creatures on the loose. They killed Michael when he went to look at that meteorite. Thing keep getting worse"

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 pm
by aine
"Well Michael was just a tourist; he obviously got into trouble out there. I think we are better equipped to deal with a menace.
I'll come down, I want to talk to the girl who was with him."
Samantha climbs down the ladder and walks over to the group next to the car.

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 pm
by dustakr
OOC,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
9:48 AM
Kimberly went with Mitchell and Samantha over to the garage's roof where the ladder was, not wanting to remain up on the roof if it wasn't safe. However, they'd only be able to descend one at a time.

Outside the garage-
Dave walked around the corner to the front of the diner.

In the parking lot-
The dogs played with Jenny and Jimmy while Gary walked off to the west and Dave arrived.
Dave,[b]Dave[/b] knew that the silos were some distance to the west of here. There was one in particular that he knew of, the 565th ATLAS launch site B several miles east of Cheyenne, Wyoming, but it was no longer operational.
On the dirt road-
Gary reached the skinheads' pickup truck and saw that the keys were in the ignition and the engine was still running. The bullet-riddled body of the skinhead beside the road had already been plundered of all weapons and ammo, but Gary's keen eye noticed something through the holes in his shirt - he was wearing a bulletproof vest, though apparently not bulletproof enough to save his life. There was also another dead skinhead between here and the motel, but he'd have to go over there to search him.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:55 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary will lie his rifle in the seat of the truck and will take the vest off the dead skinhead.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will head down the ladder first as he's anxious to get back to Dave.

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:13 pm
by aine
Samantha keeps a look out whilst Mitchell climbs down and then climbs down herself.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:22 pm
by dustakr
OOC,does [b]Dave [/b] had a chance to pick in a diner while coming in front it?

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
9:49 AM
Mitchell climbed down the ladder while the women held it.

Outside the garage-
Mitchell reached the bottom of the ladder.

In the parking lot-
Dave looked into the diner. The floor to ceiling windows had been shattered by the blast, as had the front doors, so anyone could walk right inside. There was nobody visible in there now. A trail of blood smeared across the floor led from what used to be the front doors into the kitchen.

On the dirt road-
Gary tore off the dead skinhead's shirt and removed the Kevlar vest. It looked like it would fit him, though wearing it would slow his movements a little.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:29 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will stay by the bottom of the ladder as the women descend.

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:32 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary will put on the Kevlar vest and walk over to the other skinhead to search him.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The other skinhead is only ten or fifteen yards away. It would be faster to walk than to get in the pickup truck, drive there, and get out.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Ok, edited the post to walk over.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:12 pm
by aine
Samantha climbs down the ladder next, eager to speak to Jenny.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
9:50 AM
Kimberly waited her turn while Samantha climbed down.

Outside the garage-
Samantha also got to the bottom of the ladder.

In the parking lot-
Dave seemed to hesitate as he looked into the diner.
OOC,Everyone in the parking lot (or who enters the parking lot this turn), please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
On the dirt road-
Gary put the vest on over his clothes as he walked.

Between the dirt road and the motel-
Gary reached the dead skinhead and searched the body. There was no sign of a rifle, though he had a .45 automatic pistol in a holster on his belt along with six spare magazines for it and eight rifle magazines. He also had a combat knife in a sheath on his belt.
OOC,[b]Gary[/b], please roll Spot Hidden to see what else you find.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am
by Starspawn338
Gary will take the weapons and ammo that he finds off the body.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell waits at the bottom of the ladder until Kimberly gets down.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:47 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy observes the parking lot for a moment.
Listen(45%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny walks towards Samantha as she gets down from the ladder.
Listen(45%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 pm
by dustakr
Listen 50,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 pm
by aine
Samantha unslings her shotgun as she walks towards Jenny.
listen,base[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:35 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will listen for trouble as he waits at the bottom of the ladder.
OOC,Base Listen [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 am
by Starspawn338
Gary will keep his eyes and ears open as he is looting the skinhead.
OOC,Base Listen [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
9:51 AM
Kimberly climbed down the ladder.

Outside the garage-
Kimberly reached the bottom and joined the others just as Jenny arrived.
Samantha,[b]Samantha[/b] could hear footsteps coming from inside the diner, specifically from the kitchen area. They were moving fast, toward the rear of the building. She recognized his walk too. It was [b]Hammond[/b]. She could also hear him laughing.
In the parking lot-
Buddy turned to face the diner and barked.
OOC,[b]Max[/b]'s Listen roll (80% skill) in the parking lot: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Buddy[/b]'s Listen roll (90% skill) in the parking lot: [dice]1[/dice]
Between the dirt road and the motel-
Since the pistol, knife, and ammo were all on the belt, the simplest thing for Gary to do was to remove the entire belt from the dead man and put it on himself, so he did it.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:16 pm
by aine
Samantha turns towards the diner, raises her shotgun a little and backs away,
"Ur, you know that guy who owns the diner? He's coming out. Sounds like he's off his head.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy looks at Samantha again and turns to the dogs "Boys stay back from the entrance, just in case", Jimmy follows Samantha's move and backs away and raising the rifle.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:56 pm
by dustakr
Dave moves away from the diner door and arms himself with one of the tools in the right-hand keeping tools kit in another hand and guitar on his back.
OOC,[b]Dave[/b] hopes to find blunt weapon from available tools

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:26 am
by Starspawn338
After buckling the belt on, Gary heads back to the truck and climbs into the driver's seat.

