Page 1 of 1

The city in the ice

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:37 am
by kabukiman
After a quick journey, you see the mountains and what is the city; you have to land. Outside the confortable plane, the cold is nearly paralyzing. It stiffens your muscles, cracks your lips, and penetrates your protective clothing. Each breath you take freezes your throat and makes you feel as if your lungs are filled with ice. Behind you all is barren, trackless land, with no discernable landmarks to distinguish one flattened hill or icy plane from another. But in front of you it's a diferent vision: it is a city which could not possibly exist on this scale in this location, and yet it now stands before you. Huge, broken spires tower over jagged fissures, and steep precipices arc out from icy cliffs. Sheer ice walls form an enormous gateway, the yawning black gulf within seems to both draw you in and repulse you at the same time. Huge carvings on either side of the entrance appear to have once represented something humanoid, but have been worn into grotesque shapes by hundreds of years of wind and ice. Soaring over 100 feet tall, their melted features and eroded limbs leave nothing by which to understand the city’s builders or how it came to be abandoned.

Re: The city in the ice

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:54 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley disembarks, patting the aircraft affectionately. "Well done, girl." He turns towards the city and regards it with suspicion. "Good Lord," he mutters.

Crowley racks his cold brain, trying to recall any history regarding legends of Antarctic settlements or prehistoric races.
OOC:   Can Crowley make a History or Anthropology roll to recall anything about legends of people residing in Antarctica?  

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:37 pm
by Mephistophilis
Father Malone staggers from the plane, 'Infernal machines!' he splutters and takes a surreptitious drink from his hip flask.

He gazes at the impossible city in wonder. 'I...but...is...'. He lapses into silence for a minute. 'Takes your breath away.'
OOC:   Alex also tries to recall anything he might have heard, legends or myths - Occult or Cthulhu Mythos?  

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 am
by Starspawn338

Butch looks in awe at the architecture laid out before him before the cold snaps him back to reality.

"And this is why we needed the mechanical transportation. We need to find an inside to go to and fast or we'll freeze to death even bundled up."

Butch will start walking to whatever appears to offer the best bet of shelter in these alien surroundings.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah," says Harry, gazing at the city after he disembarks. "That gateway looks like the way in. Let's go."

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 am
by kabukiman
Crowley: make a history roll.

Malone: a cthulhu mythos roll.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex shudders, something about this city reminds him of his time in the jungle, but he can't put his finger on what it is.
Alex Cthulhu Mythos 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Fail  

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:27 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Hmmm..."
History 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Fail. Good grief.  

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:34 am
by kabukiman
There is no recorded history about a city build in such a place. TIt could be humans... or something else. Only by exploring the city you may discover.

As you move deeper into the entrance, the smooth ice walls glisten, your lights reflecting off its crystalline surface. All sound, even the echoes of your feet, seems muffled, as if the walls drink in the noise. You are taking your first steps into another world.
The passage narrows and the frozen walls close in around you. The air is bitingly cold and there is a hint of a whisper echoing softly through the gloom. By your light, you can see a large tunnel that curves away in both directions. It is cylindrical, almost like a large pipe. The walls are smooth and curve up over your head to form the ceiling. There is a slight curvature to the walls and, although the floor is flat, you feel like you are leaning slightly to one side.
Smooth patterns snake along the walls, suggesting that they were once illustrations or hieroglyphs. One design stands out repeatedly: three concentric circles, each one connected to the next by a small line; in the center circle is what appears to be a single eye staring out at you.
You find yourselves in a large cylindrical tunnel.

Please make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:43 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex Spot Hidden 31%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry notices something.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) entering the city: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 pm
by Starspawn338
As they move in, Butch looks around. He's interested in the mechanics of this place.
OOC,Spot Hidden 55 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:22 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Spot Hidden 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Fail. Dice gods using me it seems.  

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 am
by kabukiman
You walk, and understand that in this cylinder tunnel, there are several passages to what must must be an outer ring. But several of them are blocked, by ice and debris, until Harry finds a side tunnel. After a while, you find that it is leading to the remnants of an abandoned bivouac.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:22 am
by Mephistophilis
'Is this where the expedition camped?' asks Malone.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"It must be," says Harry. "Let's check it out."

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:40 pm
by kabukiman
You quickly discover that this was a nazi camp: there are some swasticas. Near, you also find a tunnel where there are signs of heating equipment that was used to cut through the ice, leading to a passage that has a number of open vents emitting hot air, causing the ambient temperature of this tunnel to be significantly higher than the entrance.

You can continue to explore the corridors that are colder or go to the ones that are warmer.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:11 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Seems to me that we've already learned warm means Nazis and strange infections' says Alex. 'I vote cold.'

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:37 pm
by Starspawn338
"I guess I'm always of the opinion that we need to make sure we know where we can survive the night or another storm before we worry about anything else." Butch replies. "And I'm not sure we can survive out here."

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"The Nazis are here ahead of us, so we need to stop them before they do whatever it is they came here to do," says Harry. "We have the advantage of surprise. We also need the warmth ourselves, so I think we should go that way."

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:48 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley nods. "I will feel slightly more comfortable knowing that the threat from Nazis is resolved. I hate Nazis. I believe we need to pursue them first."

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Butch, your vote ir for warm or cold?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:27 pm
by Starspawn338
"Warm it is then." Butch says to the others.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley unslings his shotgun, checks that it is loaded, then slings it again. Drawing the big Webley and his flashlight instead, he heads forward towards the warm tunnels, senses alert.

"No time like the present..."

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:51 am
by Mephistophilis
Checking the shotgun he's carrying Malone makes a huffing noise, lights a cigarillo, and draws his revolver and flashlight. 'Pah, democracy' he spits.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 am
by Starspawn338

Butch will adjust his tool belt and pull out his revolver.

"It's time to do some investigating." He says as he heads into the warmth.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:03 am
by Mr. Handy

"Onward," says Harry, revolver in hand, heading off with the others.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Malone stops, raises his revolver, and peers around him. 'Anyone else hear something?'

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm
by kabukiman
You start walking and stop feeling the cold in your bones. You may die, but at least you will have some confort!
You find what may have been rooms and even houses, but they are empty, except for debris of rock and ice so it's impossible to be sure. They have a strange architecture and some glyphs. Maybe the owners left the city with everything, or time itself has consume the objects. You hear ocasionally some noises, but it' impossible to be certain what that means.

Make a spot hiden roll.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:03 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Spot Hidden 31%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Success  

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:22 pm
by Starspawn338
Malone stops, raises his revolver, and peers around him. 'Anyone else hear something?'
Butch stops suddenly and looks around.

"I did hear something. I think they said to bring fuel which is probably a good idea."

Butch will quickly head back and get a can of gasoline. He will also put away his revolver and take out his gasoline blowtorch and keep that handy instead.
OOC,Spot Hidden 55 [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Spot hidden success  

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry sees something.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the warm tunnels: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:14 am
by kabukiman
You all see a figure that seems following you. He tries to hide as soon as you start looking at him, but with not much success.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
Father Malone levels his revolver at the figure, 'Come out with your hands up, why are you following us, and what have you been saying?'

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry also takes aim.

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Who said that? Frozen death to those who do not serve?" Crowley looks around, puzzled.

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 pm
by kabukiman
You see a man all dressed with very old cloths appearing and saying very afraid:
"Don't shoot me! I was just following you. I want some company, but I was afraid that you were like the others".
He

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 pm
by Mephistophilis
Keeping his revolver trained on the man Alex asks him 'And who the hell are you? How did you get out here?'

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're not like the Nazis," says Harry. "If we had been, you'd already be dead."

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:32 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

As the man does not obviously seem to be a threat, Crowley keeps his revolver safely pointed at the ceiling. He whispers as an aside, "For a man of the cloth, Malone, your language..."

Crowley focuses on the fellow's clothes, intrigued.
OOC:   Can Crowley make a History roll or anything to identify the type of clothing?  

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:39 am
by kabukiman
Crowley:
The cloths seems recent, from after the war.

"No, I'm not talking about the germans, I'm talking about the others, the weirdos. Look, do you have anything that I can eat that as been cooked? I have only been eating raw meat for some time, and I really want to eat something different."

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:35 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The name's Harry Smith," says Harry, lowering his revolver. "We haven't run into these weirdos yet, but we'd appreciate anything you can tell us about them. We don't have any cooked food on us, but we can get a fire going. Hope you like pemmican."

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:42 pm
by Mephistophilis
Malone does not lower his revolver, 'Too long in the jungle Crowley, and the Lord doesn't mind, he has bigger things to worry about.'

Alex is perturbed by this man appearing in the frozen wastes of Antarctica. 'I will ask you again sir, who are you? What are you doing wandering about in the freezing tunnels, how did you get here? And how have you survived?' He doesn't articulate out loud but Alex is worried about exactly what kind of 'uncooked meat' this man has been chewing on.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 am
by Starspawn338
"Is there some reason you haven't gone into the warmth?" Butch says to the man. "Do you know why a man would rather freeze to death than start a fire?"

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:05 am
by kabukiman
"Don't make a fire, it will bring the others here!"- he says in panic. Then:
"Well, after spending all this time eating raw fish and penguins, it's not so bad. My name is Olaf, I came to America with 3 years old, with my family from Norway and I was raised in Boston; my father was a fisherman and I followed his steps. Latter I joined a whaler. Well, in the last expeditioon, the weather was very hot. So we had to travell to the south at a much bigger distances than the usual. And suddenly we found that the much of the ice of the coast of Antarctica had melted and there was actually a river. My captain said it was an unique oportunity and we sailed to the interior of the continent. But he started to act more and more strange, like if he was actually knowing where we were going; the crew was getting unrestead by this time. We finally arrived at this ruins. The captain said this place would be full of treasures and convince us to go. There was an entrance big enouth to allow the ship to enter and we did; We docked in a lake inside the city and the captain left with most of the crew to explore it. We waited for several days and we were starting to think to leave this place when we finally saw them. Most of us left the boat to join them, but I notice that something was wrong even if I couldn't understand what exactly. Well, they attacked our companions and captured them. We were just 3 in the ship and we try to resist but we were unable; I jumped to the waters when I saw my last friend being captured. I managed to escape and have been living in this tunnels since. I saw some days ago a group of americans and another of germans. They were discussing and were angry, but I don't know what they were talking about. Suddenly my former companions appeared and both groups started to shoot themselves; When they understood the mistake part was dead and still suspicious so they run to diferent tunnels. So the weirdos captured the people that was wounded and I escaped too. Now the food please?"

