IC - 5 - Finding Montrose - All except Jojo

By the waning years of the 22nd century, humanity has expanded beyond Earth, establishing colonies on Mars, Ceres, and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn; the latter of these being largely penal or mining colonies, taking advantage of the isolation and mineral wealth of these moons. One such colony, known as Benedict’s Rest, was established on the shores of the north polar sea of Ligeia Mare on the moon Titan, in the year 2169. Originally a penal colony that used convict labor to harvest liquid methane, Benedict’s Rest was bought out by a German energy conglomerate, Richter Dynamics, and expanded; now, in 2189, contract, or “free” miners outnumber convicts 5 to 1—158 free miners to 31 convicts.

The colony’s productivity, formerly the highest of any Richter colony site, has dropped 19% in the last month with no reasonable explanation provided. In the same period, the colony medic, Dr. Henry Holzer, has died; the administration has been vague regarding cause, though it has been intimated that he committed suicide. Over the objections of colony administrator James Kingsley, Richter Dynamics has sent a team of corporate troubleshooters to investigate these two issues and make recommendations to revive productivity.

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC - 5 - Finding Montrose - All except Jojo

Post by Mephistophilis »

Nicole,Roll Luck
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Luck - Passed,Nicole - Luck(40%): [dice]0[/dice] Wow, I actually passed a luck roll! I always find making luck rolls a bit ironic. :lol:
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Colonial Marshal security override request accepted Marshal Favre. Sergeant Montrose has communicated remotely with The Claim Jumper bar on five occasions since entering his room and with Administrator Kingsley on three occasions.' answers CENTRAL.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jojo goes up to the door.

"Sergeant Montrose? Doctor Johnson here. Is there anything I can do to help you? Some people are concerned about you out here and we want to make sure that you have the opportunity to let us know how we can help."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Feeling somewhat redundant, Kiara hands the sedatives back to Jojo and opts to find out what’s keeping Tyson.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

The gruff sound of David Montrose crackles over the intercom. 'Doctor? There's nothing you can do. It's too late for me, I'm dead already. I just need something to stop the voices.'
Kiara,You heading over to the admin complex looking for Tyson?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Keeper,Yep.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kiara,[b]Kiara[/b] heads over to the top floor of the administrative complex. It is around 7pm and most of the staff have gone to their quarters. She looks down the main corridor, the offices to each side are mostly dark, but one or two look like they might be occupied. At the far end is the larger waiting area outside [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office where his secretary [b]Stacy[/b] has her desk. The lights in the foyer are off but there seems to be another source of illumination there, perhaps [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office itself. In the half light she thinks she might just be able to make out a figure standing in the dark reception area.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

'Doctor? There's nothing you can do. It's too late for me, I'm dead already. I just need something to stop the voices.'
"Well, I've always said that patients shouldn't do their own diagnoses." Jojo replies to the distressed man. "It really makes my job harder when you think you know more than me. However if you want to stop the voices, I can help you with that. I've got some pills that will do just that." Jojo continues. "And they're fast acting."

Jojo will take out the medicine cup with the sedatives he portioned out earlier as he talks to Sergeant Montrose. "I've got them with me. If you open the door, I can give them to you. Or I can put them in a medicine cup and leave them outside the door if you'd feel more comfortable with that."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam nods, already thinking along the same lines.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Keeper,Keeping quiet, [b]Kiara[/b] squints in the half-light, trying to make out the figure. Spot hidden 37 [dice]0[/dice] Unable to see properly, she whispers: [color=#800000]“Officer [b]Tyson[/b]?”[/color]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Montrose shouts through the intercom, 'I don't want your pills, I want my whiskey. Where is it?'
Jojo,Roll Persuade to get him to open the door, with advantage/bonus die as he might like some sleepers
Kiara,The figure doesn't turn or otherwise respond to what you say and moves further into the dark foyer.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Keeper,Puzzled, [b]Kiara[/b] follows after the figure.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Nicole leans close to Jojo and says quietly, "Doctor if you get him to take them then that isgood. We were thinking of putting the sedatives in the whiskey, but officer Tyson is taking too long.

"Just be careful getting near the door, David has a shotgun."

ooc,[ooc]Apologies everyone, I'm having a little trouble posting daily at moment.[/ooc]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kiara,The figure moves deeper into the foyer and opens the door to [b]Kingsley[/b]'s office. Light spills out, illuminating the foyer and outlining the figure of [b]Virgil[/b] standing in the doorway. Muttered words are exchanged and then someone else walks out of the office. The door is closed behind him. Roll Listen and get a hard success to hear what was said before the door closed. The second figure strides towards [b]Kiara[/b] and almost bumps into her. He stares at her with his eyes wide, it is [b]Officer Tyson[/b], he thrusts a bottle of whiskey into her hands saying [color=#0000FF]'[b]Kingsley[/b]'s finest.'[/color] He turns and rushes off in another direction, [color=#0000FF]'Things to do, good luck with [b]Montrose[/b]'.[/color]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Listen 20,[dice]0[/dice]
Unable to hear what’s been said, Kiara takes the whiskey and, somewhat bemused, returns to the others.
OOC:   I just took it out the spoiler tags so everyone can see the whiskey has arrived. Meph  
Last edited by jp1885 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Can I try a Fast Talk 50 instead of Persuade 10? [dice]0[/dice] Bonus Tens Die [dice]1[/dice]
"I'm sorry, you said you wanted to stop the voices in your head, not get drunk. Besides, I don't keep whiskey in the med clinic but it's coming." Jojo replies. "I'll leave the pills outside the door. If you must wait until the whiskey shows up, only take half of the pills because the whiskey will accentuate the effect."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam keeps the gun out of sight, in case Montrose opens the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Tyson’s given me the whiskey,” says Kiara. “He came out of Kingsley’s office and was acting kinda weird himself.”
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

ooc,[ooc]Nicole is waiting to hear how David reacts to Jojo's last post, before offering to take the whiskey in. I'll make sure I keep a close eye on this thread over the weekend, and will try to post immediately (my busy spell was work related)[/ooc]

Return to “The Titan Incident”