IC - 15 - The Station Out of Hours - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - 15 - The Station Out of Hours - Everyone

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn listens politely, leaving it to Kris's judgment how much information to share with the Balfours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

John Balfour looks somewhat troubled, 'Yes, yes Zac Newman as he called himself was a member of our church for several years. As I told you before, he joined around...three, yes three years ago. He was quite an active member. He partook in all the church activities. That's why it was such a shock when he left so suddenly, and when we found that his address was some kind of front, an abandoned office building. I didn't know him very well myself but Sarah would have spent some time with him.'

Sarah Balfour starts to speak, 'I coordinate some of our charitable and outreach activities. Zac volunteered to help out quite a lot, particularly our work with disadvantaged youths. He was always such a polite and kind man. I can't understand what he would want with Regina. I just don't understand...' she breaks off sobbing.
Jocelyn,It seems to Jocelyn that both Mr and Mrs Balfour are telling the truth as they see it, they seem genuinely shocked that Newman would have done this, but there is an undercurrent that suggests there is something more they're not saying
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If there's anything you haven't mentioned about him, even if it doesn't seem significant to you, please tell us," says Jocelyn. "It could be the key to finding your daughter. Do you know anything about his family or associates, for instance?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

John Balfour looks to his wife, 'Well, it's funny you should say that, I'm not sure I really knew very much about him now I think about it. He mentioned a daughter and I had the impression his wife had died. As to associates, I'm afraid I don't have any idea, he was closer to John, John Allen, another of our parishioners who does youth outreach work, but I know John doesn't know where he is, it was John who went to check on his address when we were worried about him' she says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He did have a daughter, that much is true," says Jocelyn. "We've already spoken to her. We should speak to John Allen too. He may know more than he realizes. Do you have his contact information?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sarah Balfour digs out a little notebook and finds John Allen's phone number and address.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”So what was Zac’s relationship with Regina like? Did he have much to do with her? Did she get involved in any of the church’s activities?” asked Kris.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon keeps quiet for now, thinking his colleagues are asking the right questions.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sarah Balfour answers, 'As I said, he engaged with some of our youth outreach work, he attended some of our study groups, he may have even been in our home...' She chokes up but gathers herself after a few seconds. 'He attended services at the church, did some occasional fundraising work, helped with a bit of maintenance on the church building. I think that's about it. He will have met Regina but I wouldn't say they had much of a relationship...why? I mean...what do you think his motive is?' Her voice rises, 'What does he want with her?' As she asks this John Balfour noticeably tenses up in his seat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We don't believe he or his accomplice intend her harm," says Jocelyn. "We think that in their minds, they believed that by taking her they were protecting her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Protecting her from what?' asks Mrs Balfour. 'And who is his accomplice?' asks Rev Balfour.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn looks at Kris, unsure whether or not he wants to divulge this information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”We’re still working on the identity of his accomplice,” said Kris, with a straight face.

He looked at Mrs Balfour. ”What is your plan?” he asked. He flicked a glance at Mr Balfour to see if he reacted.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I'm not quite sure what you mean' says Mrs Balfour. Glancing across at Mr Balfour his face is a mask.
Keeper rolls,Psychology 60% 0
'Detective Sapru' says John Balfour, 'why are you witholding the identity of Zac's accomplice?'
OOC,Those who haven't rolled Psychology can give it a go - need a hard success. If anyone has Psychoanalysis they could also give that a roll instead, regular success needed
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris ignored John Balfour’s question, being solely focussed on Sarah Balfour. ”You were taking on your phone when I came to the front door. You said that you would “...have to make other plans...” and “...go ahead as arranged...”

He paused to let that sink in. He sat forward looked at her carefully. ”What did you mean by that, Sarah? And who was it you were talking to?”
OOC,Psychology (30%) - 0 I don’t think I made it... :(
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon leans forward, scanning the Balfour's for any hints of... something.
Psychoanalysis 52%,0
Seeing the situation gets tense, he clears his throat and attempts to defuse it. "Perhaps a public appeal should be considered, mind I'm just a consultant. Do you have any tea?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris frowned at Simon. He was trying to put pressure on Sarah Balfour, trying to get her to crack. He didn’t want any distractions.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sarah Balfour looks shocked, 'What? You were spying on me?' she looks to her husband, 'What is the meaning of this?' he asks, his voice taking on an edge of menace.
Simon,The Balfours seem genuinely shocked and confused by the accusation, but there was something in John Balfour's expression, the way his eyes widened and his breath quickened, that suggests there was something in what Kris said that frightened him
Kris,The Balfours seem genuinely shocked and confused by the accusation, roll Intimidate with a bonus die to see if you've shaken them
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Intimidate (15%) - 0 Bonus dice - 1 Remind me, can I spend Luck?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,I believe you can. :)
Simon watches the events, noting the reaction.

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”