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley searches his pockets for some rations to share.

"So, there are three groups? Americans, Germans and your former shipmates, who are now acting strangely. Is that right? And the Americans and Germans seemed to be cooperating? At least for a while."
OOC:   Does Crowley remember anything about a Boston whaler going missing three years earlier?  

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"What did the weirdos look like?" asks Harry.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex narrows his eyes and glares at the man. Something about this story sounds off.
Alex Psychology 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Damn it!  

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:55 am
by Starspawn338

"Okay, we won't start a fire." Butch will fish around in his pack for some beef jerky and will hand the man some. "How were you able to dry off and not freeze to death without a fire when you jumped in the water?"

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:31 pm
by kabukiman
You all see his eyes shine when he sees the beef. He is eating with his eyes closed with a big smile, like if it was the best meal in the world. Then he answers.

"I almost did, with a cold. But latter I returned to the ship, to see if they were still there. Well, they weren't. They had rob the weapons and fuel, but had left cloths. I changed my cloths, make a nice warm fire to get warm, and then I heard some noise: a group of them had appeared and entered the ship, I managed to escape without getting weat, because they aren't very inteligent and didn't leave guards at the exit of the ship. Anyway, in another place I decide to make a fire and watch from some distance and they appeared some time latter. Don't ask me how they do that."

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"They must be able to sense heat somehow," says Harry.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 am
by kabukiman
"You asked me how they look. They look as if they had some kind of skin disease and they walk like if they were drunk. And their personality change: they don't seem to recognize anyone like if they had the rabid. It's dificult to explain."

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:33 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley grunts at this unpleasant description. "Rabid lepers. Wonderful."

"Do you know where the three groups are? Particularly the American party who arrived very recently."

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 pm
by kabukiman
"I don't know about the americans. I only know where one of the germans is, but the kid is half crazy, he shoots everything on sight,"

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then it's best we avoid him, if we can," says Harry. "Where is he, so we know where not to go?"

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:47 am
by kabukiman
"It is in a hall that gives acess to a tunnel that everyone wanted to explore. That's why they started to figth, each group wanted to get there first."

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am
by Mephistophilis
'This German, he's a bit crazy but not one of the weirdos? Is that right? Perhaps we could talk to him, I speak a little German' says Alex.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"It won't be easy to get close enough without him opening fire," says Harry, "but we may have to go that way anyhow to get to what everyone wants to see."

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"All in all, we might actually learn something from this lone Boche. And it sounds like the right path to follow."

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:46 pm
by Starspawn338
"It's settled. Let's be off." Butch chimes in. Then looking at the Olaf, he continues, "So what are you going to do now?"

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, but let's take care not to let him see or hear us," says Harry, readying his revolver. "If he sees us, he's likely to open fire."

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:24 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Please all roll stealth.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:00 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex finds the trek through the ice tunnels hard going with his injuries. He stumbles against the walls, causing his pack to rattle and echo down the tunnel.
Alex Stealth 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is not quiet at all.
OOC,Stealth roll (20% base skill) to approach the German: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:23 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Stealth 35%,[dice]0[/dice]
Crowley stalks ahead but his natural impatience does not lend itself to stealthiness...

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:44 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Stealth 20 [dice]0[/dice]
It's hard to be quiet when you're wearing a tool belt and Butch doesn't disappoint. But it doesn't appear anyone else is particularly quiet either.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:00 pm
by kabukiman
Olaf asks you to stop doing so much noise with gestures, but after a while he seems to resign himself,
You come across the entrance to the middle ring. As you approach, you hear the voice of the lone Nazi soldier inside a gatehouse just inside the entrance.
He immediatly screams "Halt" and then says something in german.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:39 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Nicht schießen. Wir kommen in Frieden' shouts Alex as he tries to make out what the German is saying.
OOC:   'Don't shoot. We come in peace.'  
OOC,Alex has German 30% which allows 'transactional' communication and he also has the Linguist talent giving a bonus die. So I guess I'll roll - [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Alex got a hard success on his German roll  

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry stops and slowly puts his hands up in the air.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:28 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley sniffs. "Of all the languages to learn, Malone," he mutters.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:57 am
by kabukiman
The soldier seems to relax a bit and answers something in german to Malone...

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex gives Crowley a dirty look and continues shouting in German. 'Wir sind eine Expedition der Miskatonic University. Wir untersuchen, was mit einer früheren Expedition der Universität passiert ist. Ich heiße Pater Alex Malone'
Translation,'We are an expedition from the Miskatonic University. We are investigating what happened to a previous expedition from the university. My name is Father Alex Malone'
He turns to the others, 'He wants to know who we are and where we are from.'

Alex shouts a question, 'Wer bist du? Woher kommen Sie?'
Translation,'Who are you? Where are you from?'

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Professor Harry Smith from Miskatonic University," says Harry, pointing to himself.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
Alex,[color=#0000FF]"Americans?[/color] [color=#0000FF]I have orders to stop anyone coming too close, and this place is full of insane enemies. So, don't come near"- says the lone soldier[/color].

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:13 pm
by Mephistophilis
'He says he has orders to stop people coming close and that the place is full of 'insane enemies' explains Alex.

'Wo sind deine anderen Kollegen jetzt?' he asks. 'I'm asking him where the others are.'
Translate,'Where are your other colleagues now?'

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:48 pm
by kabukiman
Alex,[color=#0000FF]"They all run to the tunnel down. Everybody simply vanished in that direction and nobody appeared since then"[/color]

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:23 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley looks at Malone impatiently. "So is the Boche letting us past or will this end badly?"

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:11 am
by Mephistophilis
'Wir sind hier, um herauszufinden, was mit den anderen passiert ist. Machen Sie mit und wir helfen Ihnen bei der Suche nach Ihren Kameraden. Sicherheit in Zahlen!' shouts Alex.
Translation,'We're here to find out what happened to the others. Join us and we will help you find your comrades. Safety in numbers!'
'I'm telling the German we're trying to find out what happened to the others and we can help him find his friends.'
Alex Charm 75%,0
OOC:   Fail on a 75%, oh seriously!  

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:33 pm
by kabukiman
Alex,[color=#4000FF] "No, I cannot leave my post. And I don't know if I can let you pass, the orders weren't very explicit. I know! I'l blow my whistle and call my comrades!"[/color]

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You could spend 11 Luck to make that a success. Or you might be allowed to push the roll, but if you fail again he's likely to shoot at you.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:51 pm
by Mephistophilis
kabukiman,Can Alex push the roll? By strolling up closer and saying 'no need to call your friends, we'll go and find them together' penalty for failure - gonna get shot at

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:23 am
by kabukiman
Alex,you can push it but if you fail, he will shoot you.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   In for a penny...  
'Wish me luck' whispers Alex as he walks towards the German guard, his arms open wide in a gesture of friendship, 'Sie müssen Ihre Freunde nicht anrufen. Wir werden sie zusammen suchen.'
Translation,'No need to call your friends, we'll go and find them together'
Alex pushed Charm 75%,0
OOC:   Extreme success!  

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:25 pm
by kabukiman
He hesitates for what seems an eternity... but then nods. He takes some equipement with him: a rifle, some grenades... and a flame-thrower.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:33 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex looks at the flamethrower and shudders, he mutters under his breath, '...cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.'

He gestures to the others to join them, 'We're looking for my German friend's colleagues'. 'Erwarten Sie Ärger?' he asks the German, pointing to the flamethrower.
Translation,'Are you expecting trouble'

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"It takes a special kind of crazy to carry a flamethrower," says Harry softly.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:47 am
by kabukiman
You all enter the tunnel. You start hearing some noises, but it's dificult to understand from where they are coming. The soldier seems more and more nervous and he is speaking alone.

OOC: Listen roll please.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:35 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:
Listen 48%,0
OOC:   Fail.  
Crowley decides more firepower is called for. He holsters his Webley and unslings the shotgun.

Turning to Malone, he says, "Ask your young Boche friend about the zombie lepers the other lad mentioned."

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:15 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex Listen 21%,0
Noticing his agitation, Alex whispers to the German, trying to calm him down, 'Beruhige dich, entspanne dich, wir sind hier, um dich zu unterstützen.' To Crowley he says 'I don't think he'd respond well to that sort of question at the moment.'
Translation,'Calm down, relax, we are here to back you up.'
Alex Psychoanalysis 70% to calm the German,1
OOC:   Fail Listen, pass Psychoanalysis  

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry doesn't hear anything either.
OOC,Listen roll (20% base skill) in the tunnel: 0

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:03 am
by Starspawn338
Listen,Listen 35 0
Butch stays behind the german soldier, always aware of where he's pointing the flamethrower.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:45 pm
by kabukiman
The soldier seems more calm. After passing a corner, you find suddenly a group of... 10 somethings. They are vaguely humanoid, some have nazi uniforms, others cloths similar to yours but they have all several have mutations: extra limbs, half bodies, limbs in impossible positions, strange scars.
Please roll all 1d100. If you fail, loose 1d10. If you pass, loose 1d4.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
Turning the corner Alex catches sight of the abominations. 'Dear God. What are these fiends?'
Alex Sanity 89%,0, San loss 1
OOC,Could Alex see if he can recognise anything about the creature's, say Cthulhu Mythos 10% or Occult 79% - I'll roll in case I can 2

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:54 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry raises his revolver and takes aim at one of the abominations.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 62) seeing the monsters: 0 Sanity loss: 1

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:51 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
SAN 25,0
SAN Loss,1
OOC:   Crowley uses his Resilient talent to trade SAN loss for Luck loss.  
Crowley gives a characteristic grunt and raises the shotgun.

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:30 am
by Starspawn338
Sanity,Sanity 65 0 Sanity Loss 1
Butch will pull out his rifle and shoot at one of the monstrosities.
Attack,Firearm 69 2 Damage (if hit) 3

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:33 pm
by kabukiman
Several of the things start screaming in voices that are not human, but seems some moquery of language... and suddenly you all see the flames burning them and there is a grotesque show of those creatures making screams with their voices with pain and terror. The german soldier seems to feel a huge relieve and continues to burn them all.
Roll a 1d4. of sanity loss.
You are all distracted when you hear a sound behind you... and it's another group of those creatures, who are about 2 meters from you....

