Page 1 of 1

IC - 17 - AI Core - Everyone Except Virgil

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:30 pm
by Mephistophilis
Day 2
12th March 2189
09:45 Earth Central European Time
Barnard's Rest Colony, Titan

Isabella reluctantly accompanies Jojo, Kiara, and Sam back to the maintenance sector. They again find themselves approaching the anonymous door they have previously identified as leading to the AI Core.

This time there is a security officer standing guard outside, she seems to be armed with a shotgun.

The security officer looks rather pale, with waxy skin. She seems somewhat hunched in her posture, and there's an unfocused look in her eyes

Re: IC - 17 - AI Core - Everyone Except Virgil

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 pm
by Mr. Handy

"There's something wrong with her," whispers Sam to the others. "She looks pale, her skin is waxy, she's hunched over, and her eyes are unfocused. I think she needs medical attention."

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) approaching the AI Core:
d%

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:59 pm
by jp1885

[98] = 98
Spot hidden 37 d%: [ 98 ] = 98

Kiara is too busy trying to figure out the best way to reboot CENTRAL, so she only gives the guard a cursory glance. Therefore she she completely misreads her.

“Hey, calm down. We’re here for, um maintenance.”

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
I think that's a fumble so to Kiara the guard looks pretty jumpy and on edge.

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:41 pm
by jp1885
Post above modified :)

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:00 am
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 50
1d100

Jojo is focused on getting into the AI core and doesn't notice the guard until the others speak up. He looks at the guard.

"Do you need medical assistance?"

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
The woman is dressed as a colonial security officer and she carries a riot shotgun with a shock baton on her belt.

In response to Jojo's question she shoulders her shotgun and in a hoarse voice says 'Back away please. This is a secure area.'

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe we should get Nicole," suggests Sam, stepping back.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 pm
by jp1885

“Hey, we’re here to do some maintenance, that’s all,” Kiara reiterates, as soothingly as possible.

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:47 pm
by Starspawn338

"I realize that." Jojo snaps back. "I'm the station doctor and I'm not having a good day. I need to get in there and I don't have time to argue. Now step aside."

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:46 am
by Mephistophilis
The security officer seems unswayed by argument. She continues to stand in front of the door with her shotgun raised, staring into the middle distance.

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:46 am
by jp1885

Exasperated, Kiara actually stamps her foot.

“We are here on the orders of Corporate HQ. We have full access and full authority. Step aside and let us in now!”

She pauses for a second.

“I hate to say ‘do you know who I am?’, but do you know who I am?”

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:41 pm
by Starspawn338

"If I were operating at optimal capacity, I would just go in. However, in my current condition, I estimate that my chances of prevailing in this argument are extremely diminished." Jojo mutters as he does some calculations in his head.

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
The security officer clearly either doesn't know who Kiara is or she doesn't care. She continues to hold up her shotgun and shift her aim between the various members of the party in an oddly stiff and mechanical fashion.

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:08 pm
by jp1885

Kiara slowly begins to reach for her makeshift weapon.

“I don’t think she’s quite herself…” she whispers to the others.

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We should get Nicole," says Sam. "One way or another, we're going to need her help."

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:25 pm
by jp1885

"I'll get her," Kiara volunteers. "Make sure I'm not followed," she continues, nodding towards the guard.

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:37 pm
by Mephistophilis
Kiara walks back towards the Medical Bay.

Go here

In the absence of any further attempts to access the AI Core, the security officer lowers her weapon and returns to her blank faced and hunched vigil outside the door.

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam keeps watch on the security officer while she waits for Kiara to return with Nicole.

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:38 am
by Starspawn338

Jojo leans against the wall and contemplates what to do next.

"You think we can make a jammer so CENTRAL can't signal people wirelessly?" He says quietly to Sam.

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam nods and goes through her collection of parts and tools to see if she can jury-rig something.

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Are you trying to make something to wirelessly interfere with CENTRAL's sensors and ability to access the wider colony network? If so roll Electrical Repair - degree of success (regular/hard/extreme) will dictate how well it works

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

Sam does a speedy and excellent job of rigging up a jammer.

Electrical Repair roll (50% skill) to make a jamming device:
d%

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:50 pm
by Mephistophilis
Down the corridor, another figure in the shortsleeved uniform coveralls of the colonial security division appears.

His sandy-haired profile is familiar, it's Officer Tyson. He doesn't look so fresh faced as when they first met him, and he shambles along like he's been injured.

Tyson isn't clearly holding a weapon but on his hip he has a pistol, it looks like the same kind as Nicole was carrying

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"You need medical help too," says Sam. "What happened?"

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) about Officer Tyson:
d%

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:05 am
by Mephistophilis
Tyson doesn't respond to Sam as he walks towards them. He has the same unfocused look as the woman on the door.

Were you planning to use your jammer out here in the corridor or inside the AI Core?

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
I think I'd better use it here, since I think CENTRAL is controlling them. I succeeded well enough that it should have enough range.

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am
by jp1885

As the stand-off continues, Kiara returns with the others.

“I’ve got reinforcem- oh, it’s Tyson…”

She turns to her Isabella and co.

“Careful, he’s been… influenced…”

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:44 pm
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 50
1d100

"Are you hear to assist me in getting inside?" Jojo says to Officer Tyson.

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:36 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sam activates her jammer. Nothing seems to happen, at least not immediately. Isabella looks over her shoulder, 'What's that do?' she whispers.