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:30 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will follow Kimberly around to the front of the diner. He will have his shotgun out but pointed towards the ground. When he sees that Dave has his guitar, Mitchell will head over to the garage to get his baseball bat...just in case they leave.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
9:52 AM
Outside the garage-
Kimberly went with Mitchell around the corner to the front of the diner.
Samantha,[b]Hammond[/b] cackled with glee, which was followed by the sound of something being slammed and something heavy being moved. "Try to get out now!" he chuckled.
OOC,I believe [b]Mitchell[/b] already has his baseball bat, so there's no need to retrieve it.
In the parking lot-
Dave took a nice, solid wrench from the toolbox. Buddy stood still, his ears raised.
Buddy,[b]Hammond[/b] cackled with glee from somewhere in the diner's kitchen area, which was followed by the sound of something being slammed and something heavy being moved. "Try to get out now!" he chuckled.
On the dirt road-
Gary got behind the wheel of the pickup truck. The engine was purring like a kitten - a powerful kitten.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:46 am
by Starspawn338
Gary will drive the truck over to the motel entrance and put it into park.
"Is there anybody in there?" He says loudly.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:48 am
by Starspawn338
"What do you think we should do, Dave? Mitchell asks. He looks over at the motel, wondering if it might be better to leave the diner.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:01 pm
by dustakr
"We need to find Boss Earl first ..if he is still inside the diner and needs our help"...Dave replies back to Mitchell. "we literally stuck here until we find any fast ride."
OOC,does [b]Dave [/b] knows of any vehicle they can use to get away from the diner.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:13 pm
by aine
"Sounds like that man is coming out of the diner any minute- after moving the furniture around or something. He's not a dead guy, thank goodness, but..."
Samantha keeps her shotgun aimed at the diner exit and moves back hoping to find a car or something to hide behind.

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:16 am
by Leonulf
Jenny seeing the tension rise here starts to move back away from Samantha and towards the car she arrived in to hide behind if neccessary.

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy sees Buddy raising his ears "Not sure Buddy likes what he's hearing". He keeps the rifle raised.

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am
by Starspawn338
"Hey! What's going on in there?" Mitchell calls into the diner. "Is everybody okay?"

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:22 am
by aine
Samantha walks round to the far side of Jenny's car, swaps her shotgun for the rifle and watches the diner. To Jenny she says quietly,
"Tell me more about your flying creatures, Jenny.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy
9:53 AM
Outside the motel-
Gary drove over to the motel parking lot and stopped in front of the front door, which was closed. He called out and awaited a response.

In the parking lot-
Samantha and Jenny returned to the front of the diner where Jenny had left Michael's car, which made suitable cover.

The only vehicles Dave knew of that were running were the car Jenny had arrived in and the skinheads' truck that Gary had taken. The other cars in front of the diner had been damaged in the blast, and all of them had at least shredded tires, not to mention blown-out windows and other damage. There were a few vehicles outside the garage, around the corner, that had not been affected by the explosion, but they were there because they were damaged and not running. There were other vehicles in the motel parking lot that presumably still ran, but they would need either to get the keys or hotwire them.
Buddy and Samantha,[b]Hammond[/b] could be heard laughing "heh heh heh" before running out the back door of the diner. He seemed to be heading for the garage.

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:57 pm
by dustakr
Dave talks with concern.. "guys we need to do something, it's not safe here to stand outside on the ground for long..."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 am
by Starspawn338
"Well, I'm not going to stay on the roof and the diner's windows are all blasted out so that don't look too safe either." Mitchell says. "I'm going to head over to the motel."

Mitchell will take off at a jog to the motel.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:01 am
by Starspawn338
Not getting a reply to his call, Gary is going to hop out and go to the front door.
"Anybody in here?" He says as he knocks loudly on the door.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm
by aine
"That crazy guy isn't coming out here; I think he's heading out the back way instead." Samantha says in a voice loud enough for those around her to hear. "Let's get over to the motel while we can." She says to Jenny. "The guys are right; it's not safe out here." She whistles to the dogs, "Come on, boys, good dogs!" Hoping they will follow her and she follows Mitchell to the motel, keeping a good look round.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:30 am
by Leonulf
Jenny starts to follow Samantha "I am thinking safety in numbers right now, I will stick close to you... those creatures... I am not sure what more I can say, they were so alien to me, I have never seen anything like them. The important thing is - if you see them run, I don't want to get close to them ever again."