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:11 pm
by Mephistophilis
Recoiling from the flames, Alex crosses himself and says to the German 'Schnelles Denken!'
Translate,'Quick thinking!'
Sanity loss,0
Turning at the sound from behind he brings the shotgun up to bear and fires both barrels.
Alex Shotgun 35%,Summary - a hit with the second barrel, damage 13 - At point blank range I'm assuming a bonus die, first barrel 1, 2, damage 3, if he hits with the first barrel he'll change target and lose his bonus die otherwise he'll fire again at the same target, second barrel 4, 5, damage 6

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:20 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
SAN Loss,0 [ooc]Crowley uses his Resilient talent again to lose Luck instead.[/ooc]
OOC:   I had the impression Point Blank didn't work for shotguns in 7th Ed? May be wrong.  
Crowley fires the first barrel of his shotgun at an attacking zombie thing.
Shotgun 50%,1
Bonus Die,2 [ooc]Hit![/ooc]
Damage,3= [b]17[/b]

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity Loss 0 Does my Hardened feat come into play here? Hardened (Ignore sanity point loss from attacking other humans, viewing horrific injuries or the deceased)
Butch quickly notes that the flame thrower has got that side under control and wheels to face the new threat.
OOC,Rifle 69 1 Damage (if hit) 2 I'll spend the 1 point of luck to hit.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry whirls around and opens fire on the monsters coming up behind them.
OOC,Sanity loss (current level 58) for seeing the monsters burned: 0 Handgun roll (66% skill) shooting at the monsters, point blank, shot 1 of 3: 1 Bonus die: 2 Damage: 7 Handgun roll (66% skill) shooting at the monsters, point blank, shot 2 of 3: 3 Bonus die: 4 Damage: 8 Handgun roll (66% skill) shooting at the monsters, point blank, shot 3 of 3: 5 Bonus die: 6 Damage: 9

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:29 am
by Mephistophilis
Snapper,There's an optional rule to prevent point blank working for any long barreled guns, shotguns, rifles etc

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:06 pm
by Snapper
Mephistophilis wrote:
Snapper,There's an optional rule to prevent point blank working for any long barreled guns, shotguns, rifles etc
OOC:   Ta!  
OOC:   Previous post amended accordingly.  

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:48 pm
by kabukiman
You hit several monsters... but there is something weird in them, like if the bodies were made of severak independent parts. So, you destroy the chest, legs (or the arms) continue to walk.. Some without the heads are just walking without direction.There is gore in everywhere and they stoped to have any resemblance to humans.
But the worst is that the creature are all attacking the german who is concentrated in the fire. 6 creatures are still intact and are near him when you can shoot again.

OOC: To shoot against them without hitting the german you need a hard sucess... or you can use any other idea.
OOC2 Roll san. If you pass you loose 1 point, if you fail, you loose 1d4.

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 56): 0 If we shoot, does that mean we need a hard success to avoid the risk of hitting the German, or that we only hit the creatures on a hard success but don't hit anything if we don't get one? The only other idea I can think of is to shoot the flamethrower's fuel tank while the creatures are surrounding it, but that would be nasty to do while he's still holding it. Maybe [b]Alex[/b] could tell him to drop the flamethrower and run while we blow it up and destroy them, though.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:03 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
SAN 25,0
SAN Loss,1 [ooc]Crowley continues to use his Resilient talent.[/ooc]

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Sanity 84%,0
'Lauf zurück zu uns, lass den Flammenwerfer fallen, lauf jetzt!' shouts Alex.
Translation,'Run back to us, drop the flamethrower, run now!'
Having emptied his shotgun Alex draws his revolver and aims it towards the monsters. He holds fire until he can get a shot that won't hit the German.
OOC,If the German moves out the way he'll open fire with three rounds, one bonus die for point blank cancelled by firing multiple shots. If the German leaves his fuel tank then Alex will try and hit it. If the German doesn't move he'll hold fire, aiming until the next round when he'll have another bonus die - Ranged Handgun 50% 1, 2, 3, damage 4,5,6

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:13 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"They're attracted to the heat, surely! Ditch the flamethrower. Have we got anything else for that could distract them?"

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:07 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You can hit the enemies normaly, but to hit them without hitting the german, you need a hard sucess.

The german soldier hear you and is droping the flamethrower... just in time. He sees several mutants grabing the flamethrower (and a couple burning part of their bodies in the process).

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,What do I need to shoot the flamethrower's fuel tank? Can I do that without hitting the German?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:53 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity 65 0
Butch slowly backs away from the oncoming mutants as he fires his rifle at the closest one.
OOC,Rifle 69 1 Damage (if hit) 2 If necessary, I will spend the 2 luck to shoot a mutant next to the German to allow him to escape.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:14 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,no, the explosion would kill the german and probably you too
Butch,very well, you can spend 2 luck points

Butch shoos a mutant near the german soldier, allowing him to escape. The creatures seem to get more energetic with the heat, but are now carefully avoiding to be burned.
You are still about 3 meters near the flamethrower.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:52 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Time to withdraw, gentlemen!" Crowley yells. He looks around for a direction the party could withdraw to or shoot their way through to.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Everyone get clear of the flamethrower!" calls Harry, already retreating as fast as he can.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:17 pm
by kabukiman
You get away from the flamethrower (with the german); the creatures are now coming in your direction, they seem they are interested in you.

You can now shoot at the flamethrower. But it is a hard sucess, because several of the creatures are on the way.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:28 pm
by Mephistophilis
Having scrambled back from the creatures Alex turns and levels his revolver, taking aim at the fuel tank as best he can. He looses three rounds in quick succession, hoping to hit the tank and ignite the fuel, but the bullets disappear into the press of creatures.
OOC,Alex will fire three rounds from his revolver, he's lost the benefit of aiming since he had to run back, there's a penalty die for firing three rounds, I'm not sure of the range, he'd need to be within 10ft for point blank so I suspect he's not. Ranged Handgun 50% - 25% for a hard success - rolling three shots then three penalty dice then damage - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
OOC:   Nope, one regular success only  

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry empties his revolver at the flamethrower's fuel tank, but the creatures get in the way.
OOC,I don't think the first shot comes with a penalty die. None of mine do, as I have Rapid Fire. Your first shot may have hit, as you rolled a 6. Handgun roll (66% / 2 = 33% skill) shooting at the flamethrower's fuel tank, shot 1 of 3: 0 Handgun roll (66% / 2 = 33% skill) shooting at the flamethrower's fuel tank, shot 2 of 3: 1 Handgun roll (66% / 2 = 33% skill) shooting at the flamethrower's fuel tank, shot 3 of 3: 2

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Shotgun 50%,0

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:04 pm
by kabukiman
Suddenly you see that Alex shot hit the gas... and you hear a huge explosion. Pieces of ice, bodies, stone are flying everywhere, you cannot hear or see anything, you only react to the instinct of preservation and try to avoid the debris.

OOC: Please make a dodge roll. if you fail, loose 1d4 of damage. If you pass, you just loose 1.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:06 pm
by Starspawn338

Along with the others, Butch falls back before the mutants. He attempts to take cover as the fuel tank explodes.
OOC,Dodge 51 0 Damage 1

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 pm
by Mephistophilis
At the initial crack of the bullet hitting the tank, Alex lets out a cheer, 'Thank God, I think I...', as the explosion erupts in flames and a concussive blast he throws himself back, blood and fragments splattering against his face...
Alex Dodge 31%,0, damage 1

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry easily leaps behind cover to avoid the worst of the blast.
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid the explosion: 0

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Dodge 47%,0 [ooc]Success.[/ooc]
Cursing in Latin, Crowley dives for cover then staggers away coughing and gagging.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm
by kabukiman
The place is full of smoke and you see pieces of the ceiling falling. The path you want to follow seems that will be crumbling in any minute and unless you start running in that direction, it may close to you.
Alex and the german are dizzy with lot's of scratches, but seem fine,

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry tries to bandage his injuries, but his hands are shaking too much.
OOC,First Aid roll (58% skill) to treat his injury: 0

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex wipes the blood from his face, 'The time for licking our wounds is when the building stops falling down. Time for us to run.'

He runs in the direction of the tunnel, 'Mach weiter so mein deutscher Freund.'
Translate,'Keep up my German friend'

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry immediately stops trying to treat his injuries and runs down the tunnel with the others.
OOC,Whoops, I'd glossed over that!

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:48 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Uttering vile oaths in Latin, Crowley races with the others through the tunnel before it collapses.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:57 am
by Starspawn338

"We need to hurry!" Butch bellows as he runs down the corridor.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:55 am
by kabukiman
With a loud crash, the ceiling of the tunnel collapses. A large block of ice crushes one of the mutants, and green ooze splatters the floor in front of it. The shaking stops. As the air clears, you see that the entrance is now a mass of fallen rock and shattered ice. You are trapped inside the tunnels.
The tunnel is dim, but there is a faint glow in the ice; not enough to see clearly, but enough to make out your surroundings. The temperature in the tunnel has risen a few degrees.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex sinks to the ground and leans back against the icy walls of the tunnel. 'I'm too old for this.' He takes out the first aid kit and starts to clean his wounds. When he's finished he reloads his revolver and the shotgun.
Alex First Aid 52%,0, heal 1

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry also sits down, reloads his revolver, and resumes trying unsuccessfully to bind his injuries.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Let me take a look at that' says Alex, trying his best to tend to Harry's wounds.
Alex Medicine 31%,0

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:52 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley grunts at this turn of events, breaks open his shotgun and reloads it.
OOC:   Do we have flashlights or lanterns?  

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote:Crowley:

Crowley grunts at this turn of events, breaks open his shotgun and reloads it.
OOC:   Do we have flashlights or lanterns?  

OOC: Yes, you have lanterns.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Deciding the need to see outweighs the need to sneak, Crowley lights a lantern, dimming it as much as he can.

"I wonder if the heat from the flame will attract more of these things? Perhaps we should keep moving?"

