Investigator Notes

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Investigator Notes

Post by Mephistophilis »

A thread for investigators to organise any notes they have made on the search for Regina Balfour.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Investigator Notes

Post by Philulhu »

Kris’ notes, in no particular order. I’ve tried to pull them together as best I can, based upon what Kris has been privy to. Things yet to be followed up are in italics.

DI George Lewiston aka Zac Newman

Special Branch, Retired.

Snatched Regina from her mother then committed suicide.

In his 60s, dyed hair & beard black (normally blonde/grey). Fingerprints burned off with acid. White shirt, brown trousers, grey jacket.

Address given to the church was an abandoned office building?

At his home address - neighbours not spoken to, other than the woman feeding the cat. No other property owned.

Broken hard drive - MI5 were to pick up and examine. Update: nothing recovered.

Regularly attends The Happy Cafe. Update: When last there, he had to pay with a credit card, as he had no cash. The card was linked to a hire car picked up by Lindsay which cannot now be traced.

In his car is receipt for snack bars, energy drinks, children’s dvds m, energy drinks & several bottles of Night Nurse (sedative properties).

Had been diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer. Also had lice/unidentifiable skin condition. When was he diagnosed?

Withdrew £2k cash on Tuesday. All bills paid.

Nothing in his computer, phone or email records. Lots of calls to Lindsay Peale.

Nicole Brown (nee Lewiston)

Daughter of George Lewiston. Lives in Piddington. Last saw her father a few days previously.

Nicole & Lindsay exchanged emails - what about? What email address?

Lewiston wrote to Nicole. The letter was addressed to people trying to profile him, telling them to go home. Just go home & not to give Regina back to Balfours. “They are dangerous & insane.”

Lindsay Peale

White Vauxhall Astra Hatchback - false plates. Last seen Beaconsfield Services at 7pm (M40, towards London). Switched to her proper plates again. Heading down M25 past Uxbridge (Thursday 8.15pm). Where is it now?

Social worker - previous case involving Balfours. Regina taken into care but released by court. Lindsay reprimanded.

Neighbour called her mobile - out of service. Sent an email but nothing came back. Check phone number & email address.

Flat in Aylesbury. No other property owned. Did SOCO find anything? Nothing found.

Her phone not used since Thursday morning. No evidence of another phone purchased.

John Balfour

Pastor at the Church of the Passover Angel. On MI5 extremism watchlist. Links with anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and anti-Catholic groups.

Old Testament beliefs, end times are near. Tuesday, at sunset.

Had a revelatory experience in Kenya. Affiliated to The Red Trumpet, who also predict end of the world at the same time.

Owns a Blue Lexus RX SUV.

Sarah Balfour

Wife of above.

Spoke to a friend on the phone and overheard by Kris discussing a plan, which would still go ahead.

Book of the Passover Angel

Something strange about the typesetting and orthography. Likely to be a code.

Missing Exodus 11:6. God will purge the wicked again - the plagues were not one-time events.

Star charts & mathematical drawings (28 Sept 2020 - 22:50).

Church of the Passover Angel

John ‘Johnny Zero’ Allen (gang member/drugs/possession of firearm) - contact address at the church. Met Police say he got out of gangs when he found God. Sarah Balfour said he was friends with Zac/George and provided his name and address.

Suspected of breaking into George Lewiston’s house. Man matching his description (with snake tattoo on his neck) seen by neighbours.

Witnesses to the Abduction

What did they say? Reports available, if required.

Social Services

Roxanna Goldfarb - Manager. Lindsay didn’t turn into work or answer her phone.

Also had a call from a concerned colleague - Annette? Annette says she found Lindsay sobbing & distraught in the bathroom earlier in the week but she wouldn’t say why.

Not much in the Balfour file. Anything in any of the others?

Emails - nothing of note except for email from George Lewiston three years ago.

IP addresses from Google. Accessed at Bucks CC, Lewiston & Peale’s phones & internet service providers. Suggests George had access to her email also?

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Philulhu on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Great work Philulhu, I really appreciate it! Nothing really stands out to me so far, but it will be nice to have this as a catalog of our clues. Seem like we have the police investigating a few other things, hopefully one of them gets us a new lead.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Thanks, it made for a late night, last night, but it did highlight some areas we hadn’t followed up :)
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Thought it would be helpful to make some clarifications where I think the investigators might have concluded different things from the clues (i.e. where I've been unclear).

You did hear about what the witnesses in the shopping centre said: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 26#p237726 but you could go over the written statements taken by the uniformed officers if you want.

The ANPR picked up the car on the M25 near Uxbridge but it wasn't Friday lunchtime (see here https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... ge#p240960). If they check the exact time they will find it was around 8.15pm Thursday night.

The letter to Nicole is a confusing one (in the link above), I've seen others interpret it the way you do but I'd take another look and think about who the message is really for. I think it is worded badly, sorry, I reproduced it straight from the scenario.

Hard drive - again, above link. MI5 had no joy, it doesn't say it explicitly above but they got nothing.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Thanks, I’ve updated my notes accordingly. The letter to Nicole is confusing but it seems the message is for those investigating events (unless I’ve got that wrong again...)
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

That's how I read it, a letter for the investigators to warn them off.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maybe we could communicate with Lindsey by sending emails to her account, if she's still checking it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

We could also try to trace her car again. She's probably not using it anymore, but did she ditch it? Hide it somewhere? And if so, what's she using now? Maybe check the area and see if any vehicles were reported stolen in the time frame she'd have been there.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

I’ve updated a few details above, based on Kris’ chat with DS Bates.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

I’ve updated the notes with a few of the things we have found i.e. Lewiston’s credit card, the hire car and Sarah Balfour’s ‘plan’.

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”