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:32 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy points to Samantha "Boys, you follow the girls - help keep them safe.". After speaking to the dogs he raises his voice. "I will keep the door covered.".

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm
by dustakr
Dave shouts back at Samantha.."did you saw any weapon on a crazy guy..." He not sure if his words were heard...but Dave stays put, he tightly holds a wrench and cautiously starts moving toward the diner door.

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm
by aine
Samantha looks back over her shoulder at Dave as she walks towards the motel. "No, at least, I didn't hear any weapons. Sounded more like he was moving the furniture around before he left out of the back."

To Jenny she says, "Were they like insects or more like bats, mammals, would you say? The more we know, the more we can prepare against them. They attacked the guy, Michael who went down quickly so the poison must be very strong but he killed one so we need to get them before they get close. And they were around the meteorite? Maybe the heat attracted them to it."

Samantha has expert knowledge of lots of animals but nothing like this, maybe she needs to extrapolate between species.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 pm
by Starspawn338
Getting no response, Gary will try to door to see if it is locked.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy
9:54 AM
Outside the motel-
Gary rattled the knob, but he found that the door was locked.
OOC,[b]Gary[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
In the parking lot-
Dave walked through the shattered front door of the diner and into the deserted and blasted main area, taking care not to step on broken glass, while Jimmy stood outside and covered him.

The dogs loyally trotted off after Mitchell, Jenny and Samantha toward the motel. Kimberly joined them.

Between the motel and the T-Bone-
Mitchell, Jenny, Samantha, Kimberly, and the dogs cleared about half the distance to the motel, reaching the dirt road.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 am
by Leonulf
Jenny shrugs "Smaller than a bat but larger than an insect - but then they were kind of insect like. Maybe a hummingbird sized mosquito - its so hard to describe them - they had such an unfamiliar look to me. Well I got freaked out a bit looking at them close so I could be wrong but I dont think they were attracted to the meteorite - but were the meteorite, like a rocky egg sack maybe... Fire does seems to burn them but we didn't do a good job of that, unless we had flamethrowers we are out of luck - so you know we are out of luck..." Jenny starts looking back off into the distance for a moment.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:21 am
by Starspawn338
Gary listens at the door.
OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
9:55 AM
Outside the motel-
Gary heard nothing through the door, and there was still no response to his knock. Mitchell, Samantha, Jenny, Kimberly, and the dogs arrived.
OOC,Everyone else outside the motel may also roll Listen. Also, everyone, please roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
In the parking lot-
Jimmy remained where he was and stood watch.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], please roll Listen and Spot Hidden.
In the diner-
Dave hesitated in the main area of the diner. There was no movement. The blood trail leading to the kitchen lay on the floor ominously, but did he dare follow it?
OOC,[b]Dave[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm
by aine
"Quiet, boys." Samantha tells the dogs. She listens and looks around.
Listen and spot hidden,(base, 40)[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:24 pm
by dustakr
Dave slightly gets annoyed by the look of a diner, little relieved by not seeing any deadbodies moving around... but gets startles back by the blood on the floor, he looks around cautiously trying to find bigger weapon if lying around.
Spoiler:
Listen,

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the motel-
Samantha,Looking back to the east, [b]Samantha[/b] barely saw a truck approaching in the distance on the highway.

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:08 am
by Starspawn338
Since no one responded to his knock, Gary will try to open the door.
OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice] Listen 25 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will look for a fire escape up to the second floor rooms.
OOC,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice] Listen 25 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:07 am
by Leonulf
Jenny
Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Listen,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy edges closer to the door, still with the readied firearm.
Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Listen,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:31 pm
by aine
"There's someone else coming; right out there." Samantha points out where the road disappears in the East.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the motel-
The front door was firmly locked. Any attempt to enter through it would require either force or picking the lock. There were two staircases visible leading up to the balcony that encircled the motel and gave access to the upstairs rooms, one near the southeast corner and one near the northeast corner.
Mitchell/Jimmy,Looking back to the east, [b]Mitchell[/b] and [b]Jimmy[/b] saw a truck approaching in the distance on the highway.
Gary,Looking back to the east, [b]Gary[/b] saw a truck approaching in the distance on the highway. He recognized it as [b]Baldwin[/b]'s truck.
Jenny Cooper,[b]Jenny[/b] could hear voices talking inside the motel somewhere, but she couldn't make out what they were saying.
Jimmy,[b]Jimmy[/b] could hear someone inside the garage.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy turns to the road to see a truck approaching "Hey guys, it looks like we are about to have guests - and whoever is inside is talking about stockpiling supplies. I don't think we want to risk all the supplies getting taken, but it might not be just whoever is on the inside we need to worry about - I will keep watching the door, can someone keep an eye on that truck I think trouble might be about to start.".

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:08 pm
by aine
Samantha goes to the nearest support, rests her rifle on it aiming at the truck and looks through the sights.
"Can dead people drive? If so, this one's driving like a pro." She says.

