IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

By the waning years of the 22nd century, humanity has expanded beyond Earth, establishing colonies on Mars, Ceres, and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn; the latter of these being largely penal or mining colonies, taking advantage of the isolation and mineral wealth of these moons. One such colony, known as Benedict’s Rest, was established on the shores of the north polar sea of Ligeia Mare on the moon Titan, in the year 2169. Originally a penal colony that used convict labor to harvest liquid methane, Benedict’s Rest was bought out by a German energy conglomerate, Richter Dynamics, and expanded; now, in 2189, contract, or “free” miners outnumber convicts 5 to 1—158 free miners to 31 convicts.

The colony’s productivity, formerly the highest of any Richter colony site, has dropped 19% in the last month with no reasonable explanation provided. In the same period, the colony medic, Dr. Henry Holzer, has died; the administration has been vague regarding cause, though it has been intimated that he committed suicide. Over the objections of colony administrator James Kingsley, Richter Dynamics has sent a team of corporate troubleshooters to investigate these two issues and make recommendations to revive productivity.

Moderator: Mephistophilis

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

Post by jp1885 »

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,I've lost the ability to format within spoiler tags so I'm afraid the below will be pretty plain!
Kiara,Opening her eyes fully, Kiara realises she is looking into the fisheye lens of CENTRAL. 'Good morning Science Officer Khan, I hope you had a peaceful sleep.'
Sam,Opening her eyes fully, Sam realises she is looking into the fisheye lens of CENTRAL. She hears a voice, not the soft synthetic tones of CENTRAL but a cacophonous whispering that rapidly coalesces into a single harsh, grating tone. 'Welcome Engineer Golightly. Your eyes are open at last. Come, come to me. Come to Waystation, to the Gate of Tawil at’Umr. Join me, join us. Join Ëka-Galä, the Swimmer in the Void.' --- It is hard to tell where the voice is coming from, it feels like it is inside her head, inside her mind. It is...compelling. --- OOC - Roll a hard POW check
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam is still exhausted from not having slept well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Keeper,Kiara stretches. Feeling refreshed, she goes about her ablutions. "Good morning CENTRAL, how are you?" she asks, playing it cool. "Anything untoward happen during the night?"
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sam,That grating voice, like sheets of metal grinding together, it penetrates deep into Sam's consciousness. --- Then it is gone --- And Sam is alone, staring into CENTRAL's lens. What was it she heard? She can't recall, something about going to Waystation? Just a remnant of a dream. Still, that's a damn good idea, it is high time she went to Waystation. It just seems like, well the most important thing she can think about right now. --- Looking at her datapad she sees a blinking light indicating a message. It is from Virgil on the secure channel, sent a few hours ago. 'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'
Kiara,CENTRAL's low computer modulated voice responds, 'I am operating at one hundred percent efficiency, thank you for asking Science Officer Khan. According to the service log the night was uneventful.' --- Looking at her datapad she sees a blinking light indicating a message. It is from Virgil on the secure channel, sent a few hours ago. 'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam gets dressed and heads for the administrator's office. While she wants to go to Waystation, she needs to gather the rest of the team first so they can all go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

When ready, Kiara also heads to the administrator’s office. If she bumps into Sam, she’ll tell her about the message.

“I hope he hasn’t been stuck in there all night!”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I got the same message from Virgil," says Sam. "Once we get him out, we need to gather everyone, gear up, and had out to Waystation. The answers we seek must be there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kiara and Sam run into each other in the common area of their suite. Neither Marshal Favre, nor the pilot Li, seem to be up yet.
OOC,You guys heading straight to Kingsley's office? Or waking up Nicole or Li, or trying the other suite where Virgil, Jojo, Moses, and Isabella are staying?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC, Let's see if any of the others are still in this suite first and wake them up if they are.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Aye, sounds good.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Nicole quickly answers her door when Sam and Kiara knock. All the lights are turned on full and it spills out into the more subdued illumination of the common areas. She looks on edge, her eyes bloodshot. A hand is resting on her pistol, holding the grip tightly. 'Well I hope you all slept better than me' she whispers hoarsely.

While they're talking to Nicole, Ling Li emerges from her room and starts fixing herself some breakfast in the kitchen area. 'So, are you all done, can we go back to Ganymede?' she asks in her emotionless monotone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not done here yet," says Sam. "The answers we seek are at Waystation, I'm sure of it. First we have to gather everyone from the other suite, and we have to retrieve Virgil from the administrator's office. Somehow he got locked inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“Sounds like a plan Sam,” agrees Kiara.

“Bad night Nicole? I had some weird dream; something glowing and staring at me, telling me to go swim in the void and stuff. It all chimed in with the strange stuff that’s going on here.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I had a freaky dream like that last night too," says Sam. "Woke up with a headache."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I do not think I slept a, how do you say, a wink' says Nicole. Li shrugs, 'Slept fine, let me know when we can leave' and she returns to her room.

-----

They knock at the adjoining suite and Moses eventually answers the door, holding a mug of steaming coffee. 'Early start today? I think Dr Johnson and Mr Steinmann have already gone out. Which is more than I can say for some people...' He nods back inside and is greeted by a loud groaning sound. 'Isabella had a late night it seems.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mr. Steinmann never came back," says Sam, showing him her datapad. "We're on our way to go fetch him, and then to Waystation to get to the bottom of this. I feel a little like Isabella does, but at least she got to have fun last night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Well I'm ready to join you, perhaps Isabella can catch us up?' says Moses.
OOC,You guys ready to head off to find Virgil with Moses and Nicole in tow?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Yep!
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Just as they are leaving the suite, everyone's datapad alarms at once. Opening up they read the following message from Virgil:

'Wake up and get to Administrator Kingsley office ASAP. This is an emergency, bring weapons and a first aid kit. Do not alert security.'

Isabella staggers out of her room half dressed, pulling on some trousers, 'Wait for me!'

Li comes out of her suite, 'What's going on?'

Return to “The Titan Incident”