Page 1 of 1

IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
Day 2
12th March 2189
03:30 Earth Central European Time
Barnard's Rest Colony, Titan

Kiara, Sam, Nicole, and Jojo return to their quarters. On the way they pass an ARM unit standing silently in the corridor outside the Medical Centre.

Once back in the Corporate Suite Jojo notices that neither Virgil nor Isabella seem to have returned yet.
OOC,We've become a bit asynchronous with the other thread so we might need to wait for a little bit.

Re: IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam tries to get some sleep, knowing that she'll need it.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:57 am
by Starspawn338
It's been a long day and Jojo will try to get some rest. He's certain that sleep will not come, but he will rest nonetheless.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:32 pm
by jp1885

Despite recent revelations, Kiara, collapsing onto her bunk, sleeps surprisingly soundly.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:09 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,Sorry everyone, little delay to synchronise threads. Blame Virgil

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:39 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo,As [b]Jojo[/b] sits at his datapad, typing up his notes, he receives a notification that [b]Virgil[/b] is sending a message on the encrypted channel, [i]'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'[/i]

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:55 pm
by Starspawn338
Jojo notices that his datapad is blinking and looks at the message. Frowning slightly, he gets up and heads to the Administrator's office.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo,Making his way to the first floor of the Administrative Building, [b]Jojo[/b] finds it deserted. The offices in the complex are dark but the corridor lights flicker on as he enters. Arriving at [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office he finds the foyer is not locked but the lights are dimmed. The room remains the same as the last time he was here, a large waiting area with chairs and a side table. [b]Kingsley[/b]'s secretary's desk with a free standing computer terminal and the intercom to [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office. And the ever present red fish-eye lens and wall intercom for CENTRAL. The blinds to [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office are drawn and there is no evidence of light inside. [ooc]Roll Listen[/ooc]

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:33 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Listen 35 0
Jojo slowly and quietly moves toward Kingsley's office, looking around as he goes. Something doesn't seem right and it's making him uneasy.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo,[b]Jojo[/b] hears a strange noise, a sort of intermittent clicking sound, three clicks in rapid succession. It seems to be coming from [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sam and Kiara,Each roll Luck

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:37 pm
by jp1885
Luck 60,0
Ouch! Jeez the dice hate me in this game!

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Things just don't go well for Sam.
OOC,Luck roll (63% stat) in the corporate suite: 0

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:28 am
by Starspawn338
Jojo attempts to quietly open the door to Kingsley's office to see what is making that sound.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo,Moving here: [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=7393#p248846[/url]

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am
by Mephistophilis
Sam,Falling into a fitful sleep, [b]Sam[/b] flits in and out of unsettling dreams. The dull orange glow of a planet in the darkness, the light of dawn just playing on the horizon. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg/240px-PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg[/img] There's a low throbbing sound, a slow rhythm, she can feel it before she can hear it. Very gradually it seems to clarify into a whispering voice, no, whispering voices. She can't make out what they're saying, but...somehow...she knows. They're calling to her, she can feel the tugging at her mind, at her will. Go out of the colony, out onto the orange ice-fields, the methane snow, out, immerse herself in the methane sea. The dull orange sun seems to get brighter and brighter, filling her vision, getting sharper, burning, painful, inches from her face, like an eye, a great eye, looking straight at her, through her, inside her. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBQvhLS9/saturnsmoont-1-1-01-resize-86.jpg[/img] [ooc]She hasn't woken yet, I'll post when it's morning, sorry about the delay, I think the threads will be synchronised soon. SAN check for the dream 0/1 sanity loss[/ooc]
Kiara,Falling into a fitful sleep, [b]Kiara[/b] flits in and out of unsettling dreams. The dull orange glow of a planet in the darkness, the light of dawn just playing on the horizon. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg/240px-PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg[/img] There's a low throbbing sound, a slow rhythm, she can feel it before she can hear it. Very gradually it seems to clarify into a whispering voice, no, whispering voices. At first she can't make out what they're saying, but...somehow...she knows. They're calling to her, she can feel the tugging at her mind, at her will. Go out of the colony, out onto the orange ice-fields, the methane snow, out, immerse herself in the methane sea. Slowly she can just make out words, faint, on the very edge of her consciousness, [i]'Come to me. Come...Be one with Ëka-Galä, the Swimmer in the Void...Join us. Come, across the sea...Through the Gate, the Gate of Tawil at’Umr. Prove yourself, prove yourself worthy for once...'[/i] At the end she could swear she heard the voice of her father. The dull orange sun seems to get brighter and brighter, filling her vision, getting sharper, burning, painful, inches from her face, like an eye, a great eye, looking straight at her, through her, in her. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBQvhLS9/saturnsmoont-1-1-01-resize-86.jpg[/img] [ooc]She hasn't woken yet, I'll post when it's morning, sorry about the delay, I think the threads will be synchronised soon. SAN check for the dream 0/1 sanity loss[/ooc]