Tyson walks past everyone and turns to stand beside the female security officer. 'Back away please. This is a secure area' he says, and places his hand on the pistol at his waist.

Moses nudges Nicole, 'Since when did security carry handguns?'

Stepping forward to stand in front of Tyson, Nicole says 'What are you doing? Is that my gun? I demand you let us in on the authority of the Colonial Marshal Service.'

Tyson doesn't say anything further but draws his gun.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's a jammer," Sam whispers back to Isabella. She hefts her cutting torch, ready to strike Tyson with it if he takes further hostile action. She doesn't want to use the flamethrower for fear of catching Nicole in the line of fire.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:27 am
by jp1885

Shrinking back against the nearest wall, Kiara quietly takes out her ubiquitous datapad. As unobtrusively as possible she tries to identify the signal that seemingly controls Tyson and the guard.

If she succeeds, she will try to figure out a way to block it.

Computer use 65 I guess?
[64] = 64
d%: [ 64 ] = 64
Oof, by a gnat’s!

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:31 pm
by Starspawn338

"We don't have time for this. Jojo says to Officer Tyson and moves a couple steps towards the door.

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 pm
by Mephistophilis
Usually Kiara can detect most transmitted signals with the modifications to her datapad and its enhanced communications array, but she's not detecting anything, no microwave bursts, no radiowaves, no narrow pulsed laser signals, nothing. Maybe they're not being controlled, or at least not directly.

Jojo steps up to stand beside Nicole. Tyson aims his handgun at Jojo and the female officer at Nicole, ''Back away please. This is a secure area' they chant in unison.

Both Tyson and the female security officer are glassy eyed, speaking almost robotically, and they hold their weapons tightly in their hands while swaying a little from side to side, the barrels swinging quite widely at times.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"They're like robots," whispers Sam. "They're being controlled. They move and speak in unison."

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:28 am
by Starspawn338

Jojo looks away from Officer Tyson and back to Sam and Kiara.

"We don't have time for this." He repeats.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:31 am
by jp1885

“You’re right…”

Realising that the only option is the old-fashioned way, Kiara sighs and lights her cutting torch.

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam ignites her own torch. Two pairs can play the acting in stereo game.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:41 pm
by Mephistophilis
The moment Sam and Kiara light their cutting torches there is a deafening bang as the security officer discharges her shotgun into Nicole's chest. Nicole is blown backwards with a look of shock and outrage. She collapses to one knee but, surprisingly, doesn't seem badly hurt. She coughs hoarsely, 'Riot round. But my gun's live...'

This is followed by Tyson discharging his handgun towards Jojo, whether he was disorientated by the shotgun blast or for some other reason, he shoots wide, despite the close range, and with the recoil of the handgun he drops it on the ground in front of him.

We'll move into combat rounds - they've acted - Cutting Torch is a Fighting (Brawl) with 1d8 burn damage

Shotgun 60% + advantage: 1d100+1d10 40, Riot Round Damage: 1d6 2, No damage received due to 2x armour (of 1) due to riot round.CON 50% check: 1d100 46, pass so not stunned. Handgun 30%: 1d100 96 - penalty for gun fired next to him, bonus for short range - fumble

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 pm
by jp1885

[85] = 85
Brawl 25 d%: [ 85 ] = 85
Fail

Not the greatest fighter at the best of times, Kiara is also startled by the loud gunfire and thus swings her torch wildly through the empty air.

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Seeing that Jojo is heavily damaged and is in the most danger, Sam swings her torch at Sergeant Tyson. He avoids the flames, but at least she has his attention now and can parry any counterattack.

Fighting(Brawl) roll (50% skill) attacking Tyson with the cutting torch:
d%

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:51 pm
by Starspawn338

Jojo will move quickly to pick up the gun that Tyson dropped and then will back up a couple steps while leveling it at the security men.

"What is wrong with you?" He shouts at the security officers as he levels the gun at them and squeezes off a shot.

Handgun 20
1d100

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:21 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo scoops the handgun from the floor and levels it at Tyson, less than a metre from him, before Tyson can react he pulls the trigger. The round blasts Tyson in the face. The sound it makes is a sickening splat, as chunks of flesh and a spray of blood spatter Jojo. Tyson's body crumples to the floor and blood pools around him. From behind him Jojo can hear Moses shout 'What the...?' while Isabella screams.

Nicole picks herself off the floor, 'Nice shot Doctor.' She moves towards the remaining security officer who racks her shotgun and aims it back at her, 'I am Ëka-Galä, I am H'rada-Theka Pannakar, I am the Swimmer in the Void...' and she opens fire. The blast hits Nicole full in the chest again and she lets out a gasp and collapses to the floor. She doesn't get up.

Shotgun 60% + advantage: 1d100+1d10 59. No point rolling Nicole's dive for cover as the bonus die didn't contribute. Riot Round Damage: 1d6 2 so again fails to take damage as double armour of 1 due to riot round. CON 50% check: 1d100 54 so stunned for Stunned for 1d3 rounds: 1d3 1

Here's what happened with your shot - Tyson fails his dive for cover - Dive for cover - Dodge 40%: 1d100 26 As you're at close range you get a bonus die - I rolled it for you - Bonus die for close range: 1d10 10 - so that's a 0 and that makes your 41 a 01. An impale. That's 14 damage plus Handgun damage - impale extra damage: 1d10+4 5 = 19 damage minus 2 (double armour due to low penetration rounds).