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm
by kabukiman
The german soldier seems worried and says something to Alex.
Alex,"[color=#4000FF]I lost all my weapons, I just have a pistol, I hope we don't find more of ... whateaver they were.[/color]"

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"I sure hope there's another way out of here," says Harry.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 am
by Starspawn338

Butch will check his wounds, thankful that he didn't take much damage.
OOC,First Aid 30 0

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:22 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley holds up the lantern and looks about. He pulls out a pocket compass and tries to get a fix on what direction the team is facing.
OOC:   Does the tunnel continue on somewhere?  

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Mach dir keine Sorgen, mein Freund, wir haben Sicherheit in Zahlen,' Alex says to the German, placing his hand on his shoulder reassuringly.
German,'Don't worry my friend, we have safety in numbers.'

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I guess we have no choice but to go forward," says Harry.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:21 am
by kabukiman
You start walking in the tunnel. Where the tunnel ends is a dark chasm that drops off into the darkness. You cannot see the bottom, but across the other side, you can see another entrance. A bridge spans the gap over the darkness. The only way forward is across the bridge.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry examines the bridge to see how steady it looks. "We should rope ourselves together," he says. "That way we'll be safe if anyone slips off. We should also cross one at a time, in case it can't bear all of our weight together."

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:44 pm
by Mephistophilis
'That makes sense' agrees Alex. 'Anyone want to volunteer to go first?'

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'll do it," says Harry. "I'm the most agile."

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:17 pm
by Starspawn338

"Good luck. Just take it slow and easy." Butch says as he ties himself and his tool harness as the anchor on the rope.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:41 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley keeps his shotgun handy. He tries to keep a watch for anything coming out of the chasm below and anything coming from behind the party.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:27 am
by kabukiman
Each person make a dex test please.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 pm
by Mephistophilis
Peering nervously over the edge, Alex puts his foot on the bridge and starts to cross.
Alex DEX 50%,0
OOC:   Woo woo, hard success  

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry crosses the bridge without difficulty.
OOC,DEX roll (90% stat) crossing the bridge: 0

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:24 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
DEX 75%,0 [ooc]Crowley will spend the 6 Luck to make that a basic success.[/ooc]

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:46 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Dex 55 0 Hard Success!
Butch is the last one across and like the others before him doesn't have any problems.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:30 am
by kabukiman
You find yourselves in another tunnel, similar to the outer ring, but bigger and ends in a wall. There are 3 smaller side tunnels: to north, east and west.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:37 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Can a Navigate roll be made to try to assess where the three tunnels might lead? Deeper into the city, towards the edge, that sort if thing?  

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: yes it can.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:09 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry has a pretty good idea which way is which.
OOC,Navigate roll (60% skill) about the tunnels: 0

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:36 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Navigate 40%,0 [ooc]Regular success.[/ooc]
Crowley has a pencil and notepad out and is drawing some basic tunnel mapping.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:44 am
by kabukiman
The one at north seems the correct path.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:17 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley studies his notepad for a few seconds with a thoughtful "Hmmmm," before announcing, "I believe we should go north."

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 pm
by Starspawn338

"Okay, let's head north then. We need to find a safe place."

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"I agree," says Harry. "Let's go."

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:55 pm
by kabukiman
This tunnel is much colder. You don't see any sign of the mutants, After a whie you can hear voices. As you continue to listen, you can hear more clearly
After a dozen meters, this tunnel opens out to reveal a white-haired man surrounded by an assortment of equipment, both scientific and military. There are boxes piled up to block the smaller tunnels, so there is only one way in or out of the room. To one side, there are two bundles of blankets and three other people lying there. One you recognize as a member of the Miskatonik team. The others are Nazi troopers.
The white-haired man turns around, a long syringe in his hand and a startled look on his face...

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Schön dich hier zu treffen' says Alex to the white haired man.
Translate German,'Fancy meeting you here'

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Friends of yours?" Harry asks the German who accompanied them. He's not sure if the man can understand, but he hopes Alex will translate when he has a chance.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley calls out to the Miskatonic chap, "Great Scott! Are you alright?"

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:40 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Freunde von dir?', Alex translates for Harry.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:26 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote:Crowley:

Crowley calls out to the Miskatonic chap, "Great Scott! Are you alright?"
He looks relieved at you.
"Yes! But's it's great to finally someone speak with someone without an horrible accent! INot that I have anything to complain about any bad treatment" - he says quickly. "I'm Chuck Janson a graduate from the Miskatonik University. We were cutting to theouter ring when the germans attacked us, but then a group of strange infected guys attacked us and they dragged the nazi leader. Professor Stein ordered that the nazis stopped shooting at us and help us for a change"-he nods to the old man "After we defeated those creatures, the rest of my companions who are scientists continued to the tunnel to discover the reason for the disease. The germans have stay because thet have military training and are here to defend this tunnel." . In a low tone: "Most of them have been biten as I have and are showing signs of infection; the professor isn«t bitten but we need him to control the soldiers for now."

The german soldiers seem to be happy to see you companion, and they are also happy and embrace him

The white haired man is waiting that you finish your dialogues and then asks:
"Who are you? Are you members of a rescue team? - He says hopefully.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we were sent to assist the Miskatonic expedition," says Harry.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:38 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley looks back at the Miskatonic student. "Good Lord! What do you mean 'bitten and showing signs of infection?' Like rabies?" Crowley looks at the men lying down, wondering what signs of rabies might look like. Foaming at the mouth?

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:05 pm
by kabukiman
HArry:
"Good! We were needing reinforcements! Tell your troops that they can come here if they want and start cleaning the tunnels after I explain them severel things. I'm professor Stein by the way"

Crowley:
"I was bitten, but for now I don't have any signs. Those german soldies were bitten and hve signs, so maybe I'm lucky. About the disease, I don't know how to explain, they seem to loose their minds, but they work in a very coordinated manner. They don't speak, their bodies change, "

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:01 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Professor Stein, I am Alexander Malone, from the Miskatonic University. I am afraid that we are only a civilian operation. Tell me, what do you think is going on here with this disease?' Alex decides it might be better not to make it clear that he is a priest at this point. He racks his brain, trying to think of any infections that might meet the Professor's description.
OOC,Alex tries to think of any infection that might correspond with this description, Medicine 31% 0
OOC:   Successful Medicine roll  

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"How did you find out about this site, Professor?" asks Harry. "What do you know about it?"

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:06 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,In addition to his Medicine roll Alex wonders if he knows any more unnatural causes of such an infection, Cthulhu Mythos 10% 0
OOC:   Wow, a successful Cthulhu Mythos roll!  

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 am
by Starspawn338
"And what is it about fire or heat that attracts these mutated people? How have you been able to survive down here? Butch adds.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:17 pm
by kabukiman
He starts answering to Malone:
"I don't know, I never saw anything lke this. If it was just a disease in the brain, I suppose they would attack anything, including thmselves, but somehow they seem to recognize themselves as part of the same group, and concentrate their hate against normal people. like if the disease was trying to expand. But of course it is impossible, simple bacteria cannot have such inteligence."
Then to Harry:
"I am a professor in Munich, one day at the end of a class, I had group of Waffen SS waiting for me and I cannot give you more informations, those are state secret. But I guess I can tell you some other details. We were attacked when still coming to this place by those creatures, we didn't knw what they were. When we arrived, as soon as we found the americans we supposed they were part of the attackers and we started to fight each other; when the mutants appeared, it was obvious to me that we were figthing the wrong enemy but our commander refused to stop to figth against your compatriots. Luckily, fate helped us, the commander was grabed and I assumed the leadership and managed to make a truce.Most of the americans, some of our soldiers and our linguistic, went further. The leader of your expedition said the solution was near"
Then to Blutch:
"This tunnel is much colder so they avoid it for now. But I have excelent news. I have managed to create a serum that stops the progression of the disease. I don't know how long it works: it is very painful, but my soldiers didn't get worst and actually improved. That's why they didn turn in those creatures and are still loyal."

only Malone,Medicine: You don't know any disease like this. Cthulhu Mythos: this seems to be the "blessing" of Druaga an almost unknow divinity, it rewarded his followers by turning them into a lesser version of him, stronger than normal humans. Those that are cultist keeo their free will, those that were transformed against their will, are reduced to blind minions. It is indeed a disease that transform them thatravagethe body and mind,

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 pm
by Mephistophilis
Answering the Professor, Alex says 'Agreed, I've never seen anything like this. But...' He frowns. 'When I was in the Amazon, some of the tribes would talk about the 'blessing' of some obscure god, Druaga I think. The legend goes that he rewarded his followers by turning them into a lesser version of him. His worshipers would keep their free will and be stronger than ordinary men, but those that were transformed against their will became blind minions. Perhaps there was some kernel of truth in the legends?'
Keeper,Does Alex have any idea how it is transmitted or how it can be prevented or treated?

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's hope the serum lasts a long time," says Harry."We can't stay here forever, though. We'll have to go forward if we're going to survive, following the others."

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:24 pm
by kabukiman
Malone,no, you don't have any idea, this are only legends

"What do you mean with true? That there is a god controlling them?"- he looks incredulously at Malone.
"But this city is ancient, we don't know what kind of bacteria existed here that we released unknowing. The geologist from your expedition and our linguist said this was incredible ancient, more ancient that humans, and the ice could have keep it."
He turns to Harry:
"I'm giving you 10 doses from our serum, it's all I have; I'l make more to help our people here. Good luck then".

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:31 pm
by Mephistophilis
Laughing Alex says, 'Not gods, but maybe the followers knew something that could prevent this infection affecting their minds. Perhaps related to your serum, what is in that? How did you come to formulate it?'

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:49 pm
by kabukiman
"I tried several formulae actually, and none worked. This was a control test that I left in a cold place to preserve it, and guess what, it is the only to work when I used it. The cold left the pathogen weak, and the human body can figth it. So, I cannot claim much credit about it, it was mere chance."- he says a bit sad.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Ah, so it is like a vaccination, the pathogen is weakened by the cold so the body can learn to fight it off. Still, it is risky, if the pathogen were to reactivate...' Alex leaves that thought unfinished.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 am
by kabukiman
"That is why I only tried with my comrades that were already infected. There were doomed anyway."

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Professor," says Harry. "If any of the others have been bitten, we'll put these to good use."

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley calls out to the Miskatonic student. "What do you think, Janson? Will you come with us or do you need to stay here to be treated?"

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:27 pm
by kabukiman
"I'm going with you sir. The good doctor was helpful, but I prefer to be with americans, We don't know how this will finish".

