IC - 10 - Holiday Inn - Jocelyn

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

IC - 10 - Holiday Inn - Jocelyn

Post by Mephistophilis »

7am Friday 12th March 2010, Holiday Inn, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Over twelve hours since Regina Balfour was abducted.

After Kris drops her at the Wycombe Police Station, DS Bates finds Jocelyn a change of clothes. She drives to the Holiday Inn and takes a room.

As she lies on the bed and starts to drop off her phone rings, it is Giles Munro, 'Jocelyn, darling, I hope I haven't woken you, thought I'd wait until morning before giving you a ring, let you catch up in your beauty sleep after your late night.'

Jocelyn groans inwardly.

'Anyway, you wanted some information on this Lewiston fellow. Not much to say I'm afraid, talked to some fellows in Scotland Yard, he was well respected, still did some civilian consulting for them. No one can explain why he might have got mixed up in this business.'

He continues, 'I've also found out what triggered the watchlist for the good reverend. Something supplied to us by those rogues in the Secret Intelligence Service. Seems MI6 had noticed Mr Balfour making frequent trips to Kenya. They suspect he might be providing material support to a Kenyan based political group known as the Red Trumpet. Some indigenous ethnic isolate in an interior part of Kenya that is not under the effective control of the government there. Apparently Balfour spent a year there on a religious outreach mission on behalf of a fundamentalist church about fifteen years ago, when he was at university.

The church also seems to receive surprisingly large donations, totalling up to a million pounds a year, but they still publish their returns through the Charity Commission so I doubt there's anything sinister there.'

He finishes by saying 'I hope it was helpful for your investigations but frankly I can't quite see the relevance of the Kenya angle myself. Speak soon sweetie.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - 10 - Holiday Inn - Jocelyn

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, that may be helpful," says Jocelyn. "I'll pass it along to the rest of the team. You didn't wake me. As it happens, I haven't actually gone to sleep yet. That's next on my agenda. Good night - er, morning." After she gets off the phone, she calls DS Bates to fill her in, hoping she hasn't turned in yet, though if she has, she'll leave a message.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Phoning DS Bates, Jocelyn is greeted by groaning and then a brief tirade of curse words. 'Uh, thanks for that, I'm not too sure what it means for the investigation but maybe a few hours of sleep will help.'

Jocelyn eventually manages to fall asleep. When she wakes she's a bit more rested but her skin is feeling hot and itchy. She eyes the bedclothes suspiciously.

It is around 11am, she's missed breakfast but there might be somewhere to eat nearby. She knows Simon took a room in the Holiday Inn as well but she doesn't have his room number.

Slung over the chair are the clothes DS Bates found her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn takes a quick shower and gets dressed, then heads out to find somewhere to eat brunch. She calls Simon on her cell phone to see if he wants to meet up with her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Moving here: [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7175[/url]

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”