OOC Discussion/Comments

The date is Sunday, 15th June 1924. The place is Bolton, New Hampshire. Looking after a sick relative, the investigators are about to get to know one of the neighbours a little better than they would like.

Moderator: simonthompson

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC Discussion/Comments

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay - Fighting: 1d100 45 It's a fail.
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by simonthompson »

Honeydog, with the bonus dice you get to roll another d100 and you take the lowest roll as your result. Essentially another attempt to succeed.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Fighting: 1d100 49 Fail!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

From his position in whatever room he's entered, does Harrison know that Corbitt has got free?
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

jp1885 wrote:From his position in whatever room he's entered, does Harrison know that Corbitt has got free?
Working through things in combat order (which we briefly entered) Harrison never actually made it as far as the room. Here's how it played out:

John pushed against the door, forcing Corbitt back. As John entered the hallway Corbitt fell back and gashed his head, with John standing over him. Harrison entered the hall behind John, exchanged words with him and then had the intention of looking for something to restrain Corbitt. Before he could do so however, Corbitt lashed out at John and fled down the hallway and turned right, out of view of the investigators.

Harrison needs to decide if he'll give chase after Corbitt with John, or do something else.

Hopefully that makes sense. Being new to the role of keeper on these boards I should maybe have made it more explicit when we go into combat rounds, or chases, as there's a distinct order to how things proceed and we got a little out of synch. Please let me know if either of you needs a fuller explanation of how combat or chases work. :)
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

It’s all good; that’s what OOC boards are for :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

John SAN 59

SAN: 1d100 100

Ha! John's in a lot of trouble. I can't believe I rolled that. Last time I did my character died.

It was quite a graphic description though! I can't imagine seeing something like that.
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

Hehe, I'm going to have to look back at the Sanity rules now. Although since John (and Harrison's) exposure to the full horror of the Cthulhu world is limited I'm thinking that any effects will be temporary in nature.

I'll post once I've checked things out.
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

Okay chaps, you both fumbled your Sanity rolls so you both take a 6 point Sanity loss. Since this is more than 5 points as the result of one roll, I'll need you both to roll Int checks. Perversely, you want to fail or you'll go temporarily insane...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

INT 80: Know: 1d100 85

John is safe.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

INT 50,[dice]0[/dice]
Hah! Insanity here we come!
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

Where can they go now? I presume that they've left the police station, so they must be somewhere putting this all together.
I took the liberty of cutting to the chase regarding what Harrison and John managed to piece together about the previous night's events, since to play through it on the game thread would have been time consuming (in game time it would have taken the rest of the day to fully dredge their memories), and potentially confusing, for no real gain in the storyline.

Since John and Harrison got a taxi into Bolton from Arkham, my assumption was that they'd return there by the same method to go through it all, but of course if you'd rather they went/did something else then feel free to play it through.

I've edited my last post so that grammatically it reads a little better, and I'll delete your OOC question from the game thread once we move on.:)
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

I'm happy for them both to draw breath at Harrison's place in Arkham as their memories re-establish themselves.
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

There are a number of options regarding research into Corbitt, some of which may well be dead ends, others more productive.

In Bolton there's the Local History Society. It has a small office off Main Street near the town hall. There's also the local newspaper, the 'Bolton Democrat & Chronicle' which has an extensive library of back issues, as does the town library on Stretton Avenue.

The nearest medical school is in out of state in Boston, this should have details of students and graduates from year past.

Finally, there's the State Record Office in Concord, which will hold basic details of the history of Corbitt's business.

Any of these would be a good place to begin.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

I reckon Concord and Boston first - let Corbitt think we’ve slunk off with our tails between our legs.
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

Apologies - Bolton is in MA, so the Records Office is in Boston :)
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

Do you want to head straight to the offices of the Bolton Democrat & Chronicle on Main Street in Bolton? There's a direct train from Boston but you'll only have a couple of hours before the office closes for the day.

Alternatively you can head back to Arkham and go by cab to the newspaper office in Bolton early the following morning.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

John Library Use 50: Library Use: 1d100 11
simonthompson
Keeper
Keeper

Post by simonthompson »

The Corbitt Enterprises warehouse is situated in the docks area of Bolton on the bank of the James River.

It's getting late - remember the investigators have just spent the entire day at the D&C offices in Bolton, then travelled the five miles back to Arkham in a cab.

If you intend to visit the warehouse right away please let me know how you intend to get there - the options are cab, or the late train from Arkham (less convenient and a longer journey time), or some other means of transport of your own devising. I'll then describe subsequent events in the Adventure thread. You'll also need to take into account how you'll get back to Arkham, if that's your intention, and when - cabs could be difficult to get late at night, as will trains.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Maybe it would be prudent to hire a car, as neither of them seem to own one.

Best to return tomorrow during daylight, so they can get a good look at the place.

Return to “Mr Corbitt - 7th Edition”