OOC: Anything else or can we move?

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:21 pm
by Mephistophilis
'You have a weapon Janson?' asks Alex, taking the opportunity to have a closer look at his wounds and rebandage them.
Alex Medicine 31%,0 Heal 1 HP
OOC,Happy to move, was just going to give Janson a gun if he needed one

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm ready to keep moving.

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:54 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Good man," Crowley says to Janson.
OOC,All good and ready to move on.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:56 am
by Starspawn338
"No time like the present to keep moving along. We won't solve this mystery until we know what we are dealing with." Butch says to the others. "Besides, I don't want to wait around the infected people."

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:36 pm
by kabukiman
"Yes, I have, thank you", he says taking a pistol from his pocket.
You wave goodbye to the nazis (and the german that have come with you) and they wish you good luck.
You leave the Nazis to their own devices, pressing on the tunnel. Soon your light falls upon a large arch built into a stone wall that appears to be a dead end. In the middle of the arch is a carving consisting of three horizontal wavy lines with a teardrop shape above them.
Surrounding the arch are channels carved into the wall. Their intricate patterns across the stone start at the top, swirl around on either side, and terminate in holes in the ground.
"What is this?" - asks Janson.

OOC: Each of you can do ONE roll of: archaeology, occult, appraise, mechanical repair. Your choice.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:42 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex studies the strange carvings.
Occult 79%,0 I'll spend the 2 luck!

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:24 pm
by Starspawn338
Mechanical Repair,Mechanical Repair 64 (plus bonus die for Handy feat) 0 1 for bonus tens die 41 so normal success.
Butch examines it to see if there are any mechanical workings to the arch.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry ponders the meanings of the symbols and wonders who built the arch.
OOC,Archaeology roll (66% skill) about the arch and the carvings: 0

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:19 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Mech Repair 10%,0

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:30 am
by kabukiman
Alex decyphers some glyphs that mean "water" and "motion"; Butch understands that in the 4 channels it is possible to pour liquid.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley peers down at the water channels. "Fascinating. There have been instances in history where water is used in mechanisms. Water clocks come to mind."

"Shall we pour a small amount of water into one of the channels to see what happens?"
OOC:   Is there any sign that the earlier party poured water down any of the channels?  

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:02 pm
by kabukiman
OOC Therei is some ice, so yes.

Make a spot hidden roll

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:07 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I think those glyphs say something about 'water' and 'motion' so perhaps the water channels trigger some kind of mechanism' says Alex.
Spot Hidden 31%,0

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"One channel may not be enough to activate it," says Harry, "but we can try that first before trying multiple channels at once."
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) looking at the channels: 0

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:16 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Nice rolling by the monk!  
Crowley:
Spot Hidden 60%,0

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:26 am
by Starspawn338
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 55 0
"I think you're right about it being water running in here. But since there is something about warm being bad, is it possible that water running here does something we don't want it to do?"

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"I believe we should try to follow the trail of the first group, and rescue them if we can."

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:21 am
by kabukiman
Alex sees that water was poured at the 4 channels at the same time. By the size of it, it cannot be much more than 1 liter for each.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:33 pm
by Snapper
OOC:   Does the party have any flasks of water among its exploring and camping equipment?  

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:40 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You have water canteens that holds 1L (I'm very sorry if this is not the correct word in english, but it's the best translation I found).

Edited!

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We may need to pour water in the channels to open the way ahead," says Harry, "or to prevent a trap from going off."
OOC,Yes, that sounds right. 1 liter is a little more than a quart.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:36 pm
by Mephistophilis
Studying the channels Alex says, 'I'd say there's been water poured in all four channels, they look like they'll take a couple of pints. We could use the canteens.'

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:35 pm
by Snapper
OOC:   Allow 1L gets the point across. Technically, it's probably better I guess to say holds or contains, like the canteen holds 1L of water. Apologies of course if you didn't really want to know that!  

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:36 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"I vote we pour water into the four channels and be ready for anything."

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:59 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote:
OOC:   Allow 1L gets the point across. Technically, it's probably better I guess to say holds or contains, like the canteen holds 1L of water. Apologies of course if you didn't really want to know that!  
OOC: No problem, thanks for the information.

...and you start hearing something that is coming from the same tunnel that you came.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:26 pm
by Starspawn338
"Okay, I'm ready at this one." Butch says as he pulls out his canteen and gets ready to pour.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:07 am
by Mephistophilis
'Enough talking, let's do this' says Alex, and he takes out his canteen.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry gets his own canteen ready to pour some water into the channels.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:43 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley hastily pulls out his water bottle. "On the count of three, one, two, three..." And he pours his bottle into the start of one of the channels.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:46 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex joins in, looking nervously over his shoulder to see what the noise is.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm
by kabukiman
Water flows through the channels, following the curves of the grooves and seeming to defy gravity. The reservoirs deep below the threshold fill up slowly, but when they do, you hear a grinding, shrieking noise as the door slowly opens. Suddenly, you hear footsteps behind you. With the infected mutants close behind, you squeeze through the opening as quickly as you can.
In front of you is a stone bridge, about 8 feet wide and spanning 300 feet over a very deep chasm, the bottom of which is lost in darkness. This bridge is similar to the one you crossed earlier, but much wider and longer.
On the far side, you can see two mutants standing watching you, silent and still. One of these mutants wears the uniform of a Nazi commander. As you watch, he opens his mouth and calls out. You cannot quite hear or understand what he is saying, but you notice the effect immediately. Behind you can hear the roar of many mutants, getting louder and louder.
Ahead of you is the bridge, behind you is a nightmarish host…

Many of your pursuers’ faces are not even recognizably human, with skin split and peeled back to reveal writhing organs and tentacle-like appendages. Some are wearing remnants of cloths with the Miskatonik symbol.
Make a sanity roll: if you fail, loose 1d6, if you pass, loose 1 san.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:05 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex's jaw drops, repelled by the sight of the mutants and shocked at the signs of Miskatonic University that mark them as former colleagues.
Sanity 83%,0,1 if needed
OOC:   On the nose!  

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:29 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
SAN 25,0 1
OOC:   Correction in my original post, can't use Luck to change a SAN roll. Crowley will use his Resilient talent. All good till he runs out of Luck...  
Crowley looks to see if the door can be shut behind the party.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Run for the bridge!" calls Harry, already doing so. "We'll destroy it behind us!"
OOC,I think you can't spend Luck on Sanity rolls (or Luck rolls). Sanity roll (current level 55) for seeing the mutants: 0

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity 64 0 Sanity Loss (if failure) 1 Mr. Handy is correct. Luck cannot modify Sanity rolls.
"Right behind you!" Butch yells as he heads across the bridge. He will pull out a stick of dynamite as he runs.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:32 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Clutching the shotgun, Crowley charges across the bridge.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:18 pm
by kabukiman
You run as fast as you can to get to the bridge. As soon as you arrive at the other side, the two guardian attack you, and Butch throw the dynamite to the bridge.
OOC1: Butch: roll throw
OOC2: The others face the nazi commander and something that you don't recognize anymore as human: it hasn't eyes, mouth or nose, but only tentacles and crab claws instead of hands. Use whateaver weapons you want (just tell me what you are attacking).
And another sanity roll; if you fail loose 1d4, if you succeed, loose 1 point.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:
SAN 25,0
SAN Loss,1
OOC:   Crowley will keep using his Resilient talent to have Luck for SAN loss.  
"The Royal Flying Corps!" Crowley fires one barrel at the tentacle crab thing.
Shotgun 50%,2
Bonus Die,3
OOC:   Extreme success! I believe that's an automatic 24 points damage?  

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:38 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex looks in horror at the inhuman crab-thing.
Sanity 82,0,loss if needed 1
He forced himself to look at the Nazi commander, likely the brains behind the operation. He raises his revolver and fires three shots in quick succession, 'Say hello to Satan for me.'
Handgun 50%,234, I've done these three shots as point blank range, if it's not they'd need a penalty die which I'll roll 5,6,7. I think that's two hits either way - 1d10 damage each 89 is 13pts damage

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry fires his revolver at the crab-thing first, turning his wrath on the Nazi commander if the monster goes down.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 54) for seeing the monster: 0 Sanity loss: 4 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the crab-thing (or the commander if it's down), shot 1 of 3: 1 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the crab-thing (or the commander if it's down), shot 2 of 3: 2 Damage: 5 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the crab-thing (or the commander if it's down), shot 3 of 3: 3 Damage: 6

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:58 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Sanity 64 1 Sanity Loss if fail 2 Throw 20 0 I will spend the 15 luck for it to hit. Damage 3 That's 24 damage
Butch turns and throws the dynamite at the mass surging across the bridge. He only hopes that he's lucky enough to stop them on the bridge.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 am
by kabukiman
The crab ting and the comander are running in your direction; you can see the crab thing being hit, bleeding some green thing liquid and still making an effort to get you. When they are about 5 meters, they stop and they seem to prepare to open their mouths (you see all the tentacles from the crab mouth openning like minimouths), but the crab thing simply fall in the the ground with the final shots from Harry.
OOC: All make a dodge roll please (except Butch that is too far away):

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Dodge 31%,0

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry nimbly leaps aside.
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid the commander's attack: 0

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:00 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Dodge 47%,0

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 am
by kabukiman
Crowley and Alex are hit with a small quantaty of corrosive liquid in their faces that hurts a lot.
ÕOC: Please both roll 1d4 damage and make a Con roll.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 am
by Mephistophilis
Feeling a sudden searing pain across his face, Alex recoils and automatically grabs at his skin, feeling the burning liquid, 'Aaghh!'.
Rolls,0 damage, CON 50%1
OOC:   Pass CON  

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Damage,0
CON 65%,1
OOC:   Failed CON.  
"Curse you, Boche!"

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:21 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Crowley please roll another 1d4.
Crowley feels something... strange, but doesn't understand what it is.

Suddenly there is a huge explosion behind you. Blutch sees part of the bridge being destroyed with several of the creatures been smashed in a mass of green gore, and others fall to the void. The survivors are looking puzzled, since they cannot cross now.

