IC - 18 - Siege - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC - 18 - Siege - Everyone

Post by Mephistophilis »

Lindsay has no phone..post amended
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"If you requires any assistance I am happy to lend my expertise," says Simon on the matter of interviewing Regina. "Or her parents for that matter. Given how Reverend Balfour acted the last time I seem to be able to get under his skin. We may be able to get a reaction from him."

He looks towards Jocelyn. "I understand your desire to continue working, but it will probably take a few hours to get the warrants we need to search the Balfour's. I suggest you get checked out while we wait."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks, I'll do that," says Jocelyn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

While Kris was looking for the non-existent phone, did he find anything else of interest?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Putting the lights on full and searching the hotel room as best he can, Kris can't find a phone. There's a DVD player and a stash of children's DVDs. Various prepackaged junk food, some sedative over-the-counter medication, lots of cans (both empty and full) of energy drinks. And of course a Gideon Bible under her pillow, open face down to Exodus 11-12.

While Jocelyn goes to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford with the ambulance crew, Kris, Simon, and Bates drive back to the police station in High Wycombe to make copies of the DVDs, prepare their reports, and secure a warrant for the Balfour church. Regina is also taken to the hospital.

We won't roleplay the hospital scene so everyone will meet up in the station in a few hours. Jocelyn gain 1 HP for treatment in hospital. Simon, let me know, is he still taking his medication?

Medicine 60%: 1d100 24 Heal 1d3: 1d3 1
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn also forwards her report to MI5, giving the facts of what Lindsay said and summarizing the contents of the DVDs, and letting them know that Balfour has selected Tuesday night for the apocalypse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon had encountered a terrifying sight in the motel room and in watching the DVD's, but he knows it was all carefully constructed by Balfour and his church. Still, he is now fully convinced that the man seeks to unleash a terrorist attack he views as the start of bringing about the end times-- and with the advanced CGI and materials he had to have access to, not to mention the hints of chemical warfare the group had already experienced, he had no doubt the attack would be devastating. He spends the time waiting for the warrant pacing about, ranting to Bates whenever he can about the danger John poses and the need to keep Regina away from him. The medicine would only slow him down, and it's not as though he needs chemical help to maintain rationality. He does not take it.

"Do we know how big Balfour's church membership is?" He asks Kris. "I recall you saying that Mrs. Balfour was speaking to someone on the phone saying they needed to change something. It's safe to assume most of them are dedicated to whatever mad plot the good reverend's cooked up, especially with the kind of technology they are using to sell it."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”I’m not sure,” replied Kris. The church had looked busy on the video they had watched but he wasn’t in a hurry to watch it again to confirm that. “You could check the church website, but they’re unlikely to show pictures of a half-empty church - hardly good advertising.”

He turned to DS Bates. “When we called to the house, Mrs Balfour was talking to someone about changing their plans, so someone else obviously knows what they’re planning to do. If we could get a warrant to access her phone records, we might be able to find who that is and put pressure on them to tell us what Balfour’s up to.”

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”