IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Erica Spears, where´s your location ATM? Over." Bob relays.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

Once he's finished his coffee, Baldwin leaves payment and a tip on the table and gets up. He leaves the diner to go and check on his truck.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Lynn:

"Okay, I'll be right back with your order."

Lynne smiles and heads off with the order (to the grill?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:00 AM
In the diner-
"Done," said Beth, having finally finished filling out the application. She handed it to Rita, who accepted it with a nod and a grunt. "When can I expect an interview?"

"Well, Hammond's probably not too busy at the moment," said Rita. "I'll go and see if he's free."

Rosie fetched the coffeepot and poured a cup for Azadeh, placing it before her as she studied the menu. "Know what you want yet?" she asked.

"I'll have steak and eggs," Azadeh replied.

"How do you like it?"

"The steak medium rare, the eggs scrambled."

"I'll go put your order in. It'll be about fifteen or twenty minutes."

Ashley put Luke's food in front of him, put the empty tray on a countertop, and led the Lathan family to an empty booth.

Lynne entered the kitchen.
OOC,[b]Lynne[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
On the Grill

In the parking lot-
"Check that landing at the T-Bone," replied Erica Spears to Bob. "No way, buddy. I’ll be damn lucky if I can make it to Brownson with what gas I got...I'll never get to your position. Right now I'm a few dozen miles east of Alliance. I thought about landing there, but there's a big smoke coming off from it. Over."

"This is Joe Barring," Joe replied to Bo. "Damn lot of people comin' out looking pretty badly hurt. But I just had some crazed bastard try to break into my car while I was drivin' it. I think these people are damn dangerous, Troop. No luck calling any other State Trooper stations."

Kimberly slipped past the skinheads' Chevy Blazer without them noticing, distracted as they were. However, she could not hear what they were saying inside.
Flip,"[b]Buzz[/b], this is [b]Horst[/b]," said [b]Horst[/b]. "[b]Hammond[/b]'s trying to pull a fast one. Says he don't have our stuff yet but will have it later. That's a crock of bulls***. I want you and a bunch o' the boys to come down here and pay him a little visit. Leave [b]Doc[/b] in charge while you're gone. Over." "Roger that, [b]Horst[/b]," replied [b]Buzz[/b] over the CB. "ETA in twenty. Over and out."
OOC,Someone else at the helicopter ([b]Sean[/b] or [b]Jim[/b]) may attempt to use Fast Talk or Persuade on [b]Erica[/b]. Anyone in the parking lot who wishes to try to eavesdrop on the skinheads should roll Sneak and Listen. The base skill for Sneak is 10%, and the base skill for Listen is 25%. Even if you fail the Sneak roll, you might not be heard. If the Listen roll succeeds, you may click the spoiler button for [b]Flip[/b] above and view its contents. [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Sneak roll (48% skill) moving past the Chevy Blazer: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Listen roll (57% skill) moving past the Chevy Blazer: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Bob, let me talk to her." Jim takes the mike. "If you can make it to Brownson, you can make it to us. We're just west of Syndey. Anyway, you don't sound like you got better options. Getting closer to us and another chopper is good for us all."
OOC,Fast Talk 44 [dice]0[/dice]
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Seeing that Kimberly has made it past the skinheads to her car, Gary goes to his car.
OOC,I want to get my rifle and put it in the front seat of my car. Sneak 10 [dice]0[/dice] Listen 25 [dice]1[/dice]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean nods, though Erica can't see it.

"We're seeing signs of rioting even out here. Coming here seems safer than risking flying somewhere where there's unrest."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob is greatful he´s not alone in the parking lot.

Bo Richards turns the ignition off exits the patrol car, remembering to take the keys out. Standing by the door he calls back to Joe. "You better come up to Sidney and the T-bone and we can talk face to face. There´s no place to be roaming the streets man. We have a good place here. Over!"

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Baldwin:

Baldwin gives the skinheads a wide berth as he walks across to the garage. He doesn't want to overhear what they're saying, it would only make him angry.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:01 AM
In the diner-
Rita led Beth over to the door to Hammond's office and knocked. "Got an applicant for the waitress opening, Hammond," she called. "You busy?"

"Naw, send her in," said Hammond from the other side of the door.

Beth opened the door and entered the office.

"Anything to drink?" Rosie asked Azadeh.

"I'll have coffee," she replied.

"I'll go put your order in and bring you back your coffee, hon," said Rosie, heading into the kitchen.

Duke and Robert sat down on a pair of stools at the counter.

"Anything I can get you to drink while you look at the menus?" Ashley asked the Lathan family.

"I'll have a Coke," said Bobby.

"You will not," said Tony Lathan. "Not for breakfast. OJ for the boys, coffee for me."

"I'll have coffee too," said Cathy, her voice distant.
OOC,[b]Rosie[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
On the Grill
OOC,[b]Beth[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Private Meeting

In the parking lot-
Baldwin proceeded east toward the garage, where his truck was parked.