New turn: Everyone can make an action now.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:34 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex unslings his shotgun and fires both barrels at the commander. 'I said, die!'
Alex Firearms (Shotgun) 35%,First barrel 0 bonus die due to point blank range 1, second barrel 2 bonus die 3
Damage,4
OOC:   One barrel hits, 15 damage  

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

If the commander is still up, Harry empties his revolver into him until he isn't.
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the commander, shot 1 of 3: 0 Damage: 3 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the commander, shot 2 of 3: 1 Damage: 4 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the commander, shot 3 of 3: 2 Damage: 5

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:06 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
1d4,0
Crowley swings the shotgun to the standing Nazi and fires the second barrel.
Shotgun 50%,1 2
OOC:   Regular success.  
Damage,3
OOC:   14 points damage.  

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:34 am
by kabukiman
The commander fall down withou a sound.

Meanwhile Butch watchs that several of the creatures start movng some strange appendages in their backs like some pseudo-wings... and jump the ruined bridge.. There are 4.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry takes cover while he hurriedly reloads his revolver.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch will pull out his rifle and start shooting at any that are taking flight.

"We got trouble back here. Some of them can fly!" He shouts as he fires.
OOC,Rifle 69 0 Damage if hit 1
OOC:   Regular hit for 7 damage  

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm
by Mephistophilis
Following Butch's lead, Alex fires his revolver at the flying creatures but he finds it hard to target them as they flap through the air.
Alex Handgun 50%,0, damage if hits 1
OOC:   Miss  

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:32 pm
by kabukiman
New turn.
The creature tha was hit, has fall to the bridge and is trying to get up. The others are still flying to get near you.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry opens fire on the winged creatures, targeting any that are heading for him first and shooting the other ones after any such creatures are down.
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 1 of 3: 0 Damage: 3 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 2 of 3: 1 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 3 of 3: 2

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:02 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley drops the shotgun, draws his trusty Webley and fires one deliberate shot. "The Flying Corps!"
Handgun 75%,0
OOC:   Regular success.  
Damage,1+2=
OOC:   9 points damage.  

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:30 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex desperately empties his revolver into the nearest creature and then ducks down to reload, 'I'm out.'
Handgun 50%,0, penalty 1
Handgun 50%,2, penalty 3
Damage,4
OOC:   One shot hits but only 1pt damage  

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:03 pm
by Starspawn338
Dropping one from the sky, Butch takes aim and fires at the next one in line without luck.
OOC,Rifle 69 0 Damage (if hit) 1
OOC:   Miss  

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:09 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Everyone dodge please.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:15 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex Dodge 31%,0

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:37 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Dodge 51 0
OOC:   Fail to Dodge  

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Dodge 47%,0
OOC:   Fail. Oh dear...  

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry dives aside when the flying creatures attack.
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid the flying creatures: 0

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:51 am
by kabukiman
The creatures in the air spit something to you, that burns when they hit your faces (the only palce visible of your bodies).

Those whoi failed the dodge, roll 1d4 of damage. Then a con roll.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 am
by Mephistophilis
'Aaagh!' screams Alex as his face is again spattered with acid.
Roll,Damage 0, CON 50% 1
OOC:   Fail CON  

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:03 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:
Damage,0
CON 65%,1
OOC:   Failed The CON roll.  
"Aaargh!" Crowley curses the creatures in Latin.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:18 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Damage 0 Con 65 1
OOC:   Con fail  
Butch shouts as the acid hits him in the face. He attempts to wipe it off to clear his eyes for another shot.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:44 pm
by kabukiman
The pain is terrible, but there is something else you all feel strange, but don't understand what is wrong (except Harry).

Except Harry, everyone roll a 1d4.
And you can shoot again.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex takes cover to reload his shotgun and revolver.
1d4,0

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry empties his revolver at the creatures.
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 1 of 3: 0 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 2 of 3: 1 Damage: 3 Firearms(Handgun) roll (66% skill) shooting at the flying creatures, shot 3 of 3: 2 Are we at point blank range? If so, I get bonus dice.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:56 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
1d4,0
Crowley flinches but, cursing in Latin, fires three rounds hell for leather.

"For the Royal Flying Corps!"
Handgun 75%,1 2 3 4 5 6 [ooc]2 regular hits.[/ooc]
Damage,7+ 2 = 4 8+ 2 = 3

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:36 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Damage 0 Rifle 69 1 Damage (if hit) 2
Butch winces as it continues to hurt where he got hit. He's not sure what is happening but he's certain it's not good.
OOC:   Hit for 13 damage  

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:29 am
by kabukiman
Two of the creatures are killed; the last two prepare to spit against you.

But for some reason they ignore all the group and only attack Harry...
OOC: Harry make a dodge roll.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Who's got the serum?  

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:33 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I assumed it was Harry.

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Ah crap  

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Who's on first?  

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry leaps back behind cover before the creatures can attack him.
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid the flying creatures: 0

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Your turn to shoot again.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Muttering offensive Latin under his breath, Crowley fires his last round...
Handgun 75%,0

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:34 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Pater Noster, dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut sed libera nos a malo' chants Alex, firing both barrels of his shotgun on 'Amen.'
Alex Rifle/Shotgun 35%,01
Damage,Assuming we're within 10m that's 4d6, 2
OOC:   Hit with one barrel, 15 damage  

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch grimaces as he brings his rifle to bear upon another one of the creatures.
OOC,Rifle 69 0 Damage (if hit) 1
OOC:   Hit for 12 damage  

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry stays behind cover and reloads his empty revolver.

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:26 pm
by kabukiman
You killed the last two creatures. The others who cannot fly, are in the other side of the bridge, looking at you in frustration and rage.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry goes to see what he can do for his injured friends, doses of the serum at the ready to inject them if they are infected.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: For some reason, I am not able to see what damage you all suffered (1d4) after failling the con roll. I need that you give me those numbers please.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   I can't see it either now. I already took it off my HP but I think it was 2 damage  

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:22 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC:   I believe that I took 3 damage after the failed con  

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:27 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Crowley took 2 points of damage.  

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, The update over the weekend doesn't support the dice roller, so it's gone. Carnage_lee is looking into a new one, which looks better. In the meantime, I've been using [url=https://orokos.com/roll/]Orokos[/url].

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:11 pm
by kabukiman
Mr Handy: choose who is the first player to get the serum. And roll 1d4.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry injects Butch first, as he appears to be hurt the worst. He hopes it is effective. He is relieved that he himself escaped being hit and infected.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Butch doesn't feel anything at the beggining. Then, it seems he has some aches over his body like if he was being stick with needles everywhere. It vanishes and suddenly he feels a huge pain in his stomach and vomits a black liquid who starts running in the ice but before you can do anything, it burns, leaving just a black spot.
Butch feels at the same time like if had been beaten and as if he had recovered from some disease.

OOC: Butch, you lost 3 HP with the "treatment".
Everyone roll sanity; if you fail loose 1d4. If you pass, loose 1 san.

Crowley and Malone, make a willpower test.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:32 am
by Mephistophilis

Alex starts shaking his head and moaning, 'No, get out, leave me alone.'

Sanity 81%: 1d100 41

Power 95%: 1d100 85

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Sanity 25%: 1d100 13
OOC:   Success!  

Willpower 25%: 1d100 69
OOC:   Fail!  

OOC:   Crowley trades the SAN loss for Luck again using his talent.  

"Most strange, I'm hearing voices in my head..."

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is mostly unaffected by seeing the serum's effects. "You're next," he says to Crowley, taking out another dose to inject him.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:17 am
by kabukiman
OOC: The willpower fail means that Crowley don't want to get the serum...

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:27 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch remains doubled over for a moment as he tries to catch his breath after his vicious expulsion of whatever had gotten inside him. He smile weakly at Harry.

"Thanks."

OOC:   Sanity 62
Sanity Roll: 1d100 13  

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley recoils from seeing what happened to Butch. He holds up a hand in a gesture of refusal. "I'm good thanks. I'll manage without that even if it does mean I'm hearing voices."

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry injects Alex with the serum instead, though he fully intends to make sure Crowley gets his dose afterwards.

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy, roll 1d4 to Alex.

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:05 am
by kabukiman
Alex feels very dizzy and spit something black like oil, that immediatly burns.
He feels (more or less) better.

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:16 am
by Starspawn338
"No, Crowley. You need to take the serum or you won't just be hearing voices, you'll become one of those monstrosities!" Butch replies. He prepares to hold him while the serum is administered if necessary.

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:32 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley holds up to his hands defensively, "Now gentlemen, I don't want to hurt you but I don't wish to have that medicine, thank you."

OOC:   Is there anything Crowley can do to get himself under control? A pushed roll or something?  

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 am
by Mephistophilis
Vomiting, followed for dry retching for a few minutes, Alex collapses onto the floor. He eventually pulls himself to a seated position, breathing heavily. He first takes a deep drink from a hip flask, then lights a cigarello. 'I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.'

He takes out the first aid kit and starts dabbing his wounds with surgical spirit. He watches Butch struggle with Crowley, lacking the strength to assist. 'Come on, if an old man like me can take it I'm sure you'll cope!'

OOC - First Aid 52%: 1d100 4 Heal: 1d4 2
OOC,Could Alex roll Psychoanalysis to calm him down?

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry gets a third dose ready. "You need this," he says to Crowley. "I know it hurts, but I'd much rather shoot you with a syringe than let you turn into a monster and have to shoot you with my gun."

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:32 am Crowley:

Crowley holds up to his hands defensively, "Now gentlemen, I don't want to hurt you but I don't wish to have that medicine, thank you."

OOC:   Is there anything Crowley can do to get himself under control? A pushed roll or something?  
OOC: Yes, but if it fail you will be very hostile to the idea of getting the serum.

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

OOC:   Change of plan then. Crowley won't try to push anything, he'll just be grumpy.  

"I feel fine. Few voices in my head, that's all. Why not save it for when really needed?"

OOC:   Crowley will keep saying no in a reasonable voice but won't plan to get violent if his arm is grabbed.  

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's really needed now," says Harry. "Better to do it before you start turning into a monster. You might not turn back if it gets that far."

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, what do you do?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:48 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch distracts Crowley and gives Harry an opening to give him the serum.

"Easy boy. We need you to stay with us and not become one of them. The voices in your head are just the start." He says as he grabs him from the side, turning him away from Harry.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:52 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"This is outrageous!" Crowley looks bewildered and angry. "The voice in my head is offering to make me powerful!"