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:19 pm
by jp1885
SAN 64 pass,0
OOC,No worries :)

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam tosses and turns in her sleep.
OOC,I'm fine with waiting. I'm very busy during the week anyway. Sanity roll (current level 61) for the dream: 0

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 pm
by Mephistophilis
Kiara and Sam painfully force their eyes open, fighting against the blinding light. Blurred vision starts to focus, and it seems like the burning eye from the dream is still staring.

OOC,Each roll 1d100 - I think the dice roller on the site is bust so either use another one (e.g. [url]https://orokos.com/[/url]) or roll at home and post the result here

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam awakens and wishes she hadn't. Did I get drunk last night? she wonders. I don't remember that, but it sure feels like a hangover.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:35 am
by jp1885

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:38 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,I've lost the ability to format within spoiler tags so I'm afraid the below will be pretty plain!
Kiara,Opening her eyes fully, Kiara realises she is looking into the fisheye lens of CENTRAL. 'Good morning Science Officer Khan, I hope you had a peaceful sleep.'
Sam,Opening her eyes fully, Sam realises she is looking into the fisheye lens of CENTRAL. She hears a voice, not the soft synthetic tones of CENTRAL but a cacophonous whispering that rapidly coalesces into a single harsh, grating tone. 'Welcome Engineer Golightly. Your eyes are open at last. Come, come to me. Come to Waystation, to the Gate of Tawil at’Umr. Join me, join us. Join Ëka-Galä, the Swimmer in the Void.' --- It is hard to tell where the voice is coming from, it feels like it is inside her head, inside her mind. It is...compelling. --- OOC - Roll a hard POW check

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam is still exhausted from not having slept well.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:41 am
by jp1885
Keeper,Kiara stretches. Feeling refreshed, she goes about her ablutions. "Good morning CENTRAL, how are you?" she asks, playing it cool. "Anything untoward happen during the night?"

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:08 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sam,That grating voice, like sheets of metal grinding together, it penetrates deep into Sam's consciousness. --- Then it is gone --- And Sam is alone, staring into CENTRAL's lens. What was it she heard? She can't recall, something about going to Waystation? Just a remnant of a dream. Still, that's a damn good idea, it is high time she went to Waystation. It just seems like, well the most important thing she can think about right now. --- Looking at her datapad she sees a blinking light indicating a message. It is from Virgil on the secure channel, sent a few hours ago. 'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'
Kiara,CENTRAL's low computer modulated voice responds, 'I am operating at one hundred percent efficiency, thank you for asking Science Officer Khan. According to the service log the night was uneventful.' --- Looking at her datapad she sees a blinking light indicating a message. It is from Virgil on the secure channel, sent a few hours ago. 'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam gets dressed and heads for the administrator's office. While she wants to go to Waystation, she needs to gather the rest of the team first so they can all go.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm
by jp1885

When ready, Kiara also heads to the administrator’s office. If she bumps into Sam, she’ll tell her about the message.

“I hope he hasn’t been stuck in there all night!”

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:39 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I got the same message from Virgil," says Sam. "Once we get him out, we need to gather everyone, gear up, and had out to Waystation. The answers we seek must be there."

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:32 pm
by Mephistophilis
Kiara and Sam run into each other in the common area of their suite. Neither Marshal Favre, nor the pilot Li, seem to be up yet.
OOC,You guys heading straight to Kingsley's office? Or waking up Nicole or Li, or trying the other suite where Virgil, Jojo, Moses, and Isabella are staying?

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Let's see if any of the others are still in this suite first and wake them up if they are.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:35 pm
by jp1885
OOC,Aye, sounds good.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:32 pm
by Mephistophilis
Nicole quickly answers her door when Sam and Kiara knock. All the lights are turned on full and it spills out into the more subdued illumination of the common areas. She looks on edge, her eyes bloodshot. A hand is resting on her pistol, holding the grip tightly. 'Well I hope you all slept better than me' she whispers hoarsely.

While they're talking to Nicole, Ling Li emerges from her room and starts fixing herself some breakfast in the kitchen area. 'So, are you all done, can we go back to Ganymede?' she asks in her emotionless monotone.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're not done here yet," says Sam. "The answers we seek are at Waystation, I'm sure of it. First we have to gather everyone from the other suite, and we have to retrieve Virgil from the administrator's office. Somehow he got locked inside."