"No can do," replied Erica to Jim Kerr. "I want to help you, but I'll be damn lucky if I can get as far as Brownson, and if I do I'll be on fumes. Couldn't fly even one mile beyond that. Not sure if I will be able to make it to Brownson, but no way can I get this bird back up in the air if I do make it. I'm willing to try, though. I would appreciate you folks trying to secure fuel and have it ready for me there when I land... there's a community college of some sort there, and maybe they have aviation fuel. I would also appreciate some protection for the bird...Over."

"Don't think I can make it past Sidney, Bo," replied Joe Barring. "That place is a royal mess, let me tell you."

Bud and Alex entered the west side of the parking lot, followed by Father Roger McCormick. Gary followed Kimberly past the Chevy Blazer. Horst and Flip, the two skinheads inside, got out of the vehicle, stubbed out their cigars, and headed back for the diner. They did not even notice Gary's presence, and Flip seemed completely oblivious.

Kimberly turned and approached Gary when he went to his car and moved his rifle. "Hi," she said to him. "You didn't happen to hear what those two scumbags were saying when you walked past them, did you?"
OOC,[b]Baldwin[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Breakdown
OOC,[b]Bo[/b] has already tried and failed to convince [b]Joe Barring[/b]. Someone else might have better luck. [b]Horst[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the Chevy Blazer: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Listen roll (36% skill) in the Chevy Blazer: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob works on the helicopter to get it ready asap.

Bo clutches the radio. "No sweat, brother. Try to find a place to hole up in and radio back when you´re secured. Over!"
TVblog

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Roger that. I'll see what I can do about getting someone out to meet you in Brownson. Over." Jim says.

Turning to Bob, he says, "What do you think Bob? Can we load up a couple of these barrels of fuel and send it out to Erica in Brownson to get her here?"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Kimberly turned and approached Gary when he went to his car and moved his rifle. "Hi," she said to him. "You didn't happen to hear what those two scumbags were saying when you walked past them, did you?"
Gary shakes his head as he answers. "Nah, I'm sorry. I couldn't hear anything but I really didn't try to get to awful close."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean shakes his head. "We don't have time for this.". But he does not push it, continuing to work on the helicopter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
"Can't do that," said Joe over the police cruiser's radio. "I put on the badge to help people when they need it, not to lie low. Over."

"Please do that," Erica replied on the chopper's radio. "Without fuel waiting for me, I'll be dead meat on the ground. My ETA to Brownson is 45 minutes - if I even make it. If not, I'll have to set down early. That should give you plenty of time to bring the fuel and some protection to Brownson. Over."

Bob realized that one barrel of fuel was more than enough for the short hop from Brownson to the T-Bone, and they had already pretty much filled the first barrel draining fuel from the broken-down chopper. It was feasible to bring it there, but they would need a pickup truck or a big rig to carry it. It would take time to refuel Erica's chopper in Brownson, so they'd need to be able to protect it while it was refueling. There was one more problem: they had just enough fuel on them to barely make it to Omaha. If they used some to bring Erica's chopper here, they could pump the rest of the fuel into it, but it would no longer be enough to make it all the way to Omaha. They'd be a few miles short. They'd have to find somewhere along the way to refuel, or make it the rest of the way on the ground.

"Don't sweat it," Kimberly told Gary. "I couldn't hear what they were saying either, but I'm sure they're up to no good."

Just then, gunshots ripped the air in the distance.
OOC,Everyone in the parking lot may roll Listen to try to determine where the gunshots originated. The base chance is 25%. Those inside the diner will need to roll Listen just to hear the shots, and better successes will give you some indication of direction.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean looks around frantically when he hears the shots, and he goes for his rifle.
Listen 53%,[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Old Bud:

Bud is watching the two skinhead guys who are walking towards the diner when he hears the gunshots.
Psychology,See what he thinks the Nazis are up to. Old Bud - Psychology (05%): [dice]0[/dice]
Listen,Old Bud - Listen (45%): [dice]1[/dice]
He turns towards where he heard the shots coming from, looking to see what's going on.
Spot Hidden,Old Bud- Spot Hidden(55%): [dice]2[/dice]
"They came from over there I think," he says to Alex, pointing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
Bud pointed to the east, at the junkyard beyond the garage.

"My rifle is back in my tent," said Alex. "Should I go get it, sir?"
Bud,[b]Bud[/b] could recognize the caliber of gun being fired from the sound of the shots. It was a .357 Magnum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bo gets his Mossberg from the seat next to him, gets out and stands by the car, using it as cover. He scans the area around the junkyard and garage.
TVblog

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Listen,Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice]
Jim is startled by the sound of gunshots. "I'll get back to you as soon as I can Erica. Keep me posted on your progress." Dropping the mic, Jim pulls his pistol.

"It came from over here!" He says to Sean and Bob.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”