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:54 am
by Mr. Handy

While Crowley is distracted, Harry moves to inject him with the serum.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 pm
by kabukiman
Butch: roll persuation, fast talk, charm, any of your choice to distract him.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:31 pm
by Starspawn338

"Of course the voices are telling you that you can become powerful. Those monsters fly and spit acid and all kinds of crazy stuff but they aren't human anymore." Butch tries to convince him with limited success. However, he keeps a firm grip on Crowley's arm as Harry moves in.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:32 pm
by kabukiman
Butch: roll brawl.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:48 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC:   https://orokos.com/roll/882728
Failure...  

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:05 pm
by Mephistophilis
Seeing Butch and Crowley grappling, Alex pulls himself to his feet, 'Good God man! Pull yourself together. I heard that voice too. The voice of Satan tempting you. It is empty promises, lies and empty promises' he shouts at Crowley.

Psychoanalysis 70%: 1d100 93 FAIL

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:52 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"You blithering idiots! You're all talking rubbish!"

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Says the man who hears voices in his head," says Harry. "I think you should look at yourself in a mirror."

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:19 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"I must warn you all," Crowley begins haughtily, "That if you persist in attempting to lay hands look me, I may be forced to resort to fisticuffs. And I shall not be responsible for the consequences."

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The consequences are that you'd get the tar beaten out of you," says Harry, "and then we'd give you the serum anyway. It's three against one. Save yourself the trouble."

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Oh my god! The serum, the serum is causing the infection! You're all infected with some crazy, evil, German concoction. I'll have none of it."

Crowley draws the Gurkha kukri knife at his belt.

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:20 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Put that away," says Harry. "I haven't taken the serum myself. I didn't get hit by that stuff, so I don't need it. I can't be infected, which means you can trust me."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:00 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley wavers, pondering, lowering the curved weapon. "How can we be sure the serum hasn't infected the other two, though?" He asks Harry.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:11 am
by Mephistophilis
'Who's the one waving a knife at everyone else? The ones who got the serum or the one who didn't?' sniffs Alex.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:27 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"I," Crowley declares with haughty disdain, "am merely trying to defend myself. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm not trying to stick a syringe in anyone."

"Touché priest. Also, no one here looks more like a walking zombie than you."

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:59 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex mumbles something under his breath about 'the impertinence of youth'.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We know that the others who were here before got infected before they were given the serum," says Harry.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: All make a listen roll

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:09 pm
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Weary from his wounds, Alex struggles to notice much that is going on around him.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 pm
by Starspawn338

"You know we took the serum from the doctor just in case we got infected. You were there when he said it stopped the soldiers from turning into monsters. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're above infection." Butch says.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:48 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Spoiler:
Listen 48%,
Listen 48%: 1d100 22
OOC:   Hard Success.  

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:50 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You may continue the discusssion. :D

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:42 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex goes up to Crowley and puts his arm round him, he turns on the natural charm, 'Come on old boy, you know you can trust us after all we've been through, have we ever let you down?'

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry waits to see how Crowley reacts. If he agrees to take the serum, or if he's sufficiently distracted, Harry will inject him.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:42 pm
by Starspawn338
Having failed at convincing Crowley and also at grabbing him, Butch will stand back and let the others try to talk to him. He will scan the surroundings to make sure there aren't any more flyers or climbers or runners or really any other threats.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:08 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley relaxes somewhat with Alex but his head turns towards the tunnel. "I think I can hear chanting," he says, distracted.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't hear anything," says Harry. "Are you sure it's not in your head, like the voices?"

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

While Crowley is distracted, Harry injects him with the serum. It doesn't do too much damage.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 am
by kabukiman
Crowley feels immediatly an agonizing pain in his body. He vomits the black liquid... and then a headache.

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:26 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Oh my word," Crowley lapses into vile Latin, clutching his head.

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:36 am
by Mephistophilis
'I'm glad to hear your grasp of the more more vulgar reaches of Latin haven't been affected' laughs Alex.

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It will pass," says Harry. "I'm sorry I had to do that, but you'll thank me later when you don't turn into a monster."

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:15 am
by Starspawn338

"Now what was that you said about chanting?" Butch says when he stops swearing long enough to take a breath.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:57 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley grunts. "Chanting. Tunnel."

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's go down the tunnel," says Harry, leading the way with his revolver at the ready.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:56 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex unslings the fully loaded shotgun and follows.

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:44 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Groaning, Crowley reloads the shotgun then his revolver with slightly shaky hands. "Wait up. Coming. Futuo..."

As soon as he can, he will stagger after his colleagues.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:01 am
by kabukiman
You walk in direction of the tunnel. You notice that the temperature starts slowly dropping but you all start hearing a voice chanting, even if you don't understand the words. After a while you arrive at a great hall full of weird glyphs in the walls; there is a man there with a booklet in his hands and his chanting what it is written. He uses a nazi uniform, and doesn't notice your arrival.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex cocks his head and listens to the words...
Keeper,Alex has the Linguist talent so can identify any language - what is it?

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Since he doesn't know German, Harry waits for Alex to translate the chanting.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:08 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley is not feeling overly generous with the world right now. He is last man to arrive but when he does, he levels his shotgun at the Nazi.

"All right, stop right there Boche! No more chanting, I have a headache."

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 pm
by kabukiman
The german stops immediatly and in panick says:
"Dont shoot, I'm just a linguistic!"

Alex: you never heard nothing like this. Some of the sounds seem actually that they aren't even made to the human mouth and they are just the imitation of what some other creature would made (not saying that the german is not human,but he is trying to imitate non human sounds).

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:08 pm
by Starspawn338
"Dont shoot, I'm just a linguistic!"
"Are you reading from something? Have you written down what is on the walls of this place?" Butch says to the man.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:15 pm
by Mephistophilis
'A linguist? That's curious because I don't recognise what you've been chanting as any known language. What are you up to?' says Alex, In German, levelling his shotgun at the man.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Easy there, fellows," says Harry. "I don't think he's a threat." He speaks to the German. "Were you injured by any of the monsters? I've got some serum that might help."

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 pm
by kabukiman
"No, I'm not hurt. I've come with the other americans and my companions. The leader of your expeditio was sure that the solution was somewhere here and he was rigth! I've managed to decypher this language. Well, a part of it. But he didn't wanted to wait, he said time was urging, and we couldn't risk that Otto would succeded, so they tried to stop him and they lef before I was able to discover this."- he says with frustration.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:42 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Where are the American expedition members now?"

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
"They all went to try to stop the awakening that Otto is trying to do"

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"What is it that you've discovered?" asks Harry.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:02 am
by Starspawn338

Butch will lower his rifle but keep watch as the others question the german. He's disturbed by the talk of an awakening which conjures images of a transformation from human to something other than human but he attempts to put those thoughts from his mind.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:36 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley lowers his shotgun and cautiously approaches the Nazi. "Very well. Show us this book. And what exactly is your chanting trying to accomplish?"

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 pm
by kabukiman
"Well..."-he seems to hesitate a little but then continues "the builders of this city weren't humans. They had a completly alien form, like a star shaped form. They had a hieroglyphic writing that was very obvious and that it is how I was able to decypher it, even if there are some gaps in my knowledge; each symbol means a concept so they have tens of thousands. Of course, I wasn't able to understand how to pronounce the sounds, that was impossible, if they were able to make sounds of any sort. Anyway, I have also some idea of their history. It seems that they came from a very far place, how don't understand yet if it is from another continent or planet" he says as an excuse. "This place was made as a prison to a certain entity and the creatures living here were the guardians. About one milion years ago, they have bring what seems to be a creature related to humans; not our ancestors but another branch of humanity we never heard before. Later the creatures left or extinguish, i don't know, and only the humans survived. They keeped the old writing for respect but they created a simplified version, this glyphs that you see here. I was lucky to find what you coud call several rosetta stone's. About how to spell correctly the sound of the language..." At this moment he sights and then continue:
"I'm Hans Grubberman a professor at the Berlin University, like several other members and we were recruited to this special unit: the pay is good and we have access to a lot of ressources to our investigation; the rest are soldiers from the SS. But I was then presented to Otto. He... was different. He didn't had any formal education, but seemed to know a lot of this place. I think it was him that convinced someone in the SS to create this expedition. Well, after I was able to decypher the writing, he compared with the copy he had from a very old book I never heard before "Liber Ivonis", a latin book, supposely from an ancient antediluvian civilization. As strange as it may seems, as soon as I started to pronounce the words, I somehow knew it was correct. Our group had already joined you americans by this time. But then Otto discovered that in this walls were some formules to control those creatures, at least the weakest, and how to awake whatever entity is being guarded here. Otto vanished and we were attacked immediatly by those creatures. We lost most of our people here and the commander of the americans said that he had to stop Otto. He went with the remaining americans and soldiers and asked me to try to learn the formulas, and then join him, since once I know it, I can help them. I still need one or two hours to be sure about the words, but I can try to teach you"

OOC: Everyone looses 1d6 of san. Everyone gains 1d6 of cthulhu mythos.
If you want to learn the basics of the language, gain 1d6 in Hyperborean (writting and reading). If you want to learn the spell of controlling mutants, loose 1d3 point of san. To use the spell, you spend 4 magic points to control the basic mutant.
To use the spell that keep the entity frozen, you loose 1d10 of sanity and 20 magical points (it may be done by several persons together).

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex stands, his mouth agape. 'You, they, we, what?' He looks over the strange alien language, there is something about it, familiar, compelling. Tracing his hands across the carvings he begins to try and read them, understand the formulae. 'If we can recite this form, this pattern, I believe we could stop him awakening this...this creature.'

OOC:   Rolls: Sanity loss 4+2 (second to learn the spell), Cthulhu Mythos 3%, Hyperborean 3%  

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is somewhat disturbed by these revelations, from which he learned a lot, though he barely understood the strange language.
OOC, My Sanity's getting down there, so I won't use the spell for controlling mutants. I can just kill them, and I'll save my Sanity and MP for the big spell to keep the entity frozen. I think the Sanity cost is for casting the spell, not for learning it.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

SAN loss: 1d6 4

OOC:   Crowley continues to use his talent to trade Luck for SAN.  