Re: IC-Survival(various)

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:04 am
by Mr. Handy
9:56 AM
On the highway-
Wallace drove Baldwin's truck toward the truck stop from the east. "What the hell is Hammond doing with my tanker?" snarled Wallace. Outside the garage, he and his passengers could see Hammond attaching a lengthy hose to the tanker. "Bastard's stealing my gas!" He headed for the off ramp leading into the truck stop.

Outside the motel-
Everyone could now see the truck approaching the off ramp to the truck stop, and Mitchell and Gary could see that Jim Kerr and State Trooper Bo Richards were in the cab of the truck with him, Bo riding shotgun.

In the parking lot-
Jimmy saw Baldwin's truck about to enter the parking lot, and he too could see who was in it.
OOC,Oops, sorry! :oops: I'd thought [b]Jimmy[/b] was in front of the motel, but he's here. There's no way he could hear what was going on inside the motel from where he is, but he does hear something else. I've edited the spoiler button in the above post.
Jimmy,[b]Jimmy[/b] could hear running footsteps outside the garage around the corner, as well as someone fiddling with a hose and cackling. It sounded like [b]Hammond[/b]'s voice.
In the diner-
There were no guns, though he saw a few spent shell casings. The only things that might be usable as weapons that he could see would be the legs of chairs, if he could break them off, but they wouldn't be any better than his wrench.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will head up the southeast stairs to the balcony and begin checking doors to see if any are unlocked.
OOC,Is this a motel that has no interior doors to a common area. In other words, are the exterior balcony doors the only entrance/exit?

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:32 pm
by Starspawn338
As the truck pulls into the parking lot, Gary will hail them with a wave.
"How's the roads? Is there anywhere safe we can go from here?

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 am
by Leonulf
Jenny moves to get behind Samantha "No offense but as your well armed I am just going to wait back here a little. But you know - trouble comes in threes, and we have already had skinheads, zombies and some kind of death bugs - this might be someone helpful coming..." . She speaks with a tone that suggests she was trying to convince herself more than she was trying convince Samantha.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:12 pm
by dustakr
Dave lookout for any other incident inside diner other than blood trail leading to the kitchen, then he turns to the kitchen and speaks in a loud voice, "Boss, is that you in there, are you hurt? anyone else with you in there, boss?" he waits for a response for a while.
Spoiler:
OOC,
If no response then Dave likes to know if he can go ahead and find diner back door without going inside the kitchen,
If yes then he moves towards backdoor to the diner.
If no way around the kitchen to reach the back door, then he will move cautiously towards the kitchen working his way up to the back door.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:22 pm
by aine
"I think you could be right." Samantha says to Jenny as she squints down the eyepiece watching the proceedings. "The over-tattooed grunt (meaning Gary) doesn't seem alarmed. But we can stay here until we are sure. There's still no answer from inside the motel? That doesn't bode well."

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
9:57 AM
In the parking lot-
Wallace waved back as he turned off of the highway, but he either didn't hear what Gary said or didn't bother responding. He drove past Jimmy, heading for the garage.

Outside the motel-
"Maybe they just didn't hear us," said Kimberly. "I can't really blame them for hunkering them down considering what's happened."

On the balcony-
Mitchell ascended the concrete stairs and was on the balcony. The east side of the motel had eleven doors at regular intervals, each leading to a room. The ones near him were locked when he tried them. The balcony also went around corners at the north and south ends of the motel, where it went around the back. He didn't spend much time at the motel, but he knew that the only way to access the motel rooms was from outside, either on ground level or on the balcony. There was no way to get to the common areas of the motel except through the front and back doors at ground level, but at least he'd get a better view from up here and would be in less danger.

In the diner-
There was no response. Dave knew that there was a back door in the kitchen, but that wasn't the only one. To the left, a hallway led from the back of the diner past Hammond and Earl's office to a back door. He made his way there and pushed open the fire door, where he could look outside. In most directions nothing was visible, but to the right, he could see Hammond running from the far corner toward the back door to the kitchen, which was propped open slightly. He had a revolver in his belt, and he was unwinding a hose behind him.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 am
by dustakr
Dave steps back and takes a cover, not sure if boss Hammond saw him or not, Dave does not see Earl around.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:48 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Whoa, now stop here Wallace. We must see what´s happening here and help the people out." Bo starts to open the passenger door, hoping Wallace will actually stop the truck. He scans the garage and diner to see who is out and about.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 am
by Starspawn338
Seeing that they didn't hear him, Gary will walk a few steps towards the truck and wave in greeting.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell will go back down and around the back to see if the back door is open.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:37 pm
by aine
The truck seems friendly. Samantha lowers her rifle with a sigh of relief. "That's something anyhow. Let's go see if they've got any news." She says to Kimberly and Jenny. She walks back over towards where the truck is pulling up. Out of habit she keeps a general eye out on the sky and horizon.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am
by Leonulf
Jenny nods [/b] "Good idea, but please be good news or no news, no more what the fuck news."