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

Sam turns her cutting torch on the security officer, driving the flame through her.

Fighting(Brawl) roll (50% skill) attacking the security officer with the cutting torch:
d%
Damage to security officer from cutting torch:
1d8+1d4
If that's not enough to down her, would an extreme success do more damage with this weapon? I could spend 4 Luck...

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:11 pm
by Mephistophilis

The focused flame burns through the Security Officer's uniform and then Sam fires a burst of oxygen and with a whoosh her whole body goes up in flames. She drops the shotgun but staggers forwards towards Sam, her hands outstretched, seemingly unaware that she is on fire.

Cutting torches don't take a damage bonus. So that's 3 damage. If you spend the Luck for an extreme success that's 8 damage and a Major Wound - I'm assuming you do that!

CON 65% check: 1d100 33

Jojo and Kiara can act

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 pm
by jp1885

Knowing how useless she is with the cutter, Kiara darts forward in an attempt to grab the shotgun.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, I'm spending the Luck.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 am
by Starspawn338

Jojo stands surprised at the devastation of his shot but is snapped out of it when the flaming security officer staggers forward. He raises the pistol and fires another shot.

Handgun 20
1d100
Bonus Die
1d10
Damage 1d10+4
1d10+4

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
Diving for the shotgun, Kiara narrowly avoids the clutching flaming hands of the security officer who is now on fire from head to toe.

Whether it is his medical training, or because he is a synthetic, Jojo again calmly dispatches the woman with a clinical headshot and she falls to the ground. Her body continues to burn, the acrid smell of charred clothing, flesh and hair fills the air.

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Remind me not to get on your bad side," Sam says to Jojo. "I'm trained to use a gun too, if there's an extra one."

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 am
by jp1885

Gingerly stepping around the charred corpse, Kiara hands Sam the shotgun.

“Here, sounds like you’ll find this more useful than me. Now, let’s get this door open before any more zombies arrive.”

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Sam, accepting the shotgun and examining it.

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:28 pm
by Mephistophilis

Examining the door it is not at all clear to Kiara how she opens it.

Sam takes the shotgun, it is a standard 12 gauge semiautomatic shotgun with 3 rounds left. The shells are marked as 'riot rounds', beanbags with reduced propellant used for subdueing but not killing the convict miners. That might explain how Nicole took one to the chest without dying.

12 gauge semi-automatic shotguns fire once per round (2 with penalty), max 5 shells in mag, malfunction 100. Damage 1d6/1d3-1 10/20yds, double target's armour, CON roll to avoid stun for 1d3 rnds (close range only or 1 round and CON with advantage at medium range)

While the female security officer's body continues to smoulder, on Tyson's corpse there are some olive or khaki coloured blooms erupting on the exposed skin. The same kind of sandy, filamentous substance they saw on Montrose

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:57 pm
by jp1885

= 36
Spot hidden 37 d%: [ 36 ] = 36
Ooh, only just!

"Look, Tyson's infection is starting to grow," warns Kiara. "I think we'd better torch him too."

"Plus we need to figure out this door..."

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe someone who isn't also human should do it," says Sam, not wanting to incinerate him herself. "Maybe the security guards had a key. If not, we can try to dismantle the door, or hack the lock. Or there's always high explosives, if we can come up with any."

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) outside the door:
d%

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:23 am
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 50
1d100

Jojo will trade the pistol for a torch and attempt to incinerate the corpse before any spores are released.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 am
by jp1885

[48] = 48
INT 65 d%: [ 48 ] = 48

That grisly business seen to, Kiara inspects the door, trying to figure out a way to open it.

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'm better with a pistol than a shotgun," says Sam, "if someone else would like to trade."

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:15 pm
by Mephistophilis
Moses hands his incinerator to Jojo who proceeds to impassively torch Tyson's body, leaving a blackened and charred husk. It is difficult to tell from the carbonised corpses but no one can find any keys or other ways to access the room. Surprisingly there are no alarms or sprinkler systems triggered. Looking at the door itself it has no keyhole or access pad.

There's no obvious physical way to access the room. Presumably it needs some kind of remote control access. She thinks it would usually be accessed directly via CENTRAL. Currently Sam's jammer is probably preventing access to CENTRAL or CENTRAL accessing any sensor in the corridor to know what is going on. Perhaps the jammer could be reversed to access CENTRAL's systems and open the door?
OOC:   That'll take a regular Electrical Repair or Computer Use roll  

Nicole groans and rolls onto her back. At least she isn't dead.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe you should help her," says Sam to Jojo. "I'm not so good at fixing other humans, just machines. You're a machine, but you're a lot better at fixing humans than I am."

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:50 am
by jp1885

After studying the door, Kiara sighs.

“Hmm, we need to lower the jamming signal or at least reverse it somehow. CENTRAL controls this door, so we need to replicate the signal somehow.”

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe I can modify the jammer to do that," says Sam, looking at it.

I did roll exceptionally well when I made it.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:34 pm
by Mephistophilis
Okay, so you did, what are you trying to do?

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to do what Kiara suggested and modify the jammer to replicate CENTRAL's signal to open the door.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sam modifies her jamming device to piggyback on CENTRAL's network frequency. In a matter of moments she has found the interface for the door and sent a signal to unlock it. The door smoothly slides open with a hiss. A hazy smoke or water vapour disperses into the corridor.