Cthulhu Mythos: 1d6 6

Hyperborean: 1d6 6

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:49 am
by Starspawn338

Butch listens with morbid fascination to the explanations, failing to grasp most of what is explained. He does a bit better with the language, enough to know that he doesn't want to let the entity out.

"We must stop Otto if he's going to release a bigger monster than what we've already encountered."

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:43 am
by kabukiman
After this intensive classes, you feel tired but more confident.
"Well, I have teach you all I could in this few hours. I guess we can go now." -He says very reluctant.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's proceed," says Harry. "You probably know the way better than we do."

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Lay on, MacDuff' says Alex.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:03 am
by kabukiman
You all leave this room. You don't see any mutant. After a while you feel a combination of smoke, heat, and the stench of decay smothers your senses as you reach the last step. Spread out in front of you is a large cavern with deeply cracked and crumbling stone columns that seem to barely support a vast ceiling. There are large groups of mutants feeding a steadily growing bonfire in the middle of the room. However, it is not the fire that draws your attention, it is the sight beyond.
A wall of ice chokes the middle of the cavern. Something huge and bulbous pulsates within the confines of its frozen prison—it can only be entity. In front of the wall of ice, you see Professor lake. He is lying on a stone table with a satchel of dynamite strapped to his chest. His arms and legs have been tied to four metal rings at the corners of the table. Mutants shuffle around, rocking from side to side and chanting as they surround the Professor.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:27 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Hmmm, that can't be good," Crowley whispers quietly.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:11 pm
by Mephistophilis

Whispering, Alex mutters a brief prayer then says, 'I do not fancy our chances. As I see it we have three options, in descending order of preference. First we can attempt this ritual to prevent the entity from rising, I will volunteer myself for that but it will take at least one other I think. Second we use those words to try and take control of one of those creatures, perhaps seize the dynamite and throw it in the fire, it gives some little chance to the Professor. Third, we accept the Professor is lost and detonate the explosives by shooting them. I do not hold out much hope for any of them to be honest.'

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's try the ritual," says Harry. "I'll help you with it."

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:29 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Hans, time to do your stuff, say the words and take control of a few of these zombie things. Maybe have them attack the others?"

"While Alex and Harry are carrying out their ritual, you distract a few. I'll try to sneak down to the Prof."

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm
by kabukiman
Hans gulps but agreeds.
He go as near as he can of some mutants and as soon as a group of four notice him, he orders them to attack the other mutants. They seem confused but obey and start pushing and beating the other mutants who look puzzled at them
At that moment a human not mutant appears and go near the wall of ice. He starts chanting and you all understand that he is trying to free the entity; he doesn't seem to have understand what is happening (or care).

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:20 pm
by Mephistophilis
Slowly Alex starts to repeat the words in the alien language, his mouth stumbling over the unnatural sound. As he proceeds he feels the words echoing in his own voice, then inside his head, then, no longer alien words, he understands them, the meaning, the danger...

OOC:   Losing 6 sanity. But unfortunately passing an Intelligence roll. Alex has 19MP he can offer up  

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 am
by Starspawn338
"I guess it's go time." Butch says as he levels his rifle and takes aim at what he presumes is Otto trying to free the entity.

As he squeezes the trigger, he is lucky enough to hit.

OOC:   I will use 2 luck to hit for 12 damage  

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry participates in the ritual, which bends his mind somewhat.
OOC, The two of us should each spend 10 MP. That will allow you to cast the mutant-controlling spell twice. I won't be able to cast it at all, but I don't want to anyway and am more effective with my revolver.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Grimly clutching his shotgun, Crowley tries to sneak down to Prof Lake, away from Butch and his noisy shooting. Crowley tries to keep close to the wall.

Stealth 35%: 1d100 24

OOC:   Success! (If sneaking is possible in the circumstances...)  

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:58 am
by kabukiman
Otto got hurt and his ritual is interrupted. He screams to his followers to "kill the heretics".
They start moving in your direction. Dozens of them.

Crowley:
It will take 2 turns to freed the professor. You just arrived now without anyone noticing you...

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:16 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley slings the shotgun and sets about stealthily freeing the Prof.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, How close are they, and do we know how long it will take to finish our ritual?

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
2 turns.
You cannot do anything else besides chanting.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:33 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex concentrates on the chanting, trying to avoid thinking too hard about what the words mean...

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:37 pm
by kabukiman
Butch is the only one that is free to act. He see dozens of those mutants walkjing in their direction and they will arrive be before his companions can finish the chant...

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:18 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:

"Lake," Crowley whispers as he works, "What can we do to help my friends?"

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:06 pm
by kabukiman
"It's Professor Lake"- he says outraged. Then he continues:
"You must kill that german or even better, find a way to destroy this room and seal it. He killed all my men and even his own people and spared me so I would assist to his victory and be the first meal of his god."

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:44 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch realizes that it is more important to stop the mutants than to kill Otto now that he has disrupted the ritual. He will try to get their attention and lead them away from where Alex and Harry are doing their own ritual. While doing so, he will take out his gasoline blowtorch and fire it up. Hopefully when they get close, they won't like being hit with the flame. Butch brandishes the blowtorch around in front of him to any that get too close.

"Go on you bastard monsters. If you have any shred of humanity in you yet, you'll fight to stop this from happening."

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry continues chanting, glancing pointedly at the explosives in the hopes that Crowley will figure out to use them.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:53 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

OOC:   How far away is Otto the head Nazi?  

"How do I get that explosive off you?" He whispers to Lake.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 am
by kabukiman
"Just cut the rope that is attached tome"

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley pulls out his Gurkha knife and cuts the rope.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:43 pm
by kabukiman
Crowley: you get the dynamite.
Harvey and Alex finish the chant; the wall of ice stops pulsing and Otto screams in frustration. The mutants are all surounding Blutch, expecting a moment of distraction to jump to him...

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Can I shoot at the mutants now?

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

OOC:   Does the dynamite have a fuse or detonator or something?  

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:57 pm
by kabukiman
OOC:
To Mr Handy: yes

To Snapper: a fuse.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 pm
by Mephistophilis
Feeling drained after the ritual, Alex reluctantly turns to the mutants and starts the chant to control one of them. He hopes he can compel it to attack one of the others and cause some confusion.

OOC:   Taking 4MP loss  

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:52 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley pulls out his zippo lighter and lights the fuse, ready to throw the dynamite.

OOC:   Assume that might be 2 actions to light the dynamite then throw it?  

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 pm
by Starspawn338

Having his own extensive experience with dynamite, Butch will keep a watchful eye on Crowley and prepare for the dynamite blast to come. In the meantime, he will continue to keep the mutants back with his torch.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:19 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:52 am Crowley:

Crowley pulls out his zippo lighter and lights the fuse, ready to throw the dynamite.

OOC:   Assume that might be 2 actions to light the dynamite then throw it?  
OOC: Yes. But you will need to roll Throw
Butch and Harry must roll dodge.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:13 am
by Snapper
Crowley:

Crowley lights the dynamite with his zippo then lobs it hopefully into the fire...

Throw 40%: 1d100 78

OOC:   Oops. Fail.  

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   If he can Alex will try and get the mutant he controls to grab the dynamite and run into the others  

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Alex doesn't have time to control a mutant.

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:33 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch does not see where Crowley threw the dynamite as he's more focused on trying to keep the mutants away.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 am
by Mephistophilis
Seeing the dynamite fly askew, Alex backs away to avoid the explosion but still continuing with the spell to try and take control of one of the mutants.

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 am
by kabukiman
https://orokos.com/roll/887633

The dynamite explodes and the blast make you deaf and blind for some seconds; you only feel a hot liquid in your faces... blood from the mutants. When you recover you all full of gore and the mutants are no more. The strange wall of ice wasn't affected by the explosion (maybe it is magic?) but it stopped to pulse. Yet, you notice something alarming: several of the stone columns were destroyed, others are cracking menacing to ruin, and pieces of the ceiling are falling!

Harry and Alex suffer 1 point of damage.
Butch and Crowley suffer 23 points of damage.
If you die, spend all your luck, regain 1d6+1.

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:47 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch is lucky that the mutants shielded him from the deadly effects of the blast. Nevertheless, he is still stunned, deafened and does not quickly realize the danger he is still in.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:01 am
by Mephistophilis
Wiping the blood and ichor from his face, Alex looks up at the crumbling pillars and falling ceiling. 'This place is coming down, we need to run...'

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:27 am
by Snapper
OOC:   I think that dodging death thing needs at least 30 Luck points left and Crowley had been spending Luck madly to avoid going insane. He is at 0 HP and doesn't have enough Luck.

I believe under the Pulp rules, Crowley is now unconscious and dying...  

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's pick up Crowley and go!" shouts Harry. While he can't carry him by himself, he'll do his part to help.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm
by kabukiman
You run to the same entrance you came. Pieces of debris are falling.The german linguistic and the Professor are also running with you.

OOC: All roll navigate (except Crowley).

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch does not know which way to go so he follows the others.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:51 pm
by Mephistophilis
In the falling debris Alex finds himself disorientated.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is disoriented at first, but luckily he manages to go in the right direction.
OOC, I'd better spend 24 Luck to make that a success, or we're all toast.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 am
by kabukiman
You run by long and dark corridors with a vague idea of the exit. After what seems an eternity (with entire rooms colapsing) you see a ligth at the end of a tunnel: you make a last push and finally you arrive at the open air. You are near blinded with the ligth of the sun, and feel dizzy with the fresh air. This is not the same place you entered, but it is not important, you made it. In the ground there is a small stone with an inscription in Hyperborean that says "The cage of Druaga".

OOC: Please make a first aid to Crowley: I'l let you make 2 attempts to revive him.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry tries to save Crowley's life, but without much success.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Let me take a look' says Alex, breaking out the first aid kit. He cuts open Crowley's shirt, his chest is charred and lacerated from the blast. 'This doesn't look good, not good at all' he says, splashing water over the blackened flesh. Crowley is breathing rapidly. 'This should at least relieve the pain' he says and draws up a milky liquid to inject directly into Crowley's vein.

OOC:   First Aid 52%: 1d100 14  

Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:31 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Nice roll!  

Crowley:

Crowley gurgles blood unconsciously.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:02 pm
by kabukiman
You all see what is left from the city that is crumbling until theyre is only stone, ice and snow in a mass that is impossible to distinguish from a natural formation. You have now a long walk to make to return to the base...