IC - 16 - Day 3 - Simon and Jocelyn

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC - 16 - Day 3 - Simon and Jocelyn

Post by Mephistophilis »

As Bates and Jocelyn make their way towards the pedestrian entrance to A&E, trying to keep out of sight of the GNS news crew, Jocelyn receives a phone call.

Answering it, there is a man on the end of the line, he sounds nervous. 'Hello, is that Jocelyn Leigh? I was given your number by Detective Sapru. My name is Clive Massey, I'm an approved mental health professional. Do you know a Simon Eagleton?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes," replies Jocelyn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Well, I'm here with him at the hospital. He's been through a few things. Some kind of car crash, and then he was attacked by someone, and now there have been some concerns raised about his state of mind. He seems to think a Mr Balfour has been controlling the weather and is engaged in some kind of terrorist plot. You can understand we're quite worried about him but DC Sapru has said that what he's saying isn't entirely delusional. Is that right?.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's correct," says Jocelyn. "Naturally I cannot discuss the details with you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Clive sighs down the phone, 'Yes, well, that's as maybe, but we need to decide whether to detain Dr Eagleton under the Mental Health Act for treatment. Would you be available to come to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading to pick him up, and ensure he gets treatment?'
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

While she is talking to Clive, Jocelyn's phone beeps, it is a text message from Kris.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm actually just arriving there now," says Jocelyn. "I have something urgent to attend to first, but I'll be there to pick him up as soon as I can. Where in the hospital are you?" She checks the text while she waits for a response, presuming she can do so while still holding the conversation.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'We're in A&E' says Clive.

Looking at the text message from Kris, it says 'Lindsay Peale at Royal Oxford Hotel, Oxford. Armed standoff. Think she has the girl'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hold on," says Jocelyn. She turns to DS Bates and shows her the text. "Simon Eagleton is right here at A&E," she says. "I think we can really use him for this. We can pick him up and then hit the road."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Reading the text message Bates raises her eyebrows in surprise, 'What the hell has Kris been up to?' She shrugs, 'I can bollock him later. I'd forgotten about Simon, pick him up and we'll get over to Oxford ASAP.'

She steps away and gets back on the phone, presumably ringing the control room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm on my way inside now," says Jocelyn into the phone as she enters A&E.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bates remains outside on the phone. Entering the Emergency Department, Jocelyn introduces herself to the receptionist. She calls in a young woman, in a skirt and blouse rather than scrubs, who introduces herself as Rachel, a psychiatric nurse.

'We're quite worried about Dr Eagleton, he's having a Mental Health Act assessment to see if he needs to be admitted to hospital involuntarily.'

Once inside the clinical area of the Emergency Department, Jocelyn sees Simon sitting alone in a cubicle with two burly looking security guards standing outside. At the nurses' station a little distance away she can see three men engaged in a heated argument. One is a nervous looking white man in his late thirties, he is dressed like a geography teacher with a corduroy jacket and checked shirt. Beside him stands a rather short south Asian man, he is aged somewhere between his thirties and early fifties, impeccably dressed in a pinstripe suit and carrying a short cane. These two men seem to be at loggerheads, gesticulating and pointing fingers. There is a third, bear of a man, well over six foot tall in a crumpled and ill-fitting suit, he looks to be in his fifties and has olive skin with a five o'clock shadow and thinning dark hair on his head. He seems to be trying to interpose himself between the other two men, with calming and placatory gestures.

The nurse indicates the white man and says, 'That's Clive, he's the AMHP for the Mental Health Act assessment. The other two are the doctors, the short one is Dr Choudhury, the tall one Dr Hussein. I don't think they can agree on what to do with Dr Eagleton.'
OOC,If you like you can roll Listen to heat what they're saying
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn is unable to overhear the doctors due to the background noise. "Thank you, Rachel," says Jocelyn to the nurse. "I spoke to Clive on the phone. What is it that the two doctors want to do?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Rachel wrinkles her brow, 'What I think is going on is that Dr Choudhury wants to admit Mr Eagleton to hospital for further assessment while Clive thinks he should be given the chance to be treated in the community. I'm not sure what Dr Hussein thinks.'

As she says this, Dr Hussein leaves the other two arguing and approaches Simon.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree with Clive," says Jocelyn. "I came here to take Dr. Eagleton out of here. You know the doctors better than I do. Do you know how best to get them to agree?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Well I suppose if Mr Eagleton would agree to get treatment, that would be a start, they might want him to start some medication until he is seen by a doctor back in London. And if there is someone responsible who could keep an eye on him until then, I think that would help.'
OOC,You could roll Law for some extra information
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Rachel," says Jocelyn, who doesn't know enough about the Mental Health Act. "I'll be responsible for him." She approaches Simon and the medical people speaking to him, her identification in hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Ah, Officer Leigh, thank you for coming' says Dr Hussein. 'Dr Eagleton here has been under some strain but I think we reached understanding, yes?' He looks at Simon.

Dr Chaudhury seems to be quietly fuming while Clive appears very relieved. 'Well, I'm glad that's all sorted out. Miss Leigh, please take care of Mr Eagleton, make sure he sees a doctor once all this...' He waves his hand around in the air. '...business is over.'
Simon,Does Simon intend to take the medication as advised going forward or not?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," Jocelyn says to Clive. "It's been stressful for all of us. I'll take good care of him, and I'll make sure he sees a doctor." I may need one myself, she thinks. She speaks to Simon. "Let's go. Our ride's right outside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I believe we have Dr. Hussein," Simon smiles brightly, shaking the man's hand. "I'll be sure to follow up. I thank you for your professionalism." His eyes drift briefly towards Chaudhury, but he decides not to press his luck.

"So glad to see you," He tells Jocelyn once they're out of earshot. "They wanted to commit me when I told them about Balfour and the manipulations he was performing to make it look as though it's the end of the world. Utter foolishness."
Keeper, For now I think Simon would, but if he catches Balfour planning an attack and can prove it he'll stop, confident him being proven right would prove he's not crazy.

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”