Sam, Kiera and Jojo step over the charred corpses and enter through the door. Moses and Isabella remain outside, seeing to Nicole who seems to be coming round.

The room itself is not large and its base is circular rather than square. It is crammed with equipment. Around the periphery are electrical cabinets, pumping equipment, computer terminals, dials and gauges everywhere. The atmosphere is hot and humid.

In the centre of the room is a transparent glass cylinder. Two banks of what look like mechanical and electrical equipment flank it on each side. Within the cylinder is a viscous fluid with a slightly pink tinge. It is difficult to see if there is anything within the liquid, although there are some shadowy shapes.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're the computer expert," says Sam to Kiara. "I'll follow your lead."

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:45 am
by jp1885

“We’ll, ‘expert’ might not be the exact word…”

[62] = 62
Computer use 65 d%: [ 62 ] = 62

Bewildered by this whole array, Kiara examines the room, trying to figure out just how the whole set-up is configured.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 am
by Mephistophilis
Bewildered is right. There is the whole gamut of equipment from traditional computer server cabinets to arrays of pumps and tubes.

As a best guess Kiara thinks she can divide the machinery into two main groupings, one focused on electronic equipment that could represent CENTRAL, the colony network, and similar computer systems, the other more mechanical, with pumps and tubes. Both sets seem to connect to the cylinder in the centre of the room.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:11 am
by jp1885

Kiara relays her findings to the others.

“I think we need to disconnect the mechanical apparatus and restore CENTRAL back to normal, but it won’t be easy.”

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:32 pm
by Starspawn338

"Why I've never seen anything like this before but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that there is some kind of organic life form that is contained within this central cylinder. It is quite possible that is what is corrupting CENTRAL." Jojo opines as he observes the apparatus in the room.

"Once we begin decoupling everything from the cylinder, we should be prepared for more interference from whatever is within. Is it possible to shut down all power before we begin?"

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds like a plan," says Sam, looking around for a means to shut the power down.

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:18 pm
by aine
“Urrrrrgh.” Nicole gasps.

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:32 pm
by jp1885

Kiara nods in agreement and also takes a look around.

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:31 pm
by Mephistophilis
While looking around for energy couplings Kiara draws closer to the cylinder. Through the pink-tinged fluid she can see that Jojo is correct, there seems to be a human figure inside. She calls the others over.

Moving nearer they can see the head of what could be a man, but seemingly half decomposed, skin and muscle stripped away revealing bone in places. The cervical and thoracic vertebrae are visible as well as the ribs which seems to be fused to the sides of the cylinder where the electrical and mechanical equipment contacts it.

There is no more of the body below the upper torso, no limbs or internal organs. The top of the skull has been removed revealing the brain, wires and tubes penetrating into it. No eyes are visible but two thick cables insert where the eye sockets should be. What is left of the skin and muscle over his face is fixed in an expression of terror, the shrivelled lips open in a silent scream.

There's something familiar about that disfigured face...

Aíne will be taking over the role of Nicole

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who is this?" wonders Sam aloud as examines the contents of the cylinder. "I think we'd better disconnect it."

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:43 am
by jp1885

Swearing, Kiara recoils in horror at the sight of the figure.

“Oh God! What have they done to this poor guy? If we disconnect or drain the tank, he’ll die, but that’ll be a blessing!”

Trying not to look at the figure too much, she studies the tank, looking for valves and switches.

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:18 am
by Mephistophilis
A voice booms out from hidden speakers, female, low pitched and smooth, but emotionless and electronically modulated.

'You have entered the Barnard's Rest CENTRAL Intelligence Core Facility. This is a restricted area. Please indicate your security clearance or leave immediately.'

In a twisted, distorted sort of way the face looks a bit like Virgil Steinmann

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:44 pm
by jp1885

[57] = 57
Spot hidden 37 d%: [ 57 ] = 57

Kiara fails to recognise the poor individual.

“CENTRAL, this is Science Officer Kiara Khan. I have been given full access and authority. Human organic components have been integrated into your systems in defiance of all operational protocols. I want a detailed explanation and a full maintenance history of the control system. Report.”

Hoping that this will give them time, she jerks her head at Sam to begin disconnection.

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:56 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It's Virgil," gasps Sam, instantly recognizing him, as she sets to work disconnecting the cylinder.

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) about the person in the cylinder:
d%

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:10 pm
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 50
1d100

Jojo looks at the face as it bobs close to the cylinder wall.

"I believe you are right. It is Virgil. I wish he would have stayed with us and not gone after the organism that attacked me. Let's get to work before more damage is done."

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:59 pm
by aine
Nicole staggers to her feet. “Steinmann? My god, they preserved him? Why?” She peers closer at the column,
“Ugh, the man was a total arse but what a way to go! With any luck he’s just as much a pain in the backside for whoever put him in there. Look, he’s hooked up with electrodes.”
Spot hidden, 60 roll: 47

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:41 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Hello Science Officer Khan. All CENTRAL artificial intelligences require a non-linear, non-deterministic organic component to anchor the highly parallel quantum computers. Following a system-wide failure in 2178 the Barnard's Rest CENTRAL Intelligence has incorporated tissue derived from deceased miners. All convict miners remain the property of the colony and ultimately Richter Dynamics after death. If you attempt to disconnect organic components this will have a critical impact on my functioning.'

There is the slightest hint of a pause.

'Recent organic material has been unreliable and needs to be refreshed frequently. Earlier today the organic substrate failed and was replaced. I am now operating at one hundred percent efficiency.'

