Page 1 of 1

Chapter 4b: 26th - Alexander, Melody, Harry & Vic

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 am
by HoneyDog
While Melody and Vic move off to scout around the perimeter of the asylum, Alexander rings the bell, and a loud bonging sound travels across the gloomy landscape. After about five minutes of waiting, a figure can be seen to be making its way down the drive to the gate. As it gets closer, it is recognizable as a woman, short but powerfully built, with close-cropped hair. She wears plain grey uniform-like attire.

The woman reaches the gate but makes no attempt to open it. Glaring at the companions in an unfriendly manner, she asks, in heavily-accented English,

“What do you want?”

Re: Chapter 4b: 26th - Alexander, Melody, Harry & Vic

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good day, ma'am," says Alexander, doffing his hat. "I'm Dr. Alexander Campbell. My colleagues and I are making inquiries into the recent murders in the East End, and we'd like to speak to someone in authority, please."

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:47 am
by HoneyDog
The woman looks at the investigators blankly.

“Sorry, cannot help” she finally says.
OOC,You’ll have to roll Fast Talk or a halved Persuade roll, with a good story, to get her to let you in.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll let [b]Harry[/b] try first. He has a much better chance than I do.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:31 am
by Mephistophilis
'Greetings madam, Harry Brown, inquiry agent. I am conducting some inquiries on behalf of the police regarding some recent murders.'
Harry Fast Talk 55%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Ah, fail  

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 am
by Philulhu
”Come along, Melody,” said Vic, taking her companion’s arm. “Let’s take a stroll and see what we can see!”
OOC,I think we’ll walk the perimeter, to see if anything comes to light. If there are any match girls or street hawkers, Vic will want to talk to them.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:41 am
by Raiko
Melody keeps an eye out for danger, or anything helpful, as the pair stroll around the perimeter.
ooc,Spot Hidden(60%): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye," says Alexander. "We attended an inquest where we saw two gentlemen from this institution. Since someone here has an interest in the murders, I was thinking we could work together, share information, and pool our resources to put a stop to them."
OOC,Persuade roll (62% / 2 = 31% skill) to convince the woman: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:32 pm
by HoneyDog
The woman looks confused for a moment, then shakes her head.

”No, can’t help” she says, then turns and retreats back up the driveway.

Meanwhile, Vic and Melody traverse the asylum’s perimeter. It’s not too large but the ground is uneven. The wall stretches solid and undamaged the entire way around, although there is no wire or broken glass impeding entry - it looks like it can be climbed.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:43 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry turns to Alexander, 'Not sure we 'ave enuff to push it any furvver right now.'

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, let's meet up with the ladies," agrees Alexander.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 am
by Philulhu
Vic studied the brickwork as she and Melody walked along the perimeter. She paused at a likely looking spot and glanced around, to see if there were any passers by who might take an interest in her climbing the wall...
OOC,I don’t know if you need a roll to spot anyone passing by, but just in case. Spot Hidden (25%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:06 pm
by HoneyDog
Vic and Melody's route eventually brings them back to the entrance gate. This appears to be the only point of access.
OOC,The location of the asylum was described earlier - it's in marsh and scrubland. There are no streets and no people.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:55 pm
by Philulhu
Vic spotted Harry and Dr Campbell. ”I take it you had no luck?” she asked.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 pm
by Mephistophilis
'No, the charmin' lady was havin' none of it' says Harry. 'You?'

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:13 am
by Philulhu
“I reckon there’s a spot back there where you might climb over the wall,” said Vic, hooking a thumb back in the direction that she and Melody had just walked.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Were I any good at climbing and sneaking about, perhaps," says Alexander, "and were it not broad daylight."

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 am
by Philulhu
“There’s no one about for miles,” replied Vic, looking about. “You could climb up and have a look over the wall, if nothing else?”

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:17 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I'm not really one for the athletics either' says Harry. 'Maybe we could wait 'till we know a bit more before drawing too much attention?'

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Looking through the gate would probably accomplish the same thing as climbing on top of the wall. Let me know if you're ready to move on and I'll shift things to the next day.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm ready.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 am
by HoneyDog
The afternoon shadows are lengthening, lending the location a sinister air. The companions decide to renew their efforts in the morning. They trudge down the track back to the main road, trying to avoid being spooked by their surroundings. Eventually they reach civilisation, and from Hackney Wick station catch a train back to the city.