IC - 16 - Day 3 - Kris

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC - 16 - Day 3 - Kris

Post by Philulhu »

Kris scowled angrily at PC Grey and motioned to him to shut up. He wanted to keep Lindsay talking and her knowing other police were here wouldn’t help.

”I can’t go, Lindsay,” he said. “It’s my job. I can’t just walk away but keep talking to me, please! I need to know what we can do to stop Balfour!”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

PC Grey comes nearer, continuing to talk in a raised voice, 'Come on Kris, back out to the cordon, we've got this.'
OOC,Kris will need to use a social skill (Charm/Persuade/Fast Talk/Intimidate etc) to get Grey to back off, make a roll and post some appropriate dialogue
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC, Curses... ... https://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVerifier?RID=17c8e551-bf3a-42df-add6-fb17ede0e337
”She’s armed and she’s got a young girl in there, Olly,” snapped Kris. “I’m trying to keep her calm so please back away. I’ve got this under control.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'She's armed, and that's precisely why you need to leave it to us' says Ollie.
OOC,Wanna push it? I suspect Ollie might get a bit loud and throw his weight around if you fail
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC, Oh yes... https://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVerifier?RID=99fbd2f1-4602-408b-8457-ff604888fc43
”Police Constable Grey - move back and wait until I say otherwise!” snapped Kris. “It’s my case so follow my lead, if you don’t mind!”

Kris held his ground until Olly moved back, then took a deep breath and straightened his jacket. Lindsay - it’s getting crowded out here and I dare say my boss will be here shortly. At that point, I’ll be banished because I sussed Balfour was up to something and he got me kicked off the case. If you want to say something to the one person who might listen to you and take you seriously, now’s the time.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Lindsay talks quietly behind the door so only Kris can hear. 'You need to keep Regina away from her father, from that whole church, until after Tuesday. They want to hurt her, they think...they believe her sacrifice will spare them from the end of the world. That she will be resurrected by the Passover Angel. That's what my uncle George and me were protecting her from last time. Now, now I think it's something bigger...' She trails off into silence.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”If you can hold them off for 48 hours, you might stop them this time,” said Kris quietly. “But what’s to stop them trying again? Or is this Passover Angel going to happen regardless?”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I don't know why it has to be Tuesday, how they pick the dates, but I know what they want Regina for and they can't have her. Not this time. Not while I've got anything to do with it.'
OOC,Try a hard Persuade to get her tell you more
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”If I’m going to try to stop Balfour, I’m going to need more than that, Lindsay!” said Kris urgently.
OOC, Nope... ... https://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVerifier?RID=21f2885e-2eda-44c7-b878-7d4ff6bbfff4
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'You can't stop Balfour, no one can stop him. All we can do is protect Regina...Oh, you can't understand, no one can understand, if you haven't seen...' hisses Lindsay.

PC Babcock approaches Kris and puts his hand on his shoulder. He leans across and whispers into his ear, 'DS Bates is here, she wants a debrief now.'

He is carrying a heavy duty radio handset, it looks like an encrypted radio, like a standard police radio but designed for use with only one other handset. Presumably this is for communicating with Lindsay.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris took the radio from Babcock. Carefully approaching the door, he put the radio on the floor and retreated. Lindsay - I’ve put a radio by the door so they can talk to you. Make sure that Regina’s ok, right? I’ve got to go and talk to my boss now but I’ll try to come back if I can.” He knew that was pretty unlikely, but he didn’t see any gain in saying otherwise.

He took a deep breath and stepped backwards. He looked at Babcock and sighed. “Where’s DS Bates?” he asked.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC:   We're moving here  

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”