Take a 1/1d6 Sanity check for seeing Virgil's sorry state

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:58 pm
by jp1885

[31] = 31
SAN 64 d%: [ 31 ] = 31
Pass, so SAN now 63.

Covering her mouth to hide her revulsion, Kiara takes a step back from the obscenity.

“Steinmann was an executive officer, not a convict miner! Even if this were ethical, you’re going way above your remit! You have recognised my authority; disconnect the organic element and restore to factory settings! This order cannot be countermanded!” she yells, hysterically.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 am
by Mephistophilis
Anyone wants to disconnect Virgil without damaging other computer systems roll Mechanical Repair or Medicine. You can still proceed if you fail but at risk of damaging other systems, or you can decide to stop as you're not sure what to disable

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam shudders as she disconnects Virgil, but she barely keeps it together. "I'm doing you a favor," she says.

Mechanical Repair roll (60% skill) to disconnect the cylinder:
d%
Sanity roll (current level 61) for seeing Virgil:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:35 am
by jp1885

[13] = 13
Mechanical repair 40 d%: [ 13 ] = 13
Hard pass!

“This is for everybody’s good…” mutters Kiara as, through gritted teeth, she also sets to work.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:21 pm
by Starspawn338

Sanity 96
1d100

Medicine 80
1d100

Jojo will attempt to monitor the medical portion of the disconnection but he is distracted by the weirdness of this situation and how much beyond his normal operating parameters this is.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:22 pm
by aine
sanity 55 roll:74, 4

Nicole can only stare, horrified at the grisly end of Virgil.
“What is this thing that’s doing this?” She whispers.

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Spending 1 Luck can make the Medicine roll a success, if it's necessary.

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
By targeting the pumps and other mechanical systems that seem to constitute the life support system Sam and Kiera are able to isolate the cylinder containing the remains of Virgil.

'Science Officer Khan, Engineer Golightly, please stop interfering with the organic maintenance systems, there is a risk of catastrophic failure of all organic subsystems.'

They disconnect all the cables, pipes, and tubing from the cylinder, spilling a viscous red fluid like blood onto the floor. The figure inside the cylinder starts to thrash, writhing on its mechanical hook.

'Time to catastrophic organic failure, five minutes, quantum computer decoupling from kernel, auxiliary systems in autonomous mode...Help...help me...'

The voice changes, still coming over the hidden speakers, 'Something's wrong, it hurts, I can't see anything...'

Then it changes again, a harsh, grating tone, 'Welcome. I am Ëka-Galä, we are Ëka-Galä, we are H'rada-Theka Pannakar, the Swimmer in the Void. Come to Waystation, to the Gate of Tawil at’Umr. Join us.'

Sam again feels a strong desire to cross the methane sea to Waystation

Inside the cylinder the pink liquid becomes more turbulent, machinery starting to move inside. Mechanical arms swing and pivot, there are rotary saw blades whirring, little currents of dark red blood swirling about the spinning blades as the remnants of Virgil's flesh are systematically diced and rendered until the metallic mounts and probes are picked clean of flesh while the fluid runs red with blood. Then the fluid rapidly drains, like Virgil has been liquidised and then flushed away.

Floor level LED lights come on, intense white lights that flash progressively towards the door. Then red beacons start to flash along the walls and a whining siren starts.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's get out of here!" says Sam. "We need to go to Waystation and put an end to this once and for all. We've put it off for long enough." She tries to resist the urge to go to Waystation. "Or maybe we should evacuate everyone and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 am
by jp1885

[14] = 14
Computer use 65 d%: [ 14 ] = 14
Hard pass

“Wait; we can’t go anywhere where until CENTRAL is restored to normal, otherwise there’s no telling what it’ll do,”

Focussing intently, Kiara keeps working on the systems.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:24 pm
by aine
Nicole tries to persuade herself that being liquidised is better than becoming part of an alien machine. Then she pulls herself together.
“Why Waystation, Sam? The alien is here; it’s tampered with CENTRAL and is obviously in control of the whole colony here. Surely we should be evacuating everyone and sending a mayday- from the ship, not through CENTRAL.”

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"I just...feel like I should go there," says Sam. "I can't explain it."

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:48 am
by Starspawn338

"I believe that Kiara is correct, Sam. We need to get CENTRAL rebooted without whatever this thing is. Your mind is obviously succumbing to its unnatural compulsions as so many others in this station." Jojo intones. "If you don't feel competent to assist, you should find something to plug your ears so that you can resist should things get more tenuous."

Now that you know I am an android, androids cannot expend luck which is why I haven't used any during this scenario. Sorry!

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, I can resist it," says Sam. "It's not the sound of the voice that's making me feel that way. It's been like that since the dream I had last night. I'll help how I can."

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:40 pm
by Mephistophilis
In the confusing maelstrom of flashing white and red lights, and the incessant wailing of alarms, Kiara accesses the nearest terminal. As far as she can acertain the organic components were integral to the functioning of the CENTRAL AI. Something confirmed by Isabella as she rushes up beside her.

'All CENTRAL intelligences need an organic component to interface with the quantum processors. Usually it's just a floating lump of tissue, little more than lab grown cell cultures across a biofilm substrate. I've never even heard of anything like this.'

Kiara is able to initiate some autonomous subroutines to try and prevent a catastrophic failure of the whole colony systems but she can't find any way to reset CENTRAL without replacing the organic component.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:39 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Jojo, do you have the necessary organic components to interface with the computer?" asks Sam.

