IC-Breakfast(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

Listen,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]
Gary's conversation is interrupted by the gunshots. His immediate reaction is to look at the skinheads but it's not them.

He rethinks his plan of putting his rifle in the front seat and takes it out of its case. You should find a safe place Ma'am. I don't know what's going on but gunshots and skinheads are never a good combination."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob is unphased by the gun shot and continues working. "Better stay here guys. I need you alive."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the parking lot-
Jim could tell that the sound of the gunshots had indeed come from the junkyard as Bud had indicated. It was impossible to see anything within the junkyard itself, though a bunch of people and two dogs were gathered nearby, outside the garage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean looks around for any traces of hostiles. If he sees none, he slowly nods. "I agree with Bob. We need to get this bird up and running ASAP."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:02 AM
In the diner-
"Did you hear that?" asked Luke, looking up from his coffee. "Two gunshots, outside."

"Yeah, I heard 'em, man," said Duke. "They came from the direction of that old junkyard."

"Probably someone just shooting a varmint, then. It's stopped now."
OOC,[b]Robert[/b]'s Listen roll (50% skill) in the diner: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Duke[/b]'s Listen roll (35% skill) in the diner: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Rita[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b]'s Listen roll (50% skill) in the diner: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Sally[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]4[/dice] [b]Tony Lathan[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]5[/dice] [b]Cathy Lathan[/b]'s Listen roll (60% skill) in the diner: [dice]6[/dice] [b]Bobby Lathan[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]7[/dice] [b]Scotty Lathan[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]8[/dice] [b]Alice[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]9[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Listen roll (65% skill) in the diner: [dice]10[/dice] [b]Jenny[/b]'s Listen roll (45% skill) in the diner: [dice]11[/dice] [b]Michael[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]12[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s Listen roll (25% base skill) in the diner: [dice]13[/dice]
In the parking lot-
"Oh my God!" cried Stephanie.

"Zis place is not safe," said Dr. Hausmann. "Ve must get in the air quickly."

A cherry red Porsche 911 pulled away from the motel and turned onto the dirt road heading north and south. It sped onto I-80.

Horst and Flip glanced around when the gunshots went off. There had only been two shots, and then silence. "Come on, let's go back inside," said Horst. The two of them went back into the diner.

"I'm not sure anywhere is safe any more," said Kimberly to Gary. "I'm more worried about all those innocent people here. If things go south, they're likely to get hurt. Maybe that State Trooper will be able to do something, but there's only one of him. Think we should go talk to him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I'm not sure anywhere is safe any more," said Kimberly to Gary. "I'm more worried about all those innocent people here. If things go south, they're likely to get hurt. Maybe that State Trooper will be able to do something, but there's only one of him. Think we should go talk to him?"
"Yeah, it might be good to let him know we got his back." Gary says, watching the skinheads going back into the cafe.

He heads over to the trooper with his rifle pointed down, motioning to Kimberly to follow him.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I don't know man. I'm starting to think we might be better off taking the fuel and the scientists and go to a working 'copter in Brownston." Jim says but he holsters his handgun and goes back to work draining fuel. He's going to keep an eye on the crowd at the junkyard in case things start escalating.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean nods. "Might be. If things get rough here we may have to. I'd just rather not risk getting caught up in the rioting and jeopardizing our mission."
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Old Bud:

Bud considers the gunfire, the plume of smoke from the large fire over the horizon, the heavily armed state trooper across the car park and the failing communications.

"Ordinarily, I'd say no - just let that cop handle things."

"But all things considered, yes I think it might be a good idea to get your rifle - just in case."

Bud follows Alex towards his tent, keeping an eye out for trouble.

"Those gunshots were from a three-fifty-seven magnum."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:03 AM
In the diner-
Beth emerged from Hammond's office and passed Robert and Duke. "Hey, guys, I got the job," she said. "Shortest job interview ever. Personally, I think the boss is a creep, but as long as he keeps his hands to himself I can put up with him. Is Rosie around?"

"In the kitchen," said Ashley to Beth, overhearing. "She'll probably be out in a minute." She turned back to the Lathan family. "Need a little more time to decide?"