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:08 am
by jp1885

“Sounds like a plan Sam,” agrees Kiara.

“Bad night Nicole? I had some weird dream; something glowing and staring at me, telling me to go swim in the void and stuff. It all chimed in with the strange stuff that’s going on here.”

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"I had a freaky dream like that last night too," says Sam. "Woke up with a headache."

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I do not think I slept a, how do you say, a wink' says Nicole. Li shrugs, 'Slept fine, let me know when we can leave' and she returns to her room.

-----

They knock at the adjoining suite and Moses eventually answers the door, holding a mug of steaming coffee. 'Early start today? I think Dr Johnson and Mr Steinmann have already gone out. Which is more than I can say for some people...' He nods back inside and is greeted by a loud groaning sound. 'Isabella had a late night it seems.'

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Mr. Steinmann never came back," says Sam, showing him her datapad. "We're on our way to go fetch him, and then to Waystation to get to the bottom of this. I feel a little like Isabella does, but at least she got to have fun last night."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 am
by Mephistophilis
'Well I'm ready to join you, perhaps Isabella can catch us up?' says Moses.
OOC,You guys ready to head off to find Virgil with Moses and Nicole in tow?

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:14 am
by jp1885
OOC,Yep!

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:44 pm
by Mephistophilis
Just as they are leaving the suite, everyone's datapad alarms at once. Opening up they read the following message from Virgil:

'Wake up and get to Administrator Kingsley office ASAP. This is an emergency, bring weapons and a first aid kit. Do not alert security.'

Isabella staggers out of her room half dressed, pulling on some trousers, 'Wait for me!'

Li comes out of her suite, 'What's going on?'

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We're on our way to the Administrator's office," says Sam. "Check your datapad. Anyone got a spare weapon? If not, I can always use the wrench from my toolkit."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:51 pm
by jp1885

“I, uh, don’t have any weapons,” says Kiara. “If I had time, and a decent lab, I could probably concoct something I suppose. I guess I’ll just find a knife, chair leg or something.”

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Nicole draws her pistol, 'I have this and there may be something in the security office. But firearms are heavily restricted in the colonies. What do you think is happening? Where is the doctor?' Moses mutters something about incinerators and cutting torches in engineering.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I don't know, but we can't go to the security office," says Sam. "All I know about the situation is what's on the datapads."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Isabella huffs and rapidly types something into her datapad. 'I'm asking him what's going on.'

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I'm staying here until he gets back to me' says Isabella, crossing her arms in frustration. 'Me too' agrees Li.

'Well I am going straight there, someone might be in trouble,' Nicole shouts over her shoulder as she rushes out into the corridor. Moses follows her, 'I'll join you as soon as I pick up an incinerator from engineering. They should have an emergency kit too. I've got a bad feeling about this.'
OOC,Who's going where first?

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:10 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'll go with you," Sam says to Moses, tagging along with him.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 pm
by jp1885

“Me too,” says Kiara, scurrying after them.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am
by Mephistophilis
When Moses, Sam, and Kiara arrive in the Engineering Facility it is almost deserted. Moses grabs one of the two incinerator units and asks for a medical kit from the sole night worker who asks, 'What's going on?'

'Oh, you know, contamination drills, usual crap' replies Moses, shiftily. He points out the cutting torches to Sam and Kiara.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:46 am
by jp1885

Kiara grabs one gingerly, not entirely sure how to operate the thing.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:04 pm
by Mr. Handy

Sam takes the other cutting torch, very familiar with the equipment, and she straps on the second incinerator. She briefly instructs Kiara in the torch's use. "Let's get going," she says.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sam, Kiara, and Moses hurry to the Administrative Complex. The administrative offices are not yet open but at one end of the corridor they can see a door propped open with some kind of ornament while the lights are on in Kingsley's office at the other end of the corridor. The outer door of Kingsley's office is open and there appear to be people inside the foyer where his secretary usually sits.
OOC,If you need to use them the incinerator has a 10yd range - skill is Flamethrower with base chance 20% increasing to 30% if you have another Firearms skill above 50%. One shot per round, two reloads (i.e. 3 total). Cutting torch is touch range, Fighting - Brawl is the skill

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

Sam tries to overhear what the people in the foyer are saying, but without much success.

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:21 pm
by Mephistophilis
Approaching Kingsley's office, Sam and Kiara can see Virgil standing behind Nicole who has her gun drawn. They can't hear what they're saying but Nicole is aiming at the inner door which swings open.

OOC:   Moving here