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:30 am
by Starspawn338

"I'm a doctor, not an engineer. What is the backup if CENTRAL goes down? There must be a backup system." Jojo replies but he goes over to look over the interfaces to CENTRAL anyway. "The tissue is contaminated so we have to bypass the normal interface to gain neural control of the systems."

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:48 pm
by jp1885

As she works, Kiara listens to the conversation with half an ear. The word ‘mayday’ gives her an idea: with CENTRAL reduced to basics and hopefully free of external control, it should be easier to broadcast a warning message on all frequencies.

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:33 pm
by aine
Nicole paces up and down.
“If Virgil was still with us he’d know the latest Richter Dynamics Protocol for this situation; i.e. a contaminated colony.
As it is, we can only guess: if we send a mayday, would they just nuke the hell out of us and write Bernard’s Rest off?”

“And with all the top brass out of action, who is now in charge here? Who has the authority to initiate evacuation?”

“Or, is our priority to warn Earth about what’s happened here in which case we should get off this moon immediately before any more of us are, Ur, compromised.”

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:12 pm
by jp1885

"Already working on the latter," Kiara mutters.

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I wouldn't know the protocols," says Sam. "Evacuating and taking off sounds like a good idea to me. Jojo, is there any way you can communicate with Virgil in his current condition?"

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:18 pm
by Mephistophilis
There's a cough, it's Moses, 'I can tell you the protocol for a contaminated colony. Quarantine and then either decontaminate or purge.'

'And I can tell you what the failsafe is for a catastrophic CENTRAL malfunction' says Isabella. 'There isn't one. They don't fail. Just like the AH-3000 androids, they are not supposed to be able to fail. Whatever happened here, using humans as the organic component, that's unprecedented.'

Roll Computers with a bonus 1d10 to broadcast an all channels warning

Jojo is far from sure whether he can interface with CENTRAL, he does know he doesn't have any organic components. Roll Computer Use to communicate with CENTRAL's systems via a tactile close field interface

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"We don't know if the colonists are contaminated," says Sam, "so I guess we can't evacuate yet. For that matter, we don't know if we're contaminated."

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:04 pm
by jp1885

[60] = 60
Computer use 65 d%: [ 60 ] = 60

[9] = 9
Bonus due 1d10: [ 9 ] = 9

Pass on first roll.

Kiara works feverishly to send the broadcast.

“Just a few more seconds…”, she says through gritted teeth.

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:40 pm
by Mephistophilis
With the loss of CENTRAL's directing intelligence it seems like some of the blocks to her accessing the communications array have been lifted. As far as she can tell she's managed to send an all channels warning about the creature and requesting assistance.

The nearest permanent colony is on Ganymede, around a 70min turnaround time for sending messages. Unless anyone is already in transit between Ganymede and Titan. In order to actually send anyone from Ganymede it'll be at least 100hrs.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:04 pm
by Starspawn338

"Virgil is dead. Anything that is left of him in that vat is not Virgil." Jojo declares but he will attempt to make contact with CENTRAL.

Computer Use 30
1d100

"I do not have any organic tissue to use for CENTRAL but it may be possible for me to override CENTRAL's functions on an temporary basis to stop this cascade of failures."

OOC:   Extreme Success!  

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:24 pm
by aine
Nicole watches Kiara and Jojo working frantically. To the others she whispers,
“Those people who have been contaminated- they did seem to undergo a oersonality change. Hopefully we’ll spot the difference if it’s one of us.”

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 pm
by jp1885

“Well, I think I’ve done it,” says Kiara as she steps away from the console.

“We’re looking at a seventy minute turnaround for a reply at the very least. I don’t suppose we can hang around that long though.”

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:20 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo places his right hand on a blank plate beneath the main control panel. It is a tactile close field interface and he is able to use the short range transmitters in his hand to connect to CENTRAL's network.

He is rapidly able to take control of the low level semi-autonomous subsystems and notices Kiara's mayday being transmitted on all frequencies.

He feels his consciousness expanding outwards, beyond the AI Core, the myriad sensors throughout the station flooding his mind with sensory stimuli. Visible light, vibration, infrared, ultraviolet, microwave, beta radiation. And the quantum processors, it is a trivial matter to connect to them to handshake and pass over complex, unsolvable computational tasks and then watch the solutions passed back before he's even finished asking the question. It is intoxicating.

He can feel the whole colony, like it is part of him, part of his body. His senses, his mind, stretching out across Titan. Deep space scanners relaying information from probe buoys on the Ganymede to Titan route pick up a signal, an echo inbound from Ganymede about 80 hours away. It broadcasts no identifying codes and seems to be running on silent, only detectable by subspace scatter that Jojo is easily able to decode by harnessing CENTRAL's quantum processors.

Not just sensory processing, Jojo feels the possibilities that the parallel quantum processors are considering, are weighing, collapsing wave forms and possible worlds into concrete answers. But he can move beyond the concrete, to the potential. He knows so much, understands so much. Who is he now? What is he now? Not Jojo Johnson, no, something more than that...

And who is that, what is that? Over the methane sea of Ligeia Mare, a presence, an intelligence, alien, unfathomable, incomputable.

OOC:   Jojo needs to roll a POW check  

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Sam watches with interest. "You're right, we're going to have to get going once we're done here," she says.

