IC - 9 - The Niece - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC - 9 - The Niece - Everyone

Post by Philulhu »

Kris signalled to Simon to keep an eye on the door while he went to check on Jocelyn.

”Let me check,” he said to DS Bates as he headed down the corridor and out to the car park. He called over to Jocelyn, “Any lights on in the flat?”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon keeps watch, though he's not really expecting much. He suspects Lindsay has long fled. Now it was just a matter of tracking her down.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The lights are out in 3, but on in 4 and 6," says Jocelyn. "Her car's gone too, which further suggests she isn't home."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”No lights and no car,” said Kris, with a wave of acknowledgement to Jocelyn. “It doesn’t look like she’s here, Lucy.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Okay, give me an hour' says Bates. 'I'll join you at the apartment and bring the warrant with me. Time to go and wake up the magistrate.'

Looking outside the team can see the flashing blue lights of the ARV arrive outside the apartment complex and Burke gets out the car accompanied by a uniformed officer.
OOC,Anything you want to do while waiting for Bates?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris glanced at his watch, yawned and thought about getting some kip in the car, but he knew he wouldn’t get any sleep with his colleagues around.

He looked up at the windows of the flats, noting where the curtains were twitching under the blue strobe of the police lights. He read off the flat numbers to Burke and the PC. “They’re awake so let’s go and knock on a few doors. See if we can’t find out anything else about Lindsay Peale. We’ve got about an hour until DS Bates turns up, so you might as well make yourselves useful!”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can help with the interviews too," says Jocelyn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

If asked, Simon would also volunteer his assistance.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Flat 4 is where the woman opposite Lindsay's flat lives. Knocking at Flat 6 on the second floor brings a bleary eyed man in his late twenties to the door, 'Hi, uh, yeah, what do you want? he says guardedly.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris showed the man his warrant card. DC Sapru, Thames Valley CID,” he introduced himself. “We are looking for one of your neighbours, Miss Peale, who lives at flat number four. Have you seen her recently?”
OOC,Something about him makes Kris think there is something else going on. Psychology (30%) - [dice]0[/dice]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kris,Kris sees the man react to both his warrant card and mention of Lindsay's name, he looks nervous, like he's done something wrong
'Uh, Lindsay? Sorry, don't think I know her, can't help you I'm afraid...' and he starts to close the door.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Kris put his foot in the door to prevent the door from closing. ”Really?” he said, his face impassive and with a serious tone of voice. “Strangely enough, that’s not the vibe you’re giving off. So, let’s try again. I’m looking for Lindsay Peale - who you clearly know - so when did you last see her?”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kris,That sounds like Intimidate - you can have a bonus die as you're a police officer - if you fail you can push using another social skill if you like and roleplay it appropriately
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,With Intimidate at 15%, I’m not hopeful, so I’ll roll Persuade (55%) as a back-up. Intimidate (15%) - [dice]0[/dice] Persuade (55%) - [dice]1[/dice] Right on the nose!
Kris sensed the guy’s defences were up so he made a conscious effort to relax his shoulders. ”Look, fella,” he said in a more conciliatory tone. “We’ve got a young girl who’s gone missing. She’ll be frightening and her parents are worried sick. I just need to find Lindsay to see if she can help us, so if you can help me find her, it will be better for everyone.”
Last edited by Philulhu on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Kris had a bonus die so I'll roll that [dice]0[/dice] - so a pass on Intimidate with a 13!
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Sorry, cross-posted with my edit.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

The man's eyes widen as Kris pushes open his door, he backs away looking panicky, 'Eh, uh, yeah, no, look, okay, I know Lindsay alright. We sometimes, you know, hang out, smoke a joint and stuff. I haven't seen her since yesterday.'

Hearing Kris's more conciliatory tone he adds, 'Look, Lindsay's a good person, she wouldn't do anything wrong, believe me.'
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Have you seen her hanging around with anyone lately?” asked Kris.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Nah, not really, she was always busy with work, not sure she had many other friends to be honest. Me and her had a...an understanding, we spent a bit of time together.' He looks a bit more thoughtful, or at least as thoughtful as a man wearing just his pants in the early hours of the morning can. 'She seemed a bit more stressed recently, last few weeks, wouldn't say why, just work.'
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Did she ever mention a place she might have gone to get away from it all?" Simon adds. "I'm sure you have her cell number, would you mind giving her a call for us?" He doubted Lindsay still had her phone, but if she did, chances were she'd pick up for her friend as opposed to an unknown number.

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”