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 pm
by dustakr
Dave tries to be more attentive to his surroundings while keeping an eye on boss Hammond's chore, he is confused if he should confront Hammond or not, after while he gathers the courage to call out boss Hammond without offending him from behind cover..."Boss, I am Dave mechanic here, are you ok there..where is Boss Earl?"

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
9:58 AM
In the parking lot-
Wallace sighed, but he stopped the truck. "All right," he said to Bo, "just promise me you're gonna arrest Hammond after that. I can't wait to see you slap the cuffs on him." He got out of the truck, staggering a little.

Bo could see that Jimmy was standing around in the lot, keeping an eye on the diner. Dave was inside the ruined diner, near the back. Jenny, Kimberly, Gary, Samantha, and the dogs were heading back toward the diner from the motel. Mitchell was visible coming down the stairs from the motel balcony, near the southeast corner.

Outside the motel-
Kimberly went with Jenny, Gary, and Samantha back toward the truck. The dogs followed. They soon reached the dirt road halfway between the two buildings. Mitchell reached the bottom of the stairs by the southwest corner of the motel. The skies were thankfully clear.

In the diner-
Dave heard Hammond open the kitchen's back door and head inside, laughing, before Dave called out to him. There was no response.
OOC,[b]Dave[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 am
by dustakr
OOC,Listen Roll [dice]0[/dice]

Dave gets out of cover and walks near the kitchen back door...if possible tries to get a pick into the kitchen taking cover from behind the door.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:50 pm
by aine
"Hey, it's a cop!" Samantha waves at Bo. Then realises he's the one she saw here earlier at breakfast time. "Where's he been all this time?" She says to the others as they walk towards the truck.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 pm
by Starspawn338
Mitchell looks over at the truck briefly and then goes around to the back of the motel.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 pm
by Starspawn338
"What are you doing back here? Are the roads impassable?" Gary says to the trio in the truck. "Some of the skinheads disappeared with a couple women from the diner as hostages. Not sure what happened to the rest of the skinheads but everyone in the diner has gone somewhere, including the infected that didn't get killed again."

Gary pauses then continues. "Oh, and there might be some flying alien creatures coming this way from the meteor that crashed last night. They got poison stingers so we need to get under some cover soon.

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:02 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy calls out "You guys think we should actually try and make our way in, I am pretty sure whoever is in there is taking supplies but I don't feel too comfortable getting in by myself. Or we could make sure all entrances/exits are covered at least?".

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim gets out of the truck and looks towards the diner. "You think we should go check out what happened in there?"

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
9:59 AM
Behind the diner-
Dave slipped outside and went over to the kitchen's back door. The door through which he had exited shut behind him. The kitchen door was propped open by the hose that passed through it. Peeking through the door, he saw into the kitchen, which was deserted and quite messy. The blood smears he had seen in the main area of the diner continued through the kitchen and into the open door leading to the liquor closet. The hose also went through that door.

In the parking lot-
Wallace staggered out of the truck. "That's serious bad news," he said. "I wouldn't know where to begin. I just wanna bust Hammond, and then I need to lie down and rest. That bastard's stealing my gas." He gave Bo a forced smile. "I just hope he resists arrest. I-80's blocked off to the east, and Sidney's on fire, but we didn't have to go that far. We got off near Brownson and rendezvoused with a State Police helicopter, where we dropped off some fuel and passengers for the lovely lady pilot."

Kimberly, Jenny, Gary, and Samantha arrived, followed by the dogs. "Something should be done about those skinheads," said Kimberly. "I don't think they're going to let those hostages go, and I have reason to believe they have other captives up at their compound. I can help if we go after them, but we're going to need a large force." She looked at Bo. "You up for it?"
OOC,Everyone in the parking lot may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Behind the motel-
Mitchell went around the south side of the motel to the southwest corner and looked around. This side of the motel had stairs to the balcony near the southwest and northwest corners as well. A short distance from the west side of the motel, the parking lot ended at the edge of a field where tall grass, higher than his head, waved in the wind as it extended into the distance.
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm
by dustakr
Dave steps inside the kitchen while trying not to trip on anything around him,
he looks around for boss hammond, he keeps quiet in the kitchen, if no motion in the kitchen he will try to check what's inside liquor closet, of course with caution and while taking covers.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Spot Hidden 85 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell walks around the back of the building, looking for a back door into the office or an open window.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm
by Starspawn338
Jim will pull out his pistol and head over to the diner to investigate.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:58 pm
by Starspawn338
"Ah hell, I guess I'm up for it." Gary says in response to Kimberly's suggestion.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Dave[/b], please roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%. [b]Jim[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:49 am
by Starspawn338
Listen rolls,Jim Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice] Gary Listen 25 [dice]1[/dice] Mitchell Listen 25 [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:58 pm
by dustakr
Spoiler:
OOC, Sneak roll

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:34 pm
by aine
Samantha raises her eyebrows. She's an outdoors girl. "You gonna take on those skinheads in the diner? You're crazy! I'm going back to the motel and up the stairs where I can keep an eye out for skinheads, zombies and lethal flying insects." She turns to the dogs, "You going or are you staying with me, boys?" She's always preferred animals to people.
listen,base [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:18 am
by Mr. Handy
10:00 AM
In the kitchen-
Dave saw no movement in the kitchen, so he silently padded over to the open door to the liquor closet.
OOC,[b]Dave[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Madness

In the parking lot-
The dogs trotted over to Jenny's side, looking up at her to see what she would do.

