The city in the ice

In the coldest and most isolated place on Earth, survival is a hope, not a guarantee. Death and terror shadow your every move, and all paths lead to an ancient city where a horrifying truth lays buried deep beneath the ice.

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: The city in the ice

Post by kabukiman »

Crowley:
The cloths seems recent, from after the war.

"No, I'm not talking about the germans, I'm talking about the others, the weirdos. Look, do you have anything that I can eat that as been cooked? I have only been eating raw meat for some time, and I really want to eat something different."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The name's Harry Smith," says Harry, lowering his revolver. "We haven't run into these weirdos yet, but we'd appreciate anything you can tell us about them. We don't have any cooked food on us, but we can get a fire going. Hope you like pemmican."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Malone does not lower his revolver, 'Too long in the jungle Crowley, and the Lord doesn't mind, he has bigger things to worry about.'

Alex is perturbed by this man appearing in the frozen wastes of Antarctica. 'I will ask you again sir, who are you? What are you doing wandering about in the freezing tunnels, how did you get here? And how have you survived?' He doesn't articulate out loud but Alex is worried about exactly what kind of 'uncooked meat' this man has been chewing on.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Is there some reason you haven't gone into the warmth?" Butch says to the man. "Do you know why a man would rather freeze to death than start a fire?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Don't make a fire, it will bring the others here!"- he says in panic. Then:
"Well, after spending all this time eating raw fish and penguins, it's not so bad. My name is Olaf, I came to America with 3 years old, with my family from Norway and I was raised in Boston; my father was a fisherman and I followed his steps. Latter I joined a whaler. Well, in the last expeditioon, the weather was very hot. So we had to travell to the south at a much bigger distances than the usual. And suddenly we found that the much of the ice of the coast of Antarctica had melted and there was actually a river. My captain said it was an unique oportunity and we sailed to the interior of the continent. But he started to act more and more strange, like if he was actually knowing where we were going; the crew was getting unrestead by this time. We finally arrived at this ruins. The captain said this place would be full of treasures and convince us to go. There was an entrance big enouth to allow the ship to enter and we did; We docked in a lake inside the city and the captain left with most of the crew to explore it. We waited for several days and we were starting to think to leave this place when we finally saw them. Most of us left the boat to join them, but I notice that something was wrong even if I couldn't understand what exactly. Well, they attacked our companions and captured them. We were just 3 in the ship and we try to resist but we were unable; I jumped to the waters when I saw my last friend being captured. I managed to escape and have been living in this tunnels since. I saw some days ago a group of americans and another of germans. They were discussing and were angry, but I don't know what they were talking about. Suddenly my former companions appeared and both groups started to shoot themselves; When they understood the mistake part was dead and still suspicious so they run to diferent tunnels. So the weirdos captured the people that was wounded and I escaped too. Now the food please?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley:

Crowley searches his pockets for some rations to share.

"So, there are three groups? Americans, Germans and your former shipmates, who are now acting strangely. Is that right? And the Americans and Germans seemed to be cooperating? At least for a while."
OOC:   Does Crowley remember anything about a Boston whaler going missing three years earlier?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What did the weirdos look like?" asks Harry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Alex narrows his eyes and glares at the man. Something about this story sounds off.
Alex Psychology 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Damn it!  
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Okay, we won't start a fire." Butch will fish around in his pack for some beef jerky and will hand the man some. "How were you able to dry off and not freeze to death without a fire when you jumped in the water?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You all see his eyes shine when he sees the beef. He is eating with his eyes closed with a big smile, like if it was the best meal in the world. Then he answers.

"I almost did, with a cold. But latter I returned to the ship, to see if they were still there. Well, they weren't. They had rob the weapons and fuel, but had left cloths. I changed my cloths, make a nice warm fire to get warm, and then I heard some noise: a group of them had appeared and entered the ship, I managed to escape without getting weat, because they aren't very inteligent and didn't leave guards at the exit of the ship. Anyway, in another place I decide to make a fire and watch from some distance and they appeared some time latter. Don't ask me how they do that."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They must be able to sense heat somehow," says Harry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"You asked me how they look. They look as if they had some kind of skin disease and they walk like if they were drunk. And their personality change: they don't seem to recognize anyone like if they had the rabid. It's dificult to explain."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley:

Crowley grunts at this unpleasant description. "Rabid lepers. Wonderful."

"Do you know where the three groups are? Particularly the American party who arrived very recently."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"I don't know about the americans. I only know where one of the germans is, but the kid is half crazy, he shoots everything on sight,"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then it's best we avoid him, if we can," says Harry. "Where is he, so we know where not to go?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"It is in a hall that gives acess to a tunnel that everyone wanted to explore. That's why they started to figth, each group wanted to get there first."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'This German, he's a bit crazy but not one of the weirdos? Is that right? Perhaps we could talk to him, I speak a little German' says Alex.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It won't be easy to get close enough without him opening fire," says Harry, "but we may have to go that way anyhow to get to what everyone wants to see."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley:

"All in all, we might actually learn something from this lone Boche. And it sounds like the right path to follow."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"It's settled. Let's be off." Butch chimes in. Then looking at the Olaf, he continues, "So what are you going to do now?"

Return to “Hollow Earth Expedition II: Frozen City of Terror”