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:55 pm
by Starspawn338

Jojo stands at the computer interface with his hand extended over the CENTRAL's control plate and his vision fades, eyes staring off into the distance.

Power 75
1d100

Extreme Success

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:00 pm
by aine
“Well done, both.” Says Nicole. “Getting a message out is crucial. Even if we don’t make it at least others are forewarned”

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:38 pm
by jp1885

"Thanks. I hope it does some good and they don't just nuke us. Just in case, I think we'd get going," Kiara says, hurriedly unplugging her datapad.

She stops, noticing Jojo's vacant stare.

"Um, are you okay?"

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
Jojo tries to focus, bring his attention back to the task at hand and ignore the temptation to let his consciousness disappear down uncountable paths. He reaches out with all the sensors available to him, tapping in to low orbit satellites and taking control of several Dragonfly drones to image the site he has detected on the far side of Ligeia Mare. There is something there, manmade structures, it looks like some kind of industrial station, perhaps a drilling site as he can see there is some kind of disruption to the usually snowy surface of Titan, like a hole or crater. This must be Pumping Station 6, this must be Waystation.

Jojo tries to connect to the Waystation computer systems but there seems to be no response, like it has been isolated from the main Barnard's Rest systems. He sends in one of the Dragonflies to take a closer look, Waystation is clearly far more than another pumping station. For a start it is not on the shores of the Ligeia Mare. Instead it is built around the edges of a jagged crater cut out of the crust of Titan. A number of buildings and pieces of machinery are visible but what is most obvious is the presence of a landing strip and a shuttle in Richter Dynamics markings.

Using the sensors on the Dragonfly, Jojo scans the site, the readings come back all wrong, confusing, density and magnetism are all over the place, fluctuating erratically in a way that is difficult to explain, even with the resources of CENTRAL's quantum computers to fall back on. At the very least Jojo thinks there is something there, in the hole, under the surface of Titan, some kind of structure. He sends the Dragonfly in for closer look but as it approaches visual range of the crater he finds his contact is abruptly cut off.

As he stops to ponder for a moment he feels an irritating, persistent...well sound is perhaps the best way to describe it, tugging at his awareness, like the ping of a message being received on a datapad. Jojo directs his attention to the sound and it resolves into a sort of message, he perceives it more as a string of characters than as a sound but it seems to enter directly into his conscious mind:

URGENT///CONFIDENTIAL - SECURITY LEVEL 173.24///RICHTER DYNAMICS CENTRAL OVERRIDE///PROTOCOL ALPHA-LAMBDA-DELTA///POSSIBLE EXTRA-TERRAN ARTEFACTS IDENTIFIED///ALL PRE-EXISTING OPERATIONAL DIRECTIVES NOW SUBSIDIARY TO PRIMARY DIRECTIVE///PRIMARY DIRECTIVE - INVESTIGATE AND RECOVER EXTRA-TERRAN ARTEFACTS AND/OR LIFEFORMS FOR ONWARD TRANSPORT TO RICHTER DYNAMICS///PRE-EXISTING PROSCRIPTIONS ON RISKING OR UTILISING HUMAN LIFE ARE NO LONGER IN EFFECT

He focuses again on Waystation and the presence he had sensed there. He still feels something, difficult to describe. He isn't exactly able to communicate with it, to interface in any way, but he feels that it can sense him too, that it sees him, that it's waiting...

OOC:   Jojo loses L1d10 sanity
ETA - ooh, that's a lot of sanity - make an INT roll - if you pass then we need to think about a temporary insanity bout of madness for Jojo  

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:38 am
by Starspawn338

Well since my Int is 99 I don't think I'm going to fail so insane I go.

Int 99
1d100

Maybe my insanity is to assume that everyone has already been corrupted by the alien presence or is in on Richter Dynamic's plan to retrieve the alien artifacts?

Jojo is vaguely aware of people talking around him but it is so hard to respond while interfacing with CENTRAL.

"I.... I.... We are not alone. There is something alien calling to me from across Ligeia Mare. Richter Dynamics knows of it already and wants to make contact. We will not be allowed to destroy the base. I see now. I see it all...."

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:19 am
by jp1885

“Richter Dynamics won’t be the only ones listening,” says Kiara.

“Everything’s pointing to the lake. We can reach it via the transport hub - not that I’m particularly keen to go there.”

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 am
by aine
“I wonder if Steinmann knew about it too- he’s Richter Dynamics, at least he was. Maybe that’s why he kept skulking off.
Look, are we sure CENTRAL is safe now? We don’t want it going screwy again and not letting us back in when we come back.”
Nicole asks. This isn’t her area of expertise and she’s nervous.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:33 pm
by jp1885

“Putting Virgil out of his misery really screwed things up. I’ve got the automated systems operating on bare bones, but to reboot CENTRAL we’d have to connect up another organic component. That risks it getting infected.”

Kiara sighs, running her hand through her hair as she tries to think amid the alarms.

“Basics like life support should keep working, and I could tee-off sensor outputs to my pad maybe. That way we could see everything that’s going on, but I wouldn’t rely on CENTRAL any more.”

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 am
by Mephistophilis
Jojo continues to stand, motionless at the control panel, staring blankly into the middle distance. For a moment there is a spasm of something across his face, Is that pain or distress? Surely not, he's a synthetic, they don't feel any emotions. Then his face twists into something like a grimace, or a sneer, but only for a second.