"I understand," said Kimberly. "Thank you, Gary, that means a lot. I wouldn't expect civilians to get involved with this, but I'm sure I can count on the State Trooper here. It's not just the ones in the diner, but there's also the ones that escaped with the hostages. I don't think I need to tell you what they're going to do to those women if we don't rescue them, and I have reason to believe they have other captives as well. They've most likely gone back to their compound, but I have some intel about it that could be of use."

"Where's Rosie?" asked Bo. "Is...is she one of the hostages?"

"I'd like to help," said Wallace. "I used to be a reservation cop. But I feel like hell warmed over. I don't know how much longer I'll last."
Gary,[b]Gary[/b] could hear the sound of something heavy being moved deep in the diner, from the kitchen area. This was followed by maniacal laughter.
In the diner-
Jim Kerr stepped into the diner, glass fragments crunching under his boots. A trail of blood led from the entrance to the diner and into the kitchen.
Jim Kerr,[b]Jim[/b] could hear the sound of something heavy being moved beyond the kitchen doors. This was followed by maniacal laughter.
Behind the motel-
Mitchell went over to the back door and tried it, finding it to be locked as well. There was a window next to it, but it had curtains drawn shut, as did the windows of all of the motel rooms on this side of the building. There was no movement other than the waving grass as far as Mitchell's eye could see.
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] heard voices on the other side of the door, as well as what sounded like video game music: "Maybe the military will let me have a gun," said a young male voice. "No," said a woman flatly. "No fair! [b]Scotty[/b] got to use one!" "Shh," hissed another woman, whose voice he recognized as that of [b]Ellen Cody[/b], the motel's maid. "There's someone walking around out there."

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:02 am
by Leonulf
Jimmy was getting restless watching the door and seeing others make a move he follows Jim into the diner with the rifle still readied.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:08 am
by Leonulf
Jenny signals to the dogs to follow [/b] "I think I have had enough action for one day, I am going to follow Samantha you boys can help be our eyes and ears if you want" . She calls out to Samantha "Wait up, I'll join you and I think the dogs will too" .

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:26 pm
by aine
Samantha turns and waits for Jenny to catch up. "I'm sorry, I'd be no use in there; I don't cope too well with confined spaces, not when they are full of crazy humans. That's why I took my job as a park warden; outdoors." She walks back to the motel with Jenny and the dogs. "Are they yours? They're good dogs. Can you use a shotgun?"

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy
10:01 AM
In the parking lot-
"We'll find Rosie, Trooper," said Kimberly. "Let's get in there." With their shotguns in hand, she and Bo followed Jimmy inside and joined Jim Kerr.

"Hell, I'm coming too," said Wallace, hefting his rifle and going inside with them.

The dogs followed Jenny and Samantha west toward the motel. They were now about halfway there.

In the diner-
Broken glass from the windows littered the floor near the front of the room. A trail of blood led from there to the kitchen doors.
OOC,Everyone who just entered may roll Listen. The base skill is 25%. [b]Jim Kerr[/b] does not need to roll, as he already succeeded.
Jim Kerr,"Thanks, Dave, I got this," said [b]Hammond[/b]'s voice from somewhere beyond the kitchen doors. This was followed by the sound of liquid spraying, as from a hose. "Those skinheads are down there with a bunch of those people who won't stay dead. I managed to get away while they were fighting. Now I'm gonna burn 'em all!" From further away and below, he heard a man call out "S***, run!"
Behind the motel-
Mitchell,[b]Mitchell[/b] waited, but he heard nothing new from the kitchen. However, in the distance somewhere inside the motel, he heard [b]Ellen[/b] hiss: "[b]Mr. Foo[/b], we heard someone moving around behind the motel! I think it's...one of them..."

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:58 am
by Starspawn338
Mitchell yells out. "No, I ain't one of them. It's Mitchell from the garage. Please let me in!

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:01 am
by Starspawn338
Gary is loathe to leave the truck.
"I thought we were going out to the skinhead's compound and see if we can't get those girls out of there." He calls out to Kimberly. Then he gets inside the truck and makes sure the windows are rolled up.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 am
by Starspawn338
Jim continues on to the back of the diner to see if he can't get a visual on what's going on. His pistol is out and ready.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the diner-
"We will," Kimberly called back to Gary, "but first we have to take care of the skinheads that are still here and rescue anyone they've taken prisoner."

JIm Kerr could see that there was a back door at the rear of the diner, on the left side, away from the kitchen. He started making his way toward it.
OOC,Everyone in the diner, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
10:02 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary rolled up the windows and waited in the pickup truck.

