IC -17 - Day 3 - Simon

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC -17 - Day 3 - Simon

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I heard about hailstorm earlier, the weather presenter said it was the worst one ever been recorded in this part of the country. How on could this Balfour manage to cause such a thing?' asks Dr Hussein.

Leaning forward, Dr Chaudhury gives a patronising smile and says, 'And how do we get hold of your spy friend, the one who sees angels?'
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I don't know!" Simon insists. "I'm not a meteorologist. But if it was centered in a small area maybe it was the product of some sort of weather modification machine. I've heard theories of such. Never put much stock in them, but between the idea of that and some supernatural occurrence I know which one I'd favor.

He glares at Chaudhury but gives Jocelyn's number. "If she backs up my story-- including seeing the angel-- will you finally understand I'm entirely within my facilities? I recognize the story seems quite fantastical but I bore witness to it all. And I'm guessing there were other witnesses as well. Something like an angelic sighting would have more than a few witnesses, or should. "
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

A sad look flashes across Dr Hussein's face, 'Weather machines and supernatural events, that all very dramatic. Perhaps there's more straightforward explanation?'

Cutting in Dr Choudhury spits, 'I think we all know what is going on here. Dr Eagleton, you're stressed, you're mentally ill, and you're seeing things that aren't there! Are you willing to seek help or are we going to have to arrange an involuntary hospital stay?'
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I am aware how all this sounds, yes. But I know what I saw. Everything about this case is off. and I'm not the only one who's noticed it. Talk to Jocelyn, she'll confirm it. And none o fit is supernatural," he insists with frustration; "magic and angels don't exist, though there are those who use the imagery, have always used it, to gain power and influence. That's what I believe is going on here; Balfour is running a doomsday cult!"

Choudhury's words push Simon over the edge, and he points at the man. "You are a sorry excuse for a doctor. I have no need of your treatment. I am one of the few people who stands between London and a terrorist attack the like of which has never been seen in modern times; if you throw me in a cell I sincerely hope you can live with yourself afterwards." He sniffs.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Dr Choudhury sits back, a satisfied smile on his face, like he's proved his point. The social worker Clive comes over, he says 'That Jocelyn Leigh is on her way, she'll be here soon, can I have a word doctors?'

The two doctors and Clive retreat to the nurses station and appear to be engaged in a rather heated exchange. Simon can't hear what they're saying but Dr Choudhury and Clive seem to be at loggerheads, while Dr Hussein looks to be trying to mediate between them.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon tries to hear what the men are saying unobtrusively. But it's too far away, and he doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

Listen 30%: 1d100 51
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

The young psychiatric nurse Rachel appears from the reception area. With her, Simon can see Jocelyn. She looks very concerned as she approaches the arguing social worker and psychiatrists.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

At this Simon perks up, sure he will very soon be freed from this humiliation. He's looking forward to telling Choudhury off for thinking he was crazy as well. The thought makes him smile.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jocelyn and the nurse don't interrupt the the two doctors and Clive, instead they are standing there discussing something. While Dr Choudhury and Clive continue to argue, Dr Hussein returns to Simon again.

In his soft voice he says 'Dr Eagleton, Simon if I may? You need to meet us halfway. I understand that that you are involved in some kind of investigation but we worried that you are showing some signs of mental illness, significant signs like paranoia. I need you to tell me that you will get some help when this is over, and...' he passes Simon a medication box, it says 'Solian (amisulpride) 200mg tablets', 'Take these twice a day until you get seen.'
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Of course. I realize what I'm saying must sound farfetched," Simon nods. "But I'd stake my professional reputation on it. All the same, if it puts you at ease and helps me get back to work, I'll be happy to take the medication and followup with a doctor once this entire mess is over with."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Dr Hussein opens the packet of medication, presses a tablet out of the blister pack, and hands it to Simon, producing a plastic cup of water. He stands there looking expectantly at Simon.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon reluctantly takes the pill and swallows, sticking out his tongue so Dr Hussein could see. He feels like a child, but it's a small price to pay for freedom.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Dr Hussein claps Simon on the back, 'Good man. Come with me' and he leads Simon over to Dr Chaudhury and Clive, Jocelyn and the nurse have joined them.

OOC:   Moving here.  

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”