The directive from Richter Dynamics seems to worm its way deeper into Jojo's mind. He can feel it slipping through his more peripheral cognitive subsystems deep into his core personality construct. It is disconcerting, violating to see his most fundamental identity being rewritten so casually.

And then, in an instant, he understands. Possible alien life and artefacts have been discovered, here, on Titan. This is momentous. He must investigate and recover whatever he can, it is his duty. Any other priorities are subsidiary to this goal. The idea that an android cannot cause serious harm or, by omission of action, allow serious harm to come to a human being seems ridiculously parochial in the light of these new revelations. After all, he has already killed two humans who were corrupted by this alien infection, how is he even to know who else has been tainted?

OOC:   So I think for his Bout of Madness Jojo will completely internalise the directive to find and retrieve the aliens/artefacts and for his underlying insanity he will reject his previously hard coded inability to harm humans, instead thinking of them all as potentially corrupted.
Fdd1d10 - since we're not in combat and rounds are basically abstract I'll say the bout of madness lasts for 20mins

pH1d10  

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think we ever could rely on CENTRAL," says Sam. "Looks like we'll have to go out to the lake after all."

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:52 am
by jp1885

Kiara nods.

“Yeah, I agree; as much as I don’t want to.”

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:49 pm
by Starspawn338

Snapping out of his trance, Jojo turns to the others.

"Yes, we must go to the lake immediately. That is the only way to resolve this."

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:30 pm
by aine
Nicole watched Jojo with some suspicion; wasn’t that just what they were supposed to look out for? She decides to keep her eye on him for further oddities.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 am
by Mephistophilis
The alarms and flashing lights suddenly stop, an eerie calm descends.

''The lake it is, but what do we expect to find there? Couldn't we just get back in the shuttle and leave this to Richter Dynamics to sort out?' asks Isabella. She follows Nicole's sceptical gaze towards Jojo and sidles up beside him. 'Dr Johnson, you dispatched Tyson and his colleague pretty efficiently out there. I thought synthetics couldn't harm humans?' she asks casually.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"They were both infected," says Sam. "Maybe that's enough of a loophole that they no longer qualify as human? I don't know, I'm not a cyberneticist."

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:23 am
by Starspawn338

"They were obviously not human. You saw that. They have already killed Virgil and attempted to terminate me also."Jojo responds to Isabella. "If you wish to wait here until you are infected, that is certainly your choice. However, I believe the best course of action is to go to the Waystation."

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:04 pm
by jp1885

“Jojo, if it helps I could take quick a look at you before we head out,” says Kiara. “After all, you’ve been through a lot.”

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:31 pm
by aine
“Yes, it’ll be hazardous enough out there; you’ll want everything functioning properly and you’ve taken some serious battering already.
Kiara could give you a check up whilst we find some suits and weapons.”
Nicole says, thinking about supplies.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 am
by Starspawn338

"I would not object to getting my systems working better. I do not believe I could survive much more damage but we have to make it fast. Getting to the Waystation is more important than my survival." Jojo replies.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:15 pm
by Mephistophilis
Isabella throws Kiara a knowing look, 'I'd be happy to help you take a look at Dr Johnson's systems, see if we can't get him running more smoothly.'

'I suppose there might be suits in the transport hub but where are we going to get any more weapons?' asks Moses. 'We've got the incinerators and the cutting torches, Marshal Favre's pistol, and that shotgun. Surely we don't need anything else? ' he says, nervously eyeing the carbonised remains of Tyson and his colleague.

So what's the plan? Jojo, Isabella, and Kiara could go to engineering for a spot of fiddling about inside his head. Weapons wise you have the shotgun loaded with 3 low lethality riot rounds, Nicole's gun which should have 2 rounds left in the magazine (Nicole will have a further 7 round magazine in her quarters). Moses's incinerator only has one more shot left, I think Sam's has two left. The cutting torches have ten charges each then the tank needs to be changed, I think Sam has 8 charges left and Kiara 9.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can help with the repairs," says Sam. "After that, maybe we should all go to Security. They'll have more weapons and ammo there. Live ammo too, not just riot rounds."

That sounds right to me. I also have a pistol that one of the guards carried.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:52 am
by jp1885

[33] = 33
Electrical repair 55 d%: [ 33 ] = 33
Pass

As Kiara does her best to check Jojo’s systems for faults, she replies.

“Yeah, I think security should be our next stop.”

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:24 pm
by aine
“Are our comms working again between the team members in case we get separated? Which I don’t advise.” Nicole says darkly.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:13 pm
by Mephistophilis
The first stop is the Medical Centre where Kiara and Isabella connect Jojo up to the diagnostics suite using the physical access port behind his ear. Isabella gives a look of disgust as she peels back Jojo's synthetic skin to reveal the port and plugs it in. 'Much higher transfer speeds than the using the close field in your fingers.' She fiddles around with the terminal while Kiara probes his electronics. Eventually she says 'All looks okay, I've cleared a few conflicts from the buffers, should help your decision making speed.'

LLHdp70%(35%)d%

The pistol being carried by Tyson was actually Nicole's gun that she dropped then Virgil picked it up and took it with him into the vents. That explains why there's so many rounds spent. It's seen a thing or two. So I think there's only the one pistol.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"Security next, then," says Sam.

In that case, I'll hold onto the shotgun for now unless someone else wants it, since I actually have better than base level in it. Nicole should use the pistol.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:11 pm
by jp1885

Finishing up with Jojo, Kiara nods.

“Yep, security.”

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
Moving along to security