In the diner-
Jim Kerr continued through the diner and looked out the back door. There was nothing unusual he could see outside to the north. Looking east along the wall, however, he noticed that another fire door along that wall which presumably led to the kitchen was propped open by a hose passing through it. It came from around the corner, on the east side of the building where the garage was.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b]'s Listen roll (45% skill) in the diner: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Wallace[/b]'s Listen roll (49% skill) in the diner: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Listen roll (47% skill) in the diner: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Listen roll (57% skill) in the diner: [dice]3[/dice]
Jimmy/Wallace/Kimberly/Jim Kerr,"Stop boss, someone else down there," called [b]Dave[/b] from the direction of the kitchen. "Who is down there, identify yourself?" The sound of liquid spraying stopped.
"BURN IN HELL YOU BASTARDS!" screamed Hammond at the top of his lungs from the direction of the kitchen. Bo and Kimberly ran through the kitchen doors, while Wallace limped behind them.
Jimmy/Wallace/Kimberly/Jim Kerr,This was followed by the sound of something slamming down, and then [b]Hammond[/b]'s hysterical laughter.
In the kitchen-
Bo and Kimberly rushed inside with their shotguns ready, Wallace backing them up with his rifle. A hose snaked in from the back door across the bloody floor and through the open door to the liquor closet, which was also where the blood trail led.

In front of the motel-
Samantha, Jenny, and the dogs finally reached the motel's parking lot.

Behind the motel-
"Hold on, we have to move the barricade!" a woman called from the other side of the door. "Come on, Bobby, lend a hand." There was the sound of furniture being moved, and finally the door opened to reveal a woman in her forties and a teenage boy who bore some resemblance to her. They stepped aside. "Come on in," said the woman.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:45 pm
by aine
Samantha runs up the nearest staircase to reach the walkway. She looks for a spot she can see the diner from. "Come on up here, Jenny, bring the dogs. You might find some water for them in one of the rooms." She hunkers down and lines her rifle up to cover the diner area if possible.

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:07 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny continues to follow Samantha "Ah they aren't mine they seem to be keeping an eye out for me though and they are friendly, they must belong to someone around here. Not the best with a shotgun but I have used a rifle before - not too bad with it but targets and rabbits are one thing, skinheads and zombies - well Id rather be out of the way I think. Must be nice being a park ranger, I liked the outdoors as well - but after seeing those damned creatures everything is making me so damned nervous now" .

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:15 pm
by Leonulf
Jimmy crouches down and tries to stay low while following Jim sticking to any cover and trying his best to stay out of sight from whomever asked them to identify themselves.
Listen 45%,[dice]0[/dice]
Sneak 50%,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
10:03 AM
In the parking lot-
Jimmy entered the diner while Gary waited in the pickup truck.

In the diner-
Jim Kerr remained where he was, unsure of what to do. Jimmy joined him, covering him with his rifle.

In the kitchen-
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b], [b]Bo[/b], and [b]Kimberly[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Madness

In front of the motel-
Samantha and Jenny went to the stairs at the southwest corner and ascended them to the balcony, the dogs close on their heels.

On the motel balcony, southeast corner-
Samantha, Jenny, and the dogs reached the top of the stairs and stood on the balcony. The east side of the motel was lined with several closed doors, including the one to Samantha's room. The balcony rounded the corner to the west and went around to the rear of the motel.

Behind the motel-
Mitchell stepped into the motel.
OOC,[b]Mitchell[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Wake Up Call

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:36 am
by Starspawn338
Jim will follow Bo and the others into the kitchen.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 am
by Starspawn338
Gary will drive the truck over to the front of the diner and wait for the others to come out.

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
"I think I've got my key somewhere still." Samantha finds it in a pocket and gives it to Jenny. "You can use the bathroom in my room to get some water, use the bin or something. And have a look round for my binoculars; I can't remember if I left them in my room or my car. Oh and there's half a packet of cookies we can share. I'll keep a look out."
ooc,Is it okay to assume Sam would have binoculars as part of her warden equipment?

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, that's reasonable.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:04 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary pulled up outside the entrance to the diner.

In the diner-
Jimmy followed Jim Kerr into the kitchen.
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b] and [b]Jim Kerr[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Madness

While Samantha waited, Jenny took her key and found the door to the room Samantha had told her was hers. With the key, it was a simple matter to let herself inside. The dogs followed her.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:05 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary continued to wait.

On the motel balcony, southwest corner-
Samantha waited for Jenny to return with her things.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
In Samantha's room-
Jenny found a canteen and filled it from the bathroom sink. Buddy went over to the toilet and drank from it. Then Jenny found Samantha's binoculars and a partial bag of cookies. Max looked up at her and whimpered. "Okay," she said. "You can have one." She fed him a cookie, and Buddy also trotted over. "All right. Each." She gave one to him too.
OOC,[b]Jenny[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary continues to wait in the truck.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:18 pm
by aine
Samantha sat patiently but visually alert.
Listen,base [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary waited, but there was still no movement from within the diner that he could see. Nobody had come out of the kitchen.

