IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

By the waning years of the 22nd century, humanity has expanded beyond Earth, establishing colonies on Mars, Ceres, and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn; the latter of these being largely penal or mining colonies, taking advantage of the isolation and mineral wealth of these moons. One such colony, known as Benedict’s Rest, was established on the shores of the north polar sea of Ligeia Mare on the moon Titan, in the year 2169. Originally a penal colony that used convict labor to harvest liquid methane, Benedict’s Rest was bought out by a German energy conglomerate, Richter Dynamics, and expanded; now, in 2189, contract, or “free” miners outnumber convicts 5 to 1—158 free miners to 31 convicts.

The colony’s productivity, formerly the highest of any Richter colony site, has dropped 19% in the last month with no reasonable explanation provided. In the same period, the colony medic, Dr. Henry Holzer, has died; the administration has been vague regarding cause, though it has been intimated that he committed suicide. Over the objections of colony administrator James Kingsley, Richter Dynamics has sent a team of corporate troubleshooters to investigate these two issues and make recommendations to revive productivity.

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

Post by Mephistophilis »

Day 2
12th March 2189
03:30 Earth Central European Time
Barnard's Rest Colony, Titan

Kiara, Sam, Nicole, and Jojo return to their quarters. On the way they pass an ARM unit standing silently in the corridor outside the Medical Centre.

Once back in the Corporate Suite Jojo notices that neither Virgil nor Isabella seem to have returned yet.
OOC,We've become a bit asynchronous with the other thread so we might need to wait for a little bit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - 13 - Corporate Suite - Everyone except Virgil

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam tries to get some sleep, knowing that she'll need it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

It's been a long day and Jojo will try to get some rest. He's certain that sleep will not come, but he will rest nonetheless.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Despite recent revelations, Kiara, collapsing onto her bunk, sleeps surprisingly soundly.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Sorry everyone, little delay to synchronise threads. Blame Virgil
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jojo,As [b]Jojo[/b] sits at his datapad, typing up his notes, he receives a notification that [b]Virgil[/b] is sending a message on the encrypted channel, [i]'Can you get to the administrator’s office. I’m locked inside. Thanks, V.'[/i]
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jojo notices that his datapad is blinking and looks at the message. Frowning slightly, he gets up and heads to the Administrator's office.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jojo,Making his way to the first floor of the Administrative Building, [b]Jojo[/b] finds it deserted. The offices in the complex are dark but the corridor lights flicker on as he enters. Arriving at [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office he finds the foyer is not locked but the lights are dimmed. The room remains the same as the last time he was here, a large waiting area with chairs and a side table. [b]Kingsley[/b]'s secretary's desk with a free standing computer terminal and the intercom to [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office. And the ever present red fish-eye lens and wall intercom for CENTRAL. The blinds to [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office are drawn and there is no evidence of light inside. [ooc]Roll Listen[/ooc]
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Listen 35 0
Jojo slowly and quietly moves toward Kingsley's office, looking around as he goes. Something doesn't seem right and it's making him uneasy.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jojo,[b]Jojo[/b] hears a strange noise, a sort of intermittent clicking sound, three clicks in rapid succession. It seems to be coming from [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sam and Kiara,Each roll Luck
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Luck 60,0
Ouch! Jeez the dice hate me in this game!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Things just don't go well for Sam.
OOC,Luck roll (63% stat) in the corporate suite: 0
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jojo attempts to quietly open the door to Kingsley's office to see what is making that sound.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jojo,Moving here: [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=7393#p248846[/url]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sam,Falling into a fitful sleep, [b]Sam[/b] flits in and out of unsettling dreams. The dull orange glow of a planet in the darkness, the light of dawn just playing on the horizon. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg/240px-PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg[/img] There's a low throbbing sound, a slow rhythm, she can feel it before she can hear it. Very gradually it seems to clarify into a whispering voice, no, whispering voices. She can't make out what they're saying, but...somehow...she knows. They're calling to her, she can feel the tugging at her mind, at her will. Go out of the colony, out onto the orange ice-fields, the methane snow, out, immerse herself in the methane sea. The dull orange sun seems to get brighter and brighter, filling her vision, getting sharper, burning, painful, inches from her face, like an eye, a great eye, looking straight at her, through her, inside her. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBQvhLS9/saturnsmoont-1-1-01-resize-86.jpg[/img] [ooc]She hasn't woken yet, I'll post when it's morning, sorry about the delay, I think the threads will be synchronised soon. SAN check for the dream 0/1 sanity loss[/ooc]
Kiara,Falling into a fitful sleep, [b]Kiara[/b] flits in and out of unsettling dreams. The dull orange glow of a planet in the darkness, the light of dawn just playing on the horizon. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg/240px-PIA12481_Titan_specular_reflection.jpg[/img] There's a low throbbing sound, a slow rhythm, she can feel it before she can hear it. Very gradually it seems to clarify into a whispering voice, no, whispering voices. At first she can't make out what they're saying, but...somehow...she knows. They're calling to her, she can feel the tugging at her mind, at her will. Go out of the colony, out onto the orange ice-fields, the methane snow, out, immerse herself in the methane sea. Slowly she can just make out words, faint, on the very edge of her consciousness, [i]'Come to me. Come...Be one with Ëka-Galä, the Swimmer in the Void...Join us. Come, across the sea...Through the Gate, the Gate of Tawil at’Umr. Prove yourself, prove yourself worthy for once...'[/i] At the end she could swear she heard the voice of her father. The dull orange sun seems to get brighter and brighter, filling her vision, getting sharper, burning, painful, inches from her face, like an eye, a great eye, looking straight at her, through her, in her. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBQvhLS9/saturnsmoont-1-1-01-resize-86.jpg[/img] [ooc]She hasn't woken yet, I'll post when it's morning, sorry about the delay, I think the threads will be synchronised soon. SAN check for the dream 0/1 sanity loss[/ooc]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

SAN 64 pass,0
OOC,No worries :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam tosses and turns in her sleep.
OOC,I'm fine with waiting. I'm very busy during the week anyway. Sanity roll (current level 61) for the dream: 0
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kiara and Sam painfully force their eyes open, fighting against the blinding light. Blurred vision starts to focus, and it seems like the burning eye from the dream is still staring.

OOC,Each roll 1d100 - I think the dice roller on the site is bust so either use another one (e.g. [url]https://orokos.com/[/url]) or roll at home and post the result here
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam awakens and wishes she hadn't. Did I get drunk last night? she wonders. I don't remember that, but it sure feels like a hangover.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Titan Incident”