Chapter 10c: Harry

A horrific murder in London’s East End leads to a new assignment for the Seekers of Enlightenment. But there could be something even worse than a crazed killer on the loose…

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Chapter 10c: Harry

Post by HoneyDog »

Harry runs for the entrance door, and flings it open.
OOC,Where is he headed?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Chapter 10c: Harry

Post by Mephistophilis »

Stepping out the front door of the asylum, Harry rushes down the driveway hoping to catch the cabs before they leave. He looks round him nervously, hoping none of the staff see him.
OOC,Ideally Harry would like to find a cab and dispatch a message to Sgt Craig saying that they have followed the trail of the killer to the asylum but his companions have been captured and drugged and to bring help quickly. He will then try and sneak around the asylum to help his companions. If there is no can there he will run down the drive (or sneak if he sees anyone) u til he gets back towards town. Depending on how long it takes him he might try and find Craig himself and maybe try and encourage him to come back to the asylum to help him investigate or he will send a message and head back again to help his friends
Last edited by Mephistophilis on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Sorry you need to retcon - the drive leads from the asylum to the main gate. It's not possible to view outside the main gate from the building. To get to the main gate, Harry will need to go up the drive. From the main gate there is an access road which travels through the woods/marsh to the main road. I know it's a long time ago, but all of this was covered in previous chapters and posts.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Done
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Harry moves up the drive to the main gate. He can hear the crunching of the gravel behind him – someone is in pursuit.

He reaches the gate and looks out – the track beyond is empty.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Gazing forlornly through the gate, Harry tries to open it and then looks behind to see who is pursuing him.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The gate is locked. The footsteps behind Harry gradually slow as the pursuer draws close.

Turning, Harry can see that it is the giant man from the inquest. His chest his heaving from the run, and he wipes his hand on his long black beard. He regards Harry silently.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Looking the big man up and down Harry is not optimistic that he's going to be able to fight his way out. He decides to take a different tack. 'Ello there friend, just the man to help me. I were just headin' to town after 'elping Dr Blessing return that young lady but the gate seems ter be locked. Could you give me a hand?'
Harry Fast Talk 55%,0
OOC:   Ooh, that's a pass with 5!  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Sorry, that's not going to work. He's already seen Harry in the room with the others.
The big man beckons to Harry.

"You come. Don't make me fight you" he says in a thick Germanic accent.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Ah it was worth a try' thinks Harry, 'I don't want to fight you either. But it looks like you're the one wants to imprison me 'gainst my will. Seems to me you're the bad guy and I wonder what makes a man do that?'

Without a plan, Harry decides to try and buy some time, he's also not sure how bright this guy is and thinks a bit of conversation might give him some more information.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The man shrugs.

“You dangerous. Cannot leave. Come with me, or I make you.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I'm dangerous? You're the one threatening me! I saw you at the inquest, you were lookin' for Miss Bayldon, and I've helped bring her back to the asylum. So how exactly am I dangerous?' asks Harry.

He doesn't think he's going to be able to talk his way out of this one. While he speaks Harry looks around the grounds of the asylum trying to see if there is a spot he could run to and hide, or, even better, try and get over the wall.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Harry is away from the main building, and while the grounds are overgrown, they don’t appear to offer much cover. The asylum wall needs repair and looks climbable in places.

The man moves closer, and beckons again.

“You come. No more talk.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Not a particularly smart man, Harry has run out of options. Looking at the hulking giant he doubts he'll be able to dodge past him. Harry's taken a beating or two in the past and he suspects he has another one coming up.

So Harry starts talking, 'Listen mate, I'm afraid...' and charges straight at the man, looking to grab him and trip him to the floor.
OOC,Harry is going to try and knock the man over with a Grapple and, in the unlikely event he succeeds, try and get over the wall. Grapple 75% 0
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The man is wrong-footed by Harry’s sudden move, and attempting to compensate, he loses his footing and goes down moaning in pain, with Harry above him.
OOC,[url=https://orokos.com/roll/870231]Grapple[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]99[/b] That was a bad fumble – he tried to parry but Harry has the upper hand now. Choose your next moves carefully!
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Looking down, Harry considers cracking the man over the head with his cosh. 'Not very sporting Harry' he says to himself and sprints off to a likely stretch of wall and tries to climb up.
Harry Climb 40%,0, there's always a moment where you wish you had out more points into Climb!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Harry tries and fails to scale the wall. Behind him, the man gets painfully to his feet, and begins to limp back towards the main building.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Failing to find a foothold, Harry turns back around to face his pursuer, only to see him limping back towards the main building.

Harry is torn, he wants to try and escape but now the asylum staff know he has managed to get free he is afraid that even if he can get outside the walls they will chase him down with the cab before he gets back to town. He's also worried about what the giant is planning to fetch from inside.

He takes a look at the lock on the main gate, trying to at least have a route of escape if he needs it. Unfortunately it is too big and stiff for his delicate lockpicks. He watches the back of the retreating orderly, 'Looks like we're going to have to do this the hard way.'
Harry Locksmith 61%,0
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The man continues to limp down the drive way, getting closer to the main building.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Gauging the distance to the entrance door, Harry tries to run past the man with a vague plan to shut the door behind him and lock him out.

Return to “Signs Writ in Scarlet”