In Samantha's room-
Having collected everything she had come to get, Jenny hurried back to the balcony.
OOC,[b]Jenny[/b]'s Listen roll (40% skill) in the motel room: [dice]0[/dice]
Jenny raced back to Samantha. "There are two people running toward the motel from behind it!" she called. Just as she arrived, she gasped. "They're starting to pound on the door!"

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 am
by Starspawn338
Gary will look around as he waits in the truck.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 pm
by aine
"They don't sound like dead people, or skinheads for that matter. Let's go see who it is. Here, take this., its loaded." Samantha hands Jenny the shotgun and quickly but quietly walks along the balcony round to the rear of the motel to peep over the side at the back, holding her rifle ready.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06:12 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary looked around, but he could see no movement and no other people. He felt awfully alone.

"Thanks," said Jenny, accepting the shotgun. "Come on, fellas." The dogs tailed after her and Samantha around the corner.

Samantha, Jenny, and the dogs rounded the southwest corner of the motel. The balcony looked out over a seemingly endless field of tall grass, broken only by the ribbon of I-80 stretching off into the distance to the west just south of the motel. They couldn't see what was making the banging noise from here, however. Whatever the source of the sound was, it was underneath the balcony, about halfway between the southwest and northwest corners. The only way to get a closer look at it would be to descend the southwest stairway just a few feet away - but that also seemed dangerous. Just then, there was the sound of wood splintering from a powerful blow, coming from the same place where they had heard the other sounds.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:55 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06:24 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary kept waiting, but there was still no movement.
Samantha and Jenny hesitated at the top of the stairs. Buddy and Max stood beside them, growling deep in their throats. There was another massive blow and the sound of something collapsing. "They're going inside," whispered Jenny.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny moves with Samantha but hods the shotgun up and aims in the direction they came from in case anyone or anything suddenly comes in after them while Samantha looks over the balcony "Please be careful, this day just won't give up" .
OOC,Apologies for extended time away - our new baby arrived early!

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 pm
by aine
"I'm thinking if it was human it would be calling out by now. It must have come through the grass and no one saw it. Do you think we can draw it out and shoot it? Do you want to try, Jenny?"
Ooc,Gosh, that's a tough one but enjoy it if you can, good luck and congratulations.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
10:06:48 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary continued to wait.
OOC,[b]Gary[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the parking lot: [dice]0[/dice]
Now the smashing sounds were coming from inside the motel, on the ground floor.
OOC,Welcome back and congratulations, Leonulf!

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:44 pm
by aine
"Here, give me the shotgun, I'm going down. Keep watch over the grass and scream if you see anyone else approaching." Samantha holds out her rifle to swap over and then proceeds bravely down the stairs.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
10:07 AM
In the parking lot-
Gary heard gunfire coming from the direction of the motel.

Samantha and Jenny exchanged weapons as gunfire rang out from inside the motel. Samantha made her way downstairs.
Jenny Cooper,[b]Jenny[/b] could tell that there was a shotgun blast and two single shots, coming from the front side of the motel.
Behind the motel-
Samantha reached the base of the stairs, shotgun ready. There was nobody visible back here. The motel room doors lining this side of the ground floor were closed, but the back door to the motel had been smashed open from the outside.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 pm
by Starspawn338
Upon hearing the gunfire from the motel, Gary will drive over to the motel to see if he can tell what is happening. He's going to stay in his truck.
OOC,Can you drive all the way around the motel? Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy
10:08 AM
In front of the motel-
Gary drove across the dirt road to the motel, focused on his destination and not looking at anything else. As he drove, there was a second shotgun blast, and then silence. The front door was closed. The parking lot did go around the motel, so it would be possible to drive around without going off-road, though the pickup truck certainly looked capable of it.
Jenny heard a second shotgun blast, and then silence.

Behind the motel-
Samantha heard a second shotgun blast, and then silence. She reached the back doorway where a door had recently stood and could see into the kitchen. The floor was littered with shattered furniture that had apparently been hastily assembled as a barricade. Another open doorway at the far end of the kitchen led further inside.
OOC,[b]Samantha[/b], please roll Spot Hidden and Listen. The base skill is 25%.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:09 pm
by Leonulf
Jenny swaps weapons with Samantha and moves to the balcony edge to watch out as requested "Ok Ill keep an eye out" , she calls out as Samantha moves downstairs.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:07 pm
by Starspawn338
Gary will slowly drive around the motel to see if he can tell where the trouble is.
OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:27 pm
by aine
Samantha calls,
"Hello, don't shoot! Is anyone normal in there?" She keeps the shotgun trained and ready and doesn't stand too close to the door in case someone or something rushes her.

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the motel-
Mr. Foo waved and called out to Samantha from the motel lobby: "Normal is a relative term, but we're not infected, if that's what you mean!"
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Hold Down the Fort