"No, I know what I want," said Scotty. "Pancakes!"

"Bacon and eggs for me," said Bobby.

"I'll have bacon and eggs too," said Tony.

"I'll have...whatever..." muttered Cathy, her mind wandering.

"She'll have the same."

Horst and Flip went back to their table and sat down. Flip immediately began to shovel waffles into his mouth as if he had never left the table. Horst picked up the salt shaker and started to sprinkle it in his soup, but the top came off, dumping a mound of salt into it. He rose to his feet and roared: "What the f***?! Where's that Indian bitch?"

In the parking lot-
"Ze sooner ve can take off, ze better," said Dr. Hausmann. "Ve cannot afford delays."

Gary and Kimberly approached Bo. Kimberly stood behind Gary and to one side, letting him do the talking.

"You got a good ear, sir," said Alex to Bud. "Yeah, always be prepared." He jogged back toward the motel ahead of Bud, though he was clearly holding back to allow the older man to keep up with him. Father McCormick entered the diner.
OOC,Everyone outside who passed the Listen roll earlier heard [b]Horst[/b]'s outburst. [b]Alex[/b] and [b]Bud[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Wake Up Call
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Hey trooper." Gary calls out as they get closer.

"I don't know what's going on but those skinheads seem to want to start something. I just wanted to let you know that if you need backup, I got your back. If you want me to stay away, I can do that too but if it comes a time to pick sides, I want you to know I'm on your side."

Gary makes sure that his rifle is pointing down and his hand gripping the stock is well away from the trigger.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Did you hear that? One of the skinheads is yelling inside the diner." Jim says to the others. "I don't like working here with no protection. We already heard gunshots and we don't know what the hell is going on."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean curses under his breath, then looks to the group. "Maybe it's time to go, then. And we head off to Brownston."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thanks man! I´m covering the rear from here, in case the shooter comes out here. You´re deputised to deal with the Aryan mess in the diner as you see justified. I´ll join you if there´s no danger out here in ten seconds. Good luck!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Bob connects the last bits to the rotor engine and checks the led-callibrator-s14 for a positive readout. "Check the systems panel, Sean. Let´s see if she purrs!" He adds, "I´d rather leave here on half tank and alive than on a full tank and half-dead!"
TVblog

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean does as instructed, deciding that it was no longer advantageous to remain here.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Cotton »

Stephanie waits with bated breath to see if the helicopter will be back in working order before things heat up in the diner.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:04 AM
In the diner-
"I'll, uh, go put your order in," said Ashley, hurrying into the kitchen. She passed Rosie on her way back out to the dining area.

"Easy, man," said Flip to Horst around a mouthful of waffles. "She'll get hers soon enough. They all will. We just have to be patient a little longer."

"Easy for you to say," mumbled Horst. "You got your food."

Rosie made her way over to Horst's table. "Can I help you, hon?" she asked.
OOC,[b]Horst[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) to notice [b]Lynne[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Flip[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (5% base skill) to calm [b]Horst[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Ashley[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
On the Grill

In the parking lot-
Dr. Hausmann approached the helicopter, motioning to Stephanie to accompany her. "How much longer are ve going to be stuck here?" she asked. Bob could tell that it would still take about another two and half hours to finish repairing the helicopter, and he didn't know if they had that long. Erica Spears's State Police helicopter was due to arrive in Brownson in a little over forty minutes, which was much sooner. They'd drained about one third of the fuel from his helicopter's tank so far, and it would take another twenty minutes to drain the rest of it. There was still the issue of finding a vehicle capable of transporting the fuel to Brownson and making sure the landing area was secure for her, of course. Time seemed to be running out, the way things were going.

"I've got your back too," said Kimberly. "I got a shotgun in my vehicle, and I think it's time I went and got it." She hurried to her car and retrieved it before rejoining Gary.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sean looks around, hoping to find some vehicle capable of transporting the fuel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sean[/b] can see a couple of pickup trucks parked in the lot, but he isn't sure to whom they belong. There is also a big rig parked outside the garage. Please roll Spot Hidden to see what else you notice. Anyone else in the parking lot may roll as well. The base chance is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”