IC - 21 - A New Day is Dawning - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

IC - 21 - A New Day is Dawning - Everyone

Post by Mephistophilis »

9am Sunday 14th March 2010, High Wycombe Police Station

One day since Regina Balfour was rescued.

After returning home and to their hotel rooms, Kris, Jocelyn, and Simon fall easily into a deep sleep which is refreshing and thankfully dreamless.

Waking in the morning, a little later than they had become used to, all three feel much calmer than they have in recent days, more relaxed, more content with the world. Looking blearily into the mirror they all find their skin to be healing and on its way to returning to normal, bar a few slight patches of erythema.

Driving into the station it feels like it is going to be a good day.

-----

Once they arrive at High Wycombe Station it is a surprising hive of activity for a Sunday. In the incident room DI Malone is already there, and he doesn't look pleased. Seeing the three arrive he shouts over to them, 'Glad you could finally make it. This case isn't over. Not by a long chalk.'

He shows them a fingerprint analysis on the computer. It shows that the handgun they retrieved from the church is a match for John Allen, AKA Johnny Zero. 'I can bring Balfour in as a witness but you can't tie this to him.' He gestures to the corner of the room where an awkward looking man in a suit is standing. He comes over. 'This is Mr Patel, he's from Legal Services, tell them what you've told me.'

The man seems rather hesitant but eventually he spits out, 'Yes, well, we've received this...' he places a photocopied document on the table, from what is legible on the first page it looks like some kind of court order. 'The long and the short of it is that unless you find overwhelming evidence of harm to young Miss Balfour, she is to be released into the custody of her parents within twenty four hours.'
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC - 21 - A New Day is Dawning - Everyone

Post by Mephistophilis »

I think both Jocelyn and Simon have taken major wounds. I'll give you a chance to regain some HP - roll CON - a success and you gain 1d3 HP. Extreme gives you 2d3 and erases the major wound, otherwise you need to get back to above 50% of your max HP to recover from the major wound.

Also roll to regain some Luck. Roll Luck and if you fail gain 1d10 Luck.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We need to bring in Johnny Zero and get him to turn over on Balfour," says Jocelyn. "Any information on his whereabouts?"

CON roll (65% stat):
d%
Healing:
1d6
Divided by 2, that gives me 2 HP back, taking me to 10/12.

Luck roll (35% stat):
d%
Luck increase:
1d10
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Luck 46 1d100

1d10

Simon's good mood fades quickly upon hearing this.

"For God's sake, a gun was being stored within the church! You can't tell me Balfour had no idea it was there. We also have some evidence that a symbol on the altar is connected to a cult over in Africa purported to practice human sacrifice.

"Regardless, Jocelyn is correct-- our best lead is to bring Mr. ah, Zero in and hope we can persuade him to flip. I'd recommend allowing us to do any interrogation of him-- we helped to rescue Regina and that may serve to convince him we possess God's favour or some such nonsense."

Con 60 1d100

1d6 halved, so 1. Well no major wound at least.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'This Johnny Zero was identified as being a suspect in a break in at George Lewiston's house on Friday. We haven't managed to pick him up yet' says Malone.

'Well if John...Zero is your man I suggest focusing your efforts on him' sniffs Patel. 'As to lurid African cults and the Reverend Balfour I'm afraid it's just this sort of allegation that has got his solicitor making accusations of racism that we can't afford to ignore. Not after the last incident that led to your suspension Constable, um, Sapru isn't it?'

Malone frowns, 'I haven't even squared that with Deputy Chief Constable Habgood yet. If DS Bates were her usual self you wouldn't even be still working this case' says Malone. 'Still, good work on finding the girl and all that.'

'So focus on finding Mr Zero, we have an address in Wycombe you can check out. Also, we will be interviewing Regina with someone from social services, I don't know whether one of you thinks it would be helpful to join.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That could be important too," says Jocelyn. "Perhaps one of us should sit in on the interview. Regina won't think ill of her father, but maybe she observed him with Johnny Zero or overheard them talking at some point. Now that we know what to ask her, those questions will need to be asked. The rest of us should check out his place in Wycombe."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'm not the best at dealing with children," Simon grudgingly admits. "But I'd probably have more use there than I would poking around Mr. Zero's abode . Unless one of you believe you'd be better at it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I think you're the best suited for the interview," says Jocelyn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

What's Kris doing?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Sorry, been a busy week.

Kris remembered hearing the name. ”Let’s head over to Wycombe and see if we can pick him up.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sorry, been a busy week
Tell me about it!

So Kris and Jocelyn are moving here.

Simon is moving here.

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”